Patch Notes - 1.4.266.0 - 23-August-2022

120 replies to this topic

#41 Steve Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,465 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 August 2022 - 11:47 PM

So, Dervish 6MR now is a useless lrm boat which I never will use again? Thx.

#42 Blockpirat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 155 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationBavaria, Germany

Posted 22 August 2022 - 12:15 AM

Will the bug be fixed where Platinum 'Mechs are unable to use HXP from regular variants?

The new TBR-S(P) for example can't use HXP from the old TBR-S.

This is not expected behaviour, because other special and non-special variants share their HXP pool. The ADR-Prime and the ADR-Prime(I), for example.

#43 Divkrd

• PipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 53 posts
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 22 August 2022 - 12:33 AM

View PostSteve Pryde, on 21 August 2022 - 11:47 PM, said:

So, Dervish 6MR now is a useless lrm boat which I never will use again? Thx.

Say thanks to DATA, he's in charge of completely unnecessary nerf of a mech that you can barely see on the battlefield anyway.

Just another example that they have no idea what they're doing in terms of balancing.

#44 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 22 August 2022 - 01:22 AM

View PostDivkrd, on 22 August 2022 - 12:33 AM, said:

Say thanks to DATA, he's in charge of completely unnecessary nerf of a mech that you can barely see on the battlefield anyway.

Just another example that they have no idea what they're doing in terms of balancing.
SO the remainder of PGi is just inept?

But i fail to see how the dervish is nerfed can someone explain that to me?

Edited by KursedVixen, 22 August 2022 - 01:23 AM.

#45 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 22 August 2022 - 01:23 AM

View PostBlockpirat, on 22 August 2022 - 12:15 AM, said:

Will the bug be fixed where Platinum 'Mechs are unable to use HXP from regular variants?

The new TBR-S(P) for example can't use HXP from the old TBR-S.

This is not expected behaviour, because other special and non-special variants share their HXP pool. The ADR-Prime and the ADR-Prime(I), for example.

I reported this to Support, but it may be worth repeating from other players. I narrowed the rift down to being somewhere between the Fafnir and Marauder II, but I forget how closely I nailed it down. The issue I was having was not being able to save a loadout on one, and load it on the other. I completely forgot about HXP.

At some point between the Fafnir and Marauder II, they stopped coding the Special variant of a CBill 'mech as being "the same" in game terms. I don't know why, but I expect it was an oversight.

#46 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 22 August 2022 - 01:59 AM

View PostGurglegoggle, on 21 August 2022 - 02:17 PM, said:

i'm glad that no one listens to t5 dudes, because you have absolutely no clue what you propose.(unless it was sarcasm of course)
I like how you just assume. This is not the topic to make people angry over so shuddap or leave you didn't have to say anything your only reason for doing that is to get me angry, which this is not the place for that either..

So can someone explain to me how the dervish was 'nerfed"? (I haven't bought one)

And how does this lrm change effect anything?

Looking at tyhe patch notes and the minor change to Snubs i think we'll have another month or two of the snubpocolypse...

Edited by KursedVixen, 22 August 2022 - 02:22 AM.

#47 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 22 August 2022 - 02:23 AM

Well, there's that:

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 20 August 2022 - 10:23 PM, said:

DERVISH DV-6MR:
  • Removed -10% Missile spread
  • Changed 15% Missile velocity to 15% LRM Velocity

These changes mostly impact the now-popular MRM-builds by going more LRM-oriented.
In my opinion these changes are warranted to bring the 6MR more in line with the other variants, since it has more favourable hardpoints.

#48 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 22 August 2022 - 02:25 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 22 August 2022 - 02:23 AM, said:

Well, there's that:

These changes mostly impact the now-popular MRM-builds by going more LRM-oriented.
In my opinion these changes are warranted to bring the 6MR more in line with the other variants, since it has more favourable hardpoints.
seems like they want to nerf Mrm boats.. or want people to use other variants.

Edited by KursedVixen, 22 August 2022 - 02:25 AM.

#49 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 22 August 2022 - 03:10 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 22 August 2022 - 02:25 AM, said:

seems like they want to nerf Mrm boats.. or want people to use other variants.

not quite, just that particular variant, since it is slightly more powerful than say the 6M for example.

#50 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts

Posted 22 August 2022 - 05:17 AM

Are we still playing at the Pink station?
Are streaks still not worthy of returning to the game?
In two plus years, have we not deserved an adequate matchmaker?

#51 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 22 August 2022 - 07:10 AM

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 22 August 2022 - 05:17 AM, said:

Are we still playing at the Pink station?
Are streaks still not worthy of returning to the game?
In two plus years, have we not deserved an adequate matchmaker?

Yes.
No, still too weak.
Haha, at this point I'm not even sure MM does anything.

#52 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 22 August 2022 - 07:25 AM

View Postmartian, on 20 August 2022 - 11:31 PM, said:

The problem is that in the current game filled with ECM and radar derp it is difficult to get lock in the first place ...

My BIGGEST grip is not with ECM, but rather Radar Deprivation. A maxed out Radar Deprivation skill makes it 100% loss of lock as soon as lone of sight is lost. It's a percentage. It can become 100%.

Meanwhile, Advanced Target Decay adds direct time. It is not a counter percentage. It is a flat addition to time. This is perfectly fine as is.

However, when Radar Deprivation is at 100%, it doesn't matter anymore how many skills someone else has "wasted" in Advanced Target Decay, as soon as they loose line of sight (be it by a tiny cable crossing the enemy mech, or complete mech concealment) it doesn't as the lock is instantly lost.

Radar Deprivation should, in my opinion, do exactly the opposite of what Adv. Target Decay does, which would be to just do a flat subtraction of time the lock is held after line of sight is lost. It should be set so that maxed Radar Dep completely counters (or maybe a little more due to skill point investment) the benefits of Adv. Target Decay. This would result in a more standard balance.

#53 ghost1e

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 403 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationReigning World Champion

Posted 22 August 2022 - 07:36 AM

View Postw0qj, on 21 August 2022 - 08:50 AM, said:

How about DWF-A (SO8) with 3xERPPC? Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
It should now Alpha 3x above weapon group before needing to cool down.

ERPPC with:
+1 HSL energy weapon ==> fire 3x ERPPC with no ghost heat penalty!
-25% Cooldown (including SO8 bonus)
-15% Heat (including SO8 bonus)
+15% Weapons Velocity ==> Now add Skill Nodes + TC computer!! Posted Image
*faints*

Actually DWF-A with 3xERPPC might compete very well vs WHK-Prime(I) now, giving it a run for its money...

3 C-ERPPC is incredibly undergunned for a 100-ton mech. Some people like to run 3xPPC 1xGauss, which you should be able to alpha with the heat quirk now, but I still think it's vastly outclassed by other DWF builds like 2xGauss 5xERLL.

#54 XenoWraith

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 August 2022 - 08:53 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 21 August 2022 - 01:15 PM, said:

what they should have done is

SNUB NOSE PPC
Damage reduced to 10 (from 10+5 splash) <----Required
Heat increased to 11 (from 7)
Ghost heat increase to 25 (from 7)
2 Snub PPCs now incur ghost heat.<-----Required

How bout no? Snubs can quickly get outgunned in a brawl by laser vomit and UAC/LBX builds by placing a shot at the wrong location. They’re pinpoint brawling weapons and in a brawl you spend more time firing alphas instead of taking the time needed to place the shot. If you’re losing to snubs, you’re using a build that isn’t good in a brawling situation or you’re trying to fight snubs while piloting a severely damaged mech. The main problem pre patch is that players can boat snubs with almost no penalty. That is what’s being addressed and it’s being addressed in the way it should be addressed. Anything further at this point makes them too weak that we’ll see them going into obscurity which is what we don’t want.

#55 Mark Yore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Deadset Legend
  • Deadset Legend
  • 215 posts

Posted 22 August 2022 - 09:49 AM

View PostThe Chancelor, on 21 August 2022 - 09:49 PM, said:

I think that the Quickdraw IV4's prominence as the ultimate MRM poptart had to be restored.

I could never really get the IV4 to work properly for me. The MAD-4HP on the other hand...

#56 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 22 August 2022 - 10:21 AM

View PostXenoWraith, on 22 August 2022 - 08:53 AM, said:

How bout no? Snubs can quickly get outgunned in a brawl by laser vomit and UAC/LBX builds by placing a shot at the wrong location. They’re pinpoint brawling weapons and in a brawl you spend more time firing alphas instead of taking the time needed to place the shot. If you’re losing to snubs, you’re using a build that isn’t good in a brawling situation or you’re trying to fight snubs while piloting a severely damaged mech. The main problem pre patch is that players can boat snubs with almost no penalty. That is what’s being addressed and it’s being addressed in the way it should be addressed. Anything further at this point makes them too weak that we’ll see them going into obscurity which is what we don’t want.
i don't understand the point of snubs at this point just use light PPcs they're lighter also you can us PPC's now i think they got their minimoum range removed.

View PostXenoWraith, on 22 August 2022 - 08:53 AM, said:

Pinpoint??? No they are not suppose to be pinpoint https://www.sarna.ne...i/Snub-Nose_PPC they are suppose to be shotgun type ppcs that deal splash damage doing 10/8/5 damage getting lower damage the further out it gets and doing 10 heat per shot not 7 heat and not 10+5 damage they are doing as much total damage as a ac 10 pinpoint and the same damage as a clan PPC or guass rifle with the splash included...

Edited by KursedVixen, 22 August 2022 - 02:52 PM.

#57 Divkrd

• PipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 53 posts
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 22 August 2022 - 10:39 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 22 August 2022 - 01:59 AM, said:

I like how you just assume. This is not the topic to make people angry over so shuddap or leave you didn't have to say anything your only reason for doing that is to get me angry, which this is not the place for that either..

It's also not the place to show your incompetence, if you don't understand snubs, don't propose changes. And yes, i'm glad that they don't listen to people who have no clue what they're talking about, they have DATA for this after all.

#58 Cyrilis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • 760 posts
  • LocationRas Alhague Insane Asylum, most of the time in the pen where they lock up the Urbie pilots

Posted 22 August 2022 - 10:52 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 20 August 2022 - 10:23 PM, said:

GAMEPLAY TWEAKS
  • Innersphere LRMs now fire in a single salvo regardless of the launcher tube count (e.g., HBK-4J, AS7 when firing LRM15-20)

Speaking for myself, I want my 1 tube NARC slot back. I have been around long enough to squeeze am LRM 20 out of a raven on that thing...

#59 An6ryMan69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 455 posts

Posted 22 August 2022 - 11:18 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 21 August 2022 - 01:15 PM, said:

what they should have done is

SNUB NOSE PPC
Damage reduced to 10 (from 10+5 splash) <----Required
Heat increased to 11 (from 7)
Ghost heat increase to 25 (from 7)
2 Snub PPCs now incur ghost heat.<-----Required

But PGi is either inept at coding or it's as i've been saying for years

This has to be a joke. With this kind of nerf you might as well suggest just removing snubbies from the game. :(

#60 XenoWraith

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 August 2022 - 12:10 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 22 August 2022 - 10:21 AM, said:

i don't understand the point of snubs at this point just use light PPcs they're lighter also you can us PPC's now i think they got their minimoum range removed.

They’re shotgun PPCs and they do that very well. PGI just didn’t put in an accurate visual representation of that but that’s ok because they’re supposed to have high splash damage while also having the punching power of a regular PPC. Right now snubs do that particular thing way too well with just how easy it is to boat them.

Light PPCs are really only for light and medium mechs that can carry them and most of the time it’s probably just better to carry a regular PPC to begin with. The big differences between the two of them are the effective range of both and the splash damage of both.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users