65 replies to this topic

#41 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,787 posts

Posted 23 February 2024 - 06:18 AM

View Postthe check engine light, on 21 February 2024 - 01:06 PM, said:

What kills me is that I don't even CARE about the item, I care about one thing: completing the checklist.

The headshot challenge was a pain, but this is straight up ********.

did skip the headshot on the grounds that they had previously done the same challenge and i didnt need the goodies because i got them the first time.

#42 DaniBot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 176 posts

Posted 23 February 2024 - 06:46 AM

Just finished it but have no idea how and when, gg Posted Image

#43 Naryck

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 81 posts

Posted 23 February 2024 - 07:40 AM

need the devs' responses here
will counter-ecm work if I hit an ECM mech with PPC and someone else hits the enemy with SSRM/LRM?

#44 Vhaulkor

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 February 2024 - 03:22 PM

this is very broken objective and the lack of response to legit criticism is telling about the fragility of egos. just ran and pushed mechs around with ecm counter on got a few in the group to show x's on their icons, lrm's came in, got ecm counter but no ecm counter lock dmg... this is extremely broken. extremely broken. extremely poor implementation by dev's. im kinda envisioning the devs sitting behind a desk holding their hands up to their ears atm yelling we cant hear you, what we programmed is PERFECT and free from all error and free from any criticism! like a child would in grade school...

#45 Wine O

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 109 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada

Posted 23 February 2024 - 04:08 PM

All I did was light PPC a Direwolf that had ECM. While I was chaining the PPC's, someone hit him with lrms and I I got the reward. I was in the Katana Kat hero mech, no ECM, no BAP, just used light PPC's.

#46 Naryck

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 81 posts

Posted 23 February 2024 - 10:16 PM

View PostWine O, on 23 February 2024 - 04:08 PM, said:

All I did was light PPC a Direwolf that had ECM. While I was chaining the PPC's, someone hit him with lrms and I I got the reward. I was in the Katana Kat hero mech, no ECM, no BAP, just used light PPC's.

OK. so PPCs would work. that's good to know

#47 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,421 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 23 February 2024 - 10:19 PM

Just got it.

My game client disconnected, then crashed.
Tried logging into same QP game twice and got booted out.

On my 3rd try into same QP game, it was almost over, our team was about to lose.

==>I pressed "R" and "Target Spotted" on a far away enemy with its ECM disrupted (a "X" on its ECM).
Another teammate hit it with LRM.

I did no damage to enemy, and enemy was not even in my sight at any time (Solaris City).

I got my only "Couter ECM Locked Damage" this way.

==>Think you need to
a) Press "R" to help spot enemy with its ECM disrupted, and
b ) Someone (must be a teammate and not yourself?) has to hit it with locking weapon (LRM, ATM, Streak?).

Edited by w0qj, 26 February 2024 - 02:55 PM.

#48 Naryck

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 81 posts

Posted 23 February 2024 - 10:32 PM

View Postw0qj, on 23 February 2024 - 10:19 PM, said:

a) Press "R" to help spot enemy with its ECM disrupted, and
b ) Someone (must be a teammate and not yourself?) has to hit it with locking weapon (LRM, Streak?).

lol, so now you don't even need to counter ECM (with your ECM or BAP or PPC), you just need to press R on the ECM-countered enemy. lololol

#49 mrgamerwood

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 February 2024 - 06:05 AM

So it seems that what needs to happen is to be the one responsible for the target's ECM disruption (PPC, BAP/CAP, ECM counter mode), and then someone else must damage that target with lock on missiles (lrms, streaks, ATM)

since no one likes lock on weapons in this game this will be one of the harder ones to get....

#50 mrgamerwood

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 February 2024 - 11:38 AM

just got this with the Uziel hero, 4 light PPCs and BAP. kept hitting a ECM atlas and called the target. a teammate hit him with LRMs.

#51 Rehl

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 73 posts

Posted 26 February 2024 - 02:35 PM

Yeah, I just got this on a Tbolt by dropping in a BAP, holding my target (and getting within range for BAP to counter the enemy's ECM), and someone else had to hit it. I don't know if it has to be with missiles or not, but basically: drop a BAP in your mech, get close enough for it to counter, and hopefully someone else will hit it. I also got it on a Catapult with BAP (saw it in match rewards).

#52 misachii

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 February 2024 - 03:42 PM

this is an extremely stupid challenge im very annoyed. did buy all the legenderys till this event but now i will simply stop. bye.

#53 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,819 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 28 February 2024 - 04:02 PM

View Postmisachii, on 28 February 2024 - 03:42 PM, said:

this is an extremely stupid challenge im very annoyed. did buy all the legenderys till this event but now i will simply stop. bye.

The prize is a cockpit decoration that everyone has like five of already. Over react much?

Plus if you really want the thing, just take a light PPC and streaks or LRMs on the same mech and earn it all yourself.

Edited by ScrapIron Prime, 28 February 2024 - 04:31 PM.

#54 An6ryMan69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 475 posts

Posted 28 February 2024 - 05:58 PM

Sometimes the challenges really are a significant challenge, at least for vanilla level players. I never got the counter ECM reward this time, and spent probably ten matches just chasing that objective after I’d done everything else. I missed the headshot objective when that was out couple of months ago as well. I probably had 35,000 damage done but no head shots, and I know I died a few times trying. It’s not a huge deal, people need to keep the stuff in perspective. The oddball challenges like this never stop people from getting their monthly mech or anything like that.

Edited by An6ryMan69, 28 February 2024 - 06:00 PM.

#55 Kareekoe

• Pip
  • Death Star
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 February 2024 - 10:48 PM

Karee was using Kitfox of mismatched omnipods that can allow the following to be equipped: 4 Clan Streak SRM, 3 Clan Laser AMS, 1 Clan ECM, 1 Clan Tag Laser, 1 Clan Beagle Active Probe.

For whatever reason, despite existing very near to enemies mechs who clearly had the ECM Eye Icon, despite having her ECM on counter mode, hitting them with the Clan Tag, and being what she assumes would be close enough for Beagle Active probe would be able to counter...

...The game decided: NOPE to all of that, absolutely none of their ECMs are countered, they remain stealthed/un-targetable, and even the ones not in stealth weren't countered...

So yea, Karee is definitely on the side of people who are saying "this **** broken" as there's almost certainly something funky and weird going on in the background relating to ECM, it's mechanics, how it works, and especially the c-bill rewards relating to it.

Guess good questions to ask would be:
Does multiple ECM stack?
Can 3-4 ECMs in disrupt mode counter 1 ECM in Counter Mode, a Clan Tag, and Clan Beagle Probe?
(Note that Karee is unaware as to the actual number of ECM mechs encountered in the situation she was in, it could have been anywhere from between 1-4 maybe more)

Edited by Kareekoe, 29 February 2024 - 10:49 PM.

#56 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 29 February 2024 - 11:00 PM

View PostKareekoe, on 29 February 2024 - 10:48 PM, said:

Karee was using Kitfox of mismatched omnipods that can allow the following to be equipped: 4 Clan Streak SRM, 3 Clan Laser AMS, 1 Clan ECM, 1 Clan Tag Laser, 1 Clan Beagle Active Probe.

For whatever reason, despite existing very near to enemies mechs who clearly had the ECM Eye Icon, despite having her ECM on counter mode, hitting them with the Clan Tag, and being what she assumes would be close enough for Beagle Active probe would be able to counter...

...The game decided: NOPE to all of that, absolutely none of their ECMs are countered, they remain stealthed/un-targetable, and even the ones not in stealth weren't countered...

So yea, Karee is definitely on the side of people who are saying "this **** broken" as there's almost certainly something funky and weird going on in the background relating to ECM, it's mechanics, how it works, and especially the c-bill rewards relating to it.

Guess good questions to ask would be:
Does multiple ECM stack?
Can 3-4 ECMs in disrupt mode counter 1 ECM in Counter Mode, a Clan Tag, and Clan Beagle Probe?
(Note that Karee is unaware as to the actual number of ECM mechs encountered in the situation she was in, it could have been anywhere from between 1-4 maybe more)

ECM does stack so yep you have to counter all of them.
1 ECM in Counter Mode and Clan Beagle Probe in same mech counts as single ECM counter
If you are under influence of enemy ECM Disrupt it will disrupt your TAGs ability to counter.
So your Kit Fox will counter just 1 ECM and two is enough to disable you totally. If you forget to change your ECM to counter mode that number changes to zero.

#57 Kareekoe

• Pip
  • Death Star
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 March 2024 - 02:05 AM

View PostCurccu, on 29 February 2024 - 11:00 PM, said:

ECM does stack so yep you have to counter all of them.
1 ECM in Counter Mode and Clan Beagle Probe in same mech counts as single ECM counter
If you are under influence of enemy ECM Disrupt it will disrupt your TAGs ability to counter.
So your Kit Fox will counter just 1 ECM and two is enough to disable you totally. If you forget to change your ECM to counter mode that number changes to zero.

Karee understands, that must have been what happened then, she will continue trying.

#58 Kareekoe

• Pip
  • Death Star
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 March 2024 - 04:22 PM

Just managed to get ECM counter locked damage now.

Got lucky and was able to counter a Locust that had their ECM on disrupt mode.

There was a teammate nearby who locked onto the Locust while they were countered and blasted them with either ATM or Stream SRM while Karee was blasting them too with her own Stream SRM.

Not entirely sure, but she believes it was the teammate that shot Locust while their ECM was countered that gave the reward.

But it could have just as easily been Karee herself that triggered it.

So unless someone can post proof of themselves being the only one shooting locked on missiles at a ECM countered target and getting the reward without anyone else shooting the target, she will assume it requires a teammate locking on and shooting a ECM countered target to get one.

Just need to get lucky and hope that a mech with their ECM set to disrupt mode is alone with no others around for your counter mode ECM to counter them, target lock them, and prey a teammate or friend is with lock on missiles is nearby to blast them.

If there are more than 1 enemy mech with disrupt mode ECM active near each other you won't be able to counter, but if it's 1 disrupt mode vs 1 counter mode, the counter will go through and you will see the X over the enemy ECM Eye Icon, which means, go ape **** immediately, take that opportunity, even if it's likely a soon death to do so.

Trust Karee when she says "She's lucky to have gotten this sooner than later." because this event objective is very luck based and random, due to the **** load of circumstantial factors involved when trying to do it solo with no friends nor any like minded squad mates in random public games.

Try to set up a premade squad with a friend or another person who seeks the ECM Counter Locked Damage event objective and do it together, it will save you so much time and will eliminate more than half of those circumstantial factors.

Karee suggests people in premade squads use Streak SRM, ATM, or LRM boats that have ECM set to counter mode, the more the better, and just keep trying until everyone gets it.

Edited by Kareekoe, 01 March 2024 - 04:27 PM.

#59 NETRON

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 02 March 2024 - 04:40 AM

Sorry for my bad english.

100% working way to complete the task "EARN 1 COUNTER ECM LOCKED DAMAGE"

Sufficient equipment for this - "BEAGLE ACTIVE PROB"
Tactic - to be ahead of your team as close to the enemy as possible.

My MECH on which I completed the task: URBANMECH UM-R68
Advantages: small size, mobility, survivability.
Equipment: XLengine 170, 3хDHS, 3xER MED LASER, LRM15 with 2.5 ammo pack, BAP(Beagle Active Probe).
A map on which it is easy to complete the task: ALPINE PEAKS.

I just stood under the mountain where at the top there were furs under protection ECM. I didn’t take aim at anyone, I didn’t shoot. In fact, I didn’t even see the enemy because the angles of inclination did not allow me. But I knew they were there.

Good luck. O7

100% рабочий способ. Ставьте "BEAGLE ACTIVE PROB" в влюбой быстрый, крепкий мех. Бегите к противнику, желательно в сторону снайперов, ЛРМщиков которые стараются скрыться под ECM. Так же можно ввязываться в бой с легкими мехами скрытыми под ECM. И остается надеятся что сокомандники нанесут урон.
У меня легко получилось выполнить задние буквально с 1го раза на мехе URBANMECH UM-R68 на котором было стандартное вооружение и установленый BAP(Beagle Active Probe). Больше ECM не было. Идеально большая карта типа ALPINE PEAKS.

Удачи. O7

Posted Image

Edited by NETRON, 02 March 2024 - 04:45 AM.

#60 NETRON

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 02 March 2024 - 04:40 AM

Sorry for my bad english.

100% working way to complete the task "EARN 1 COUNTER ECM LOCKED DAMAGE"

Sufficient equipment for this - "BEAGLE ACTIVE PROB"
Tactic - to be ahead of your team as close to the enemy as possible.

My MECH on which I completed the task: URBANMECH UM-R68
Advantages: small size, mobility, survivability.
Equipment: XLengine 170, 3хDHS, 3xER MED LASER, LRM15 with 2.5 ammo pack, BAP(Beagle Active Probe).
A map on which it is easy to complete the task: ALPINE PEAKS.

I just stood under the mountain where at the top there were furs under protection ECM. I didn’t take aim at anyone, I didn’t shoot. In fact, I didn’t even see the enemy because the angles of inclination did not allow me. But I knew they were there.

Good luck. O7

100% рабочий способ. Ставьте "BEAGLE ACTIVE PROB" в влюбой быстрый, крепкий мех. Бегите к противнику, желательно в сторону снайперов, ЛРМщиков которые стараются скрыться под ECM. Так же можно ввязываться в бой с легкими мехами скрытыми под ECM. И остается надеятся что сокомандники нанесут урон.
У меня легко получилось выполнить задние буквально с 1го раза на мехе URBANMECH UM-R68 на котором было стандартное вооружение и установленый BAP(Beagle Active Probe). Больше ECM не было. Идеально большая карта типа ALPINE PEAKS.

Удачи. O7

Posted Image

Edited by NETRON, 02 March 2024 - 04:46 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users