Pre-Order The Hatchetman - Updated With Quirks!

123 replies to this topic

#101 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 686 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 05 December 2022 - 06:16 PM

Good defensive quirks. Meh on weapons quirks.

#102 Jasrion Blastlehoffer

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 06:49 PM

You have got to be kidding me, why would you add the Hatchetman and not melee? It's like adding tanks without guns or smoke screen dispensors without smoke. Pull your heads out of your....oh you didn't add that either?

#103 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 321 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 07:11 PM

View PostJasrion Blastlehoffer, on 05 December 2022 - 06:49 PM, said:

You have got to be kidding me, why would you add the Hatchetman and not melee? It's like adding tanks without guns or smoke screen dispensors without smoke. Pull your heads out of your....oh you didn't add that either?

Lmao because melee will be absolutely ****.

#104 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,789 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 09:19 PM

View PostJasrion Blastlehoffer, on 05 December 2022 - 06:49 PM, said:

PGI simply offered the Hatchetman in MWO because they had the 'Mech model prepared for MW5:Mercs. But since there is no physical combat in MWO, the hatchet is just a cosmetic bolt-on here.

#105 CycKath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,575 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 05 December 2022 - 11:10 PM

Totally didn't realise it was coming out this month, that's practically pre-Clan levels of announce ahead of release.

#106 An6ryMan69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 475 posts

Posted 06 December 2022 - 10:42 AM

I'm glad to see a new mech, and the price is okay, $40 for the whole kit-and-kaboodle including the Hero mech, is right on the outside edge of what I would pay (and why I skipped the Crusader). Pretty sure I'm buying this.

Not having melee; I knew would be the case, not sure why guys are acting all surprised at this, they've been 100% clear forever, no melee. Get over it.

See y'all on the battlefield.

Edited by An6ryMan69, 06 December 2022 - 11:11 AM.

#107 ghost1e

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 403 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationReigning World Champion

Posted 06 December 2022 - 02:55 PM

View PostRhaelcan, on 05 December 2022 - 05:12 PM, said:

God the 6D is going to be so bad, or it might just be an annoying stealth sniper. Guess we shall see

should be alright with sth like 2PPC 1LPPC

#108 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,786 posts

Posted 06 December 2022 - 07:37 PM

View PostRhaelcan, on 05 December 2022 - 02:42 PM, said:

'Cutting Corners' Bro, they legit don't have a mech designer, due to their main one leaving, At least they are still giving us content and not letting this game burn in a damn dumpster. If you don't like it, fine, but if you don't know the struggles, then quiet.

ive done game development. theres getting **** done, and there is this. they have let the game burn in a dumpster and charged you admission for the privilege of watching it burn. its a slow burn, and it was lit pretty early in development. buy it, dont buy it, i dont care. idk what this mech brings that the other 900 dont.

#109 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 321 posts

Posted 06 December 2022 - 07:52 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 06 December 2022 - 07:37 PM, said:

ive done game development. theres getting **** done, and there is this. they have let the game burn in a dumpster and charged you admission for the privilege of watching it burn. its a slow burn, and it was lit pretty early in development. buy it, dont buy it, i dont care. idk what this mech brings that the other 900 dont.

You try finding people who know how to do things in the engine mwo runs.

#110 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 06 December 2022 - 10:56 PM

As predicted that's some serious armor quirk bloat there Posted Image I guess it needs in the current sniper meta.. Without it poor dude would tip over at a strong sneeze.. Posted Image

Not much on weapon quirks though.

#111 KrocodockleTheBooBoxLoader-GetIn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 337 posts

Posted 07 December 2022 - 08:03 AM

Cool might get it

#112 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 07 December 2022 - 02:25 PM

IS Omnis, Stone Rhino, Turkina, when?

View PostLockheed_, on 06 December 2022 - 11:49 PM, said:

I'm still desperately looking for that sniper meta that people keep complaining about right after we had others complain about the snub meta and now people complain about the MG spam and red laser meta. Maybe all y'all should get together and find some consensus whether it is short range or long range you are upset about.

It's whatever happens to be shooting someone at a given time. Are you new here?? Posted Image

#113 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,786 posts

Posted 07 December 2022 - 03:27 PM

View PostRhaelcan, on 06 December 2022 - 07:52 PM, said:

You try finding people who know how to do things in the engine mwo runs.

people make doom and quake mods to this day on even deader engines. there are a couple cauldron members i know of who would love to dig into that mutant cryengine that supposedly nobody knows how to use. even if they were to join pgi, they would be quickly scurried away to other projects. lack of a serious dedicated dev team is this games major problem. even if its only 3 people and the company fish.

#114 Lifeblight

• PipPip
  • The Serpent
  • The Serpent
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 December 2022 - 12:39 PM

Why give a brand new mech quirks to armor? Just give them more armor.

#115 Pac1entZer0

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 December 2022 - 01:03 PM

-- quotes of the initial news post removed --
I didn't think I'd see him here! It's a pity that without melee - his chips - but it doesn't look bad! Pre-order is unequivocal.

Edited by Ekson Valdez, 15 January 2023 - 11:59 PM.
quote clean-up

#116 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,418 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 10 December 2022 - 10:01 AM

I love that Hatchetman hero paintjob... is that a tomato paste splash effect? Posted Image

Edit: Hatchetman quirks are now out, check it out!
https://mwomercs.com...-updated-quirks

Edited by w0qj, 10 December 2022 - 10:02 AM.

#117 Mister Bob Dobalina

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 13 December 2022 - 05:37 AM

I've been asking and advocating for the Hatchetman since I've joined MWO over 7 years ago and have peen hashtagging #MakeTheHatchetman wherever I could and even tried to create a proposal on how it would maybe be possible to integrate the Hatchetman by cheating a Melee system into MWO without any additional game mechanism ( https://mwomercs.com...-3f-hatchetman/ ). I was glad the Hatchetman coming to Battletech and even more happy to have it in MW5 but thought that's it for a MWO version. Glad I was wrong in the end, even without it having the "Melee" feature.

Duane Looses drawing in TRO2025 and the subsequent RAL Parta miniature was the thing that really hooked me into the whole Mech aestetic and to this day is my "taking-it-to-the-island" picture of any Mech ever.

So, seeing it walk over the MWO battlefields tonight, I can die in peace now. Thanks @PiranhaGames for #MakingTheHatchetman

Edited by Mister Bob Dobalina, 13 December 2022 - 05:39 AM.

#118 Staude Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 277 posts

Posted 13 December 2022 - 06:01 AM

View PostValdarion Silarius, on 30 November 2022 - 07:02 AM, said:

I'm scratching my head over this one. We got the Crusader as the last mech and now we are getting another IS mech that is melee oriented....that doesn't do melee. Hope you guys can make up for it with a decent clan mech whenever that gets released.

65 IS Mechs
41 Clan Mechs

Any questions ?

#119 AmbidXtrousGNOME

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 103 posts

Posted 13 December 2022 - 02:04 PM

Took the HCT out for a test drive and OH BOY! that hatchet is very, um....visibly there. It kind of reminds me of the piranha tunnel vision cockpit. Does anyone know if a bolt-on can block incoming fire? if so, the hatchet/battle axe is going to be an OP shield. It would be hilarious if a bunch of HCT were running around free looking and swatting missiles out of the air with a hatchet.

Edited by AmbidXtrousGNOME, 14 December 2022 - 06:15 AM.

#120 Oberst Jaime Wolf

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 December 2022 - 04:02 AM

After the first Matches I can say this chasis ist bugged like hell. Hitreg is a mess, jumpjets are inconsistent, I fell through terrain at least 6 times, got stuck on s*** on the ground. I got Hit, no reaction, suddenly my ct goes Red and Betty screams that my left arm, which was fine was about too fall off. Shooting is a game of chance. Sometimes you Hit the Center of your crosshair, sometimes shots Go into the wild and If you Hit IT Happens that your Shot Passes straight through your enemy doing nothing.
Back to QC I would suggest.

Edited by Oberst Jaime Wolf, 14 December 2022 - 04:04 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users