#81 Ashrok

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 137 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:46 PM

As previous poster have stated, I think a small amount of 'Mechs at launch is fine, as long as the customization is all there, and there's enough variety among the available 'Mechs.

Can't wait 'till this gets out!

#82 Omigir

Can I have a hug? :(

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:49 PM

View PostOmigir, on 27 January 2012 - 12:46 PM, said:

Honestly, I think you all are just being picky. Its not what you wanted so now you are making a bizzar extrapolation that you yourself cant even define. I been reading through this whole thing and No one can give me a solid complaint other than "NO WANT HANDS" or "MECHA BAD" Are you kidding me? There are 3 threads that this debate is flaming up over just becuase they made the centurion no long have a neck. Only change to the centurion. that is it. Other then that, it got the same 'upgrades' in visuals the Hunchback did. So what, it has a 'claw' hand. Do you know how complicated the human hand is to emulate? We still cant do it with even today technology.

Suck it up and get over your self ritious 'anti anime' selves and realise that is not where MW:O is going.

#83 Paladin1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts
  • LocationCapellan March, Federated Suns

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:49 PM

View PostZakatak, on 27 January 2012 - 12:41 PM, said:

Posted Image

More like

Battletech: Serious Business.

#84 Rabbit Blacksun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 664 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAround the world ...

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:50 PM

always thought atlas being a badass was the fact it was a 100t and could step on light mechs ... plus its rather large weapons load out ... never played it as something that i could punch with >.<

#85 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:52 PM

View PostPaladin1, on 27 January 2012 - 12:49 PM, said:

More like

Battletech: Serious Business.

We need FD to make a Atlas with the same sort of expression and fist clenched in the air, and have that as the caption.

#86 Paladin1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:53 PM

Punch with an Atlas? Hell, you can give one a lead pipe.

Posted Image

That's actually one of my favorites from FD's page.

#87 Paladin1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:54 PM

View PostCoffiNail, on 27 January 2012 - 12:52 PM, said:

We need FD to make a Atlas with the same sort of expression and fist clenched in the air, and have that as the caption.

See above, he's already done it. Bronies and all...

Edited by Paladin1, 27 January 2012 - 12:54 PM.

#88 Rabbit Blacksun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 664 posts

MECHa ... MECHwarrior ... srsly .. you kids lol

get over it the designs look a hell of alot better then they have in years, so gives a flying rats *** you dont like it dont use it, Or if you would prefer i can refer you to BT 3015/3025 (not sure which one it was but the lams where in it along with the locust rifleman etc etc) so suck it up and drive on.

#89 Brakkyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

I could never stand 'Mechs with one hand. They looked so unbalanced. Either give them two hands or two "gunbarrel" hands, but not one of each.

#90 hoax

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:56 PM

I tend to agree with the poster on this topic. The IS does have a lot of 'mechs that do have slender, Gundam-esque profiles. I have always preferred Clan mechs. I don't have an issue with the "humanoid-ness" of the 'mechs. But the Clanner 'mechs look meaner, thicker, and more like a walking death machine. Even if they have hands they look like they want to turn your cockpit into a tomb. Although I must say, the development team has done a good job of making the IS 'mechs look nastier, the Centurion being a prime example.

Edit: Like, even Clan lights and mediums look meaner than the IS. The Adder, Kit Fox, Stormcrow. Even if the thing is little it looks like it's a doombringer, hands or not.

Edited by hoax, 27 January 2012 - 01:07 PM.

#91 Zakatak

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,673 posts
  • LocationCanadastan

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:58 PM

View PostCoffiNail, on 27 January 2012 - 12:52 PM, said:

Will this do?

Posted Image

#92 Paladin1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:59 PM

View Posthoax, on 27 January 2012 - 12:56 PM, said:

I tend to agree with the poster on this topic. The IS does have a lot of 'mechs that do have slender, Gundam-esque profiles. I have always preferred Clan mechs. I don't have an issue with the "humanoid-ness" of the 'mechs. But the Clanner 'mechs look meaner, thicker, and more like a walking death machine. Even if they have hands they look like they want to turn your cockpit into a tomb. Although I must say, the development team has done a good job of making the IS 'mechs look nastier, the Centurion being a prime example.

Exactly, the Clanners have this `Mech look thing down...

Posted Image

...except when they don't.

Please don't make me whip out the 3055TRO...

#93 Rabbit Blacksun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 664 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:01 PM

-sigh-

time for a brief history lesson ...

When battletech/mechwarrior first came out alot of the "mecha" that where invisioned where from japanese anime (some of you are correct on this point) how ever ... gundam wing wasnt even a dream at that point, and the only thing that had been released with any success was Robotech (hence the similiarities with some of the design concepts) i am not gunna go into the whole whether it was stolen or not debate cause i honestly dont care.

I see them both as seperate entities. so stop arguing over the stupid stuff :lol:

#94 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:03 PM

View PostZakatak, on 27 January 2012 - 12:58 PM, said:

Will this do?

Posted Image

Nice one! I was working on one while you did that, Now we have two.

Posted Image

#95 Arbalister

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 254 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:03 PM

View PostPaladin1, on 27 January 2012 - 12:22 PM, said:

It's not just Inner Sphere designs that go back to the TT game, all of these designs came from the TT game, including the non-humanoid ones like the Vulture and Mad Cat. Yes, most of these designs are humanoid but there's a great number of them that aren't, especially if you consider the quads like the Scorpion and Goliath and chicken-walkers like the Locust and Marauder.

Yeah, I wasn't clear - I meant that the newer "look" for some were more a product of trying to make 'em work in a digital format through the various iterations of computer games. :-P

#96 Paladin1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:07 PM

Sweet, a new desktop background!

#97 Zakatak

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,673 posts
  • LocationCanadastan

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:09 PM

View PostCoffiNail, on 27 January 2012 - 01:03 PM, said:

Nice one! I was working on one while you did that, Now we have two.

Posted Image

:lol:

You even got the font!

Agreed with Aegis. The MW4 Catapult was a incredibly stupid design, with the cockpit front, big, flat and centre of the torso. Now it looks like a Mi-28N Havok with legs!

Edited by Zakatak, 27 January 2012 - 01:09 PM.

#98 Paladin1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:11 PM

View PostArbalister, on 27 January 2012 - 01:03 PM, said:

Yeah, I wasn't clear - I meant that the newer "look" for some were more a product of trying to make 'em work in a digital format through the various iterations of computer games. :-P

Actually I don't think it's that. The newer "look" had more to do with how the early models were generated and put into production by Ral Partha. I know for a fact that several of the older designs had serious, shall we say "problems", with being made into minis due to a number of issues in direct relation to their point of origin. Those made after a certain point in the timeline (3055) were produced with these limitations in mind and have resulted, over time, in the newer designs we know now.

Even the Clan Omnis underwent this change. The early Omnis were much thinner and slender than they appear now, especially the very first batches to be made into minis. I couldn't tell you how many Vultures I've seen with broken arms and legs because of this.

#99 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:12 PM

View PostZakatak, on 27 January 2012 - 01:09 PM, said:

:wacko:

You even got the font!

Here have some old style font as well

Posted Image

Hope you do not mind FD :lol:

Edited by CoffiNail, 27 January 2012 - 01:13 PM.

#100 Paladin1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:15 PM

Ooooooh, I likey likey. Same style font as on the old 3025 TRO cover. Want a Future of Warfare Atlas to work with, or stick with FD's Atlas?

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users