Mechcommander 3

113 replies to this topic

Poll: The return of the Mechcommander series (556 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you consider buying a Mechcommander 3 game?

1. Voted Yes, if Mechcommander 3 was being made in production, I'll buy it. (544 votes [98.02%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 98.02%

2. No, I'd rather wait for Mechwarrior Tactics (11 votes [1.98%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.98%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:21 PM

Poll is biased... :)

I would wait a bit before I bought MC3.... but I cannot get MWT to work right either (the whole website - which means I cannot even let them know I cannot make it work ;))

#82 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,579 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:11 PM

I don't do this necro thing much, but here are a few ideas I wanted to get off my chest about Mechcommander 3.
  • I'd love to see some well-known actors like in Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3. I'm Just saying, but if George Takei was in Mechcommander 3 as Theodore Kurita, I'd renounce House Steiner and Davion in a nanosecond just to join House Kurita.
  • I would like to hear some awesome music from Jeehun Hwang (MW2),Duane Decker (MW4), and/or Timothy Seals (Mechwarrior 2 Remakes) as composers.
  • 3 Campaigns from the mid era of the FCCW to the early Jihad: Campaign 1- Starter Campaign 3063-3064: Takes place were Mechcommander 2 left off. Campaign 2-Mid Campaign 3065-3066: Takes place in the FedCom Civil War. Campaign 3-Final Campaign 3067: Takes place near the end of the FedCom Civil War and early Jihad.

That's all.

Edited by Will9761, 23 July 2014 - 08:26 PM.

#83 Phearless047

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 40 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 01 October 2014 - 01:00 PM

View PostWill9761, on 27 July 2012 - 07:11 PM, said:

Mechcommander 1 and Gold are good games to play. Mechcommander 2 is also an enjoyable game too, but it did have its flaws. I am aware that there is a Mechwarrior Tatics game being made, but that is not the case. I would like to see a return of the Mechcommander series as a third sequel. If their was ever a Mechcommander 3 what would you change to make it better?

Here would be a few changes that I would make:

1. A freedom of choice for selecting factions for campaigns rather than playing through all the houses as a Mercenary Commander (but there should be an optional choice for a Merc campaign)
2. Make capturing bases easier instead of capturing parts of it.
3. A better customization for mechs with logos, paintable schemes and visual mech representations in mechlabs.
4. Better mech animations like, humanoid mechs walking with their arms down instead of always holding them up.
5.Better Graphics and Models, Mechcommander's graphics was pretty good and it looked realistic for game made in the 90's. For Mechcommander 2 the models looked blocky and textures did look a bit strange.
6. Well known actors

But if you have your own suggestions that you would like to change for a Mechcommander 3, post it here.

MC series should be revived, for sure. I'd love to see a good number of games set during the Clan Invasion and the IS counter-attacks.
Avoid falling off the deep, and diving headfirst into mercland end like MC2 did.

View PostWill9761, on 23 July 2014 - 08:11 PM, said:

George Takei as Theodore Kurita

/thread

Edited by Phearless047, 01 October 2014 - 01:01 PM.

#84 Robert1812

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 10:40 AM

I would love to play MC3,I hope it will be released soon :lol:

#85 -Deliverance

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 12:11 AM

One Day it will happen

#86 yerDEAD

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 12 January 2015 - 11:43 AM

Someone needs to put this on something like Kickstarter. I suppose the bit about copyright would have to be addressed.

yD

#87 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:09 AM

make it a mobile app.

#88 Duilliath

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 03:30 PM

View PostLily from animove, on 13 January 2015 - 05:09 AM, said:

make it a mobile app.

Please, no. Just...no.

#89 ScorpionNinja

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 170 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 03:45 PM

View PostWill9761, on 27 July 2012 - 07:11 PM, said:

Mechcommander 1 and Gold are good games to play. Mechcommander 2 is also an enjoyable game too, but it did have its flaws. I am aware that there is a Mechwarrior Tatics game being made, but that is not the case. I would like to see a return of the Mechcommander series as a third sequel. If their was ever a Mechcommander 3 what would you change to make it better?

Here would be a few changes that I would make:

1. A freedom of choice for selecting factions for campaigns rather than playing through all the houses as a Mercenary Commander (but there should be an optional choice for a Merc campaign)
2. Make capturing bases easier instead of capturing parts of it.
3. A better customization for mechs with logos, paintable schemes and visual mech representations in mechlabs.
4. Better mech animations like, humanoid mechs walking with their arms down instead of always holding them up.
5.Better Graphics and Models, Mechcommander's graphics was pretty good and it looked realistic for game made in the 90's. For Mechcommander 2 the models looked blocky and textures did look a bit strange.
6. Well known actors

But if you have your own suggestions that you would like to change for a Mechcommander 3, post it here.

YES YES YES! I would ******* LOVE a new Mechcommander 3 Game!

It would be great if the game had well known actors to see within the Cinematic scenes,etc!

Edited by ScorpionNinja, 14 January 2015 - 03:46 PM.

#90 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 15 January 2015 - 01:37 PM

View PostDuilliath, on 14 January 2015 - 03:30 PM, said:

Please, no. Just...no.

yes because we should go with the time and making it ffor PC , I spend my time in MWO. further on mobiles you don't need many superexpensive graphic udes, sicne simpler graphics do its job well.

#91 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:33 PM

I would agree. Make it for mobile.

Strategy games, RTS games, turn based tactic games, retro looking games are all having a huge resurgence in mobile when they are fading in other platforms. One reason for that is that they are quite adaptable to touchscreen interfaces.

#92 Dancing Joker 1

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 55 posts
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 17 January 2015 - 06:49 PM

i would buy it. Start Kickstarter

#93 Xibaster

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 05:15 AM

The answer to that question was: yes,im going to play it. Im better commander than warrior :(

#94 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 07 March 2015 - 10:42 AM

Mech Warrior 5 and MC 3 would be a gift from the developer gods. Seriously, MWO is totally fine and all. But sometimes IMO we need to just have a blazing good time OFF-LINE, against A.I and such. And if they do make the afore mentioned games, make them OFF-LINE, no forced always online and limited installs idiocy. One time online activation is fine, since Steam did it right.

I so much want at least MW 3, 4, MC and MC 2 with all their expansions and optimized for newer operating systems. Its hopeless to find any of them on any game/ electronic store online. At least for us in Europe and the North (as far as I know), its impossible to find any hard copy or digital for that matter. (Ebay and Amazon may have, but I stay far away from those). Its a shame, because I guess ALOT of people would buy such an collection. Hard copy and digital.

Steam might be the key here, since MWO after its plan will be released there (hopefully after tons of polishing). That might spawn such an opportunity that among the other games, MC 3 might see the light.

#95 S3dition

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,633 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 07 March 2015 - 11:28 PM

Would be a fun game to make. Signing an agreement with PGI to use their mech models would also speed up development. It's too bad no company with money will invest in anything even remotely similar to an RTS game these days. Not unless Relic makes it.

#96 CoolLew

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 224 posts
  • LocationInnersphere, Chaos March, Terra, South Carolina

Posted 04 September 2015 - 05:59 AM

I love the Mechcommander games, I would love a 3rd one

#97 Varujahn Suvorov

Rookie

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 05:46 AM

https://www.kickstar...ined/battletech

Have a look at this ; -)

#98 WiNNiep00h

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 82 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 12:52 AM

every year i google "mechcommander 3" and search for new information. i really hope somebody will develope it. I dont think it will happen, but sometimes ur wishes come true^^ like Sudden Strike 4 :D
a singleplayer campaign for MWO would be also nice.

#99 JaidenHaze

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 738 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 August 2016 - 08:07 AM

The upcoming Battletech game from Harebrained Schemes is exacly what youre looking for.

#100 XxXAbsolutZeroXxX

• The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 02:30 PM

I'm not sure how they would improve mc3 over mc2.

Maybe if they had preset mech formations like homeworld where lances could assume box, line, V and other geometric patterns for better use of tactics.

And a better command structure for deploying mechs and vehicles. Individual hotkeys to order a lance to flank left / flank right / scout an area.

I'm not sure how that would work in the real world though. It could be too tedious.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users