57 replies to this topic

#41 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 01:32 AM

EQ is fun, but needs some fixes asap.
First of all it needs a MM. TIER 5 and 1 together doesn´t work. Players doing 400 damage with 4 mechs. Players in the Locust event, last one alive, telling everyone how to play, dealing 21 damage in a 2xERML Stealth Locust. Big nope.

And 4 mech drop decks don´t work on QP maps with Assault Mode. 90% of the games end in spawn ******. Especially when groups are allowed.

Edited by Wishmast3r, 02 October 2022 - 02:13 AM.

#42 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 02 October 2022 - 01:45 AM

Here's a World Clock for easier referral to MWO Weekend Event time!

https://mwomercs.com/clock

#43 Cyborne Elemental

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,943 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 October 2022 - 06:43 AM

The 8v8 dropdeck event was my absolute favorite of all events.

Got to have some really fun games, and 1v2 2v2 2v1 brawls that were absolutely amazing.

So much better than quickplay where you peek attack 1 guy, and suddenly are swarmed by 11 vs 1 and insta-cheesed.

Also the snowball total stomps were almost non-existent, solid gameplay even with casuals.

I think you guys should seriously consider making 8v8 dropdeck games a permanent part of MWO, and not just for competitive ladder stuff.

Have both 8v8 and 12v12 quickplay both.

#44 mytilus edulis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 10:43 AM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 30 September 2022 - 10:57 AM, said:

Adjusting the Domination timer for Event Queue and Drop Decks is on the top of my list for adjustments that I would like to bring to EQ. This list also includes Conquest adjustments, some modifier additions/changes, and bringing Drop Decks (DropShips) to more maps. I can skip Domination with Drop Decks for the rest of this weekend schedule though.

We started a thread to crowdsource event queue modes so y'all can easily pick from ideas instead of needing to come up with them on the fly https://mwomercs.com...nt-queue-modes/

#45 Freimaurer

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 12:38 PM

BULL ****
5 Mann groups Events

#46 Therax

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 114 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 12:43 PM

So event queue is currently broken and people can drop in pre-made groups despite the current event, HPG Assault, stating no groups.

#47 AxMiLLi

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 12:59 PM

Apparently groups were allowed for a "No Groups" setting.

#48 Stargazzer811

• PipPipPip
  • The Moonwalker
  • The Moonwalker
  • 97 posts
  • LocationAn experimental SLDF McKenna class Battleship, waiting for Clan Nova Cat to return to the Inner Sphere in 3160

Posted 02 October 2022 - 05:38 PM

Hey PGI, instead of doing unlimited jump jet fuel, how about just adding aerospace fighters along with a dedicated map for them. I mean if you released a 12 Pack of them, I'm sure several people (including myself) would probably buy them and play them. The best part is with their own map you could keep them separate from the normal battles so no worry about balance issues when fighting mechs. It would be a great opportunity to expand the game and gain some capital to reinvest into it along the way. Just some food for thought.

#49 Nyandere

• PipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 72 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 07:03 PM

View PostThe Trojan Titan, on 02 October 2022 - 06:43 AM, said:

The 8v8 dropdeck event was my absolute favorite of all events.

Got to have some really fun games, and 1v2 2v2 2v1 brawls that were absolutely amazing.

So much better than quickplay where you peek attack 1 guy, and suddenly are swarmed by 11 vs 1 and insta-cheesed.

Also the snowball total stomps were almost non-existent, solid gameplay even with casuals.

I think you guys should seriously consider making 8v8 dropdeck games a permanent part of MWO, and not just for competitive ladder stuff.

Have both 8v8 and 12v12 quickplay both.

I agree 8v8 dropdeck is really enjoyable. It feels like your individual contribution to a match is significantly more substantial and having drop decks means one mistake doesn't throw a game. Being able to choose a second drop that's appropriate to the game state is really nice.

I know splitting game modes for quickplay isn't an option with the population this game has, but it really feels like 8v8 dropdecks is wasted potential. There's something really compelling about building an entire deck of mechs that fit within a weight limit and compliment each other. Being able to know what map you're playing in advance and building the deck for that map is nice too.

Single mech 12v12 quickplay random maps forces you to play a very narrow set of mechs that work under any circumstance. There's certain mechs i'd never run in quick play that i absolutely would include in a drop deck especially when the map is decided in advance.

#50 Chloe Cole Kerensky

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 11:03 PM

Vitric Station 3x xp/c-bill appears to not be working?

Victory with 3 kill, 5 assist, 841dmg only netted 488k cbill, 3510xp, on premium time?

I'm not the only one who thought something was "off".

#51 Arigato Roboto

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 October 2022 - 01:45 AM

View PostThe Jab, on 02 October 2022 - 11:03 PM, said:

Vitric Station 3x xp/c-bill appears to not be working?

Victory with 3 kill, 5 assist, 841dmg only netted 488k cbill, 3510xp, on premium time?

I'm not the only one who thought something was "off".

I had the same problem. I had 1900 damage in one mission and only got 500k cbills.

#52 Fu Sun

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 44 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMadison, Wis.

Posted 03 October 2022 - 07:18 AM

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 30 September 2022 - 04:03 AM, said:

How are you doing with the matchmaker? When will they bring?

P.S. The game is disgusting. Today out of six fights - 5 defeats. Gg, PGI.

Okay, but it is possible to flip a penny six times and get heads five of those times. Let's not hold PGI to impossible standards.

#53 Fu Sun

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 44 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMadison, Wis.

Posted 03 October 2022 - 07:22 AM

View PostThe Chancelor, on 01 October 2022 - 11:45 PM, said:

Great event, I had a lot of fun. thanks for that!

the 10 vs. 10 yesterday was just frustrating though. can you consider banning lrm next time?

LRM hate is a common sentiment, that is certain, but you do realize it would be very difficult to exclude mechs just because they have LRM? The better solution would be to use AMS, make better use of cover to hide from them, or just run a light mech to scamper behind the LRM mech and gank it from behind.

Or, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

#54 GargoyleVine

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 79 posts
  • LocationPismo Coast

Posted 03 October 2022 - 10:09 AM

thanks for the event weekend, had a lot of fun, good job, I think the air traffic control was the best laughing at the unlimited jump jetters and the 1/2 speed mechs was pretty cool

#55 CwStrife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 247 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 October 2022 - 10:35 AM

Thanks for putting the event together, but I have just as much gripes as alot of other guys. What was truly boring was that we would play the same map continually... it would have been good to see polar opposite maps, even if it were just 2, not to mention the map selection was just terrible. Personally I would have enjoy a good lineup of Forest Colony, Bog, Manifold, Crimson for these events and really can't understand why some of the most horrid maps were used, but thats PGI call.

Definitely was alot of coordinating going on regardless of the determined group sizes... The poking and sniping was beyond endless and just made the games mostly boring, almost no brawling going on. Unfortunately a bunch of guys I was playing with on and off just decided to go back to Quick Play drops and I did the same myself only to visit each event match once or twice to try it out.

Hopefully PGI will put together another event but have it more well rounded for playability.

Edited by CwStrife, 03 October 2022 - 10:36 AM.

#56 Steve Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,465 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 October 2022 - 11:12 PM

I would love to see 4 man drop deck games would getting the standard game mode in MWO. Adjust the timers for domination and conquest and it would be way more fun than the typical normal queue. Maybe dropping from 12 to 8v8. For 12v12 you would still have faction play.

#57 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 04 October 2022 - 03:51 PM

HMM there its goes --- next event is 1 day, you all agree
i also think, that they tell us 1 week ahead of time, THAT MAY HELP YOUR SALEs PGI
AND make team happy, with warnings about CRAZY solo players like me showing up,

SAWK CLANNER PS i can build a mech : )

#58 Captain Cuchulainn

Rookie

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 5 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 October 2022 - 03:02 PM

View PostSteve Pryde, on 03 October 2022 - 11:12 PM, said:

I would love to see 4 man drop deck games would getting the standard game mode in MWO. Adjust the timers for domination and conquest and it would be way more fun than the typical normal queue. Maybe dropping from 12 to 8v8. For 12v12 you would still have faction play.

8v8 with drop decks feels much more like fighting in a war than 12v12, and it allows for strategy. That said, I'm happy if EQ is a weekly thing as it shows the devs still care about MWO.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users