Art

7732 replies to this topic

#141 Dihm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,312 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 23 November 2011 - 07:40 PM

I don't understand how you have the patience to mask out the whole thing, because it's driving me nuts. I've managed to get the barrel of the AC for the Dragon done, and Photoshop has crashed on me twice already. ;)

#142 AlfalphaCat

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:06 PM

View Posthayden, on 23 November 2011 - 11:27 AM, said:

DAY OF THE DRAGON!

EDIT: Another from the FRR. 3rd Drakons. This scheme was a request, but era-appropriate resources were hard to find. This particular paint scheme is from much later, circa mid 3060s.
Posted Image

Thanks for viewing!

While I think this looks great, it shoud be light blue with gray and red accents. The 3rd use camo patterns as needed.
At the very bottom of the Sarna page of theirs it states this. http://www.sarna.net...rd_Drak%C3%B8ns

Edited by AlfalphaCat, 23 November 2011 - 10:07 PM.

#143 Hayden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 12:44 AM

View PostAlfalphaCat, on 23 November 2011 - 10:06 PM, said:

While I think this looks great, it shoud be light blue with gray and red accents. The 3rd use camo patterns as needed.
At the very bottom of the Sarna page of theirs it states this. http://www.sarna.net...rd_Drak%C3%B8ns

Based it off http://www.camospecs.../Unit.asp?ID=87

I couldn't find any canonical images for the unit, other than this. I've read about these other colors, but can't find images, so I'm not sure how they should look. This scheme is canon, just not for the 3049 time period.

#144 Dihm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,312 posts
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 24 November 2011 - 05:26 AM

We've been struggling to figure out what the KungsArme parade scheme really is. Doesn't seem to be anywhere on the internet. ;)

There's way too little for the FRR out there. We weren't around for very long. But, to quote the Kurgen, "better to burn out than to fade away!"

#145 Cyttorak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationAlbany, OR, USA

Posted 24 November 2011 - 11:27 AM

View PostDihm, on 24 November 2011 - 05:26 AM, said:

We've been struggling to figure out what the KungsArme parade scheme really is. Doesn't seem to be anywhere on the internet. ;)

There's way too little for the FRR out there. We weren't around for very long. But, to quote the Kurgen, "better to burn out than to fade away!"

I think the KungsArme is the whole FRRs forces, like the AFFS is the whole of the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns. Schemes come from the regimental level, from groups like 3rd Drakon and 1st Tyr.

Here's a link to the Sarna.net page for the KungsArme.

Edited by Cyttorak, 24 November 2011 - 11:38 AM.

#146 Armored Yokai

• IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 1,950 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 25 November 2011 - 02:47 PM

Hey Hayden your art is fantastic and amazing and really cool. ;) yet i have a request can you please edit the Dragons art to look like this
http://camospecs.com/Unit.asp?ID=21
or this
http://camospecs.com/Unit.asp?ID=754

#147 Kevin Kirov

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 03:33 PM

Would you be able to mod a Dragon to a Grand Dragon of Clan Goliath Scorpion?
That would be awesome-er!
This is all some good looking stuff

#148 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 06:45 PM

Thanks All!

View PostCementblade, on 25 November 2011 - 02:47 PM, said:

Hey Hayden your art is fantastic and amazing and really cool. ;) yet i have a request can you please edit the Dragons art to look like this
http://camospecs.com/Unit.asp?ID=21
or this
http://camospecs.com/Unit.asp?ID=754

You can expect to see something come down the pipe soon. EDIT: And remember: without Alex Iglesias' sublime concept art and approval, I wouldn't be able to make anything like this.

View PostKevin Kirov, on 25 November 2011 - 03:33 PM, said:

Would you be able to mod a Dragon to a Grand Dragon of Clan Goliath Scorpion?
That would be awesome-er!
This is all some good looking stuff

I'm actually toying with an idea regarding something like this. Um, here's a hint: if you have it, look at page 155 in the 3060 TRO from 1998.

View PostCyttorak, on 24 November 2011 - 11:27 AM, said:

I think the KungsArme is the whole FRRs forces, like the AFFS is the whole of the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns. Schemes come from the regimental level, from groups like 3rd Drakon and 1st Tyr.

Here's a link to the Sarna.net page for the KungsArme.

Yeah, I read somewhere that prior to the clan invasion all units in the KungsArme used identical schemes... I'm not sure where I saw that though, or if it's even canonical.

EDIT:

View Postoswin aurelius, on 25 November 2011 - 07:40 PM, said:

I know this is kind of a strange combination, but could you do up a Dragon in[color=#000000]Clan Cloud Cobra's Gamma Galaxy? I'm not a Clanner myself, but I've been obsessed with anything Egyptian since I was a kid.[/color]

http://camospecs.com...ure.asp?ID=2482

Just wait a little bit. I'll give you something a bit more suited to the clans than a dragon.

Edited by hayden, 25 November 2011 - 07:46 PM.

#149 Oswin Aurelius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hawk
  • The Hawk
  • 808 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWhitmore Lake, MI

Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:40 PM

I know this is kind of a strange combination, but could you do up a Dragon in Clan Cloud Cobra's Gamma Galaxy? I'm not a Clanner myself, but I've been obsessed with anything Egyptian since I was a kid.

http://camospecs.com...ure.asp?ID=2482

Edited by oswin aurelius, 25 November 2011 - 08:17 PM.

#150 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:56 PM

Hello and Thanks!

More on 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 and 7.

First for tonight, in the spirit of the "kitbash" 'mechs that I've cobbled together from Alex's work, I present my attempt at a Great Wyrm. This is a second line clan Battlemech built in the 29th century and based off the Dragon design. The two are supposed to look very similar, though the Great Wyrm is 15 tons lighter. Weapons include 2 UAC/2s in the right arm, a CASE-less LRM 10 in the center torso, and both the left torso and right torso carry a medium and an small ER laser. This one is painted as a 'Mech in from the Beta galaxy of clan Goliath Scorpion. The nose art says "Mandrill Buster", a reference to Goliath Scorpion's antagonists, clan Fire Mandrill.
Posted Image

EDIT: Clan Cloud Cobra, Gamma Galaxy.
Posted Image

EDIT: Clan Blood Spirit, Upsilon Provisional Galaxy. Battle damaged.
Posted Image

EDIT: Last one for tonight. Requested Fiefdom of Randis Hunchback.
Posted Image

EDIT: 2nd Sword of Light. Basic modifications done to make it a "grand dragon" (I.E. I threw a third laser on ;) )
Posted Image

EDIT: Federated Suns Armored Cavalry Hunchback. Per request.
Posted Image

EDIT: 4th Marik Militia Hunchback. The 4th a special case, because they use a different paint scheme. Unlike the normal purple base with red and blue highlights, the 4th uses a blue and gray scheme.
Posted Image

EDIT: 10th Deneb Light Cavalry. The Dragon is really a DC 'Mech, but because of frequent skirmishes between the Combine and Federated Commonwealth, it seems likely that at least a few would find their way into the hands of the Federated Commonwealth I'm not a big FedCom fan, but I haven't done a 'mech for them yet so, here we go.
Posted Image

EDIT: Lexington Combat Group, 32nd Regon Combat Group. Text on the nose art reads "Fighting Lady Light". I came up with the name a few years ago when I was working overseas. I was on a big Jefferson Starship kick, and kept listening to the song "Fading Lady Light" (among others), but when I first heard it I mistook "Fading" for "Fighting." Anyway, I figured it out eventually, but at the time thought it would be a great name to use on something with big guns.
Posted Image

EDIT: Atlas from House Lu Sann of the Capellan Confederation.
Posted Image

Thanks for watching!

Edited by hayden, 29 November 2011 - 04:50 AM.

#151 Oswin Aurelius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hawk
  • The Hawk
  • 808 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:04 PM

I don't know what it is, but almost every mech I've seen with ballistics for their main armament end up looking WAY cooler than missile or energy weapon mechs. I can't tell what I like more, Alex's designs or your kitbashes. XD

#152 ELHImp

Com Guard

• 1,846 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 26 November 2011 - 02:47 AM

Great wyrm pic
Posted Image

#153 Mekorig

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 06:09 AM

I like it a lot, thanks hayden!

#154 Cyttorak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationAlbany, OR, USA

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:21 AM

So I'm working on the Jaeger, but a few things:
1) I'm not a professional graphics artist
2) I'm using Corel Paint Shop Pro, not Adobe Photoshop...some of the funtionality is different or missing.
3) This scheme is intricate, just like painting the minis! (there's a reason so few Jaegers have been done over the years on CSO!)

What I have so far looks good though, and I'll post it when I'm done.

#155 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 11:08 AM

View PostCyttorak, on 26 November 2011 - 10:21 AM, said:

So I'm working on the Jaeger, but a few things:
1) I'm not a professional graphics artist
2) I'm using Corel Paint Shop Pro, not Adobe Photoshop...some of the funtionality is different or missing.
3) This scheme is intricate, just like painting the minis! (there's a reason so few Jaegers have been done over the years on CSO!)

What I have so far looks good though, and I'll post it when I'm done.

Honestly, I admire your effort. It's exciting when folks put up their take on things and I hope others try to get into it. The whole thing is a learning process, so if you can pick up a few things on this project, you will definitely do better the next time. Keep plugging away, I'm excited to see what you come up with.

#156 Oswin Aurelius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hawk
  • The Hawk
  • 808 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 05:03 PM

Love the Gamma Galaxy Dragon, thanks!

#157 Armored Yokai

• IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 1,950 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:05 PM

Aww no dragon with completely black with interstellar or DC 2nd sword of light?

#158 cheese

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationNaples FL

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:52 PM

I'm loving the redesign of the Jenner. The paint schemes are gorgeous, too.

#159 kevin roshak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 304 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:10 PM

Very cool, thanks.

#160 Tannhauser Gate

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 1,302 posts
  • LocationAttack ship off the Shoulder of Orion

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:36 PM

Great stuff. If anything this will spark ideas for more customization options on our mechs. This kind of personalization is what people want. Your unit having its own colors is one of the immersive details that go a long way.

Edited by lakedaemon, 27 November 2011 - 04:36 PM.

17 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 17 guests, 0 anonymous users