Mechcommander 3

113 replies to this topic

Poll: The return of the Mechcommander series (556 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you consider buying a Mechcommander 3 game?

1. Voted Yes, if Mechcommander 3 was being made in production, I'll buy it. (544 votes [98.02%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 98.02%

2. No, I'd rather wait for Mechwarrior Tactics (11 votes [1.98%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.98%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 SICk Nick

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 181 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:36 PM

I don't like what I've seen w MW Tactics so far. Thier art is very strange, and I'm not sure about the rest.
I don't think it compares to a MC3.

I want MC3.

Please.

Thank you.

Goodnight.

Edited by SICk Nick, 20 April 2013 - 08:45 PM.

#62 SMDMadCow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:55 PM

I love me some TT. But MW Tactics is better suited as an app game (like angry birds) than a browser based PC game, mostly because you have to wait on your opponent. Their mechs look horrible too.

#63 Sean Lang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 969 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:56 PM

#64 AceTimberwolf

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • Location春日部市、埼玉県、日本; アメリカ: Arcadia, CA

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:58 AM

I'm still waiting for it

#65 Denno

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:28 AM

View PostSMDMadCow, on 23 April 2013 - 01:55 PM, said:

I love me some TT. But MW Tactics is better suited as an app game (like angry birds) than a browser based PC game, mostly because you have to wait on your opponent. Their mechs look horrible too.

Yep. Biggest turnoff to me is the bad anime look to the mechs.

#66 Melcyna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 674 posts
  • LocationYuri Paradise

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:37 PM

That's a bit insulting to anime design thanks... most jap mecha fans would be absolutely horrified by MW Tactics mech designs.

#67 Thomas Covenant

• 1,186 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationOn an adventure.

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:48 PM

You guys could make a commander ethusiast Merc Corp.

Posted Image

#68 SICk Nick

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 181 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:13 AM

Just thought of this....I want MechCommander 3 to be like Star Wars: Empire at War. Where you have to fight a space battle first, and then deploy to the planet. It would encompass all the economics and strategies that go along with it also.

#69 AceTimberwolf

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • Location春日部市、埼玉県、日本; アメリカ: Arcadia, CA

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:19 AM

View PostJackson Jax Teller, on 06 May 2013 - 05:11 PM, said:

Yeah the art assets for Tactics look terrible. And they added some kind of weird hybrid collectible card game element to it that screams money grab

Well it is akin to buying booster packs of figs cards see. Like the natural choice. Artstyle aside it plays well but a bit slow

#70 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:25 PM

If they has some good actors (or celebrities) for FMVs, combine-arms tactics and other awesome features, I'd buy & play it in a heartbeat.

Edited by Will9761, 21 June 2013 - 03:27 PM.

#71 Crackers Unlimited

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:45 PM

Loved the first one. Second one was good (though fell short of the first).

Main things would like to see:

Greater multiplayer abilities. Co-op, and some fun vs. game modes.
Easier targeting of artillery, and less reliance on it as a whole. Never liked having to guess and aim artillery strikes before comitting forces to a fight.
Better AI response. Don't have mechs just sit around waiting for you to find them so often.
The ability to choose missions and sequence of missions, as per mercenary type games.
Greater mech and pilot customization.
A revamped salvage system that is less "luck" based. Getting those clan mechs sure was important in the first one... enough to redo some of the missions several times.
The ability to assign mechs to multiple task groups to more easily micromanage your forces.

#72 cr o ss

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Europe

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:28 PM

a "new" mech game?!

#73 Blu03

• Pip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 12 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:34 PM

MC1 was the most fun I've ever had on online gaming. MC2 was fun while it lasted, although it had more bugs than MC1 and community died a lot faster. I would definitely buy a MC3 and support it. It's a shame that whoever has the rights to the game right now doesn't at least do a re-release of MC1 so people can play it on newer operating systems. Command Conquer, Age of Empire, etc all re-released their games to be compatible with today's systems, and their games till have thousands of people playing them even though they are 10+ years old. I strongly believe the original mechcommander could do the same thing. Release a "Mechcommander HD" give us some servers to play on, and I guarantee you the population will be there, I always hear people asking about Mechcommander to this day. i would be playing it right now if there was actually people online to play against.

#74 dragnier1

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:53 AM

View PostSMDMadCow, on 23 April 2013 - 01:55 PM, said:

Never played TT, but i thought MW Tactics would be rather close to it? Don't you normally need to wait for the rest to roll their dice in TT?

#75 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:10 AM

If there is one thing I would like to see in Mechcommander 3, it would be throwback mission. You know the kind of mission that makes you say, "Hey, I remember this from first game or second game!" These type of mission would be a nice piece of homage from the past. The maps could even represent which game it came from, but with different objectives. Heck, it would be awesome if they could ever get old actors from the past mechcommander games. The only way these missions can be offered to you is if you took mercenary contracts or joined that faction.

Let's name some throwback missions:

Operation Reclaimation (Mechcommander: Gold)-If you are Davion-aligned (by mercenary contracts or by faction), you must recover Port Arthur from House Steiner forces. It is vice-versa if you are Steiner-aligned.

Welcome back to Cermak (Mechcommander: Desperate Measures)- If you are Davion-aligned, you must drive off Steiner forces from base Cermak. Again, vice-versa if you are Steiner-aligned.

Retribution(Mechcommander 2)- Liao-aligned, you must destroy Steiner and Davion forces on Liberty(formally know as Carver V in MC2) to avenge the deaths of Jason and Mandrissa Cho and reclaim Liberty.

Renard's Vengeance (Mechcommander 2)- Steiner-aligned, you must defend a destroyed Steiner High Command (Renard's resting place) from House Liao's attack.

Revelations(Mechcommander 2)-Davion-aligned, you must defend Bannikberg against Liao for the second time.

It would be nice to see a some missions that bring nostalgia into MC3.

#76 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:45 PM

get the paddles

CLEAR!

http://www.mechcommander3.com/ :rolleyes:

#77 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:29 PM

View PostSandpit, on 05 February 2014 - 05:45 PM, said:

It won't let me sign the petition. :P
"there has been an error, push this link to refresh your page" type won't let. :D

#78 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:11 PM

We should start a poll
and another petition

#79 S3dition

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,633 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:58 PM

I wonder if there is enough talent here that we could just start working on it and see if someone is interested in publishing it ;)

#80 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:02 PM

View PostS3dition, on 06 February 2014 - 01:58 PM, said:

I wonder if there is enough talent here that we could just start working on it and see if someone is interested in publishing it :)

That's an interesting proposition actually. It would take me a while but I used to be decent at 3d modeling in maya

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users