Head Shots

4 replies to this topic

#1 valt901

• PipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 91 posts

Posted 20 September 2024 - 06:16 PM

I have been head shot more times in the last two weeks than i have in the last two years. Anyone else noticing an increase in headshots. Someone must have made a new headshot bot again.

#2 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,061 posts

Posted 20 September 2024 - 06:27 PM

you didn't by chance make t2? that would do it.

head shots really aren't that hard to pull off with a little practice and the right build.

#3 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,570 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 20 September 2024 - 07:36 PM

MWO Comp... players are headshot training in QP Posted Image

https://mwomercs.com...hip-series-2024
https://mwomercs.com/packages/tsp-2024

Edited by w0qj, 20 September 2024 - 07:38 PM.

#4 kalashnikity

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 611 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:05 AM

Head shots are quite doable if you focus on doing them. Assaults are obviously a lot easier to hit. Pick your moment, AND FIND YOUR ZEN. My peak was two Atlas in one match, with 5x MPL Kit Fox. I was hanging out with an assault, so the Atlas didn't notice me, so I could take that moment to focus when they pushed around the corner and stopped for a moment. HEavy lasers are another good tool for getting a head shot. Other people use dual heavy gauss., YMMV

#5 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,738 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted Yesterday, 12:21 PM

View Postkalashnikity, on 21 September 2024 - 10:05 AM, said:

Head shots are quite doable if you focus on doing them. Assaults are obviously a lot easier to hit. Pick your moment, AND FIND YOUR ZEN. My peak was two Atlas in one match, with 5x MPL Kit Fox. I was hanging out with an assault, so the Atlas didn't notice me, so I could take that moment to focus when they pushed around the corner and stopped for a moment. HEavy lasers are another good tool for getting a head shot. Other people use dual heavy gauss., YMMV

This, and start training yourself to aim for the cockpit area instead of center mass. It takes time to build up that habit, but understand you are still hitting the CT if you do not get a headshot. Most of my headshots are from simply aiming for that general location with the intent of hitting the CT there than trying to hit the CT center mass where the area on many meds, esp humanoid mechs, are smaller. Though I do feel a tad sorry.. not really.. for ravens when they are peaking over something. Many of my headshots have been in such situations, and I was not even trying for the cockpit, it simply got in the way. :)

Learn the twisties, and not just left/right but a variation of up/down/left/right. think of it as shaking your head.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users