Terra Therma Classic Event Queue!

70 replies to this topic

#41 Paul Hogan

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 25 September 2022 - 06:37 PM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 23 September 2022 - 11:48 AM, said:

That's why I called it Terra Therma Classic New.

Not to throw a cat among the pigeons because I don't care at all, but the loading screen does title the new (old but new but old kinda but also new) Terra Therma Classic New as "Terra Therma (Classic)"

#42 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 25 September 2022 - 06:48 PM

Not to worry, you need only "One" Urbanmech to participate in the upcoming
"Urbie Derby Terra Thermy III" in just a few hours! Posted Image

https://mwomercs.com...sic-event-queue

View PostVoid Angel, on 25 September 2022 - 03:02 PM, said:

... Wait, so you're telling me I HAVE to buy an Urbanmech? Ugh...

Actually, I have to buy 3 if I want the rewards, because the only one of those stupid things I own is the one they gave me for loyalty or something...

And you know, I might have done it, at that - but I am not going to buy extra 'mech bays for a stupid Urbanmech.

View PostArticArcher, on 25 September 2022 - 05:21 PM, said:

I also have to echo the concerns on needing multiple of the same mech to play. Unless I love that mech type I normally on have 1 and favor different mech types for variety. Sadly I do not have 4 urbies to use so I can not play in this event. I can not /could not wait for other combos since I have other life activities.

Edited by w0qj, 25 September 2022 - 09:01 PM.

#43 Viltor

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 70 posts

Posted 25 September 2022 - 08:30 PM

This Urbanmech issue could have been fixed by a simple addition of trial Urbanmechs.
For the duration of event add 4 trials Urbies, it's that easy.

50% off Urbies can be cheap, but it will cost 3mil to outfit each of them, unless you want to play them stock. You will also need some time to figure out best build for each of them.

Anyway there's probably not enough players with 4 Urbie drop decks and queue time is very long. It's probably not even worth buying them in the first place.

Edited by Viltor, 25 September 2022 - 08:32 PM.

#44 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 25 September 2022 - 09:04 PM

What is comp play.

#45 Terran123rd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Lumberjack
  • The Lumberjack
  • 435 posts

Posted 25 September 2022 - 09:32 PM

The spawns for conquest are unbalanced. The team that spawns in C9 has a lance dropping right on the capture point, but the other team doesn't.

#46 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 25 September 2022 - 11:49 PM

Too many Urbie durbies imo should have changed it up a bit.. I will buy a second URB 68 though..

#47 Steve Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,465 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 September 2022 - 02:47 AM

View PostVoid Angel, on 25 September 2022 - 05:27 PM, said:

Urbanmechs are so cheap at half off that it's not even the buying them that's at issue; though I suppose the upgrade costs for many of the stock builds add to that considerably. But the 'mech bays seem a bit excessive as a requirement. Sure, it's just a fun event, and I can just go do quickplay (which I did.) But the event pulls people away from the normal queues, and I can't advance the rewards without being in the event queue.

So now that I've thought about it, I have to say that I actually kind of like the idea of an "Urbie Derby." I just don't want to have to buy 3 'mech bays for 'mechs I'm normally not tempted to own in order to participate.

The mech itself is cheap but not the upgrades (dhs, endo, light ferro, LF/XL engine).You spend pretty quickly like 4-5 million c-bills for one mech.

Edited by Steve Pryde, 26 September 2022 - 02:48 AM.

#48 Krizalius

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,632 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPolar Terma City

Posted 26 September 2022 - 07:05 AM

Ugly map, nothing to do with the first Classic map, except for the atmosphere.

If you would return that first card, everyone would be grateful to you.

And so only some of the inadequate and nascar boys are satisfied.

Edited by Krizalius, 26 September 2022 - 07:05 AM.

#49 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 26 September 2022 - 09:57 AM

View Postmytilus edulis, on 23 September 2022 - 04:55 AM, said:

yeah originally it said until the 28th, right?

Yup... and the way my weekend just went with barely enough time to launch 3 Matches that went entirely bad, it so happens that I'm now stuck in one of those "last minute with near all of the Event and likely to fail whether I want to or not" situations. It makes me really wish that they had heeded my previous posting, and kept to the "Sept. 28th, 2022 @ 5 PM PDT" End Date that was originally given. There are people out there (myself included) who critically need things not being only weekend-limited in when they can be done. They could really do well for the whole Event and a rather fair chunk of the Community if they would add more segments and extend how long the Event runs by 2 more days. :(

For reference, I've even had the unfortunate experience of seeing someone else (seriously... they are NOT an Alt for me, as I never had one) who is 'Tier 5' @ Zero PSR end up getting put against a Maxed 'Tier 1' player, and having to watch as the poor 'Tier 5' got killed by them twice! That situation should never have been allowed to occur in the first place, but the MatchMaker seems to be nonexistent for Event Queue in any way and people are being made into cannon fodder that should never be. I hate to have to say it, but PGI needs to fix that with a hard 3000 PSR Points maximum limit on spread of who is put in a single Match that will be played, as 'Tier 1' and 'Tier 5' players should never meet in the same battle. <_<

Heck... In the random questions bin... Why didn't they use the "Assault" Game Mode here when it could have made a good tension-breaking option for people to enjoy? While some would think that "Skirmish" would be a good idea, it pays so little as to not be worth playing. And of course the "Domination" Game Mode has issues too, but at least it was a good idea to include "Conquest" as that particular Mode pays and plays well. :o

Also... Why didn't they also use "Terra Therma (Classic) v2.0" for the reference name? So confusing... :wacko:

~D. V. "mentally flooded with overload about this 'TT(C)v2' Event and all the issues with it" Devnull

#50 Main Man

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 September 2022 - 10:21 AM

This event was fun - particularly Domination. I liked how some games ended on the 2nd/3rd drop. It gave a reason to knock out the mobile bases. The event in general gave me an appreciation for the New Coke Terra Therma map.

The exception was Conquest was awful. Conquest on such a huge map with drop decks ended up being a miserable experience. Never got past a 2nd drop.

#51 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 878 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 26 September 2022 - 10:44 AM

This event were more or less fun. Again. But PGI once again made the fatal mistake with Conquest! 750 points is way to low out of QP or non single mech drops. 4-mechs drop decks and 20 mins? Sounds fun but only if the score limit got raised!
So, as a reminded for PGI:

NEXT TIME RISE THE LIMIT FROM 750 TO 1500 FOR CONQUEST IN EVENT QUEUE!!!

Otherwise the map were terrible. Lots of bugs! Mechs got stucked in 15-20 cm deep holes?! Wall hack?! Seriously need to check and fix those in the next patch otherwise the map is barely playable... And just to big for certain modes IMHO...

Otherwise, thanks for the event, it were fun! Once again loved the Urbie Derby (but next time grant trial Urbies because I could not participate in all derby rounds...).

#52 Onar

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 September 2022 - 11:32 AM

This was a nice event. Thanks!

#53 Steve Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,465 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 September 2022 - 01:19 PM

Fix the map or remove it from the game. The map is just unplayable without at least a single jump jet.

#54 Shookies

• PipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 25 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 25 Qualifier
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 September 2022 - 05:28 PM

Event queue domination is the greatest. Having wave after wave brawl for 20 minutes was the best. I very much enjoy getting to use 3 or 4 mechs in a round. Leveling them up, picking and choosing which to bring when makes the game a lot of fun.

#55 Strelok7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 26 September 2022 - 05:44 PM

Great Event! No complaints. Map is awesome. Thank you!

#56 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,575 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 26 September 2022 - 08:30 PM

The map is good, but the floor traps Lights. Happened to me several times, and I even got stuck a bit in an Assault. The uneven look is cool, but you guys have got to smooth out the floor's actual architecture.

#57 Eurystheus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 131 posts

Posted 26 September 2022 - 11:15 PM

I thoroughly enjoyed this event. Thank you.

#58 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 27 September 2022 - 01:00 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 26 September 2022 - 09:57 AM, said:

~D. V. "mentally flooded with overload about this 'TT(C)v2' Event and all the issues with it" Devnull

There are two answers for your questions.

1. A year old problem in MWO and most other games. The staff doesn´t play this game and therefor has no experience. Resulting in decisions that look good on paper, but are bad in practise. Like the decision on the game modes, the map name or a 4 Urbi Drop Deck for 24 hours. Where an experienced MWO player immediately knows this wouldn´t be a good idea.

2. The mayority of the players having a different experience than you and me. If i may quote: "Great Event! No complaints. Map is awesome.". And if the mayority has this opinion, probably the people spending the most money, why should the opinion of the minority count?

#59 Trollolololo McDankydank

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 September 2022 - 04:08 AM

I had a good time with this event, but the jagged floor up top was trapping people left and right.

#60 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 27 September 2022 - 08:28 AM

The settings for Domination were good, though the timer should be raised (even in QP I think) to 2 minutes and the destruction of the MFB should add 30 seconds.
The limit on Conquest needed to be doubled to 1500 as other stated.
The design feels good overall but the conquest circle needs centered in Stonehenge because one side can be in the circle from the outside pillar but the other team has to be inside by one of their rocks to be in the circle and more exposed. And as others have stated, the ground is bumpy and navigation isn't smooth. I'd also like to see smaller rocks scattered around for cover for a single mech. And two ramps to get from the lower level up to the top level roughly around the circumference of the conquest circle.
On the cosmetic side, I noticed there are almost no spots where your mech is able to walk on exposed lava like the original, and that's a great change. However, I would have liked to see the metal bridgework incorporated into the center area in some fashion instead of being flat-out removed. I didn't see anyone on top of Stonehenge but it should probably be out of bounds. Inside the tops of mountains (with lava) around the map as well, just to protect against a lone Spider drawing out a Skirmish timer, for instance.
Overall, it was fun to play Domination with drop decks. Conquest was too short and I never got to drop more than 2 mechs.
The map needs polish and some tweaking, otherwise, it's a better design than the original where everyone bottlenecked in the entrances and there was no cover to get to the middle.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users