Battle Of The Heavyweights Weekend Event And Sale!

106 replies to this topic

#101 Razgriz_

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 243 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 07 September 2022 - 11:47 AM

View Postghost1e, on 07 September 2022 - 08:47 AM, said:

I was playing with Nyandere in the 2v2 event. We played mostly WHM-BW and CRD-6T.

Thanks for the BW build! I was wondering how to build one out like that. GGs and hopefully if we run into each other again it is a slightly longer match lol

#102 PocketYoda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 September 2022 - 04:53 PM

I gave it a miss.. not keen on 1v1.. Hated Solaris.

#103 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 07 September 2022 - 05:55 PM

View Postsimon1812, on 06 September 2022 - 05:30 PM, said:

so whats the free mech of the month?

As it happens, we're getting two: ON1-VA, and SMN-B. Not the absolute best performers, but the best performers currently available for CB and which we're not already getting as a freebee (SMN-M(L) is up for grabs in the loyalty rewards already). https://mwomercs.com...weights-results

#104 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 08 September 2022 - 03:04 AM

Is the SMN-M(L) or SMN-M that good?
What was its typical build for Solaris Event (2022), just curious?

View PostC337Skymaster, on 07 September 2022 - 05:55 PM, said:

...we're not already getting as a freebee (SMN-M(L) is up for grabs in the loyalty rewards already). https://mwomercs.com...weights-results

#105 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 08 September 2022 - 06:07 AM

View Postw0qj, on 08 September 2022 - 03:04 AM, said:

So the M and F were both added at the same time with the clear intention that players would combine the torso-mounted energy hardpoints into nipple-lasers/PPCs. Beyond that, there's nothing particularly special about either variant of the Summoner, since it's an Omnimech with very little set on the CT, and difficult-to-use stock hardpoints (single energy in the right arm and left torso, single missile in the left torso, single ballistic in the left arm), so I would be VERY surprised if it wasn't simply the CT that more players had available rather than anything special about that specific CT.

The ONLY unique Summoner CT is the -G, which has a CT Energy hardpoint mounted up next to the cockpit. Everything else is fairly generic. The SMN-B stock omnipods give you five missile hardpoints which sets up fairly well for an SRM bomber. By default, it's a NARC-equipped LRM boat.

#106 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 08 September 2022 - 12:59 PM

View PostWishmast3r, on 03 September 2022 - 01:43 AM, said:

For me the fun part about Solaris has always been to find builds for a specific purpose.
Kill 1 mech and 1 mech only.
Where else can you play a 6xUAC2 Jagermech and win against an Orion brawling mech?

If you got good aim then... ehh... in any game mode ?! Posted Image

The mechs that can do the good old 6 x AC/2 build are my favorites! Posted Image

View PostTerran123rd, on 03 September 2022 - 06:13 AM, said:

Maybe this is a hot take, but this event really highlights how BS flamers are. There is no counter, there is no mitigation, just an "I win" for whoever has it as they permanently stun-lock whoever they're hosing down.

They may have made some sense in tabletop, but they have no place in MWO, and I will die on this hill.

View PostNondescript Machine, on 03 September 2022 - 08:53 AM, said:

imo flamers shoulda been banned from the event, lol

View Postw0qj, on 03 September 2022 - 09:51 AM, said:

+1
Flamers should be banned from Solaris Events.

Ehm...

You guys do know that there are mech variants that are completely immune to them.... Right ?! Posted Image

View Postambosen, on 03 September 2022 - 07:17 PM, said:

Man am I running into a lot of Archer MRM boats in this event for some reason.

The MWO playerbase has finally discovered that the ARC-2R and Tempest are not meant for LRM abuse ?! Could it be ?! If so... then... FINALLY!!! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

View PostKrovakon, on 04 September 2022 - 02:55 PM, said:

Having an event queue with event challenges that supports no matchmaking and requires third-party programs to coordinate and get running is a pretty terrible event. Why even use the event queue for that when it's just a private match with tonnage restrictions? I spent 20 minutes trying to figure out why I couldn't use the event queue until I realized it doesn't have matchmaking enabled so you need to make your own group and get people into it to even launch it.

When Solaris was still available all we needed was the ingame chat used for Faction Warfare to arrange matches when there weren't enough players online in Solaris Posted Image Posted Image

View PostHorseman, on 05 September 2022 - 12:03 PM, said:

S C O U T I N G E V E N T
(GO! GO! GO!)
Posted Image

And perhaps run it a bit longer than just 3 days this time so I can join/play it too! Posted Image

#107 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 08 September 2022 - 02:21 PM

View Postw0qj, on 08 September 2022 - 03:04 AM, said:

I'm guessing they just ran the M CT for the C-Bill bonus.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users