Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 15 March 2023 - 10:25 PM

View PostRhaelcan, on 15 March 2023 - 03:39 PM, said:

Complexity???

Maybe complexity is not the right word.
I had to reduce the amount of work to do on the event to make it fit within the scheduled launch of for this Friday.

#23 The Chancelor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 159 posts

Posted 15 March 2023 - 10:54 PM

Finally a free mech that I don't have yet!

Thanks for the ongoing work guys. Haters gonna hate.

#24 AmbidXtrousGNOME

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 102 posts

Posted 16 March 2023 - 07:10 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 15 March 2023 - 10:25 PM, said:

I had to reduce the amount of work to do on the event to make it fit within the scheduled launch of for this Friday.

Hey Matt, any hint for when more information will be given about the Moonwalker and Juggernaut legendary mech packs? Will those packs drop at the start of the Lucky Charms event?

#25 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,349 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 16 March 2023 - 07:31 AM

If MWO recent history is any guide:

~On/about Friday March 17th: Sat Mar 18th
Patch Notes would be up, including details & quirk info on 2x Legendary mech packs!

~Right after MWO patch on March 21st 2023, the 2x Legendary mechs would be purchasable & playable, thus can directly contribute to this March 2023 Loot Bag event after this upcoming patch!

~Personally, I would like to hear about:
a) 2x Legendary mech quirks, and
b ) more details about this MWO version of battlepass for Legendary mech skill progression!

Exciting times Posted Image

Edited by w0qj, 16 March 2023 - 10:50 AM.

#26 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 16 March 2023 - 09:25 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 15 March 2023 - 06:13 PM, said:

im one of the idiots who bought this mech, so thanks for invalidating my purchase, il keep the omnipods at least.

The bad news is that I also, currently have a Lacerator.

The good news is that you can have more than 1 of a mech variant! You can run 1 Lacerator with dual AMS for those heavy missile nights and then run another with only 1 for those lighter nights. I mean, I have 4 Archer-5Ws (SRM, Streak, MRM, LRM). Try different stuff out and use it in different ways and you might find a build you enjoy playing.

#27 Mokkor

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 71 posts

Posted 16 March 2023 - 10:04 AM

View PostAmbidXtrousGNOME, on 16 March 2023 - 07:10 AM, said:

Hey Matt, any hint for when more information will be given about the Moonwalker and Juggernaut legendary mech packs? Will those packs drop at the start of the Lucky Charms event?

Patch notes will be released on 17th of March. Patch day is 21th of March. Info is taken from 2023 Plans Devlog.
I believe all the info regarding Legendary mechs will be available with the Patch Notes.

#28 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 16 March 2023 - 10:15 AM

View PostAmbidXtrousGNOME, on 16 March 2023 - 07:10 AM, said:

View PostMokkor, on 16 March 2023 - 10:04 AM, said:

Patch notes will be released on 17th of March. Patch day is 21th of March. Info is taken from 2023 Plans Devlog.
I believe all the info regarding Legendary mechs will be available with the Patch Notes.

Yep Patch notes will have some info and the packs drop patch day.

#29 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 563 posts

Posted 16 March 2023 - 11:23 AM

View PostKodan Black, on 16 March 2023 - 09:25 AM, said:

The good news is that you can have more than 1 of a mech variant!

I mean, I have 4 Archer-5Ws (SRM, Streak, MRM, LRM).

Try different stuff out and use it in different ways and you might find a build you enjoy playing.

There is no such thing as having too many Archers !!! Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

The Lacerator was always one of those "Should I or should I not ?!" mechs for me so I am glad we can grind it now together with some lootbags full of fun stuff! Posted Image

Edited by Roodkapje, 16 March 2023 - 11:24 AM.

#30 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 16 March 2023 - 11:33 AM

View PostRoodkapje, on 16 March 2023 - 11:23 AM, said:

There is no such thing as having too many Archers !!! Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

The Lacerator was always one of those "Should I or should I not ?!" mechs for me so I am glad we can grind it now together with some lootbags full of fun stuff! Posted Image

I have 2 Tempests also. :D

Lacerator also has a very appealing camo.

#31 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,698 posts

Posted 16 March 2023 - 02:24 PM

View PostKodan Black, on 16 March 2023 - 09:25 AM, said:

The bad news is that I also, currently have a Lacerator.

The good news is that you can have more than 1 of a mech variant! You can run 1 Lacerator with dual AMS for those heavy missile nights and then run another with only 1 for those lighter nights. I mean, I have 4 Archer-5Ws (SRM, Streak, MRM, LRM). Try different stuff out and use it in different ways and you might find a build you enjoy playing.

i have lots of heroes, but i would rather have the mechbay than a second lacerator. after all i can only run one mech at a time. spare hero omnipods are nice though and im really low on mechbays.

Edited by LordNothing, 16 March 2023 - 02:24 PM.

#32 All Your Bases

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 50 posts

Posted 16 March 2023 - 02:56 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 15 March 2023 - 10:25 PM, said:

Hey Matt thanks for the free mech and event. Was good to see you guys on the podcast again, I watched the whole thing. +1 to doing QP with a drop deck BTW. Being able to select a mech based on the vote would be super!

We love loot bags so this is great! That said most free mechs are around 10-15k match score. You made this 30k in less than 30 days which is a tall order for some of the newer players. I thought of a few quick things you could do to address this if you're open to it.
  • Consider damage instead - 30k damage would be easier to come by and easier to track
  • Consider 20k instead
  • Extend the event period
I know this is a hero mech so I get that it's a bit harder. But since you don't have the loot bags for damage (i.e. less loot bags and more grinding) this might make it a little better. I know you have less resources but I'm trying to give pointers from a lower tier player (T4) that has brought in a number of people (most still new) to the game. Thanks for listening and we appreciate you guys!

#33 Rondoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 242 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 16 March 2023 - 05:02 PM

Thankyou Matt, daeron, PGI for the event.

30k matchscore is gonna be really rough, but it is what it is.

Looking forward to the 2 new mech packs as well!

-Rondoe

#34 Pondafarr

• Pip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 March 2023 - 07:31 PM

For the love of everything unholy, put the loot bag page link on the event page!

#35 Rekkless

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 March 2023 - 08:51 PM

where do you get the loot bags?

#36 BLACKR0SE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 16 March 2023 - 10:15 PM

I wish it was a little harder. very simple task.

#37 Krucilatoz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 117 posts

Posted 16 March 2023 - 10:25 PM

View PostNyandere, on 15 March 2023 - 01:50 PM, said:

What happened to giving out event related items in the loot bags? Why did that stop this year when it's been a thing since loot bags started. No more warhorns or other cockpit items is kinda lame.

long time ago MWO the loot-bag contain a mech, and I was lucky enough to get one of it (its TBR-C(C)).
And none of the event will give us any mech at that time :D

For now, a free mech worth 30.000 match-score and will equated to approx 100+ match. Still, that quite a grind

#38 BLACKR0SE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 16 March 2023 - 10:28 PM

It would be more difficult if you said 100 heads, 100 legs, 100 arms :) I like that there are tasks like this in the game. I wish it was in the regular game. but such simple not difficult tasks.

#39 The Chancelor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 159 posts

Posted 17 March 2023 - 12:40 AM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 16 March 2023 - 10:28 PM, said:

It would be more difficult if you said 100 heads, 100 legs, 100 arms :) I like that there are tasks like this in the game. I wish it was in the regular game. but such simple not difficult tasks.

Head would make it impossible. Only few give head here.

#40 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 563 posts

Posted 17 March 2023 - 09:11 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 16 March 2023 - 02:24 PM, said:

i have lots of heroes, but i would rather have the mechbay than a second lacerator. after all i can only run one mech at a time. spare hero omnipods are nice though and im really low on mechbays.

Mechbays on Sale are just 150 MC and that kind of amounts of MC are easily earned through Events so that shouldn't be a problem I think ?! Posted Image

View PostAll Your Bases, on 16 March 2023 - 02:56 PM, said:

You made this 30k in less than 30 days which is a tall order for some of the newer players.

Maybe that will force them to play better or at least try to improve their skills ?! ;)

View PostPondafarr, on 16 March 2023 - 07:31 PM, said:

For the love of everything unholy, put the loot bag page link on the event page!

Somehow they always forget that... #WEIRD!!! Posted Image

View PostThe Chancelor, on 17 March 2023 - 12:40 AM, said:

Head would make it impossible. Only few give head here.

Posted Image

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users