#41 Meep Meep

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,910 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 12 January 2023 - 07:49 PM

View Postfoamyesque, on 12 January 2023 - 07:42 PM, said:

Oh, and yeah, phrasing like that, that's another example.

No surgery or hormones can enable a man to grow a womb and produce eggs nor can it enable a women to grow testicles and produce sperm. All you get after hormones and surgery is an irreversibly mutilated person that has an 80% regret rate and almost 50% suicide rate. Thats the hard statistics. Again if a fully grown adult wants to make that type of completely life altering decision thats fine. I don't agree with it or think its in their best interests but who am I to tell an adult what to do? But stay away from the kids. Adamantium wall of infinitely unyielding nope right there.

#42 foamyesque

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 737 posts

Posted 12 January 2023 - 08:28 PM

I ain't interested in getting into this beyond this post, but biological essentialism is horseshit, the regret statistic is flat wrong, and the suicide rate is because *people **** on transfolk*.

Your "think of the kids" thing is also wrong because it is *demonstrable* that the suicide rate for younger transfolk is far lesser when they get support than when people go around throwing them out on the streets or whatever. Those kids are still trans, they're just now both homeless *and* trapped in a body they do not want. The earlier hormonal intervention, such as puberty blockers, is started the more effective and less drastic it needs to be.

#43 Meep Meep

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,910 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 12 January 2023 - 08:52 PM

Kids think they are all sorts of things. At various times of their lives they are cowboys or princesses or dogs or horses or race cars or dinosaurs etc etc etc. Its the fad now because the media has jumped on the bandwagon and are promoting it. The majority of kids who say they are trans or bi or gay or whatever just put a tick in their social media bio for the lulz of it.

A good example is that one of our new workers was a young man just out of high school we hired in as an intern. He was a good enough kid and smart but was as flaming gay as they came. We didn't care as he didn't force it on anyone or play the victim. He made friends with some of our younger staff and after a time we noticed he acted less and less flaming and more just a normal person. Then one day he didn't act gay at all and he explained that he finally got a boyfriend and went out and after a few dates when the boyfriend wanted to consummate the relationship and he had a hard one in his face he was like nope not gay can't do this. After discussion with him he admitted that he took on the gay persona in school because he noticed that if you identified as gay or bi or anything but straight the teachers would heap loads of attention on you.

So like any normal teenager he jumped right onto the bandwagon. Most kids are like this. He now has a pretty girlfriend and looking to possibly get hitched. Also trans is about .6% of the population its not a huge amount so this attention its getting is just to screw up normal peoples lives via media gaslighting and further divide the culture. Keep it away from the kids and we will get along just dandy.

#44 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 12 January 2023 - 09:05 PM

Blow Ups Happen, as Bobby H used to say.

#45 Rondoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 261 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 13 January 2023 - 12:48 AM

I think someone (the OP) just felt like setting up a soap box to preach thier agenda on.

Why must people invade my dang gaming mindset with the real world crap. I play video games to get away from all the BS.

I remember reading a few threads about the guy that got banned after his 10 years greeting of "hello ladies"

Hell how many mornings of my time in USN bootcamp did the RDC's come crashing into our barracks compartment yelling and

screaming at us, calling us all kinds of things, including ladies and a few other choice terms.

I know this game isn't the military, it's still warfare (albeit futuristic)

People talk smack, it's only words, grow a thicker hide. Get tough. If you can't handle it-by all means head off to your safe space

where it's all full of rainbows and unicorns who shoot blueberry muffins out of their arse, and everyone holds hands to sing

Coombiyah in a drum circle all the while ranting and raving against "the man" and everything else that doesn't conform to their

perfect little utopia.

P.S. My daughter is a card carrying member of the LGBTQ+ community, but she doesn't feel the need to push her mindset on anyone. She is who she is, does what she needs and doesn't feel the need to try and make everyone think the way she does, nor does she make a big deal out of it or expect special treatment.

#46 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 13 January 2023 - 05:37 AM

View Postfoamyesque, on 12 January 2023 - 07:42 PM, said:

Blue pink white. It isn't at all difficult.

So basically the less flamboyant Marik? I highly doubt anyone said anything but "Nice paint".

#47 Haipyng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 593 posts
  • LocationIn Transit

Posted 13 January 2023 - 05:44 AM

This has lost any connection to MWO. It needs to be jettisoned to Kaetetôã.

#48 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 13 January 2023 - 06:58 AM

Yeah this rapidly went south. For what it's worth OP-who-is-not-replying, I whole heartedly support your right to be whoever you want to be, and to express yourself however you choose, and if anyone calls you names for that they can go and get fooked.

#49 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,880 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 13 January 2023 - 08:52 AM

Yup, any statement I make is a quiet one. I repainted most of my mechs blue and yellow this year, for example, but I don't bring things up in chat or single out players because that behavior sucks for everyone.

Nor am I going to wade into a decidedly off topic subject on certain gender issues. I look at it this way... 11 percent of the population is left handed, and no amount of physical or social torture, retraining, or ostracism can change that. Eventually humanity just decided to let the left handed people (the "sinister" people, to use the Latin word) be who they are. I figure folks whose gender preference/expression does not "match" their biological traits is pretty much the same thing... I let them be, it doesn't rock my boat so I don't rock theirs.

#50 Blood Rose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 989 posts
  • LocationHalf a mile away in a Gausszilla

Posted 13 January 2023 - 11:37 AM

View Postfoamyesque, on 12 January 2023 - 03:36 PM, said:

An awful lot of the posts in here are demonstrating the exact reason the OP felt the need to ask their question.

OP is trying to pull the same bull that has been pulled with a lot of popular things - "I am here and X, YOU HAVE TO RECOGNISE ME AND PANDER TO ME AND IF YOU DARE SAY OTHERWISE I WILL TANTRUM AND SUMMON MY TWITTER MOB UNTIL I GET MY OWN WAY NOW CHANGE THINGS TO SUIT ME".
The simple answer is: No, F-off, your whining and desires contribute nothing more than to force politics into something that does not need them, and to divide the fanbase. Anyone sane can see this.

OP: I can't say I've noticed an increase, and unfortunately all you can really do is mute & report. Milscif shooty things seem to attract large numbers of unreconstructed chuds

"chuds". A woke buzzword that translates as anything from "person opposed to me" to "person who dared to say no to my unreasonable demands"

and they always seem to come outta the woodwork as soon as someone suggests maybe treating people with dignity.

The word you are looking for is "fans", not "chuds", and we are not "coming out of the woodwork", we have always been here. Most of us have seen other fanbases destroyed by woke political infiltration, and we do not want that for the Battletech universe. I notice, btw, that there seems to have been a massive uptake of "totally legit longtime fans" from the woke community ever since Battletech became popular again, all who just happen to think that "the problematic elements should be removed and this setting should be more XYZ friendly" whilst not knowing anything beyond basic memes. Odd, that. As a longtime (got into BT back in 2006) fan, I cannot see any reason for these claims, or need to change things in a 39 year old setting.

As for your other claims about "treating people with dignity", A) OP would have 0 problems if they were not making their stance political, which I guarantee they are if they are getting flashback, assuming that is that this is not a DARVO thread attempting to gaslight the community, and B) how about you and yours try respecting other people and the settings and hobbies they enjoy and do not want changed or politicised?

#51 sosegado

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 274 posts

Posted 13 January 2023 - 12:20 PM

View PostBlood Rose, on 13 January 2023 - 11:37 AM, said:

OP is trying to pull the same bull that has been pulled with a lot of popular things - "I am here and X, YOU HAVE TO RECOGNISE ME AND PANDER TO ME AND IF YOU DARE SAY OTHERWISE I WILL TANTRUM AND SUMMON MY TWITTER MOB UNTIL I GET MY OWN WAY NOW CHANGE THINGS TO SUIT ME".
The simple answer is: No, F-off, your whining and desires contribute nothing more than to force politics into something that does not need them, and to divide the fanbase. Anyone sane can see this.

After 3 days with over 50 replies and no sign of the OP, it's at least conceivable that this thread was either an attempt to stir up trouble or find a reason to bring down the 'woke mobs' hammer of intolerance on a community that was just minding it's own business and trying to play a game devoid of real world political influence.

I'm a firm believer in freedom of speech but if ever there was a thread I would vote to have locked and/or deleted it's this one.

Edited by Stab Wound, 13 January 2023 - 12:21 PM.

#52 foamyesque

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 737 posts

Posted 13 January 2023 - 12:29 PM

View PostStab Wound, on 13 January 2023 - 12:20 PM, said:

After 3 days with over 50 replies and no sign of the OP, it's at least conceivable that this thread was either an attempt to stir up trouble or find a reason to bring down the 'woke mobs' hammer of intolerance on a community that was just minding it's own business and trying to play a game devoid of real world political influence.

These kinds of replies and you're surprised the OP decided "**** this"? Come on.

View PostBlood Rose, on 13 January 2023 - 11:37 AM, said:

OP is trying to pull the same bull that has been pulled with a lot of popular things - "I am here and X, YOU HAVE TO RECOGNISE ME AND PANDER TO ME AND IF YOU DARE SAY OTHERWISE I WILL TANTRUM AND SUMMON MY TWITTER MOB UNTIL I GET MY OWN WAY NOW CHANGE THINGS TO SUIT ME".\

Hit dog hollerin', right here.

#53 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,077 posts

Posted 13 January 2023 - 12:37 PM

ugh. please go on demonstrating the inefficacy of extremism of one form or another. i feel like this thread is on borrowed time.

#54 -OUTLAW-

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 January 2023 - 12:42 PM

View PostNakl, on 10 January 2023 - 09:24 PM, said:

Has anyone else heard much more anti-trans talk in voice chat since Christmas? I do tend to run mech color schemes in the colors of the trans flag, so maybe it's just me triggering folk with my presence, but I mean... really?

And I'm not talking about children; if they are children, they have the voice of full-grown folk.

It's getting to the point that I don't log in unless my unit mates pull me in from other games, and even then, it wears really thin really fast.

If you advertise your [insert: race, sex, gender, nationality, political leaning, shoe size, whatever] on your mech, then expect responses.

Take this thread back to the World of Warcraft forums where it belongs and keep MWO a bastion of 80s / 90s freedom.

#55 sosegado

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 274 posts

Posted 13 January 2023 - 12:57 PM

View Postfoamyesque, on 13 January 2023 - 12:29 PM, said:

These kinds of replies and you're surprised the OP decided "**** this"? Come on.

What the 'as of this post absent' OP decided is speculation on both our parts. I stand by my statements.

I'll even go so far as to say that this community has shown a remarkable ability to not fall for these kinds of traps anymore, if this is indeed that.

Edited by Stab Wound, 13 January 2023 - 12:58 PM.

#56 Meep Meep

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,910 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 13 January 2023 - 01:01 PM

Funny you bring this up. Posted Image

Trigger Warning! Lower Volume!

#57 BLACKR0SE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,376 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 13 January 2023 - 01:44 PM

voice chat is always off and just good luck. good hunting.

#58 Blood Rose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 989 posts
  • LocationHalf a mile away in a Gausszilla

Posted 13 January 2023 - 02:03 PM

OP dropped all of one (1) post and legged it without ever coming back to defend their point. The conclusions draw themselves.

Me no speak americano

Edited by Blood Rose, 13 January 2023 - 02:03 PM.

#59 Der Geisterbaer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 801 posts

Posted 13 January 2023 - 02:20 PM

View Post-OUTLAW-, on 13 January 2023 - 12:42 PM, said:

Take this thread back to the World of Warcraft forums where it belongs and keep MWO a bastion of 80s / 90s freedom.

While World of Warcraft forums do indeed see this type of thread on a quite regular basis as well I must say that those don't actually belong there either.

#60 -OUTLAW-

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 January 2023 - 02:50 PM

View PostDer Geisterbaer, on 13 January 2023 - 02:20 PM, said:

While World of Warcraft forums do indeed see this type of thread on a quite regular basis as well I must say that those don't actually belong there either.

While I agree with what you are saying, the World of Warcraft forums and WOW in general are just too far gone at this point with them deleting and banning any comments that do not support whatever agenda is popular at the time. There is hope with this forum, it survived the "Brony" assault in the early days and this game has a mostly homogenous fan base and our "characters" are in Mech cockpits, so it does not matter what kind of person is in the cockpit as long as they play the game well.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users