Mechcommander 3

113 replies to this topic

Poll: The return of the Mechcommander series (556 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you consider buying a Mechcommander 3 game?

1. Voted Yes, if Mechcommander 3 was being made in production, I'll buy it. (544 votes [98.02%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 98.02%

2. No, I'd rather wait for Mechwarrior Tactics (11 votes [1.98%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.98%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 DeathDealer 6

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 58 posts
  • LocationCO, USA

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:11 AM

Actually, depending on the time period, the Victor could be a Davion or Kurita Mech.

The Federated Commonwealth (Davion side) lost their Victor production factory to a Kuritan advance in the War of 3039.

The Victor's produced after that had a samurai like head instead of the "standard" Victor head.

#42 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 01:44 PM

View PostDeathDealer 6, on 02 August 2012 - 05:11 AM, said:

Actually, depending on the time period, the Victor could be a Davion or Kurita Mech.

The Federated Commonwealth (Davion side) lost their Victor production factory to a Kuritan advance in the War of 3039.

The Victor's produced after that had a samurai like head instead of the "standard" Victor head.

Oh, thanks for the information. :P

Edited by Will9761, 03 August 2012 - 01:44 PM.

#43 Reaper13

• Pip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 12 posts
  • LocationElkins Arkansas

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:50 PM

View Postzorgoth, on 27 July 2012 - 07:56 PM, said:

there actually was a fps/rts that did exactly that, only with the commander actually able to build things too. don't remember the name. nuclear somethin'. when i played it on the free weekend there was SOME teamwork, so this might actually be possible

also there are games now like starhawks that let you drop in turrets, bases, bunkers ect. there is also chrome hounds which has a command mech that lets you command ai units in the battle and send them to different grids to attack, capture and such

#44 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:31 AM

In Mechcommander 2 I didn't like how you went from faction to faction without choosing who you wanted to be with. Despite the fact you were a Mercenary Commander.

For the mercenary player they should be a system to where you can take your own contracts with different factions. Basically it would be an elimination system until you're blacklisted with other factions, except the last employer.

Edited by Will9761, 05 December 2012 - 10:36 AM.

#45 Ghost

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:15 PM

I'd love to see a MechCommander 3. MCG was one of my favorite games back in the day.

#46 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:23 AM

They should have the storyline picking up were the second game left off. going from the Fed-Com Civil War to the early days of the next era,like starting from 3063 to 3067.

Edited by Will9761, 06 December 2012 - 06:26 AM.

#47 Ragnar Yager

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 6 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:32 AM

i think that Mech Commander and MW Tactics are 2 different things, so i hope they make MC3 come true! with "Frostbite engine" maybe and "DMM" (the one they used at the Star Wars Force Unleashed games) and i think "Euphoria" Engine could make the Mechs and other units act more realistic... still hoping for close combat for some Mechs..
Posted Image

Maybe an Sphere domination mode for online, like in Mech Assault 2...

@Willi9761:
Yeah 3063 would be good. And i want live action cast again. Campain for every House and Merc maybe for addon :)

i was verry pleased with MC2 but i hated, that i couldnt play it under win XP.. havent tryed it yet with win 7.

Edited by Ragnar Yager, 07 December 2012 - 07:33 AM.

#48 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:29 PM

This is a minor thing to talk about but, if they did go back to FMV, it would be cool to add some starpower.
for example:

George Takei as Theodore Kurita
Freddie Prinze Jr. as Victor Steiner-Davion
Malcolm Mcdowell as the false Thomas Marik(a.k.a. Thomas Halas)

Besides imagine the humor you could get while playing as the DC, constantly failing missions until Theodore insults you by saying, "You are made of stupid!"
As a Mercenary Commander, if you ever got blacklisted by House Kurita, Theodore would say this:
"Mercenary you are a douchebag, that's right a douchebag."

Edited by Will9761, 07 December 2012 - 05:42 PM.

#49 Charlic Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 124 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:47 PM

MechCommander 3 would be amazing. Some ideas would be to make the Mechlab more controlled like a MechWarrior Mechlab. i'm sure we can do that now. Btw you were already able to use armored vehicles in MechCommander Gold. The only down side to MechCommander in my opinion was the incompetence of the pilots, whose' response to commands were often delayed. If that aspect of AI could be improved then the game would be beyond amazing. Even without it, I am totally down for a MechCommander 3. Then 4. And then 5.
Plus I think the visuals would be simply beautiful with the graphics today.

View PostRagnar Yager, on 07 December 2012 - 07:32 AM, said:

Maybe an Sphere domination mode for online, like in Mech Assault 2...

I hated the guts out of MechAssault 2 but that does sound interesting, if you take the idea and subtract mechassault from it.

#50 Melcyna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 674 posts
  • LocationYuri Paradise

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

delayed response personally i think is fine, realism aside (heh... battletech? realism? in the same sentence? yeah i know, stupid but anyway) i don't really expect my mech to respond instantly like a remote controlled drone.

what's NOT fine with the AI is the competence of the rest of their capability.

in mechcommander 1 (and thus by definition mechcommander gold as well), their ability to move in groups was horrendous, the mech often bee lining towards the target in a single path finding route which are then congested by the slowest mech in the group. The pathfinding was also equally bad at some situations, which can be exploited as well against the enemy AI (which used the same pathfinding naturally).

the mech also can't be set to basic behavior, such as automatically engaging targets in range we choose of, or to keep their distance etc except by ordering it to engage a target at specific distance.... ie: mechcommander lacked the basic AI routines that one expect from a real time tactical game.

Mechcommander 1 (and 2 as well) both basically requires you to micromanage EVERYTHING because the AI was incapable of doing pretty much ANYTHING, and this you have to do for all the assets under your control.

#51 Felix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 656 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:43 AM

How would I react to MC3?

Posted Image

#52 BlakNite

• Pip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 17 posts
  • LocationSomewhere over a laser colored rainbow.

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

I would be very interested in getting my hands on Mechcommander3 if it ever get made. I loved MC2. However I would like to see bigger maps and an upgraded AI.

#53 Ironslug

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationThird Planet on the right.

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

View PostFelix, on 27 December 2012 - 08:43 AM, said:

How would I react to MC3?

Posted Image

ONE HUNDRED PERCENT AGREED!!!

#54 Adrienne Vorton

• 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:20 AM

depends on who would make MC3 :) there are a few companies i wouldn´t buy it from, even if it would be hard to resist ^^

#55 Tufton

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:43 PM

This needs more attention because I know of no other way to make this happen.

#56 Raven IIC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:41 PM

Has anyone heard of MechCommander Omnitech? It's essentially MC3, just based on MechCommnder 2's engine (for now).

Proof: http://www.moddb.com...mander-omnitech

Warning: in development currently, so expect bugs and the like.

Edited by Raven IIC, 15 February 2013 - 04:43 PM.

#57 Googbro2

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:17 PM

View PostOtto Cannon, on 27 July 2012 - 07:19 PM, said:

They could combine it with this game, so that you see the battlefield from above and issue suggested commands to real players who are seeing everything from the cockpits of their mechs. I don't imagine for one second you could ever make it work, but it's a fun idea.

Actually there is a game called Urban assault that was an RTS and FPS at once. You could tell your units to move then jump into a tank and start killing it was amazing.
http://en.wikipedia....i/Urban_Assault

#58 Cpl Luke

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:50 PM

Microsoft published the source of mech commander gold.

there was a solid collection of updated art assets to replace the existing ones you'd be in good shape. (perhaps the art from mechwarrior 4 Free? )

--James

#59 Sean Lang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 969 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:45 AM

Please check out Project: BattleTech Universe

Project: BattleTech Universe: here
MWO Art Thread: here

#60 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:12 AM

View PostOtto Cannon, on 27 July 2012 - 07:19 PM, said:

They could combine it with this game, so that you see the battlefield from above and issue suggested commands to real players who are seeing everything from the cockpits of their mechs. I don't imagine for one second you could ever make it work, but it's a fun idea.

Savage 1 and 2, Natural Selection 1 and 2, etc.

It is certainly possible, but unless the commander gets something he can do without the support of the "stupid players", noone would want to play as him. :lol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users