244 replies to this topic

#101 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 04 May 2024 - 09:10 AM

View PostCroaker Munin, on 04 May 2024 - 05:28 AM, said:

PGI please could you come back to a entry point price level?
I am all in on supporting you. But 40€ for the cheapest bundle comon, bring back the 20€ entry pack with just 3 Mechs and a warhorn.
For 40€ I get full games like Helldivers2 or Wartales.

For better or worse our business model has been to have timed exclusivity on new mech content.
The same Mechs which eventually make their way to purchasable for C-Bills.
Creating packages that present good value for money has been an on going goal.
Complete collections, Booster Packs, Legendary bundles, Monthly Free Mechs, more MC in Events, Dropship Deals, More Packs on Steam(with regional Pricing), annual rewards and Patch Science sales on rebalanced content have all been part of that initiative.

We completely understand where you are coming from on price point and with that in mind:
  • We have a shorter time to MC release on this mech (Start saving your event MC)
  • We can commit to a Free Platinum Version and platinum Skins unlock for the Annual Rewards Program for Package Purchasers
  • A Legendary version (timeline TBD)
  • A Bullshark as a Free monthly Mech timeline TBD)
I have to say thank you to everyone who plays MWO (for free or otherwise) we would not be here without your support.

#102 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Driven
  • Driven
  • 347 posts

Posted 04 May 2024 - 09:14 AM

View PostMechWpnsTech, on 03 May 2024 - 10:17 PM, said:

interesting...the design looks to what is meant to be mad cat 3 style but is maybe being renamed due to old copywrite hassles? currently wiki does not match it with correct info...

It doesnt even look like the mad cat III

Anyways, I cant wait to play this. It comes out the day AFTER my birthday, may 20th. Cant wait to pilot this bad boy, already preordered it!

View Postanyukakedvence, on 04 May 2024 - 07:12 AM, said:

I would not like to whining, but he is right. 70 USD for the ultimate package is a bit too much.

Please, try to revise it.

Thank you.

This has been a thing since near beginning of the game. Its fine

#103 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 634 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 04 May 2024 - 09:24 AM

View Postmartian, on 04 May 2024 - 08:46 AM, said:

As long as PGI finds enough people willing to pay such price, they have no reason to change anything.

Which means people with 4,5,3025x weaker currencies are screwed (I know that from my own experience; imagine paying 160 USD for a basic pack (number taken from FX-ing USD to PLN today, my own primary currency)).

#104 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 777 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 04 May 2024 - 10:14 AM

Mine! But not for cash, will wait a while.

(Timber for cash - after the purchase locked omnipods - then unlocked variant for more cash - never forget)

Edited by ExoForce, 04 May 2024 - 10:15 AM.

#105 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 634 posts

Posted 04 May 2024 - 10:58 AM

View PostRhaelcan, on 04 May 2024 - 09:09 AM, said:

Thumper is technically a canonical weapon

It is: Thumper Cannon – BattleTechWiki (sarna.net) / Thumper Artillery Piece – BattleTechWiki (sarna.net). Now add Davy Crockett, and good ol' glorius days of TheB33f's... artillery incidents would return. Posted Image

https://www.youtube....UIkqNKd_z8jOKy5

#106 Centurion Petreus

• Pip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 12 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 04 May 2024 - 11:08 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 04 May 2024 - 09:10 AM, said:

For better or worse our business model has been to have timed exclusivity on new mech content.
Complete collections, Booster Packs, Legendary bundles, Monthly Free Mechs, more MC in Events, Dropship Deals, More Packs on Steam(with regional Pricing), annual rewards and Patch Science sales on rebalanced content have all been part of that initiative.

We completely understand where you are coming from on price point and with that in mind:
  • We have a shorter time to MC release on this mech (Start saving your event MC)
  • We can commit to a Free Platinum Version and platinum Skins unlock for the Annual Rewards Program for Package Purchasers
I have to say thank you to everyone who plays MWO (for free or otherwise) we would not be here without your support.

Thanks, Matt!

PGI has aways provided 'less costly' options, if one waits a few months:

From the middle to the end of last March, with the sales & Event Loot Bags etc.,
I offered my Unit a 'Shopping Challenge'.
(Granted that I did start with a couple of thousand MC already 'in-the-bank', but)

Between discounted Legendary Mechs (Battle Pass MC!), Heroes/Champions on sale, and
even a couple regular chassis on sale for C-Bills, (Just because) ... then 're-investing' that & Loot Bag MC,
... I ended up with 25 chassis for US$80.00, ... or: about 1 tank of gas.
I'll enjoy 'spooling-up' the Skill Nodes on all those Mechs, even if it takes months!
Now I'm ready to buy, ... the next time "13 Mech Bays for $5.99" is on offer, lol!

#107 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,740 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 04 May 2024 - 11:22 AM

View PostRaffen Volt, on 03 May 2024 - 09:52 PM, said:

PGI is not going to change this, because it is a weakness that all Inner Sphere XL engines have. It's based on BattleTech lore and tabletop rules.

View PostRhaelcan, on 04 May 2024 - 09:05 AM, said:

What?

Lore, and as you mentioned tabletop rules, where weapon fire hits/location is based on 1 each weapon using dice, not TIC/Group fired weapons. And since it was a boardgame, FASA saw no reason to change the number of engine crits destroyed before the engine scram, shutting down. And the original engine was a STD that had only 6 engine slots, thus 50% of the engine shielding/components needed to be destroyed before a mech died.

And lore can be taken only so far. MWO has double the amount for both internal structure and armor points of lore/tabletop. Nor does MWO actually use the TT engine crit setup. Most of us are likely thankful for that, or those machine gun lights would be king :) But still, there is no reason for PGI have stuck with the 3-engine crit rule and only have it applied to the InnerSphere XL, while it technically takes both ST for the cXL/LFE which is 4 engine crits. Or course all of them, including STD, for 6 crits when the CT structure is depleted.

Heck, when Clans went live, for several months the only penalty they had were the destruction of both ST. There were no heat penalties, but when it was added it was only 20% before it was raised to 40%. Then the movement penalty was added much later. It may have been okay when clans had only Omnis in MWO but once Clan battlemechs were added, that definitely changed things up. And there had been a few times, including from Chris, of them looking into bringing the XL in-line with the other engines, allowing it to survive the loss of the first ST (i.e. removing that Flag).

And on my thoughts, it is not just getting XL to survive that loss but for the LFE/cXL to have better benefits, or lower percentage heat/movement penalties. The most engine change/penalty PGI added was removing the Heat Capacity from the top of the Heat Scale/bar, definitively punishing those who were running redline when they lost a ST in a LFE/cXL. While having the XL run with 40-45% penalty, cXL current 40% would be lowered to 25-30% and the LFE to 15-20% As for the movement penalties, if those penalties are not locked with the Heat Dissipation/bar percentage,
  • Does everyone benefit from the above changes?
    • Yes, except for those who enjoy ST check for XL on IS mechs (IS Omni guaranteed) :)
    • Clan will be able to run closer to the redline if/when at risk of a ST loss (the number of threads of when that Cap off the top change. geez )
    • Spheroids will now 2 main engine options dying to the lost of the first ST (unless redline, esp in a XL)
    • Likely more part time Spheroids who do no plan as often because of clans.
    • And I have noticed, during events, they come out of the woodwork, and I currently see more XL deaths then I do during non-event times.
Would this benefit PGI financially? The man-hours to make the changes vs the potential of more players buying those IS Omni mech packs, bringing back more players, especially Spheroid players and making them into potential buyers themselves? PGI is already putting in man-hours creating the IS Omnimechs, why not help strengthen their potential? Quirks/torso twisting will get one only so far, but it still ends up being, essentially 3 CT and only need to destroy one of them, and not even the actual CT.

#108 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 634 posts

Posted 04 May 2024 - 12:28 PM

I mean - with your options, you're a few magnitudes better than a greedy, predatory competition (yes, Gaijin and Wargaming Net, and a lot of chinese developers, talking about you), yet...

Otomo Pack and BHKU each costs 20 USD.

20 USD to PLN = 80,28 PLN.
On Steam (with "regional" pricing): 91,99 PLN (22,85 USD).

Tough luck for my currency...
Even when I've bought a pack or two, incl. MC's, because you were (back then, at least) worth it.

Edited by Ch_R0me, 04 May 2024 - 12:29 PM.

#109 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,240 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 04 May 2024 - 12:41 PM

View PostJep Jorgensson, on 03 May 2024 - 08:25 PM, said:

No thumper? Boo.

Cannot buy Clan variants separate from IS ones? Hard pass. I will wait until they come out for Cbills. Never bought an IS mech in my life and will certainly not be starting now.
same here i only bought a couple IS mechs because back then that's all we had.

View PostRaffen Volt, on 03 May 2024 - 09:52 PM, said:

PGI is not going to change this, because it is a weakness that all Inner Sphere XL engines have. It's based on BattleTech lore and tabletop rules.
and they never should

View PostCroaker Munin, on 04 May 2024 - 05:28 AM, said:

PGI please could you come back to a entry point price level?
I am all in on supporting you. But 40€ for the cheapest bundle comon, bring back the 20€ entry pack with just 3 Mechs and a warhorn.
For 40€ I get full games like Helldivers2 or Wartales.
note you need a steam and PSN account for helldivers.... steam cost 5 bucks if you want chat and PSN is free but having to have two accounts for one game???? With MWO you only need one account and steam is just another gateway.

#110 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,880 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 04 May 2024 - 01:21 PM

Posted Image

Been begging for this one for years. Shut up and take my money.

#111 CwStrife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 255 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 May 2024 - 04:44 PM

Thank you for all the years you have given players that love the game, such as myself... but I have to question the business model of $40 for the base pack and then $15 per hero and no discount for the ultimate pack. It doesn't really make sense.

I was interested till I saw the overall price of everything and said meh well I can wait till C-Bill variant and then it's free, which doesn't really help PGI. Perhaps this is just me.

The store itself is also really old and legacy. A good example is older heros like the Catapult ButterBee, The Archer Tempest, Warhammer Black Widow etc. are only purchasable by buying the entire pack of mechs in the store which will run you like $35+ or to use your ingame currency which makes it free. Everything seems to incentivize us as players to go into the MWO In-Game store and purchase things with our ingame currency instead of real money on the web store. Heros that are older should be purchasable seperate from the main pack at this point, as you can do so on the MWO store in game for in game currency. Sorry for being the negative nancy but i'd really love a web store overhaul. Even the mechbays you used to be able to purchase for cash on the store are gone, and those were incredibly useful....

It's great that you guys give out free stuff, it really is, we all love it, but i've been lost for a long time on why MWO really doesn't incentivize those monetary sales. The Legends were absolutely killer, and still are, the value they offer is great. Heck I can't say how many people I know have bought a HERO mech they couldn't buy with cash and reluctantly use the free MC they were given.

#112 Lepestok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,037 posts
  • LocationNizhniy Tagil

Posted 04 May 2024 - 07:13 PM

Stop releasing assaults

#113 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,671 posts

Posted 04 May 2024 - 10:00 PM

As a backer of HBS BattleTech and buyer of their DLC's, I'm glad that the Bullshark is in. For me though, there are 4 OmniMech Assaults (2 Clan and IS) I wanna see in MWO:

Inner Sphere Side:
Sunder - A Mechwarrior 3 and 4 Classic and a beast in MWO despite the XL Engine.
Hauptmann - A Mechwarrior 4 Mercs classic, Espouses Steiner Pride with the shades and the laser cigar.
Clan Side:
Turkina - Jade Falcon morale booster and adds a companion to the Executioner in the 95-ton clan slot.
Kingfisher - First Clan Omni that has an STD Engine.

Edited by Will9761, 08 May 2024 - 08:31 AM.

#114 Steel Shanks

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 69 posts
  • LocationConnaught, FWL

Posted 04 May 2024 - 10:00 PM

Though I do love this Mech in HBS BattleTech, it should have STAYED in HBS BattleTech...

PGI- "Let's take one of the RAREST MECHS in ALL of BattleTech Lore and Games, make 6 friggin variants, ( many with idiotic weapon loadouts, 4 PPC's sure why not ) and stick it in MWO for a sure-fire Cash Grab... Nah, it's not Pay to Win guys... It's fine... Legendary's and other Abominations are just fine, with their stupid loadouts, that cater to Meta, and the Cauldron, etc. with terrible Names, and stupid quirks... Who cares about Canon or Lore, or anything, as long as We get our Cash... Don't forget about the 37 DLC's ye need for MechWarrior 5 too kids... And here come the Clanners! A Game We should have made You years ago, but We gave ye the barely playable MW5 first...

Guys getting Blackrock Money now or something? The Game is already heavy on Assaults and Heavies, so ye go and make more Assaults and Heavies... Yer just the worst Developers for MechWarrior, I swear... Sigh...

#115 w0qj

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,570 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 04 May 2024 - 10:50 PM

Guys, let's stay positive... MWO makes new mech packs, and I for one am very excited!

MWO has been listening... just look at what's been actioned so far, vs a list that I've compiled from MWO players as below:

(Hint: MWO has been listening and doing things!)

Let's dream big!

MWO Timeline Expansion (the first one since the Civil War timeline expansion)

Omnimechs for Inner Sphere (with LE Light Engines)!
New Mech chassis such as Stone Rhino!
New Hero Atlas with ballistic Left Torso *and* Right Torso!
IS gets advanced ATM!, Binary Lasers,
IS gets Silver bullet gauss, Binary lasers or Hyper assault gauss (credits: Beffa)

Pseudo-melee weapons for IS mechs! (10-meter flamer type weapon with no heat, mech arms act with melee attack animation).

Clan gets advanced ER-Pulse-Laser, MRM, RAC, and PPC! New mech chassis!
Angel ECM! Bloodhound Active Probe! Clan set bonus relaxed to Set-of-7 (SO7)!

Premium Combat pets (Elemental, Elemental IIC, Pollux tanks, helicopters, etc.)!

More brand new maps!

Deepened Faction Play experience!

Love to dream big Posted Image

Edited by w0qj, 04 May 2024 - 10:53 PM.

#116 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,271 posts

Posted 04 May 2024 - 10:57 PM

View PostSteel Shanks, on 04 May 2024 - 10:00 PM, said:

Though I do love this Mech in HBS BattleTech, it should have STAYED in HBS BattleTech...

PGI- "Let's take one of the RAREST MECHS in ALL of BattleTech Lore and Games, make 6 friggin variants, ( many with idiotic weapon loadouts, 4 PPC's sure why not ) and stick it in MWO for a sure-fire Cash Grab...
Company offering its customers what they think that their customers would buy ...

How unexpected.

Nah, it's not Pay to Win guys... It's fine...
Why do not you wait to see the Bull Shark in the game, so you can judge if it really is a pay-to-win 'Mech or not?

Legendary's and other Abominations are just fine, with their stupid loadouts, that cater to Meta, and the Cauldron, etc. with terrible Names, and stupid quirks...
If you do no like Legendary 'Mechs, then just do not buy them.

Also, many Legendary 'Mechs have loadouts that are pretty far from meta.

It is as simple as that.

Who cares about Canon or Lore, or anything, as long as We get our Cash...
Some Legendary 'Mechs are based on canon BattleTech 'Mechs.

That sucks, does not it?

Don't forget about the 37 DLC's ye need for MechWarrior 5 too kids...
If you do not like MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries, then just do not buy the game.

If you do not like MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries expansion packs, then just do not buy them. The core game is playable even without them.

It is as simple as that.

And here come the Clanners! A Game We should have made You years ago, but We gave ye the barely playable MW5 first...
The originally intended MechWarrior 5 was planned to take place in the Inner Sphere in 3015, with no Clanners in sight.

Guys getting Blackrock Money now or something? The Game is already heavy on Assaults and Heavies, so ye go and make more Assaults and Heavies...
MWO has definitely no surplus of money to burn.

Yer just the worst Developers for MechWarrior, I swear... Sigh...
Just adding this to the long list of the things that you whine about.

#117 hardenum

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 May 2024 - 02:39 AM

View PostWill9761, on 04 May 2024 - 10:00 PM, said:

As a backer of HBS BattleTech and buyer of their DLC's, I'm glad that the Bullshark is in. For me though, there are 4 IS OmniMech Assaults I wanna see in MWO:

Inners Sphere Side:
Sunder - A Mechwarrior 3 and 4 Classic and a beast in MWO despite the XL Engine.
Hauptmann - A Mechwarrior 4 Mercs classic, Espouses Steiner Pride with the shades and the laser cigar.
Clan Side:
Turkina - Jade Falcon morale booster and adds a companion to the Executioner in the 95-ton clan slot.
Kingfisher - First Clan Omni that has an STD Engine.

I have to say first time hearing about Turkina but looking at it I like the unique look of it, on my bucket list from now on.

#118 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 05 May 2024 - 10:19 AM

View PostJep Jorgensson, on 03 May 2024 - 09:08 PM, said:

I was referring to the Mech Mortar that it mounts in Battletech, as many others also did. "Thumper" is the nickname for it.

There will be no thumper, sorry homie. As much as I think everyone would like it, it's just not possible with the current situation in MWO.

#119 Bookwyrm517

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 May 2024 - 10:56 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 03 May 2024 - 09:57 AM, said:

Unfortunately we don't have a Thumper in MWO Posted Image but you can bet when the Bullshark Challenge event happens you will have the opportunity to earn Arty Strikes in bulk!

Would it be too late to consider adding a +1 artillery strike slot quirk to any of the Bullshark Chassis? I know that's something usually given to light mechs, but I think it could be a good compromise.

#120 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,671 posts

Posted 05 May 2024 - 12:33 PM

I have to say, I have been enjoying the steady pace of MWO in regards to content. While I can't say anything about weapon balance since that always changes patch after patch, I enjoy the amount of stuff we've been getting. It's always nice to see new equipment, maps and mechs as a way to have a breath of fresh air instead of seeing the exact same stuff all the time. My main problem with this game was the stagnant pace its been in for a decade now and the lack of change. But at least things are changing for the better at this rate. I'm just glad I've been proven wrong with this and I hope PGI keeps up this pace because it makes me excited to play MWO again. It's a lot better than being a whiny, cynical, ingrate who moans about free content and wants to keep MWO down by living in the past and refusing change, that's for sure.

If I could tell you a list of things I never would have thought we could get, but was proven wrong, here would be my list.

I never would have thought that:
We would get the Hatchetman (despite lacking melee)
We would get new maps
We would get Jihad-era weapons
We would get new equipment like Shields and Supercharger
We would get IS OmniMechs

As for the Bullshark itself, as much as I love the design, I'll have to pass it up due to the $40 deal. If it was $20 for a Standard Pack and $40 for an Ultimate Pack, you would have gotten me. Still I am glad the Mech is here for those who played HBS BattleTech and their DLCs like me. I'll still get it for MC or C-bills though.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users