40 replies to this topic

#21 Ken Harkin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 365 posts
  • LocationLong Island, New York, USA

Posted Today, 05:27 AM

I applaud the attempt to address groups. Narrowing the tonnage range is an interesting approach and I am curious to see how it plays out.

Doing something to help streaks is good but there is ONE item they need more than anything else. Just like LRMs, ATMs, and Thunderbolts they need to be allowed to be dumb fired. It is moronic that they are the only guided missile which cannot be dumb fired and as long as they cannot be there is no same reason to take them. The prevalence of ECM and Stealth means your chances to use them are going to be severly limited and will require the investment of several tons in counter gear just to have a chance against ECM and still be damn near useless against Stealth.

#22 Valec

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 33 posts

Posted Today, 05:30 AM

View PostKen Harkin, on 22 October 2024 - 05:27 AM, said:

I applaud the attempt to address groups. Narrowing the tonnage range is an interesting approach and I am curious to see how it plays out.

Doing something to help streaks is good but there is ONE item they need more than anything else. Just like LRMs, ATMs, and Thunderbolts they need to be allowed to be dumb fired. It is moronic that they are the only guided missile which cannot be dumb fired and as long as they cannot be there is no same reason to take them. The prevalence of ECM and Stealth means your chances to use them are going to be severly limited and will require the investment of several tons in counter gear just to have a chance against ECM and still be damn near useless against Stealth.

If they could be dumbfired why would you ever take normal SRMs? Also you can counter them with the same weight as ECM, which is fair. BAP.

Edited by Valec, Today, 05:32 AM.

#23 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,581 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted Today, 05:43 AM

A job well done on MWO's 22-Oct patch, which is on time!
It was a pleasant surprise! ;)

All this despite MW:Clan's patch also coming out in these few days...
(I too had to do a double-take, to ensure that it's actually a MWO patch, and not a MW5:Clans patch...)

#24 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted Today, 05:49 AM

View PostValec, on 22 October 2024 - 03:51 AM, said:

and thus, my wallet is beyond PGI's reach.

Heh! Just hand out the free Hero/Special mech and the Loot Bags and skip the event.

#25 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 718 posts

Posted Today, 06:16 AM

nobody feels conflicted about the grand summoner?

#26 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,698 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted Today, 06:59 AM

Got my fingers crossed that they'll add the Grand Summoner D later on. Or it's arms.

Edited by Hawk819, Today, 06:59 AM.

#27 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 546 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted Today, 08:51 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 21 October 2024 - 05:10 PM, said:

GAMEPLAY ADJUSTMENTS
  • Quickplay map voting pool weights: All map weights are equalized. This means that each map now has the same chance to show up in the voting pool. After a period, we will analyze player voting data of which maps they want to play on to set new map weights.

As long as the multiplier functionality for map voting stays in, you'll never get good data. There'll be players voting for maps (and modes) that they think are unlikely to win the voting just to increase their multiplier.

#28 Corporal Adrian Shephard

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted Today, 09:43 AM

PGI add a field with artillery and air strike damage to the match statistics

#29 iamredleader

• PipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 57 posts
  • LocationAmstelveen

Posted Today, 09:58 AM

View PostCorporal Adrian Shephard, on 22 October 2024 - 09:43 AM, said:

PGI add a field with artillery and air strike damage to the match statistics

And I'd like to see how much team damage everyone has done.... I'd be quite interested to see who has done how much of that Posted Image

#30 Rebel Ace Fryslan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 445 posts
  • LocationAd Astra

Posted Today, 10:28 AM

Well patching doesn't work

#31 War Steiner

• PipPipPip
  • General III
  • General III
  • 96 posts
  • LocationTerceira, Azores, Portugal

Posted Today, 10:30 AM

Having a problem patching too. I get the message, "The servers are currently undergoing maintenance. Please try again later."

#32 DarkMatterz

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1 posts

Posted Today, 10:31 AM

30 mins after the patch dropped and maintenance ended (status shows online) and still can't login into the game - message says servers are still undergoing maintenance...

Edited by DarkMatterz, Today, 10:32 AM.

#33 ENOVA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 123 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted Today, 10:33 AM

LET me IN!
Posted Image

Edited by ENOVA, Today, 10:36 AM.

#34 Elias Baley

• PipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 59 posts

Posted Today, 10:35 AM

Same for us, We can't login . WEB says "ONLINE" but when trying to login we have the message: "Servers under maintenace"

Please. WORK ON IT

#35 Manboobs-sama

• PipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 31 posts

Posted Today, 10:38 AM

Looks like I'm not alone in this issue. Pls give me Grand Summoner jumpies, I NEED to fly.

#36 ENOVA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted Today, 10:41 AM

ok I'm in

#37 Exarch Jonah Levin

• PipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 21 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted Today, 10:52 AM

Don't get me wrong, no one is more excited than I am that for the first time ever, one of the Dark Age mech designs created by Wizkids has made it into an official MechWarrior game as something other than a mod.

However, please do literally anything to make it look like the Thor II. You already have the correct left arm model, at least just mirror it and put it on the right side, for goodness' sake.

#38 ENOVA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted Today, 11:21 AM

Not gonna blame u guys, nothing like that, but I'm posting this in case someone have bad ping now too. It could be easily my internet connection issue (but still - it wasn't a case last time I checked, before the patch, 2 days ago). I usually have EU 60-100, NA: 100-200, OC: 250

Posted Image

Edited by ENOVA, Today, 11:24 AM.

#39 Oriffel

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 46 posts

Posted Today, 12:48 PM

Tempting, and glad to see a mechs from the post-civil war era finally getting some attention. only 200 gsp for 4 mechs feels a bit light. ah well the xp boosting items can make up for that.

Are you guys ever gonna let us get those XP booting items ever again? they are super useful, an worth doing a pre-order for.
Or an event reward. may be too late for a mech of the month, is there going to be a halloween event? i really hope so, there's still time.

On an MW5 note, my star mates for some reason, love running up to, and often standing on a freshly downed mech that is going critical. You gotta fix that, its just frustratingly dumb. Worse, when the player controlled mech is downed and goes critical, they all rush in together to be near it like some attempted group suicide ritual. I honestly expected something like that to be QA'd during testing and fixed before release. Amour is just being melted off every few kills and its having an impact on getting through missions.

#40 Salladorn

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted Today, 12:58 PM

Hello, the notes refer to a science sale but i can't see anything in sale in game. What i'm missing? Thank you.

29 user(s) are reading this topic

4 members, 25 guests, 0 anonymous users