Mechcommander 3

113 replies to this topic

Poll: The return of the Mechcommander series (556 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you consider buying a Mechcommander 3 game?

1. Voted Yes, if Mechcommander 3 was being made in production, I'll buy it. (544 votes [98.02%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 98.02%

2. No, I'd rather wait for Mechwarrior Tactics (11 votes [1.98%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.98%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:11 PM

Mechcommander 1 and Gold are good games to play. Mechcommander 2 is also an enjoyable game too, but it did have its flaws. I am aware that there is a Mechwarrior Tatics game being made, but that is not the case. I would like to see a return of the Mechcommander series as a third sequel. If their was ever a Mechcommander 3 what would you change to make it better?

Here would be a few changes that I would make:

1. A freedom of choice for selecting factions for campaigns rather than playing through all the houses as a Mercenary Commander (but there should be an optional choice for a Merc campaign)
2. Make capturing bases easier instead of capturing parts of it.
3. A better customization for mechs with logos, paintable schemes and visual mech representations in mechlabs.
4. Better mech animations like, humanoid mechs walking with their arms down instead of always holding them up.
5.Better Graphics and Models, Mechcommander's graphics was pretty good and it looked realistic for game made in the 90's. For Mechcommander 2 the models looked blocky and textures did look a bit strange.
6. Well known actors

But if you have your own suggestions that you would like to change for a Mechcommander 3, post it here.

Edited by Will9761, 23 July 2014 - 07:38 PM.

#2 a rabid chihuahua

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 378 posts
  • Locationat top of jump arc ..and out of fuel!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:17 PM

I'd like to see an improved AI, with set movement optoins that the AI would utilize. IE if i send a mech wiht jj to take straight run to something ,it would run up and and jump and move to posiition ,instead of runnig to wall and waiting for a direction to jump or run around. Also to be able to have team members run in smart groups , covering each other .so if you have a long range firemech ,you can have another mech in support of it.

#3 Otto Cannon

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,689 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:19 PM

They could combine it with this game, so that you see the battlefield from above and issue suggested commands to real players who are seeing everything from the cockpits of their mechs. I don't imagine for one second you could ever make it work, but it's a fun idea.

#4 brento73

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 68 posts
  • LocationMidwest US

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:20 PM

I'm looking forward to MW Tactics, but I'd still be interested in a Mech Commander 3, as well.

#5 zer0imh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 581 posts
  • LocationFomalhaut

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:33 PM

me wants mc3

Edited by zer0imh, 27 July 2012 - 07:33 PM.

#6 BigJim

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationChesterfield, England

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:35 PM

View PostOtto Cannon, on 27 July 2012 - 07:19 PM, said:

They could combine it with this game, so that you see the battlefield from above and issue suggested commands to real players who are seeing everything from the cockpits of their mechs. I don't imagine for one second you could ever make it work, but it's a fun idea.

Funny you should mention that - There was an RTS mod for UT2004 (Alien Breed, or something similar) - Took the basic 3D game engine, and simply fixed the camera to an isometric type view and ran the AI agents as normal.
(similarly, I modded the same FPS engine to make a top-down Micro Machines racing gametype, easily done)

The problems they had were in integrating an RTS "click to do actions" type interface, not in the core concept, so it is definitely possible to take an FPS-based engine & mod it for RTS, the problem is in the details but as they say those are just engineering problems.

O/c PGI are not developing npc AI, so it's a non-starter for this game, but in theory it could be done.

Edited by BigJim, 27 July 2012 - 07:37 PM.

#7 Faceless Priest

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 156 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:39 PM

I'd play both, since they are very diffrent even conceptualy

#8 zorgoth

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:56 PM

View PostOtto Cannon, on 27 July 2012 - 07:19 PM, said:

there actually was a fps/rts that did exactly that, only with the commander actually able to build things too. don't remember the name. nuclear somethin'. when i played it on the free weekend there was SOME teamwork, so this might actually be possible

#9 RedSpace0095

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:05 PM

They managed it in Battlefield 2 with the commander screen...

#10 Glitched Naga

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 12 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:08 PM

View Postzorgoth, on 27 July 2012 - 07:56 PM, said:

there actually was a fps/rts that did exactly that, only with the commander actually able to build things too. don't remember the name. nuclear somethin'. when i played it on the free weekend there was SOME teamwork, so this might actually be possible

the game you are thinking of is nuclear dawn

#11 DragonsFire24SS

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 107 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSan Antonio,TX

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:22 PM

I think it would be interesting to play the battletech universe with the same system for the total war series games.

#12 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:51 PM

View PostWill9761, on 27 July 2012 - 07:11 PM, said:

Mechcommander 1 and Gold are fun games to play. Mechcommander 2 is also an enjoyable game too, but did have its flaws. I am aware that there is a Mechwarrior Tatics game being made, but that is not the case. I would like to see a return of the Mechcommander series as a third sequel. If their was ever a Mechcommander 3 what would you change to make it better?

Here would be a few changes that I would make:

1. A freedom of choice for selecting factions for campaigns rather than playing through all the houses as a Mercenary Commander (but it could be an optional choice for a Merc campaign)
2. Make capturing bases easier instead of capturing parts of it.
3. A better customization for mechs with logos, paintable schemes and visual mech representations in mechlabs.
4. Better mech animations like, humanoid mechs walking with their arms down instead of always holding them up.

But if you have your own suggestions that you would like to change in Mechcommander 3, post it here.

aND THERE IS NO EXCUSE NOT TO ALLOW COMBINED ARMS. IMO .

I would like the oppurtunity to mix in some armor, or even make some of the command menu options like scout vtols more a cosntant.

#13 Broug

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:19 AM

I WANT MECHCOMMANDER 3 NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW :rolleyes: :wacko: :unsure: :lol:

#14 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:52 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 28 July 2012 - 08:51 PM, said:

aND THERE IS NO EXCUSE NOT TO ALLOW COMBINED ARMS. IMO .

I would like the oppurtunity to mix in some armor, or even make some of the command menu options like scout vtols more a cosntant.

You could add in some battle armor and conventional infantry in the mix.

#15 Elessar

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,100 posts
  • LocationHesperus II

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:30 PM

MC3 would be nice

#16 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:14 AM

View PostElessar, on 29 July 2012 - 12:30 PM, said:

MC3 would be nice

I just wish we could start a petition to get Mechcommander 3 in production.

Edited by Will9761, 30 July 2012 - 10:14 AM.

#17 EvangelionUnit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 776 posts
  • LocationWarframe

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:37 AM

View PostBigJim, on 27 July 2012 - 07:35 PM, said:

Funny you should mention that - There was an RTS mod for UT2004 (Alien Breed, or something similar) - Took the basic 3D game engine, and simply fixed the camera to an isometric type view and ran the AI agents as normal.
(similarly, I modded the same FPS engine to make a top-down Micro Machines racing gametype, easily done)

The problems they had were in integrating an RTS "click to do actions" type interface, not in the core concept, so it is definitely possible to take an FPS-based engine & mod it for RTS, the problem is in the details but as they say those are just engineering problems.

O/c PGI are not developing npc AI, so it's a non-starter for this game, but in theory it could be done.

funny that you mention that, there was an awesome game called Battlezone 2 ...

#18 CCC Dober

• 1,881 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:09 PM

If say PGI was able to use the current assets and engine to create MC3 and link it to the Community Warfare Pillar of MWO, now that would really bring the communities together :)

I'd be all over it like it :lol:

#19 Thoman Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 225 posts
  • LocationClan Occupation zone

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:33 PM

would MC3 not be redundant, with MW Tactics already almost in beta.

#20 Exilyth

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:13 PM

Although 'omnitech' is a great update to MC2, a new Mechcommander game would be great. MC2 looks a bit dated.

View PostTaigen, on 30 July 2012 - 12:33 PM, said:

would MC3 not be redundant, with MW Tactics already almost in beta.

Afaik, MW Tactics is going to be turn based, while MC is/was real time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users