#41 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 28 March 2023 - 07:08 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 28 March 2023 - 07:03 PM, said:

It is doing something, it's called preventing people from running funny 5xAC10 build. Unless you enjoy OP mech builds, be my guest to defend removing LAA.

You mean like this?Posted Image

#42 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 28 March 2023 - 07:09 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 28 March 2023 - 07:08 PM, said:

You mean like this?Posted Image

Yeah, not even remotely close to how strong 5xAC10 is. Try again.

#43 Tirothion

• PipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 07:09 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 28 March 2023 - 07:03 PM, said:

It is doing something, it's called preventing people from running funny 5xAC10 build. Unless you enjoy OP mech builds, be my guest to defend removing LAA.

I was never defending removing the LAA, I'm defending fixing them so they actually work.

#44 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 07:14 PM

View PostTirothion, on 28 March 2023 - 07:09 PM, said:

I was never defending removing the LAA, I'm defending fixing them so they actually work.

And I'm saying to leave it as is. You don't need LAA function to perform in this mech.

#45 Tirothion

• PipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 07:17 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 28 March 2023 - 07:14 PM, said:

And I'm saying to leave it as is. You don't need LAA function to perform in this mech.

Dude, your idea of leaving them in but not functional is asinine. But I'm not gonna sit here all night and argue about it. Bug's been reported, PGI will fix it, the moonwalker will have working lower arm actuators. So enjoy the mech as it is while you can.

#46 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 07:21 PM

View PostTirothion, on 28 March 2023 - 07:17 PM, said:

Dude, your idea of leaving them in but not functional is asinine. But I'm not gonna sit here all night and argue about it. Bug's been reported, PGI will fix it, the moonwalker will have working lower arm actuators. So enjoy the mech as it is while you can.

Posted Image

#47 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 28 March 2023 - 07:21 PM

it just got better.. it's normal now.

it's fine now

standart armor.
just got better.

Edited by TAMTAMBABY, 28 March 2023 - 07:25 PM.

#48 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 28 March 2023 - 07:28 PM

I just tried and I was getting the same error message.

it's normal now.

#49 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 28 March 2023 - 07:36 PM

I'm overreacting, I admit, I'm sorry. but I was just getting the same error message.

Thanks for the lights. I like it a lot.

#50 Lionheart2012

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 226 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 07:59 PM

See through bug still present on the Moonwalker. Occurs anytime you have only a missile weapon in the RT.

Example Build:
AEhE50`1|?C|8f|l^|l^|l^p81|?C|YR|YR|LG|l^q81|?C|?C|YR|YRrl0|cBsl0|cBt61|NR|NRu61|NR|NRv@0|NRw404040

#51 killkimno

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 107 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 08:19 PM

now moonwalker has two lower arm actuator.
but hasn't any arm's yaw angle. so dosent work at all,

waste two slot, only provide critical hit slot (ye any actuator provide Increases the chance that other equipment will not receive a critical hit)

#52 Gods Drunkest Driver

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 09:40 PM

The original stock build advertised for the mech is no longer possiblePosted Image

#53 Krucilatoz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 121 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 10:31 PM

--edit--

oh well..

now gone one of unique mech and gameplay

Edited by Krucilatoz, 28 March 2023 - 10:33 PM.

#54 StasRn

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 11:23 PM

View PostKrucilatoz, on 28 March 2023 - 10:31 PM, said:

--edit--

oh well..

now gone one of unique mech and gameplay

Its already OP P2W Mech, what do you want more?

#55 PocketYoda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 28 March 2023 - 11:45 PM

I love how they destroy stuff we already paid for.. priceless... Not all Madcat 2s had lower activators..

Edited by PocketYoda, 28 March 2023 - 11:46 PM.

#56 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 29 March 2023 - 01:25 AM

View Postthe check engine light, on 29 March 2023 - 12:43 AM, said:

You got a MCII hero that, even post-nerf, is still a ridiculous piece of machinery. You got it briefly in a form you weren't even SUPPOSED to get, because that form is absolutely as close to P2W as a single chassis can get.

You're upset that you bought an accidental OP mech that got rolled back to simply being very good.

After all the complaints about P2W, now come the complaints that you were not allowed to P2W.

It's ok when YOU do it, right?

As repeatedly proven, however: it wasn't accidental. The claim that "it was always supposed to have Lower Arm Actuators" has been proven false, repeatedly. It wasn't. They designed it this way, and it was advertised and purchased that way, then discovered that it was absolutely monstrous and immediately altered to downgrade that monstrosity. The same thing happened with the Kodiak-3.

In this case, however, I appreciate the restraint in the adjustment. The Kodiak got absolutely nerfed into the ground, when all it really needed was the removal of the two extra hardpoints that it wasn't supposed to have. It went from undergunned dancing machine to overpowered brick wall, which was never the intent of the Kodiak. The Mad Cat Mk II is going from overpowered dancing machine to less overpowered dancing machine with more precise aiming. At least they didn't leave the build alone and lock the torso center front.

#57 AmbidXtrousGNOME

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 103 posts

Posted 29 March 2023 - 05:35 AM

Does anyone know the exact change that happened to the Jug? I'm guessing it was just an armor adjustment?

#58 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,404 posts
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 29 March 2023 - 06:09 AM

Fafnir Juggernaut had a slight LT/RT armor quirk increase, which is a nice surprise Posted Image

After March 28th 2023 HotFix: FNR-J(LGD): updated armor quirk values: +20 CT, +20 RT, +20 LT

Before March 28th 2023 HotFix: FNR-J(LGD): old armor quirk values: +20 CT, +16 RT, +16 LT
I'm not complaining Posted Image

View PostAmbidXtrousGNOME, on 29 March 2023 - 05:35 AM, said:

Does anyone know the exact change that happened to the Jug? I'm guessing it was just an armor adjustment?

Edited by w0qj, 29 March 2023 - 06:14 AM.

#59 Tirothion

• PipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 March 2023 - 07:04 AM

View Postthe check engine light, on 29 March 2023 - 01:35 AM, said:

I'm willing to entertain the idea that it was a fuckup by whoever pushed the patch (as well as the hotfix) rather than intentional. If it were intentional I think they would be letting it ride as long as possible for sales, which by all appearances would be actually astonishingly popular. The mech has the empty crits in MechDB where LAA would go, meaning the crit overage with stock is definitely a bug. It's not even the first loadout bug. We know there are potential for those.

You could argue that the Cauldron hardpoint inflating a MCII in the first place was wholly unwarranted, and I would agree, but plausible deniability exists for them on the LAA. Whether PGI deliberately released it without is another matter and calls for speculation.

I wasn't there for any of the cauldron discussions leading up to this mech so I can't attest to any of that. However I will say, I remember the note about the actuators was added to the patch notes before the sales even went live (with the upgraded graphic that I am now noticing is one heat sink less than the other one to open those slots for the actuators). I bought it pretty quick after sales went live, and even then I knew it was going to have LAA after a hotfix. Me making sure to leave two slots open on any build I tried attests to knowing that. So unless I'm mistaken (conceding that's a possibility) and there was, say, 20 minutes (if that) between sales going live and the note being added; then that tells me that anyone who bought the mech thinking that those slots weren't going to be patched bought the mech without reading the patch notes.

Now it can be argued that not everyone reads patch notes before making a purchase and I agree, and it can also be argued that the sales page for the mech would be the place the note should have gone and I would agree there too. If you bought the mech specifically with builds in mind that are no longer possible, then I sincerely am sorry to hear that and I hope PGI will be working with you to reach a solution for the issue. All I can say is that when I bought the Moonwalker, I knew what I was buying.

#60 Max J Wolf

• PipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 31 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 March 2023 - 07:23 AM

View PostGods Drunkest Driver, on 28 March 2023 - 09:40 PM, said:

The original stock build advertised for the mech is no longer possiblePosted Image

Well If you can't use the load out that was advertised with the Mech originally, then it's FALSE ADVERTISING! What a rip off!(( NO more Legendary mechs will I spend money on. They could have easily just increased the Heat scale limit to take the bite out of the 5 C-AC10 build, but what-ever.

And now it's bugged to BOOT, wow.

Edited by Max J Wolf, 29 March 2023 - 07:26 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users