Patch Notes - 1.4.266.0 - 23-August-2022

120 replies to this topic

#101 Brauer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 24 August 2022 - 04:47 PM

View PostPhenna, on 24 August 2022 - 02:58 PM, said:

Did the snub change not go through? Snub heat still reads as 7 in my game, so i'm not sure if it's just bugged or the snub heat actually wasn't implemented. Testing it in game doesn't seem to reveal any change either.

I might also just be confused about how patches are implemented as I'm a bit new, but I thought this patch was done yesterday during maintenance?

I see 8 heat in game.

#102 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,575 posts

Posted 24 August 2022 - 11:20 PM

View PostBrauer, on 24 August 2022 - 04:47 PM, said:

I see 8 heat in game.

Certain sound mods can cause this, iirc.

#103 Steel Shanks

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 64 posts
  • LocationConnaught, FWL

Posted 25 August 2022 - 09:56 AM

Ok PGI, I'm just going to say it... What the hell is wrong with you?? Seriously...

The LRM's were perfect the way they were, when You get a Lock, they work great. The Volley type fire was perfect! Change it back. The new way is stupid...

Nerfing the Dervish 6MR? LMAO!!! Why? The Cauldron thought it was a good idea? It didn't need to be nerfed... I BARELY see any Dervishes on the field! And I own Two of them lol.

Saw the Snub Nerf coming... don't care. I don't even use PPC's, and the Snub-pocalypse wasn't even that bad lol.

Clan NARC, I also don't care, Clanners Suck...

Where in all the Gods name is a Vitric Forge fix? LOL!! The ONE thing players have been asking for since the Map came out. I rarely get the Pink Screen effect, but when I do, and I do, it is insanely annoying... Heat Vision luckily fixes it... But still, WHY? Can You guys NOT fix it, with the limited resources You have, after Francois abandoned ship??

Light Machine damage increase, ok, but why does the Cougar have such a big buff?? There some Cauldron yahoos who love the Cougar this week? LOL...

The only one I'm really annoyed with is the damn LRM's... Change them back... These arbitrary changes are INCREDIBLY annoying... What is going on with You guys??

#104 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,575 posts

Posted 25 August 2022 - 11:37 AM

View PostSteel Shanks, on 25 August 2022 - 09:56 AM, said:

The only one I'm really annoyed with is the damn LRM's... Change them back... These arbitrary changes are INCREDIBLY annoying... What is going on with You guys??

You do realize that this is more or less a buff to very few and select chassis? They still fire volleys. Some chassis like the AS7 fired larger LRM launchers in multiple salvos, which made them more susceptible to AMS fire, similar to Clan LRMs.

#105 T B Kind

• PipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 August 2022 - 11:52 AM

View PostVald Taltos, on 21 August 2022 - 01:41 AM, said:

If I spend real cash on a Mech or a pack after I find how I want to outfit it based on it's quirks those can be changed on someone else's whim and what I spent money on is no longer viable.

IV-4 ?? (MC Mech that got an armor nerf a few years back)

Edited by T B Kind, 25 August 2022 - 11:56 AM.

#106 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 27 August 2022 - 07:20 AM

View PostCrimsonPhantom6sg062, on 21 August 2022 - 01:31 AM, said:

6 ML/ ERSL + MRMs (usually 2 MRM20).

It is too powerful especially versus speeders, so it got nerfed.

You can run similar builds on DV-6M, just not 6 ML + MRMs. Posted Image

I have at least 5 mechs that can use the same build and there is really ZERO about them to be called OP so what was this überquirk on this Dervish chassis that made it so OP somehow ?!?!?! Posted Image

View PostKursedVixen, on 23 August 2022 - 05:19 AM, said:

I highly doubt increasing the heat by one will stop the double snub urbies i see running around.

View PostAn6ryMan69, on 21 August 2022 - 07:17 AM, said:

I'm not real sure how a dual SNPPC urbie is so fearsome, I play urbies lots myself

The same here :
- Don't fear them on the battlefield.
- Don't even like playing them myself.
- Having something else than just 2 x Snub PPC is IMHO a lot better because you have something left to shoot with at all times!

The improvements to the Inner Sphere LRM's on a handful of mechs is welcome, and should have always been the case - I recently purchased an Atlas that fired LRMs in a completely wonky manner and almost contacted support to report the mech as broken - having my LRM 20 fire as an LRM12 and then an LRM 5 and then an LRM 3 back to back, was absurd and made my missiles a joke for AMS to shoot down. So good move there.

IMHO they should start fixing bugs per chassis instead of making weird changes :
- The thing with the doors opening delay completely removed = WTF ?!?!
- Now we have a LRM 20 fired through 5 pipes all at once = WTF ?!?!

Don't be weird P.G.I. !!! Posted Image

Very, very few players will take a light out that relies on missile weapons, knowing they will run out of ammo after doing 300-400 damage under actual combat conditions and then be dead in the water, when they can take a laser build of the same chassis and do twice that much damage and never run out of steam.

They will be all steamed up tho when all that heat from the lasers starts to cool off Posted Image Posted Image

View PostLockheed_, on 21 August 2022 - 07:47 AM, said:

1. Where's the fix for Vitric? I am at a point where I will leave the map if I get the pink bug after the patch and don't give me any BS that this is against TOS/COC, your product is broken.

View PostGargoyleVine, on 21 August 2022 - 10:49 AM, said:

ya man I'm done with the pink bug, I just drop the match now, I know that is kinda crappy but I'm over it

View PostType ZERO, on 21 August 2022 - 06:47 PM, said:

Oh please get a fix in - That pink burns my eyes. Posted Image

View PostKabukiOne, on 22 August 2022 - 01:19 PM, said:

So Vitric Forge will remain bright pink and purple?

View PostKen Harkin, on 22 August 2022 - 02:18 PM, said:

FIX VITRIC OR REMOVE IT. Seriously, I would love this map if every other drop wasn't glaring hot pink everywhere. This is a self imposed problem Piranha, not a balance question subject to taste. FIX IT.

Press H my guy Posted Image

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 21 August 2022 - 08:45 AM, said:

But time to throw out my Dervish 6MR, I guess. I have other mechs for LRMs.

View PostSteve Pryde, on 21 August 2022 - 11:47 PM, said:

So, Dervish 6MR now is a useless lrm boat which I never will use again? Thx.

View PostTesunie, on 22 August 2022 - 07:25 AM, said:

My BIGGEST grip is not with ECM, but rather Radar Deprivation. A maxed out Radar Deprivation skill makes it 100% loss of lock as soon as lone of sight is lost. It's a percentage. It can become 100%.

Meanwhile, Advanced Target Decay adds direct time. It is not a counter percentage. It is a flat addition to time. This is perfectly fine as is.

However, when Radar Deprivation is at 100%, it doesn't matter anymore how many skills someone else has "wasted" in Advanced Target Decay, as soon as they loose line of sight (be it by a tiny cable crossing the enemy mech, or complete mech concealment) it doesn't as the lock is instantly lost.

Radar Deprivation should, in my opinion, do exactly the opposite of what Adv. Target Decay does, which would be to just do a flat subtraction of time the lock is held after line of sight is lost. It should be set so that maxed Radar Dep completely counters (or maybe a little more due to skill point investment) the benefits of Adv. Target Decay. This would result in a more standard balance.

Or... you know... just don't LURM Posted Image

View PostDivkrd, on 22 August 2022 - 12:33 AM, said:

Say thanks to DATA, he's in charge of completely unnecessary nerf of a mech that you can barely see on the battlefield anyway.

Just another example that they have no idea what they're doing in terms of balancing.

IMHO many changes made by this Cauldron stuff over the last year or so have been really weird in many ways... Posted Image

The game has become really weird and the population is only getting lower and lower from my point of view!

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 22 August 2022 - 05:17 AM, said:

Are we still playing at the Pink station?

Are streaks still not worthy of returning to the game?

Streaks are AWESOME!!!

Pick a nice Medium like the HSN-8P or the DV-7D or the KTO-20 and slap on some :
- Streak 2
- (Light) TAG
- Light PPC or better

And hunt down everything from a Light to an Assault !!! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

In two plus years, have we not deserved an adequate matchmaker?

+ PSR system that doesn't punish you for being in a crappy team!

View PostKodan Black, on 22 August 2022 - 07:10 AM, said:

Yes.
No, still too weak.
Haha, at this point I'm not even sure MM does anything.

When was the last time you have played with this game ??

See above for some tips and hints! Posted Image

View PostTK Romero, on 23 August 2022 - 11:31 AM, said:

Interesting patch with more updates to SO8, encourages 'locking in' the omni pods vs mixing and matching.

It would be better if mixing and matching worked good without the SO8 stuff IMHO and just added stuff to your mech when you pick one omnipod instead of needing all 8 of them!

The values of each benefit would ofcourse have to be lowered but that's OK Posted Image

I'll be trying out the 6 snub Awesome-8Q build since it is obviously superior to the Godzilla version.
Should be fun when accidently alpha striking while riding the heat meter near 100% with override on.

Considering the same, but getting into a match with an Assault is very difficult these days and I end up playing only Lights and Mediums Posted Image

View PostXenoWraith, on 23 August 2022 - 11:39 AM, said:

This is absolutely wrong. Clan runs cooler than IS because Clan alpha/heat > IS alpha/heat. This has been proven so many times in the past because the same reasoning and the same Math was used on every occasion someone made this claim. cDHS are smaller, weigh the same, and Clan weaponry has always dealt more damage than IS weaponry. If you were to make the comparison between IS laser vomit to Clan laser vomit, with IS at best able to do 48 points of alpha damage/alpha to Clan 66 points of alpha damage/alpha, you will not be making this claim period. Factor that some clan pilots run HLLs instead cLPLs, that number is even higher.

That's cool ( Posted Image ) but you forgot one thing : Clan Armor is basically made of paper! Posted Image

Compare the following for example :
- MAD-3R = Heavy IS mech
- MAD-IIC-A = Assault Clan mech

You will notice the MAD-3R is the better mech of the two! Posted Image

Aaaand finally....

One thing I would really like to see happen :

Please please PLEASE add a buff to all DWF chassis variants to give them a higher topspeed!!!

The current 48 kp/h is basically a deathwish if your team leaves you behind at the beginning of a match! Posted Image

#107 XenoWraith

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 August 2022 - 08:28 AM

View PostRoodkapje, on 27 August 2022 - 07:20 AM, said:

I have at least 5 mechs that can use the same build and there is really ZERO about them to be called OP so what was this überquirk on this Dervish chassis that made it so OP somehow ?!?!?! Posted Image

The same here :
- Don't fear them on the battlefield.
- Don't even like playing them myself.
- Having something else than just 2 x Snub PPC is IMHO a lot better because you have something left to shoot with at all times!

IMHO they should start fixing bugs per chassis instead of making weird changes :
- The thing with the doors opening delay completely removed = WTF ?!?!
- Now we have a LRM 20 fired through 5 pipes all at once = WTF ?!?!

Don't be weird P.G.I. !!! Posted Image

They will be all steamed up tho when all that heat from the lasers starts to cool off Posted Image Posted Image

IMHO many changes made by this Cauldron stuff over the last year or so have been really weird in many ways... Posted Image

The game has become really weird and the population is only getting lower and lower from my point of view!

Streaks are AWESOME!!!

Pick a nice Medium like the HSN-8P or the DV-7D or the KTO-20 and slap on some :
- Streak 2
- (Light) TAG
- Light PPC or better

And hunt down everything from a Light to an Assault !!! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

+ PSR system that doesn't punish you for being in a crappy team!

When was the last time you have played with this game ??

See above for some tips and hints! Posted Image

It would be better if mixing and matching worked good without the SO8 stuff IMHO and just added stuff to your mech when you pick one omnipod instead of needing all 8 of them!

The values of each benefit would ofcourse have to be lowered but that's OK Posted Image

Considering the same, but getting into a match with an Assault is very difficult these days and I end up playing only Lights and Mediums Posted Image

That's cool ( Posted Image ) but you forgot one thing : Clan Armor is basically made of paper! Posted Image

Compare the following for example :
- MAD-3R = Heavy IS mech
- MAD-IIC-A = Assault Clan mech

You will notice the MAD-3R is the better mech of the two! Posted Image

Aaaand finally....

One thing I would really like to see happen :

Please please PLEASE add a buff to all DWF chassis variants to give them a higher topspeed!!!

The current 48 kp/h is basically a deathwish if your team leaves you behind at the beginning of a match! Posted Image

Funny that you say that Clan armor is weak because both IS and Clan are on par with each other in toughness. 6 to 10 points worth of armor difference doesn’t mean anything when Clan can bring bigger alphas, have a better optimal range which in turn means they can generally alpha first, and the first Clan alpha results in an IS mech to lose almost all of it’s torso armor outright for free. The only feasible way IS can counter that is PPFLD which Clan does better in most cases anyway.

#108 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 28 August 2022 - 11:07 AM

View PostXenoWraith, on 27 August 2022 - 08:28 AM, said:

Funny that you say that Clan armor is weak because both IS and Clan are on par with each other in toughness. 6 to 10 points worth of armor difference doesn’t mean anything when Clan can bring bigger alphas, have a better optimal range which in turn means they can generally alpha first, and the first Clan alpha results in an IS mech to lose almost all of it’s torso armor outright for free. The only feasible way IS can counter that is PPFLD which Clan does better in most cases anyway.

As it currently stands, IS actually has a better overall average range than Clan, especially at sniper ranges. Most high-end sniper weapons (Gauss, ERPPC) have equal range across techs, and the range buff which is nearly universal across the Inner Sphere, these days, intended to bring IS ERLL up to equal with cERLL also affects those weapons which start out equal, and give them a significant advantage. The Laser ranges, following all the range buffs, are within about 5 meters of each other, with IS having the advantage at 0% range skills, and Clan having the advantage at 15% range skills, but only by 5 meters, either way.

The only category where Clans retain a solid and distinct range advantage is with their UAC/20's, with their Streak SRMs, and with their Pulse Lasers. Everything else is on par or advantage: IS due to widespread inherent range quirks.

Edited by C337Skymaster, 28 August 2022 - 11:09 AM.

#109 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 28 August 2022 - 03:37 PM

I certainly hope your entire counter point here is not that Advance Target Decay and Radar Deprivation skills are perfectly fine because "just don't LURM"? Because, ya know, that kinda isn't exactly an argument or statement with any supporting, well, anything behind it. (The smile face confuses me as to what you are trying to say here.)

#110 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 29 August 2022 - 02:13 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 28 August 2022 - 11:07 AM, said:

As it currently stands, IS actually has a better overall average range than Clan, especially at sniper ranges. Most high-end sniper weapons (Gauss, ERPPC) have equal range across techs, and the range buff which is nearly universal across the Inner Sphere, these days, intended to bring IS ERLL up to equal with cERLL also affects those weapons which start out equal, and give them a significant advantage. The Laser ranges, following all the range buffs, are within about 5 meters of each other, with IS having the advantage at 0% range skills, and Clan having the advantage at 15% range skills, but only by 5 meters, either way.

The only category where Clans retain a solid and distinct range advantage is with their UAC/20's, with their Streak SRMs, and with their Pulse Lasers. Everything else is on par or advantage: IS due to widespread inherent range quirks.
Ontop of that Clan SSRMs were nerfed awhile ago to do less damage, which kinda half makes the extra range worthless.

Innersphere Also has MRms which do damage within 0 meters have higher tube count than LRms

And don't get me started on all the flavors of Gauss and PPC that likely outrange CERPP just from base quirks alone.(Light PPC Ligh guass)

Clan ERPPC projectile is slower, despite having the same range as the IS one, but does the same damage as a snub... and the same weight as a snub i hardly see the slower projectile fair.

And don't start on me about how PPC has 90 meter range don't like it use light snub or ERppc can't handle the heat? Then get out of the fire and just use lasers.

Meanwhile Clan get ATMs which are useless inside 120m and carry less tubes than in some cases LRM or SRM. ANd even then they got nerfed from 3 damage at thier shortest range bracket and now do 2.5 and 1.5 at their longest ranges. and don't think about using them like LRms their arc is horrible for that.

For example ATM12 max possible damage at 120m 24 useless within lower

MRM20 20 damage within a cloud of missiles doing a total of 20.... no minimum range.

Edited by KursedVixen, 29 August 2022 - 02:50 AM.

#111 XenoWraith

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 32 posts

Posted 31 August 2022 - 07:28 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 28 August 2022 - 11:07 AM, said:

Your argument here is based on whether or not all IS mechs have the general laser range quirks which is not the current case. My argument is what currently happens in practice which is certain mech variants may be able to have similar ranges than Clan but only under very specific cases which is still somewhat the opposite of what you’re saying is happening. This means that Clan, with the exception of certain and very specific outliers, still outranges IS overall however the problem is not the range of what either flavor can do but the disproportionate alpha to heat ratio that is in favor of Clan mechs.

#112 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 02 September 2022 - 10:06 AM

View PostXenoWraith, on 27 August 2022 - 08:28 AM, said:

It's my general opinion when playing most of the Clan mechs : Brawl with them and your mech will just fall apart a lot sooner than your IS mech would either in the same class or even one class lower!

Please note that this mostly applies to Medium/Heavy/Assault mechs because Lights are difficult to measure/compare because of the weird hitboxes stuff some of them have... Posted Image

View PostTesunie, on 28 August 2022 - 03:37 PM, said:

I certainly hope your entire counter point here is not that Advance Target Decay and Radar Deprivation skills are perfectly fine because "just don't LURM"? Because, ya know, that kinda isn't exactly an argument or statement with any supporting, well, anything behind it.

It bothers me a lot more when I spot someone and the spot disappears almost immediately and I can't use my Spotting option longer than the actual spot lasted! Posted Image Posted Image

(The smile face confuses me as to what you are trying to say here.)

I was also trying to be a bit funny but apparently I have horribly failed at that part ?! Posted Image

P.S. : I am more a MRM/SRM or Streak 2+TAG+PPC guy when it comes to using rockets! Posted Image

#113 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 04 September 2022 - 08:52 AM

Call me stupid, but what does S08 mean exaclty? Season 8? Are these changes just for comp, or solaris, or global?

#114 CrimsonPhantom6sg062

• PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 04 September 2022 - 08:37 PM

View PostVellron2005, on 04 September 2022 - 08:52 AM, said:

Call me stupid, but what does S08 mean exaclty? Season 8? Are these changes just for comp, or solaris, or global?

"Set Of 8"

When you buy an IS or Clan Omnimech, it comes with 8 components exclusive to a particular variant:
1 Center Torso
2 Head
3 Left Torso
4 Right Torso
5 Left Arm
6 Right Arm
7 Left Leg
8 Right Leg

If you keep all components stock, then you get the SO8 bonus. The moment you swap components out for quirks or hardpoints, you LOSE the SO8 bonus.

All SO8 bonuses give bonus XP per battle, and often come with extra quirks. Make sure you buy the exact mech/ CT for the SO8 bonus you want.

Quirks may be minor for boat or already strong builds. Quirks can be REALLY extreme if the build is kitchen sink or bad.

Changes are global because they have nothing to do with game modes, they are exclusively related to mech builds.

SO8 is there to incentivise Omnimech kitchen sink and bracket builds + add more mech variety + revenue to PGI's wallet.

Edited by CrimsonPhantom6sg062, 04 September 2022 - 08:39 PM.

#115 W0RF

Rookie

• The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 September 2022 - 12:16 AM

IF you dont put a engine big enough for faster speed into your mech, its YOUR FAULT ;-P

Maybe you should replace your DireWhales with Kodiaks ?

#116 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 06 September 2022 - 07:37 AM

View PostCrimsonPhantom6sg062, on 04 September 2022 - 08:37 PM, said:

When you buy an IS or Clan Omnimech, it comes with 8 components exclusive to a particular variant:

Except, despite almost a decade of begging, we don't actually have IS Omnimechs in MWO. :(

#117 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 06 September 2022 - 07:40 AM

View PostW0RF, on 06 September 2022 - 12:16 AM, said:

IF you dont put a engine big enough for faster speed into your mech, its YOUR FAULT ;-P

It's an omnimech. Fixed engine. Dire Wolves are not Kodiaks. If PGI eventually gets their head on straight, they might eventually realize that Kodiaks are fast and maneuverable, but undergunned, and Dire Wolves are slow and plodding, but extremely overgunned.

I don't think DWFs need free speed tweak. I kinda think the 'mechs that DO have it don't need it either. That brings the various 'mechs back in line with each other so they maintain the same relative position. DWFs do need to be able to TURN, though. So either increase their turn rate to match that of other 'mechs, or reduce the turn rate of other 'mechs so the DWF fits in again.

#118 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 08 September 2022 - 12:16 PM

View PostW0RF, on 06 September 2022 - 12:16 AM, said:

I would love to but sadly that's not possible! Posted Image

I would rather see the DWF variants becoming a bit faster!

Doesn't have to be much : Maybe just 55 kp/h instead of the current 48 kp/h Posted Image

Some other slow mechs could use some love too by the way like the Anni for example!
They are just too slow by todays MWO standards... Posted Image

View PostC337Skymaster, on 06 September 2022 - 07:37 AM, said:

Except, despite almost a decade of begging, we don't actually have IS Omnimechs in MWO. Posted Image

That is indeed sadly the current status of IS OmniMechs in MWO Posted Image

View PostC337Skymaster, on 06 September 2022 - 07:40 AM, said:

It's an omnimech. Fixed engine. Dire Wolves are not Kodiaks. If PGI eventually gets their head on straight, they might eventually realize that Kodiaks are fast and maneuverable, but undergunned, and Dire Wolves are slow and plodding, but extremely overgunned.

What are the changes you would apply to both of them ?!

I don't think DWFs need free speed tweak. I kinda think the 'mechs that DO have it don't need it either.

The current state of the game requires them to be faster : It's no fun when your slow Assaults can't go fast enough to keep up with the rest of the team that's a lot faster! Posted Image

The difference has become waaaay to high compared to a couple of years ago...

DWFs do need to be able to TURN, though. So either increase their turn rate to match that of other 'mechs

That wouldn't be a bad move either! Posted Image

#119 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 08 September 2022 - 12:28 PM

View PostRoodkapje, on 08 September 2022 - 12:16 PM, said:

View PostC337Skymaster, on 06 September 2022 - 07:40 AM, said:

What are the changes you would apply to both of them ?!

Firstly, I would take the two inflated ballistic hardpoints off of the KDK-3, and if it's a problem, take the extra ballistic hardpoint off of the KDK-4 (That one only seemed to be a problem for a month or two). From there, I would restore the 'mech to the mobility it had on day 1. PGI created the monster that the KDK became by adding those two ballistic hardpoints that didn't need to be there, and rather than undoing their error once it became obvious it was an error, they took away the main defining characteristic of the 'mech, then doubled-down on that with Engine Desync.

The KDK can move the same speed as most IS Heavies, which means it's meant to be as maneuverable as most IS Heavies.

I would rather see the DWF variants becoming a bit faster!
Doesn't have to be much : Maybe just 55 kp/h instead of the current 48 kp/h Posted Image
Some other slow mechs could use some love too by the way like the Anni for example!
They are just too slow by todays MWO standards... Posted Image

The current state of the game requires them to be faster : It's no fun when your slow Assaults can't go fast enough to keep up with the rest of the team that's a lot faster! Posted Image

The difference has become waaaay to high compared to a couple of years ago...

That doesn't mean the DWF needs to be sped up, that means that all of MWO needs to be slowed down. The chief "enjoyment" factor of MechWarrior games for decades has been that they are slow shooters. They're not Call of Duty twitch-shooters. You have time to line up a shot, time to think about your strategy and positioning, time to coordinate with your teammates, and generally time to fight.

The fact that MWO has gotten to the point where if you hesitate for a second, you die instantly, means that the whole game is sped up way too much and needs to slow back down, where it belongs.

Edited by C337Skymaster, 08 September 2022 - 12:30 PM.

#120 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 08 September 2022 - 01:14 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 08 September 2022 - 12:28 PM, said:

That doesn't mean the DWF needs to be sped up, that means that all of MWO needs to be slowed down.

The chief "enjoyment" factor of MechWarrior games for decades has been that they are slow shooters.
They're not Call of Duty twitch-shooters.

You have time to line up a shot, time to think about your strategy and positioning, time to coordinate with your teammates, and generally time to fight.

The fact that MWO has gotten to the point where if you hesitate for a second, you die instantly, means that the whole game is sped up way too much and needs to slow back down, where it belongs.

Hehehehe!!! OK!!! Let's do that then! ;) :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users