Most powerful Clan 'Mech ton for ton?

167 replies to this topic

#21 Harrow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:09 AM

View PostDenvian, on 30 January 2012 - 06:41 AM, said:

Stormcrow because I am a Medium junky

Alot of votes out there for the Stormcrow/Ryoken!

#22 OU812

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationIn your worst nightmare.

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:26 AM

Gotta go with the big bad Dire Wolf

#23 Alaric Wolf Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 678 posts
  • LocationAbove the charred corpse of your 'Mech.

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:39 PM

View PostOmigir, on 30 January 2012 - 06:25 AM, said:

Kit Fox and the Cougar, both mechs are fully capable of going and standing toe to toe with mechs three times their size.

I hope you realize the Cougar is a 35 ton 'Mech...

... My point being: 35 x 3 = 105 tons. Now I would love to see a Cougar go toe to toe with any heavy, let alone an assault 'Mech. Sure, you will probably cite speed. Well, my lasers are faster, I assure you :)

#24 renegade mitchell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:39 PM

Summoner, all purpose mech. Worth its weight in gold.

Edited by Renegade Mitchell, 30 January 2012 - 01:39 PM.

#25 Semyon Drakon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 260 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:09 PM

I have a Dire Wolf variant that comes equipped with twin UAC20's, extra ammo and a targetting computer. I cannot remember if it managed to pack in anything else it has been a while since I ran it but for short nasty brutal assaults it was King of the battlefield.

Semyon

#26 Maurice

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationEasthampton Ma.

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:31 PM

The Diaishi/ Dire wolf in configurationC will hurt you

#27 Felix Dante

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 400 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:33 PM

Too many good designs:

Omni from the inital invasion: Warhawk (Masakari) with a personal load-out (most of the basic varients suck)

It has the best average Armor/Speed/Pod-Tonnage/Heat Dissipation, etc...

As a Non-Omni; It's a tie between: Warhammer IIC and Phoenix Hawk IIC

Best Clan conversion: Marauder II (Clan Varient made by Wolf's Dragoons)

Over-All Best Clan Mech of all Time (IMHO): the Karhu ;)

It's a post Jihad Calvary Omni made for the Ghost Bears.
Has good base configurations, excellent speed, armor protection, and plenty of Pod tonnage to play with.
:)

Added Later: I have to agree to say the Ryoken and Shadowcat are both excellent mechs ton for ton too...
Speed and firepower are a powerful combination. Did you know you can put an Arrow IV artilery piece on a Shadowcat?
:wacko:

Edited by Felix Dante, 01 February 2012 - 11:30 AM.

#28 Sirius

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:10 AM

I guess it really depends what "powerful" means. :P I suspect the Stormcrow is the all-around strongest mech chassis, at least of the ones I've used; most configurations have quite impressive firepower, manageable heat, and they also travel significantly faster than you'd expect a 'Mech that does that to travel. It's the kind of thing I usually take if I want to win. (Well, I suppose there are Rifleman IICs, but I am a little put off pulse lasers these days - they're too easy to use.)

However, if you just want straight firepower... Turkina D, loaded out with HE ammunition. It tears things to pieces at close range - each salvo goes up to 144 points of damage, not including the lasers.

#29 Zimm Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 232 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:24 AM

I've always found myself most comfortable in a Marauder IIC (I know, refit), a Shadowcat or a Cauldron Born/Ebon Jaguar (awesome names both). As to whether any of these are particularly powerful... Maybe I just found them easier to make strong setups for?

#30 Zervziel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 907 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:43 AM

While made more to fit the IS tech, the Annihilator is still a Clan mech and as such is quite a mean beastie. As for the most powerful, ton for ton? I'm not sure.

#31 John Maynard

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:49 AM

I go with the Direwolf --> Daishi Widowmaker configuration !

2 ER PPC
2 Large Pulse Laser
3 ER Medium Laser
1 Ultra AC 20

#32 Outlaw Wolf

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 46 posts
  • LocationStatus: Classified

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:56 AM

I would have to say the Timber Wolf would be a top choice here.

Strong array of weapons at all ranges, good speed for its weight, good armor. It is a well rounded machine that can pretty much fit into any battle plan.

#33 MacKenzie Wolf

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:12 PM

If we do a bit of math here in reference to the ton for ton idea, I would take the total efficient weapon damage (i.e. the most weapon damage per turn without incurring any heat related penalties) and divide it by the tonnage. You can create a quick version of a blackhawk with 8 ER medium lasers, a targeting computer and enough heat sinks to shoot them all in a turn. That's 56 damage divided by fifty tons, which gives you a ratio of like 1.12. Off the charts compared to most designs. Take for instance the daishi mentioned above with 2 UAC-20s and a targeting computer. Hell of a design with a capable pilot. That's a ratio of .8. Only draw back to that is you still only have a 50% chance of hitting with your second shots and you can run out of ammo. With the above black hawk design and a good pilot in TTBT I have literally taken on entire trinaries by myself and destroyed all 15 enemy mechs. With it a good pilot can completely drill through the center torso of all but the largest mechs in a single salvo. Not to mention it has decent speed, and maximum armor for its weight. Overall, it's the deadliest mech design I've ever seen, and I've been playing for a decade and a half. I'm sure you could make a fairly similar Ryoken. So ton for ton, the mid range weight mechs are the best.

Edited by MacKenzie Wolf, 01 February 2012 - 12:15 PM.

#34 Alaric Wolf Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 678 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:24 PM

Table Top does not count for anything in what I said. This is about real-time firepower.

Edited by Alaric Wolf Kerensky, 01 February 2012 - 12:26 PM.

#35 Joanna Conners

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationEn Route to Terra

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:32 PM

I'd have to say the Timberwolf or Kodiak.

#36 Drizz

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 32 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:53 PM

Dire Wolf is urban mech realy not much chop in the open plan or mountains jump Hvy capable mech owen it not mention assults mkII gladiators

#37 MacKenzie Wolf

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:53 PM

View PostAlaric Wolf Kerensky, on 29 January 2012 - 09:54 PM, said:

What are your opinions on which Clan 'Mech commands the most firepower ton for ton? Personally I believe the Dire Wolf, with 55 tons of pod space out of its 100 ton weight, would be an excellent choice.

You certainly didn't specify real time in your OP. Now that the subject is clarified, I would probably agree with you, since no one has ever depicted targeting computers in MW. However, it all depends on your definition of powerful.

#38 Alaric Wolf Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 678 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:32 PM

View PostMacKenzie Wolf, on 01 February 2012 - 02:53 PM, said:

You certainly didn't specify real time in your OP. Now that the subject is clarified, I would probably agree with you, since no one has ever depicted targeting computers in MW. However, it all depends on your definition of powerful.

You are correct, I did not specify, although I figure the same could hold true for both TT and real-time. I apologize for the confusion.

The definition is firepower: just pure, destructive force. Because you have a good point, powerful can indicate effectiveness as well.

#39 Kodiak Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 935 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:58 PM

Warhawk. love warhawks soo much 4ERPPCs LRM10 targeting computer. + its an omnimech and i' had a couple of fun loadouts on Mw2/3/4 B)

#40 Daneiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 490 posts
  • LocationSheridan

Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:03 PM

Adder is probably most powerful mech for its size - 35t - 2 ERPPC and Flamer more then the half of the weight for weapons !!!! That mech has more firepower then most of the IS medium mechs , also has nice armor 6t FF armor and speed 97km/h !!!!!

P.S. Most important - designet by Clan Star Adder B)

Edited by daneiel varna, 01 February 2012 - 07:06 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users