Formerly Clan Sea Fox Thread, Now Random!

1961 replies to this topic

#1 Rabbit Blacksun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 664 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAround the world ...

Posted 13 January 2012 - 01:00 AM

So I have noticed an abundance of
Clan Jade Falcon
Clan Wolf
Clan Ghost bear
Clan Snow Raven
Cant tell me that no one is here yet from Clan Sea fox (that would be Clan Daimond Shark for those who came late) and eventually went back to Clan Sea Fox in 3100.  
We may not have a home but our duty remains.

#2 Ravn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 538 posts
  • LocationMN or ID or...Middle East

Posted 13 January 2012 - 01:07 AM

View PostRabbit Blacksun, on 13 January 2012 - 01:00 AM, said:

We may not have a home but our duty remains.

To sit in the rear with the gear... with your best friends the Snow Ravens!?

Edited by Ravn, 13 January 2012 - 01:08 AM.

#3 Rabbit Blacksun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 664 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 01:21 AM

see... i knew it was a bad thing that i didnt lock the door ...
Though I cant complain overly much ... i  sit in the rear anyway ... where do you think those missiles come from
XD

#4 Coralld

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:17 AM

I like the Sea Fox's, one of the few clan's I actually like to be honest. PLUSE!! They trade heavily with House Davion. Also, for those that mock Clan Sea Fox, do remember that while some other clans are out there playing war, Clan Sea fox is not just suppling one side but they may also be supplying the other side, so for the Sea Fox's, they don't really care who wins as they are making it rain C-Bills all up in here.

#5 Rabbit Blacksun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 664 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:36 AM

Damn skippy ...

We are the ultimate merchant and merc Clan out there... Course not to mention ... We dont exactly have a home world ... so we are rather hard to invade.

Offering the services of information, technology, fighting forces, equipment ... and most recently ... ponies... also holder of the one and only Waffle Cakes ... perhapes an end the waffle and pancake battle for all times.

In seriousness though, many see sea fox's as a weaker clan due to our lack of planets, though what they dont see is the fact that we are also arbitrators for disputes, we roam where we please when we please, and with the exception of the snow ravens who used a modified animal to kill off our totem we hold no grudges to any one.

#6 swamp hag

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Participant
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:57 AM

I love Clan Sea Fox - it always struck me as B.S. that they would switch their name. After all, Snow Raven engineered the Diamond Shark to kill the Sea Foxes ... Never made any sense. I was stoked when they changed it back.

Also, Hunters of the Deep was a really cool book.

Edited by glory, 14 January 2012 - 11:57 AM.

#7 Coralld

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:59 AM

View PostRabbit Blacksun, on 14 January 2012 - 11:36 AM, said:

Damn skippy ...

We are the ultimate merchant and merc Clan out there... Course not to mention ... We dont exactly have a home world ... so we are rather hard to invade.

Offering the services of information, technology, fighting forces, equipment ... and most recently ... ponies... also holder of the one and only Waffle Cakes ... perhapes an end the waffle and pancake battle for all times.

In seriousness though, many see sea fox's as a weaker clan due to our lack of planets, though what they dont see is the fact that we are also arbitrators for disputes, we roam where we please when we please, and with the exception of the snow ravens who used a modified animal to kill off our totem we hold no grudges to any one.

I so want a geneticly engineered super ponie.

Also, when it comes to clan squawbals, who is there to play the roll of the ref? Sea Fox. Who is by far the richest and most better off clan? Sea Fox. Who can basicly go any where with people actually going yay instead of boo? Sea Fox. Who can roll around the Inner Sphere and clan space like a boss? Thats right, mother ****ing Sea Fox.

Edited by Coralld, 14 January 2012 - 12:00 PM.

#8 Rabbit Blacksun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 664 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:07 PM

See eventually people would find us ... (me T.T) again ... hopefully the love will come and we can get more ... progressively minded ... individuals and make this clan real. Besides its a whole new universe ... never know maybe this time Sea Fox wont get a name change .. even if it does get changed back.

Thing that stoked me about Sea Fox's was the fact that they where literally a mercanary clan, sure they had the rules and such but they where the most progressive and open with their style of ruleing, granted, they had more of a merchant style to them their warrior caste was not one to be laughed at ... Only reason i can see Snow Raven using such a sneaky trick as inroducing an engineered critter to kill our totems.

Still the Clan would seem to be the most Resilient for MW:O becaouse of the fact that we dont end up with many planets, though we do have several enclaves on several planets most of our people live in space on mobile ships, so not like we are going to be very common in this universe :)

Still its damn good to see some love out there for this little known and little played clan. ^.^

#9 Rabbit Blacksun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 664 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:09 PM

View PostCoralld, on 14 January 2012 - 11:59 AM, said:

I so want a geneticly engineered super ponie. Who can roll around the Inner Sphere and clan space like a boss? Thats right, mother ****ing Sea Fox.

Just had to quote those two parts ...

One genetically engineered pony for you good sir.

and all i gotta say to the next part ...

Like a boss

#10 Coralld

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:25 PM

Yeah, super ponie for the win... I get the feeling that some one some where is getting ready to slap a My Little Ponie picture on this thread.

In any case, Clan Sea Fox is also awesome because they appear to lack the egotistical narcasisiom that seems to be pervasive with the rest of the other Clans which makes them also more like-able.

It just struck me... Clan Sea Fox is kinda like the Quarions in Mass Effect as they to rome around space in HUGE floatilas, but are far more bad ***.

I have and read Hunters of the Deep. Great book indeed.

Edited by Coralld, 14 January 2012 - 12:30 PM.

#11 Rabbit Blacksun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 664 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:43 PM

LOL

yeah was actually the first book that got me seriously interested in the clan, even though I played them table top on more then a few occasions and it was because of the fact that they where not as ... umm ... egotistical ... then i got all butt hurt when they turned into the diamond sharks but still got alot of play out of them as we rolled with the play as a splinter faction that kept the original designation lol.

Still looking forwards to playing them again and forming up the splinter group that keeps the name :)

but in the end i have a feeling it will be only a very small few who play them since they are not as well known as bears falcons ravens or wolves.

Either way ...

#12 Coralld

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:33 AM

Another thing which I find interesting about Clan Sea Fox is that many of the Clan tech, mostly mechs, were developed by Sea Fox's. The only other Clans that are highly inventive are Clan Coyote and Clan Wolverine.

#13 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:46 AM

View PostCoralld, on 15 January 2012 - 08:33 AM, said:

Another thing which I find interesting about Clan Sea Fox is that many of the Clan tech, mostly mechs, were developed by Sea Fox's. The only other Clans that are highly inventive are Clan Coyote and Clan Wolverine.

Thats not really true at all. Sure, the Sea Fox scientist helped to create and perfect the iron wombs and also helped Clan Coyote to develop the omni mech. But the more important developments ("important" in a military way) came from the other clans (ER & pulse lasers by the Cloud Cobras, Ultra AC20 by the Steel Vipers for example).

#14 Coralld

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:49 AM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 15 January 2012 - 08:46 AM, said:

Thats not really true at all. Sure, the Sea Fox scientist helped to create and perfect the iron wombs and also helped Clan Coyote to develop the omni mech. But the more important developments ("important" in a military way) came from the other clans (ER & pulse lasers by the Cloud Cobras, Ultra AC20 by the Steel Vipers for example).

Yeah your right about that. So I wasnt 100% right but I wasnt a 100% wrong on it either.

#15 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 15 January 2012 - 09:04 AM

View PostCoralld, on 15 January 2012 - 08:49 AM, said:

Yeah your right about that. So I wasnt 100% right but I wasnt a 100% wrong on it either.

Absolutly. I remember two more important inventions done by Sea Fox scientists: The Chatterweb and HarJel (though I don't know if they just found the substance or really did something with it).

#16 Coralld

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 15 January 2012 - 09:37 AM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 15 January 2012 - 09:04 AM, said:

Absolutly. I remember two more important inventions done by Sea Fox scientists: The Chatterweb and HarJel (though I don't know if they just found the substance or really did something with it).

I have no idea as they didn't go into great detail about that to my knowlage.

#17 Rabbit Blacksun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 664 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 09:41 AM

either way your both pointing out stuff from a clan that most dont even think of as playing any significant role in BT/MW lore when in fact a rather large chunk of it is from them.

either way, dont think i would have given up the name of sea fox reguardless of what the han would have said.

>_> but im sorta renegade like that ^.^ take pride in what you do and who you are and all that

#18 Coralld

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 15 January 2012 - 09:53 AM

Thats very true Rabbit. Speeking of heavily indirect infulances in BT/MW lore, I just found out that it was Sea Fox that made the Mad Cat II and III. The MK III was sold to the IS mostly because the other Clans threw a fit about the MK III designe as it was "against Nicholas Kerensky battle field teachings" or some such. But in good old Sea Fox fasion, not a 'F' was given that day and so sold it to the IS.

#19 Rabbit Blacksun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 664 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 10:07 AM

ah yes ... the little known clan moto ...

and on that day not a single F was given ...

Course i do have to note that Clan Sea Fox often had the more "radical and progressive" thinking out of all the clans and while this may have proven unwise in a purely clan locked enviroment it did make them the most survivable and allowed them to stick to their guns.

though a difference does have to be pointed out about their time during the name change and then afterwards so I can see it being highly probably that there are going to be faction splits on how people see the Sea Fox's and even how Sea Fox's themselves operate in MW:O

That being said ... Hopefully they wont forget about us :D

who am I kidding ... even if they did ... we cant let them forget us :D

#20 Coralld

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 15 January 2012 - 10:17 AM

View PostRabbit Blacksun, on 15 January 2012 - 10:07 AM, said:

ah yes ... the little known clan moto ...

and on that day not a single F was given ...

Course i do have to note that Clan Sea Fox often had the more "radical and progressive" thinking out of all the clans and while this may have proven unwise in a purely clan locked enviroment it did make them the most survivable and allowed them to stick to their guns.

though a difference does have to be pointed out about their time during the name change and then afterwards so I can see it being highly probably that there are going to be faction splits on how people see the Sea Fox's and even how Sea Fox's themselves operate in MW:O

That being said ... Hopefully they wont forget about us :D

who am I kidding ... even if they did ... we cant let them forget us :P

Exactly.

All I know is that when the clans show up in MW:O I will be oh so thrilled as to kill some Jade Falcons as I HATE them the most out of any other Clans. At least with the Sea Fox's they don't appear in the IS untill the battle of Tukkiad, which they lost, but I personely think they through that fight away to come up with some buisness deal with the Com Guard. :D

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users