Leave Urbie alone!

#22 Tacheyon

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 June 2022 - 09:27 PM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 17 June 2022 - 03:48 PM, said:

That is correct, the Crusader 6T currently only has the survival quirks that all variants have.

All the other variants got some weapon love. Couldn't the 6T get at least a 5% Laser Heat Gen quirk?

Running 12 ER Small Lasers is going to cause and 4 MPLs is going to be a little warm.

#23 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 338 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 17 June 2022 - 09:54 PM

View PostLockheed_, on 17 June 2022 - 07:32 PM, said:

you need heat vision for that???

Posted Image

Not everyone wants to be a "sniper wannabe"... some guys actually fight mech on mech...

#24 yrrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 221 posts

Posted 17 June 2022 - 09:59 PM

View PostTacheyon, on 17 June 2022 - 09:27 PM, said:

All the other variants got some weapon love. Couldn't the 6T get at least a 5% Laser Heat Gen quirk?

Running 12 ER Small Lasers is going to cause and 4 MPLs is going to be a little warm.

They can always adjust it later. They're just being cautious with it since it's the most energy hardpoints IS has on a mech, with half of them being cockpit level. And people are always going to be more receptive of buffs later than nerfs later. Especially on a paid pack launch.

#25 Krovakon

• PipPipPip
  • The Forbidden
  • The Forbidden
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 June 2022 - 10:49 PM

Not sure I agree with the LMG getting a 33% damage nerf to structure and a 66% damage nerf to components in exchange for a bit more range that'll only add synergy to MRM's (which you shouldn't be using MG's with in the first place), Large pulse lasers, and ER medium lasers. It was already the weakest of the MG's and somehow it was decided to make it vastly weaker? You'll see the Blackjack-Arrow use them but probably no other IS mech in the game will utilize them over regular MG's or HMG's.

#26 Knightshadowsong

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 290 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 18 June 2022 - 01:21 AM

I've said this last patch I'll say it AGAIN. Minimum Range on LPPC needs to return. The LPPC spam is getting out of hand (heck it's BEEN out of hand sense this bad idea first dropped) I know you guys normally don't hear things like this because Lore players like me are often drowned out by the vocal minority. but PLEASE PGI. I'm sick of being spammed with LPPC's Every dang match.

#27 Staude Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 277 posts

Posted 18 June 2022 - 02:31 AM

ENERGY WEAPONS
Snub Nose PPC:

<p style="font-size: medium;">
  • Increased pinpoint damage to 10 (from 8.5)
  • Increased damage to each adjacent component to 2.5 (from 1.5) (aka., 2.5 + 10 + 2.5)
  • Reduced minimum heat penalty limit to 3 (from 4)

ER PPC:

• Increased heat penalty multiplier to 7 (from 4)

Nice: IS Waffen buff
Clan nerf

Didn't forget to edit the clan heat sinks with sure forgot in the last patch

IS Heat Sinks 10 HP
Clan 4 HP

IS Heat Sinks over 100% more health as a clan nice balance

#28 Lepestok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationNizhniy Tagil

Posted 18 June 2022 - 04:46 AM

Removing fog from Caustic is a huge mistake. Goodbye atmosphere, now it's just an ugly location.

Edited by Lepestok, 18 June 2022 - 05:03 AM.

#29 Lepestok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationNizhniy Tagil

Posted 18 June 2022 - 05:08 AM

Instead of doing useless things, don't you want to fix THIS? These are the textures at the maximum graphics settings.
Posted Image

#30 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 561 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 June 2022 - 06:41 AM

View PostLepestok, on 18 June 2022 - 05:08 AM, said:

Instead of doing useless things, don't you want to fix THIS? These are the textures at the maximum graphics settings.
Posted Image

Quit showing off, my dude! Most do not have high-end systems to get even close to this cinematic experience anyways! ;)

#31 Divkrd

• PipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 53 posts
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 18 June 2022 - 07:55 AM

View PostKnightshadowsong, on 18 June 2022 - 01:21 AM, said:

I've said this last patch I'll say it AGAIN. Minimum Range on LPPC needs to return. The LPPC spam is getting out of hand (heck it's BEEN out of hand sense this bad idea first dropped) I know you guys normally don't hear things like this because Lore players like me are often drowned out by the vocal minority. but PLEASE PGI. I'm sick of being spammed with LPPC's Every dang match.

yeah sure, lets nerf everything that people don't like, certainly the way to go lol.

For real, how about getting better yourself instead of asking for nerf of something that you don't like?

#32 Steve Pryde

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,465 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 June 2022 - 01:01 PM

I would apreciate an engine+weapon sale for fitting out all the Crusaders on patch day. Posted Image

#33 Mykor

• PipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 22 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 June 2022 - 01:26 PM

I really like the new maps and the designing improvements to counter “NASCAR” combat …. I hope more and more maps both new that are made and old that are redesign are set up like these new maps. Vitric Station is a zone with mini zones presenting there own obstacles … I like this a lot. Good job to the devs on improving MWO … Posted Image

Edited by Mykor, 18 June 2022 - 01:29 PM.

#34 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 18 June 2022 - 01:48 PM

Before my mind gets to the rest of things... Can anyone in either PGI's MWO Team and/or "The Cauldron" tell me why the VPR-F Stock Loadout had to take such a horribly extreme nerfing that it did not deserve? Why not move the token-grade Arm Armor +4 Bonuses to the So8 (Set-Of-Eight) and cut the HMG Ammo Bonus in So8 down to halfway between Current and Post-Patch levels first as a test of an incremental notching before pulling it entirely? This is going to completely trash the VPR-F So8 out of use, straight along with the VPR-F's possible viability, and make me leave mine collecting dust for a while! :angry:

And can anyone in either PGI's MWO Team and/or "The Cauldron" tell why did the HGR (Heavy Gauss Rifle) Ammo get a +2/Ton increase without trying +1/Ton first on everyone? Was there proper consideration taken in terms of the possibly oppressive effects where you combine that with the Magazine Capacity Skill Nodes during normal gameplay, and the fact that HGR Ammo simply does not explode? Are we trying to push insane & massive increases in HGR usage on the battlefields which would then potentially also cause an increase in sniper-style gameplay? This is looking a bit nuts here! :unsure:

Plus one to good ol' Francois over there... I saw that you retained the B3/C3-zoned drop-off near the '4'-Line on this new Vitric Station map of your design. I'm going to call it now that you'll probably need to make the indicated single section more bidirectional than just a ramp addition on the side, because more easily-traversible pathing can avoid a hitch in the level of enjoyment which people have with the Vitric Station map's playable area. Other than that, it's basically extremely well done, and I'm looking forward to playing in battles there! ^_^

View PostLepestok, on 18 June 2022 - 05:08 AM, said:

<<< non-loading image from https://i.yapx.ru/SZSgS.jpg that never showed up >>>

View Postlatinisator, on 18 June 2022 - 06:41 AM, said:

Quit showing off, my dude! Most do not have high-end systems to get even close to this cinematic experience anyways! Posted Image

And some of us can NOT see the dang image because we discover that the site owner won't let us see it. Given the domain and that there are some countries in the world who are being rude to each other right now, this really sucks. Could you please take the time to re-post it somewhere (preferably other than imgur since they're trying to force people into shutting down personal computer security software) that everyone can view please, so that those of us unable to view from "yapx" can see what you're trying to show all MWO Forum Users who come here? :(

View PostDivkrd, on 17 June 2022 - 09:21 PM, said:

Leave Urbie alone!

View PostKnightshadowsong, on 18 June 2022 - 01:21 AM, said:

View PostDivkrd, on 18 June 2022 - 07:55 AM, said:

yeah sure, lets nerf everything that people don't like, certainly the way to go lol.

For real, how about getting better yourself instead of asking for nerf of something that you don't like?

Even if people need to improve, making it nigh-unto-impossible to do so through leaving a combination too strong will only cause loss of players instead. While it happens that I may not like some of the nerfs to the "UM-R80", the "PXH-1B", or even the "PNT-KK aka Katana Kat" Mechs either in terms of changes, it happens that I do understand the need to keep everything somehow in balance so even the best players can not abuse a combination to the detriment of lesser players. These changes should simply reduce the LPPC Spam but without really putting LPPCs under the bus severely. :huh:

View PostSteve Pryde, on 18 June 2022 - 01:01 PM, said:

I would apreciate an engine+weapon sale for fitting out all the Crusaders on patch day. Posted Image

Sounds reasonable, and could be used to help a bunch of other Mechs as well. Only question is whether or not they would be willing to do that?! :)

I shall now be on my way, but it's a definite that I'm listening for a reply from either PGI's MWO Team and/or those whom we know as "The Cauldron" regarding why the crazy swing in balance-type changes. I still never heard back from anyone on PGI's MWO Team as to why two of the Clan Smoke Jaguar colors never got added to the "Hot & Heavy Sale" that is running right now, and am a little depressed they're not up for consideration in (MC) to get at a discount. At least on the balance of things, it looks like Patch v1.4.261.0 will be a step forward, even if not entirely in a picture-perfect positive direction which all players enjoy. B)

~D. V. "hopes they posted all their recent thinking up to Patch v1.4.261.0 in a single attempt" Devnull

#35 Knownswift

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 269 posts

Posted 18 June 2022 - 05:16 PM

IS light machine guns are going to suck until you reduce the tonnage.

#36 P

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 107 posts
  • LocationI bask in the fire, and look into the stars, Laughing

Posted 18 June 2022 - 05:43 PM

sometimes its the fog that makes the valley interesting, challenging and unique.
sad its also the same reason why folks avoid it coz its hard to tackle it

i remember when i was a kid playing the old school mechwarrior
one of the ai pilots many "quirks" is the ability to fight in blinding condition.

i sort of enjoy and will miss it when its gone

#37 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts

Posted 18 June 2022 - 07:23 PM

I am writing here because it is now a weekend, which means that I definitely not wait for a response from technical support within a day and a half.
I can't enter the game. When you try to enter the game, "Error 13" occurs. I was able to log into my account on the forum without any problems.
Am I the only one having this problem trying to log into the game today?

#38 MegaBopper

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 89 posts

Posted 18 June 2022 - 07:57 PM

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 18 June 2022 - 07:23 PM, said:

I am writing here because it is now a weekend, which means that I definitely not wait for a response from technical support within a day and a half.
I can't enter the game. When you try to enter the game, "Error 13" occurs. I was able to log into my account on the forum without any problems.

"Good? Evening".

Unfortunately I have to report that I am experiencing the same error report while attempting to log in to the MWO Client. After doing significant troubleshooting on my system I have to conclude that the issue is on the PGI servers end.

*** Urgent!!! *** PGI please troubleshoot this issue quickly?

Thanks in advance,

#39 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts

Posted 18 June 2022 - 08:19 PM

The Cauldron continues to dance on the rake, on which the PGI themselves danced at one time. Instead of nerfing mechs that are overkill with a particular weapon, they are nerfing the entire weapon system.
So it was at one time with the KDK-3, when instead of antiquirks for ultra canons for the mech itself, they nerfed the entire line of ultra canons, raising the jam chance to heaven. So it was with ATM, when instead of antiquirks on ATM for Vapor Eagle, Sun Spider, Warhammer IIC and Supernova, they cut off 17% of the damage (in the close range) of the entire ATM line. Now they got to light machine guns.

Edited by Voice of Kerensky, 18 June 2022 - 08:25 PM.

#40 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 18 June 2022 - 08:22 PM

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 18 June 2022 - 07:23 PM, said:

View PostMegaBopper, on 18 June 2022 - 07:57 PM, said:

"Good? Evening".

Unfortunately I have to report that I am experiencing the same error report while attempting to log in to the MWO Client. After doing significant troubleshooting on my system I have to conclude that the issue is on the PGI servers end.

*** Urgent!!! *** PGI please troubleshoot this issue quickly?

Thanks in advance,

I popped in here to report the same thing. I decided to do a test-login within the past half-hour after numerous teammates reported this issue over Discord, and I confirmed the same issue on both Steam and the MWO portal, on multiple computers in my house. (I did not do any further diagnostics, however).

Given the number of people starting to report these issues, it does seem like an issue that's not the fault of any end-user, nor within the capacity of players to fix for themselves.

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 18 June 2022 - 08:19 PM, said:

The Cauldron continues to dance on the rake, on which the PGI themselves danced at one time. Instead of nerfing mechs that are overkill with a particular weapon, they are nerfing the entire weapon system.
So it was at one time with the KDK-3, when instead of antiquirks for ultra canons for the mech itself, they nerfed the entire line of ultra canons, raising the wedge chance to heaven. So it was with ATM, when instead of antiquirks on ATM for Vapor Eagle, Sun Spider, Warhammer IIC and Supernova, they cut off 17% of the damage (in the close range) of the entire ATM line. Now they got to light machine guns.

As an early adopter of the KDK-3, I still maintain that the point of that entire chassis was always maneuverability at the expense of firepower, and that the solution to the problem they created at launch was to remove the inflated ballistic hardpoints, not all of the maneuverability and weapon nerfs that they implemented, instead.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users