#41 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 18 June 2022 - 08:23 PM

View PostMegaBopper, on 18 June 2022 - 07:57 PM, said:

"Good? Evening".

Unfortunately I have to report that I am experiencing the same error report while attempting to log in to the MWO Client. After doing significant troubleshooting on my system I have to conclude that the issue is on the PGI servers end.

*** Urgent!!! *** PGI please troubleshoot this issue quickly?

Thanks in advance,

Thank you! Now I understand that the problem is not me.
I'm afraid you and I will have to live without MWO for some time. At least until PGI runs out of weekends.
But nevertheless, I continue to hope that the problem will be solved sooner.

#42 Lepestok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationNizhniy Tagil

Posted 18 June 2022 - 10:25 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 18 June 2022 - 01:48 PM, said:

And some of us can NOT see the dang image because we discover that the site owner won't let us see it. Given the domain and that there are some countries in the world who are being rude to each other right now, this really sucks. Could you please take the time to re-post it somewhere (preferably other than imgur since they're trying to force people into shutting down personal computer security software) that everyone can view please, so that those of us unable to view from "yapx" can see what you're trying to show all MWO Forum Users who come here? Posted Image

I post it on another photo hosting. Once again I write that these are the maximum graphics settings. This hasn't been fixed since the release of the map.
Posted Image

#43 chaosshade2638

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 90 posts
  • LocationAround

Posted 18 June 2022 - 10:31 PM

So when do us Clanners get a new mech?

#44 ghost1e

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 403 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationReigning World Champion

Posted 19 June 2022 - 12:10 AM

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 18 June 2022 - 08:19 PM, said:

The Cauldron continues to dance on the rake, on which the PGI themselves danced at one time. Instead of nerfing mechs that are overkill with a particular weapon, they are nerfing the entire weapon system.
So it was at one time with the KDK-3, when instead of antiquirks for ultra canons for the mech itself, they nerfed the entire line of ultra canons, raising the jam chance to heaven. So it was with ATM, when instead of antiquirks on ATM for Vapor Eagle, Sun Spider, Warhammer IIC and Supernova, they cut off 17% of the damage (in the close range) of the entire ATM line. Now they got to light machine guns.

Negative quirks are generally considered bad by the cauldron afaik. Also LMGs were not over-performing and are actually being buffed with this patch imho.

#45 Staude Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 277 posts

Posted 19 June 2022 - 12:36 AM

View Postchaosshade2638, on 18 June 2022 - 10:31 PM, said:

So when do us Clanners get a new mech?

Mech ?

how about when new clan weapons are introduced

#46 Lepestok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationNizhniy Tagil

Posted 19 June 2022 - 01:16 AM

New weapon? How about tweaking the engine and improving optimization?

Edited by Lepestok, 19 June 2022 - 08:59 AM.

#47 Staude Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 277 posts

Posted 19 June 2022 - 01:27 AM

View PostLepestok, on 19 June 2022 - 01:16 AM, said:

New weapon? How about iterating over the engine and improving the optimization?

Optimize, should have taken place much earlier before I get into the quirks You should have sized the mechs based on their weight relative to their volume I think that would have been the right place to start that there are errors here has already been described several times furthermore, changing the quirks should be done in much smaller increments

#48 Itsacon

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 72 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Posted 19 June 2022 - 03:07 AM

View PostKnownswift, on 18 June 2022 - 05:16 PM, said:

IS light machine guns are going to suck until you reduce the tonnage.

Machine guns and flamers are anti-infantry weapons. They're supposed to suck when you're using them to shoot at an assault mech.

The current meta where a Viper can 1v1 a Dire Wolf while standing in front of him, simply because of the insane DPS and crits machine guns put out is just silly.

#49 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 19 June 2022 - 04:52 AM

View PostTheUltimateGhost, on 19 June 2022 - 12:10 AM, said:

Negative quirks are generally considered bad by the cauldron afaik. Also LMGs were not over-performing and are actually being buffed with this patch imho.

It's verry unfortunate that Cauldron thinks that nerfing an entire weapon system is better than nerfing several (usually single) mechs.
For example, I have a Viper built with 6 small pulses and 4 light machine guns. Or Arctic Cheetah with 5 small pulses an 3 light mashine guns. Does that mechs really have that monstrous critical damage potential? Does the Cauldron think that mechs deserves a critical damage nerf along with the 8-12mg Viper/ 8mg Mist Lynx/ 12mg Piranha?
This is a rhetorical question, addressed rather to the entire Cauldron, to make it clear to these people that MWO is played not only on meta builds. And when Cauldron swings his nerfhammer over weapon system, those mechs that do not abuse the weapon system that are subject to punishment are the first to suffer.

#50 Rizzi Kell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Wolf
  • Hero of Wolf
  • 140 posts

Posted 19 June 2022 - 06:28 AM

ich spar mir das Übersetzen, was für einen Mist macht ihr denn nun schon wieder? Snupppc noch stärker???? WARUM???????
Ammo bonus vom Pirhana A weg? hab so wenig Pirhana A gesehen macht keinen Sinn, Set of 8 Viper Ammobonus weg????? gleichzeitig den Armorbonus auf die Arme weg? Euch sollte man die Lizenz entziehen das sollte man machen. Egal was Ihr nehmt, nehmt verdammt noch mal weniger!!!!

#51 Divkrd

• PipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 53 posts
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 19 June 2022 - 06:50 AM

View PostTheUltimateGhost, on 19 June 2022 - 12:10 AM, said:

Excuse me, since when reducing damage is considered a BUFF?

p.s. no need to tell me that range=damage, LMG anti-armour damage was nonexistent before, now its anti-structure damage gonna be nonexistent aswell, you gonna do no damage from 400m away, yay, nice buff lol

Edited by Divkrd, 19 June 2022 - 06:56 AM.

#52 Divkrd

• PipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 53 posts
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 19 June 2022 - 07:00 AM

View PostItsacon, on 19 June 2022 - 03:07 AM, said:

Machine guns and flamers are anti-infantry weapons. They're supposed to suck when you're using them to shoot at an assault mech.

The current meta where a Viper can 1v1 a Dire Wolf while standing in front of him, simply because of the insane DPS and crits machine guns put out is just silly.

Viper uses HEAVY MG, they nerf LIGHT MG, barely any mech is stacking LMGs, pretty much only Black Jack is picking more than 4 LMGs, and he's far from being OP or even "powerful", he's decent at best.

#53 Krasnopesky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 217 posts

Posted 19 June 2022 - 11:45 AM

In regards to LMG balance:

Very likely they will be weaker when this patch hits. That is not intentional, but a product of caution when re-balancing the weapon system.

Cauldron's goal for LMG balance is to make them a good mid-range ballistic option for Light Mechs while reducing part of the frustration aspect inherent in all machine guns; their ability to easily crit out all an enemy Mechs weapons and equipment.

In future patches should LMG prove to still be underused and sub-optimal (as they are now) we will look at buffing them in a variety of ways to ensure they have a competitive use-case.

I always personally prefer to balance low and then buff instead of create an overpowered weapon and have to nerf it.

Thanks for all the feedback!

#54 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,404 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 19 June 2022 - 12:19 PM

Personally if I was MWO, I would nerf (undo) weapon hardpoint inflation, and compensate players with those mechs... (I'm looking at you, 12mg Piranha / 8-12mg Viper / 8mg Mist Lynx).

Oh wait, now we are about to get that 10mg Crusader hero mech!!

It's impossible to game balance against weapon hardpoint inflation, which is MWO/Cauldron is trying to do in essence.

Personally, I thought that it was a BIG mistake for MWO to introduce Piranha with 12mg... and still think so today.

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 19 June 2022 - 04:52 AM, said:

It's verry unfortunate that Cauldron thinks that nerfing an entire weapon system is better than nerfing several (usually single) mechs.
For example, I have a Viper built with 6 small pulses and 4 light machine guns. Or Arctic Cheetah with 5 small pulses an 3 light mashine guns. Does that mechs really have that monstrous critical damage potential? Does the Cauldron think that mechs deserves a critical damage nerf along with the 8-12mg Viper/ 8mg Mist Lynx/ 12mg Piranha?
This is a rhetorical question, addressed rather to the entire Cauldron, to make it clear to these people that MWO is played not only on meta builds. And when Cauldron swings his nerfhammer over weapon system, those mechs that do not abuse the weapon system that are subject to punishment are the first to suffer.

Edited by w0qj, 19 June 2022 - 12:19 PM.

#55 Staude Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 277 posts

Posted 19 June 2022 - 12:23 PM

sup nose Buff

2.5+10+2,5 15 at Heat7
15x3 45
+1x AC 20
= 65 Point Dmg all 3,7 sec no Gost Heat

IS Mad BH 75 Tonnen Mech

is NO small Buff

#56 Bennesto

• PipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 82 posts

Posted 19 June 2022 - 12:42 PM

Laservomit Timberwolf LPL or HLL with ERML and ECM. 2 Shots at BH2 - BH2 neutered.

But yeah, Snubnose... sooo scaaaaarryyy uuuuuh...

Edited by Bennesto, 19 June 2022 - 12:42 PM.

#57 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,404 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 19 June 2022 - 04:00 PM

21-June-2022 patch will see only fire 2x Snub Nose PPC without Ghost Heat penalty (down from 3x previously).
Not a buff to me :(

View PostStaude, on 19 June 2022 - 12:23 PM, said:

sup nose Buff

2.5+10+2,5 15 at Heat7
15x3 45
+1x AC 20
= 65 Point Dmg all 3,7 sec no Gost Heat

IS Mad BH 75 Tonnen Mech

is NO small Buff

#58 Knownswift

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 269 posts

Posted 19 June 2022 - 04:14 PM

View PostItsacon, on 19 June 2022 - 03:07 AM, said:

Thats a bonus they get in the tabletop game, it doesn't define their role in that game or this one.

MGs are mech killing weapons in this game and tabletop.

#59 Staude Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 277 posts

Posted 20 June 2022 - 05:22 AM

View Postw0qj, on 19 June 2022 - 04:00 PM, said:

21-June-2022 patch will see only fire 2x Snub Nose PPC without Ghost Heat penalty (down from 3x previously).
Not a buff to me Posted Image

ENERGY WEAPONS
Snub Nose PPC:

<p style="font-size: medium;">
  • Increased pinpoint damage to 10 (from 8.5)
  • Increased damage to each adjacent component to 2.5 (from 1.5) (aka., 2.5 + 10 + 2.5)
  • Reduced minimum heat penalty limit to 3 (from 4)

where please is something from 2x

penalty for Ghost Heat has been changed

IS PPC 3x no Ghost Heat

#60 Lepestok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationNizhniy Tagil

Posted 20 June 2022 - 05:32 AM

In the patch before last, you increased the health points for the equipment. In the latest patches, you have weakened the machine guns. What are you thinking about? You are actually killing another MWO mechanic, which consisted of spot destruction of equipment.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users