• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 02 April 2023 - 10:04 PM

Do not think it is possible to [Search] for "lower arm actuator" in MechDB.
~Searching for this in the [Quirks] draws a blank.
~UI interface of MechDB does not have this selection.

Guess one has to double-click each mech variant in MCII chassis to see the loadout screen, visuallly search for "lower arm actuator". Sigh...

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 02 April 2023 - 05:28 PM, said:

Is it possible to list accumulators in MechDB?

#102 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 03 April 2023 - 04:13 AM

View Postw0qj, on 02 April 2023 - 10:04 PM, said:

Do not think it is possible to [Search] for "lower arm actuator" in MechDB.
~Searching for this in the [Quirks] draws a blank.
~UI interface of MechDB does not have this selection.

Guess one has to double-click each mech variant in MCII chassis to see the loadout screen, visuallly search for "lower arm actuator". Sigh...

If you're simply interested in the MCII, I'll feed you the answer:
No LAA:
MCII-1
MCII-2
MCII-DS

LAA on both arms:
MCII-4
MCII-A
MCII-B (departure from precedent)
MCII-MW (departure from precedent)

EDIT: just noticed something. If you're on MechDB looking at a 'mech, rather than going back to the list and double clicking on each chassis, you can use the 'Mech Select option and select a 'mech, but that menu will not close automatically, meaning you can click down the list, one click per 'mech, and view the available actuators, speeding that process along.

Edited by C337Skymaster, 03 April 2023 - 04:58 AM.

#103 Grimjack Haxor

• PipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 April 2023 - 09:45 AM

View PostTirothion, on 28 March 2023 - 10:15 AM, said:

Hey I noticed in testing grounds the arms are acting like there aren't lower arm actuators on the Moonwalker. Is anyone else having this issue? Haven't tested it live yet.

Edit: Can confirm the lower arm actuators are not working in game for the Moonwalker.

Not working for me. Kinda gimping my 4xUAC10 build, want to use the arms... Please fix.

#104 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 03 April 2023 - 05:05 PM

View PostGrimjack Haxor, on 03 April 2023 - 09:45 AM, said:

Not working for me. Kinda gimping my 4xUAC10 build, want to use the arms... Please fix.

This is a known issue. They've already announced they're fixing it in the April patch.

#105 DirtyDevver

• Pip
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 April 2023 - 11:33 PM

id love to see the juggernaut buffed, there is nothing really legendary about it, infact its probably one of the weaker models. even if fitted with AC2's its only got half the ammo load out of a direwolf Posted Image

#106 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 04 April 2023 - 01:03 AM

View PostDirtyDevver, on 03 April 2023 - 11:33 PM, said:

id love to see the juggernaut buffed, there is nothing really legendary about it, infact its probably one of the weaker models. even if fitted with AC2's its only got half the ammo load out of a direwolf Posted Image

Is this a more comparable amount of ammo? (I don't actually know what the meta ammo load on the DWF is). I matched the speed and heat sink count on the DWF, and filled the rest with ammo.

Posted Image

That's 14 tons of bullets.

#107 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,630 posts

Posted 04 April 2023 - 01:11 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 04 April 2023 - 01:03 AM, said:

Is this a more comparable amount of ammo? (I don't actually know what the meta ammo load on the DWF is). I matched the speed and heat sink count on the DWF, and filled the rest with ammo.
That's 14 tons of bullets.

DirtyDevver was talking about the JUGGERNAUT, not the MOONWALKER, though Posted Image

#108 DirtyDevver

• Pip
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 April 2023 - 05:56 AM

indeed I was.. Posted Image

#109 Grimjack Haxor

• PipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 April 2023 - 07:51 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 03 April 2023 - 05:05 PM, said:

This is a known issue. They've already announced they're fixing it in the April patch.

Hotfix to nerf, no hotfix to fix the nerf?

#110 Max J Wolf

• PipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 31 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 April 2023 - 08:00 AM

View PostGrimjack Haxor, on 04 April 2023 - 07:51 AM, said:

+1! Well said!)) Yeah what's up with that.

#111 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 04 April 2023 - 01:15 PM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 04 April 2023 - 01:11 AM, said:

DirtyDevver was talking about the JUGGERNAUT, not the MOONWALKER, though Posted Image

Bah. My bad. Oh well. I tried. :)

View PostGrimjack Haxor, on 04 April 2023 - 07:51 AM, said:

They don't care as much about buffing as Nerfing, it seems. :)

#112 ShooteyMcShooterson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 290 posts

Posted 04 April 2023 - 06:16 PM

View PostDirtyDevver, on 03 April 2023 - 11:33 PM, said:

My issue with the Juggernaut is the slot consumption on basically any build other than the AC2s. Especially to carry the MASC (do not underestimate how useful this is). It should get a 50% ammo buff or something, just to help with the slots.

#113 w0qj

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 04 April 2023 - 07:07 PM

+1 That was exactly my comments, the Juggernaut need +50% ammo buff to help with the slots.

==>I also feel Juggernaut should also get the -10% Heat quirk that comes 'standard' in Fafnir chassis class.
[The Dire Wolf just got a chassis-wide quirk of additional -2.5% Heat in March 2023.
Juggernaut has ZERO -0% Heat. All other Fafnir variants has -10% Heat quirk. What gives ???]

==>Right now, anyone not using MG/MASC or 8xAC2 is better off using some other Fafnir variant.
ie: Legendary Juggernaut is currently not that legendary if one does not use MG/MASC or 8xAC2 weapons.

(I have the full Fafnir chassis variants, so I would know).

View PostShooteyMcShooterson, on 04 April 2023 - 06:16 PM, said:

My issue with the Juggernaut is the slot consumption on basically any build other than the AC2s. Especially to carry the MASC (do not underestimate how useful this is). It should get a 50% ammo buff or something, just to help with the slots.

Edited by w0qj, 04 April 2023 - 07:10 PM.

#114 Grimjack Haxor

• PipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 April 2023 - 11:56 AM

View PostMax J Wolf, on 04 April 2023 - 08:00 AM, said:

+1! Well said!)) Yeah what's up with that.

View PostC337Skymaster, on 04 April 2023 - 01:15 PM, said:

They don't care as much about buffing as Nerfing, it seems. Posted Image

I'll get over it but I don't appreciate it. Thought I'd spend some money to support the game, which I don't even play that often, and the Mech is instanerfed because it's so important to balance it I guess, but it is broken in a way that prevents it from being usable as intended (I've missed so many shots because of lack of articulation) and it's not worth their time for a hotfix?

I really like my 4xUAC10 build. I'm one to go for symmetry, all fixed (leave arms locked), all on torso, or all on articulated arms. Don't like some being fixed and some being articulated. Was super excited to try it. Boom, joke's on me.

#115 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 06 April 2023 - 02:15 AM

View PostGrimjack Haxor, on 05 April 2023 - 11:56 AM, said:

I'll get over it but I don't appreciate it. Thought I'd spend some money to support the game, which I don't even play that often, and the Mech is instanerfed because it's so important to balance it I guess, but it is broken in a way that prevents it from being usable as intended (I've missed so many shots because of lack of articulation) and it's not worth their time for a hotfix?

I really like my 4xUAC10 build. I'm one to go for symmetry, all fixed (leave arms locked), all on torso, or all on articulated arms. Don't like some being fixed and some being articulated. Was super excited to try it. Boom, joke's on me.

I suspect a large part of the delay is that the cauldron actually really-really likes it, as-is, and wants it to stay broken. PGI has already announced they WILL fix it, but Cauldron is farming real quick, before patch day.

As-is, it's the same functionality as it was introduced with: it acts like a Jagermech/Rifleman/Blackjack: it behaves as though there are no lower arm actuators.

#116 Tirothion

• PipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 April 2023 - 07:11 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 06 April 2023 - 02:15 AM, said:

I suspect a large part of the delay is that the cauldron actually really-really likes it, as-is, and wants it to stay broken. PGI has already announced they WILL fix it, but Cauldron is farming real quick, before patch day.

As-is, it's the same functionality as it was introduced with: it acts like a Jagermech/Rifleman/Blackjack: it behaves as though there are no lower arm actuators.

Stuff like that makes me wonder if the Cauldron are really the people to be asking for advice on this game.

#117 Grimjack Haxor

• PipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 April 2023 - 08:57 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 06 April 2023 - 02:15 AM, said:

I may be mistaken (I'm a noob to the game), but I think the difference from release is that a slot is taken up on each arm for actuators, so it can no longer first 2x AC10 on each arm, only 2xUAC10, but lacks the articulation it should have. So straight nerf?

#118 Tirothion

• PipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 April 2023 - 12:22 PM

View PostGrimjack Haxor, on 06 April 2023 - 08:57 AM, said:

I may be mistaken (I'm a noob to the game), but I think the difference from release is that a slot is taken up on each arm for actuators, so it can no longer first 2x AC10 on each arm, only 2xUAC10, but lacks the articulation it should have. So straight nerf?

That is accurate though important to keep in mind that the actuators not working is a bug, one that will be fixed in the next patch. Now once the actuators work whether or not it still counts as a nerf would be a topic for debate.

#119 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 07 April 2023 - 06:09 AM

Where can I report skin/pattern issues on one of the Kintaro variants ?

One of the lasers on it's chest gets covered by the texture/color you choose :)

Not a big deal but a bit silly, because inconsistent with the rest of the game...
I can upload screenshots if needed!

#120 Grimjack Haxor

• PipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 April 2023 - 03:14 PM

View PostTirothion, on 06 April 2023 - 12:22 PM, said:

That is accurate though important to keep in mind that the actuators not working is a bug, one that will be fixed in the next patch. Now once the actuators work whether or not it still counts as a nerf would be a topic for debate.

Right, I was just wondering why the cauldron would want it to be like it is unfixed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users