Most powerful Clan 'Mech ton for ton?

167 replies to this topic

#121 keith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

with the way MWO is working. hunchy IIc is going to be nasty ton for ton. double tap those daul UAC20 thats 80 dam to a ct.

#122 Spr1ggan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,162 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:21 AM

For this time period and best ton for ton, i'd have to say the Timber Wolf, an absolute beast of a mech. Fast, agile, and hard hitting, what more could you want from a mech?

Edited by McHarg, 07 April 2013 - 04:21 AM.

#123 Brandon Howell

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationSuisun City, California

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:26 AM

The most powerful mech Ton for Ton I would have to say would be the DireWolf. It is an awesome mech that can carry a stupendous loadout.

As for the second in the line up I would have to say the Timberwolf. It has a perfect mix of weapons for all ranges and in this time frame carries more firepower than most inner sphere assault mechs.

#124 Skadi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:35 PM

View PostKiiyor, on 30 March 2013 - 10:14 PM, said:

My vote goes to the Hellstar.

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Hellstar

4 ERPPCs.

In the TT, it's borderline unbeatable, and can fire forever. It's translation into MWO won't be as heat neutral, but it would still be badass.

Hellstar is going to be replicateable with the atlas when we get clantech... atlas RS + 4 C-ERPPC's + C-Endo Steel + C-XL Engine + C-DHS's. (and yes we know there will be cross tech, it will be in a separate game mode than truetech)

#125 Fabian Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:33 PM

In TT i played out a daish with 5x large pulse lasere and a target computer and it was nasty

#126 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:42 PM

View PostSkadi, on 07 April 2013 - 12:35 PM, said:

Hellstar is going to be replicateable with the atlas when we get clantech... atlas RS + 4 C-ERPPC's + C-Endo Steel + C-XL Engine + C-DHS's. (and yes we know there will be cross tech, it will be in a separate game mode than truetech)

We "know" nothing. No such comment was ever made, and it would be a nightmare for balancing purposes besides which. At least you can legitimately balance clan machines on quantity of mechs. Plus, you can never stick clan endo on an Atlas or clan engines in an atlas. IS machines never got mixtech options for their internals and engines, unlike clan weapons being hotwired into IS mechs. Not even in the books.

#127 keith

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:57 PM

View PostSkadi, on 07 April 2013 - 12:35 PM, said:

if they do that, they can put that with the 3rd person idiots.

#128 Ashnod

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,636 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:38 PM

View PostCCC Dober, on 04 March 2012 - 02:07 PM, said:

The Masakari would like to dispute your claims, especially when it's linked to a Targetting Computer and a pilot that is impervious to heat. Just sayin' :P

Hellstar is a straight upgrade to the Warhawk

I would have to say the newest savage wolf with its advanced missile housing or the dire wolf A are the over all meanest mechs the clans field but over all it depends on the situation for which mech is best. With that said my all time favorite clan assault is the executioner and its perfect blend of maneuverability, armor and firepower - an extremely great duelist in zellbrigen.

Also IMO it seems a lot of people in here know nothing about TT..

Any fusion engine clan mech is quite monstrous as well.

Edited by Ashnod, 07 April 2013 - 02:43 PM.

#129 Skadi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:29 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 07 April 2013 - 01:42 PM, said:

We "know" nothing. No such comment was ever made, and it would be a nightmare for balancing purposes besides which. At least you can legitimately balance clan machines on quantity of mechs. Plus, you can never stick clan endo on an Atlas or clan engines in an atlas. IS machines never got mixtech options for their internals and engines, unlike clan weapons being hotwired into IS mechs. Not even in the books.

Your realy going to make me dig for this crap arnt you... (might not even bother, it would take me ages to dig it up)

Edited by Skadi, 07 April 2013 - 03:30 PM.

#130 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:48 AM

If you are referring to IS mechs with entirely clan structure, armor, and engines, then you are thinking IIC mechs, which are entirely separate entities to the original Inner Sphere mechs. They were purpose built from the ground up, with the possible exception being the Com IIC, which is practically non-existent.

If you are referring to the "mixtech will be in" bit, then, yeah, a source is pretty damned important since it completely screws with game balance and the flavor of the factions. Perhaps in two years we might get mixtech, but it is not happening for quite some time.

#131 Karenai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 340 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:16 AM

Warhawk and Nova.

I refuse to acknowledge the existence of the so called dark age.

#132 Natasha Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 244 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:10 AM

Ton for ton it would be the Nova. 12x ER Medium Lasers. Only 50 Tons.

Edited by Natasha Kerensky, 08 April 2013 - 08:12 AM.

#133 Burnsidhe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:09 PM

The Nova has the problem of accidentally blowing up due to overheating shutdowns and the prompt vaporization of the mech by the enemy.

Personally, I prefer the Hellbringer (effectively an omnimech Warhammer) or the Mad Dog. You actually have to make design compromises with those omnimechs.

The Timberwolf is a classic, plenty of pod space and very versatile. The issue I have with it is that it is *bulky* and easy to hit.

The Summoner is also pretty good. It's effectively an Omnimech Thunderbolt.

Edited by Burnsidhe, 09 April 2013 - 05:18 PM.

#134 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:17 PM

Honestly, I never understood the draw of the Summoner. It always seemed under-armed to me. And not by just a little bit, either. What draws people to it?

#135 Stingray Productions

• 1,906 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:39 PM

View PostKarenai, on 08 April 2013 - 07:16 AM, said:

Warhawk and Nova.

I refuse to acknowledge the existence of the so called dark age.

Couldn't be more right, the Warhawk and the Nova are the best!!! ;)

#136 Trecor

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:55 AM

#137 Macheiron

• PipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 86 posts
  • LocationAnnapolis, MD

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:12 PM

Piranha 2, 50 damage from 20 tons of mech. Highest damage/tonnage ratio in the game, all other arguments are invalid.

That said, The Stormcrow is a good contender.

#138 Moromillas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • LocationSecret **** moon base

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:22 PM

The biggest necro I've seen yet. Jesus.

#139 Ashnod

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,636 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:05 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 08 April 2013 - 03:48 AM, said:

If you are referring to IS mechs with entirely clan structure, armor, and engines, then you are thinking IIC mechs, which are entirely separate entities to the original Inner Sphere mechs. They were purpose built from the ground up, with the possible exception being the Com IIC, which is practically non-existent.

If you are referring to the "mixtech will be in" bit, then, yeah, a source is pretty damned important since it completely screws with game balance and the flavor of the factions. Perhaps in two years we might get mixtech, but it is not happening for quite some time.

Innersphere mech's received clan tech field upgrades in like operation bulldog / TF Serpent

View PostNatasha Kerensky, on 08 April 2013 - 08:10 AM, said:

Ton for ton it would be the Nova. 12x ER Medium Lasers. Only 50 Tons.

I prefer the S config in tabletop

View PostPariah Devalis, on 09 April 2013 - 06:17 PM, said:

Honestly, I never understood the draw of the Summoner. It always seemed under-armed to me. And not by just a little bit, either. What draws people to it?

In lore it smashes people.. in game it would probably be an effective jump sniper / duelist... Also it always out performs itself by leaps and bounds in TT for me

Edited by Ashnod, 16 April 2013 - 12:02 AM.

#140 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:02 AM

View PostAshnod, on 16 April 2013 - 12:05 AM, said:

Innersphere mech's received clan tech field upgrades in like operation bulldog / TF Serpent

Yeah, except refit is not the same as deboning a mech and building it from the ground up, which is what any sort of internal structure rework requires. The field kits were just that - made to convert the connections and software of Clan weapon and electronics into something Inner Sphere machines could make sense of, in the field. Even installing inner sphere internals requires shipping your mech off to a factory for a couple months.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 16 April 2013 - 05:03 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users