Patch Notes - 1.4.286.0 - 21-November-2023

161 replies to this topic

#21 Ilostmycactus

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 72 posts

Posted 18 November 2023 - 12:40 AM

It would be nice if the king crab and heavy marauder got some love. The new map looks cool.

#22 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 18 November 2023 - 12:50 AM

View PostIlostmycactus, on 18 November 2023 - 12:40 AM, said:

It would be nice if the king crab and heavy marauder got some love. The new map looks cool.

The Marauder got a new Hero variant a month ago: "Blight"

#23 Ralph Edwards

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sovereign
  • The Sovereign
  • 175 posts

Posted 18 November 2023 - 01:15 AM

Really, really, really, like the ac ammo boosts. Also the Orion armor buffs have been desperately needed.

#24 The Chancelor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 166 posts

Posted 18 November 2023 - 01:16 AM

View PostTeemo41, on 17 November 2023 - 10:32 PM, said:

I just want to know if the ceiling on Bearclaw II is low enough to interfere with LRMs.

LOL I hope not. I can hear the lurmloads yell already

#25 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 481 posts

Posted 18 November 2023 - 01:31 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 17 November 2023 - 08:39 PM, said:

COOLSHOT CONSUMABLE:

• Extra cooling duration Increased to 7.0 seconds (from 3.0)
  • Extra cooling strength decreased to 2.0 heat/second (from 4.667)
* Note: This change keeps the amount of extra dissipated heat the same at 14, but spreads it over a longer 7 second window compared to the current 3 seconds.

How much did you think before you ruined the Cool Shot?
If the Cauldron has forgotten or does not know about the heat spike and does not know that using a Cool Shot is often the only way to survive after the loss of a torso and an instant release of heat into the mech - such a Cauldron is not professionally suitable.
By the way, rename Cool Shot (instant shot) to Cool Injection (slow injection).

The new map makes me happy.

I couldn’t understand anything about the changes in the BLC (apparently the language barrier).

The lack of X-pulse improvements is disappointing.

Maybe there is some news about the removal of groups from the QP?
When will you return the most oppressed weapon (streaks) to the game?

#26 Frost_Byte

• 68 posts

Posted 18 November 2023 - 01:51 AM

The coolshot nerf will curb a lot of high alpha vomit/hag vomit builds for both IS and Clan. That was our goal for it.

As for Binaries, the effective change is that they are no longer impacted by large laser quirks and are now impacted by STD laser quirks. We've shuffled some mechs around, the big thing is that the Stalker 4N can no longer fire 4 BLC, it can only fire 3 before ghost heat.

We feel all X-Pulse, except for smalls, are in a pretty good place at the moment. L-XPL is very strong, M-XPL is good. Personally, while smalls are lacking I am worried about buffing them because even going slightly overboard could have a really bad result balance wise.

The gausszilla nerf was needed. It's currently the strongest QP assault in the game. That mech is my child and I'm very sad to have taken part in the nerf, but it was definitely a problem lol.

Also appears something is missing from the patch notes...?

#27 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 18 November 2023 - 01:55 AM

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 18 November 2023 - 01:31 AM, said:

How much did you think before you ruined the Cool Shot?
If the Cauldron has forgotten or does not know about the heat spike and does not know that using a Cool Shot is often the only way to survive after the loss of a torso and an instant release of heat into the mech - such a Cauldron is not professionally suitable.
By the way, rename Cool Shot (instant shot) to Cool Injection (slow injection).

Assault snipers do not need Cool Shot so much, since they can always backpedal two steps behind cover to cool down.

#28 PAQUERA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 121 posts

Posted 18 November 2023 - 02:14 AM

Very happy with the New centurión and amazed with the New map!

#29 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 18 November 2023 - 02:56 AM

That paintjob, it hurts my eyes and now I want to paint some minis with it ^_°
Seriously, that is one heck of a paintjob and that shield? I guess its just cosmetic and is not contributing to the hitbox? Else you would have a massive hitbox there.

As for the map, that looks like an interesting one. Nice to see some creativity here.

#30 FROM HELL

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 November 2023 - 03:01 AM

Nerfing legendary annihilator? Hey what the hell... annihilator is already an easy target. Just wanted to buy the new legendary but now im concerned it is going to be nerfed too. Will invest my money elsewhere

#31 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 18 November 2023 - 03:57 AM

View PostFROM HELL, on 18 November 2023 - 03:01 AM, said:

Nerfing legendary annihilator? Hey what the hell... annihilator is already an easy target. Just wanted to buy the new legendary but now im concerned it is going to be nerfed too. Will invest my money elsewhere

Voting with your wallet is always the best thing that you can do.

#32 Tarriss Halcyon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 239 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 18 November 2023 - 04:10 AM

View PostNesutizale, on 18 November 2023 - 02:56 AM, said:

Seriously, that is one heck of a paintjob and that shield? I guess its just cosmetic and is not contributing to the hitbox? Else you would have a massive hitbox there.

The shield arm has an extra 50 points of armor - seriously; it has 100+ armor on the arm. It's contributing to the hitbox alright, but it's also basically perfect for rotating into shots.

#33 Hawok79

• PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationWo sind wir daheim,Frankfurt am Main!

Posted 18 November 2023 - 04:25 AM

View PostS U L T A N, on 17 November 2023 - 09:38 PM, said:

- HAGs will definitely be much hotter, especially on HAGboats and HAGvom, so this is at least going to curb the HAGpocalypse a bit (hopefully).

What HAGpocalypse!?

They are already dead, just like the normal gaus, hardly anyone plays them anymore. Most mechs are not worth the space and ton. The sps is disastrous thanks to the charge, and increasing the cooldown only makes it worse.

#34 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 481 posts

Posted 18 November 2023 - 05:14 AM

View PostFrost_Byte, on 18 November 2023 - 01:51 AM, said:

The coolshot nerf will curb a lot of high alpha vomit/hag vomit builds for both IS and Clan. That was our goal for it.

As for Binaries, the effective change is that they are no longer impacted by large laser quirks and are now impacted by STD laser quirks. We've shuffled some mechs around, the big thing is that the Stalker 4N can no longer fire 4 BLC, it can only fire 3 before ghost heat.

We feel all X-Pulse, except for smalls, are in a pretty good place at the moment. L-XPL is very strong, M-XPL is good. Personally, while smalls are lacking I am worried about buffing them because even going slightly overboard could have a really bad result balance wise.

The gausszilla nerf was needed. It's currently the strongest QP assault in the game. That mech is my child and I'm very sad to have taken part in the nerf, but it was definitely a problem lol.

Thanks for the answer.

I can’t call your approach to solving the sniper problem reasonable. You must understand that more short- and medium-range mechs are built around Cool Shots than snipers? With this decision you created more problems for brawlers and mid-range mechs than for snipers.
I have already given an example of the loss of a halftorso. Comrade martian, although his message was addressed to me for some reason (perhaps erroneously), correctly said that a sniper can always go behind cover to cool down, at a time when brawlers and second-line mechs should roasting.
Isn't this obvious to you?
If this is not obvious to Cauldron, then I will once again express skepticism about the competence of its participants.
Perhaps the Cauldron understands this very well and specifically promoted such an ambiguous change? Then even more difficult thoughts arise in my head: aren’t the members of the Cauldron using their influence to make the game comfortable, first of all, for themselves? I very often see that it is the members of the Cauldron in most games who use exactly the sniper mechs that you wrote about.

I still don’t understand anything about BLC. Are large lasers not standard? Or are there two categories within quirks: 1) standard lasers (small and medium) and 2) large lasers (a separate category of quirks)?

If X-pulses do well, then why are there so few of them on the battlefield?

View Postmartian, on 18 November 2023 - 01:55 AM, said:

Assault snipers do not need Cool Shot so much, since they can always backpedal two steps behind cover to cool down.

Is your message addressed specifically to me? It looks more like you were commenting on Frost_Byte's post.

#35 Coileh

Rookie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 November 2023 - 05:21 AM

View PostFrost_Byte, on 18 November 2023 - 01:51 AM, said:

Thanks for the insight. I appreciate the team's involvement on the forums and wanted to say that you guys have been killing it with the continued general improvement of the game. The new (and genuinely) unique 'mechs are really cool to see and many of us wish to see everything continue in the same direction.

#36 ForSclence

• Pip
  • Nova Commander
  • Nova Commander
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 November 2023 - 05:58 AM

I like the ammo changes, Some cool mech changes too. Hag stuff seems fine too. I love the new map concept!

#37 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 18 November 2023 - 06:13 AM

The shield arm actually being something that takes weight and slots while providing a bonus is an interesting mechanic. Maybe this is the direction Modules should have gone. I could see this being applied in new ways to different mechs, and not just a shield.

Maybe different sensor packages you can swap out that give you the different sensor related bonuses currently in the skill tree? And nodes in the skill tree can just enhance whatever you equipped?

Edited by TheCaptainJZ, 18 November 2023 - 06:15 AM.

#38 Adarven

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 70 posts
  • LocationPrague, Czech Republic

Posted 18 November 2023 - 06:34 AM

Interesting patch :)) HAGs - we will see, if the values for the heat are OK ar the changes are too big. Also not sure with the spread removal. The new mech is really something unique :) And the new map....what a surprise :)

#39 PsionicMantis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 107 posts

Posted 18 November 2023 - 07:09 AM

Wasnt there something about a nerf to clan double heatsinks going around, or am i misremembering something?

#40 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 737 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 18 November 2023 - 07:19 AM

I wanted to be excited about the new map and the cool Christmas mechlab, but boy are these HAG changes very dumb, to put it VERY mildly. These things need more spread, not even bigger heat and a cooldown that feels like I can take a nap in between.
Remember when PPCs had the 7 second cooldown? It was super fun to use them at that time Right? Wrong. Making a weapon boring IS NOT the way to balance it. It's just a lazy way of removing it from the equation because eventually nobody bothers to use it anymore.
Who is making these changes? Is Paul back on the balance team?

Edited by PraetorGix, 18 November 2023 - 07:25 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users