Petition for inclusion of the Uziel

254 replies to this topic

Poll: Petition for Inclusion (694 member(s) have cast votes)

I would like to see this mech included in the game.

1. Yes. (396 votes [57.06%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 57.06%

2. Voted No. (298 votes [42.94%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.94%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#161 Typhoon Storm 2142

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 302 posts
  • LocationHamburg

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:33 AM

If you want the Uziel, then I want an Omega.

http://www.sarna.net...28BattleMech%29

#162 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:37 AM

Apart from that, the mech only has 2 standard variants (plus 2 special variants for much later). There is no way of getting past Basics with this mech.

#163 General Taskeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:22 PM

View PostRushin Roulette, on 07 June 2013 - 04:37 AM, said:

Apart from that, the mech only has 2 standard variants (plus 2 special variants for much later). There is no way of getting past Basics with this mech.

3 Variants, you forgot the Prime Variant bro.

#164 Bendak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 213 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:32 PM

I voted yes... in 7 years! :lol:

#165 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:00 AM

View PostBendak, on 08 June 2013 - 11:32 PM, said:

I voted yes... in 7 years! :(

Just a heads up. People aren't going to wait 7 of their real life ticking years to play an Uziel.

#166 Bendak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 213 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:09 AM

View PostGeneral Taskeen, on 09 June 2013 - 08:00 AM, said:

Just a heads up. People aren't going to wait 7 of their real life ticking years to play an Uziel.

C'est la vie. I really do like the Uziel chassis but no amount of me whining on a forum will override the fact that this game is set up to run from 3050 (as 2013 in real life) year on year. If you are ever to pilot an Uziel you will have to wait seven years, or not as the case may be. Thanks for the heads up?

#167 Pezzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 616 posts
  • LocationBristol, Tennessee

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:47 AM

Clan Wars, bro.

#168 Wriath

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • 108 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:16 AM

I voted yes, but I don't want it until it's supposed to come out.

#169 Kaio-Kerensky x10

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 331 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:32 AM

View PostGeneral Taskeen, on 09 June 2013 - 08:00 AM, said:

Five of those years are really boring. I would expect a time-jump at the same time that BT had a timejump, so probably from 3052 to either Operation Bulldog in 3057 (which would also give PGI an excuse to add a new section to a space-control map) or straight to about 3060, for the St. Ives war and the Fedcom Civil War.

#170 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:47 AM

View PostRushin Roulette, on 07 June 2013 - 04:37 AM, said:

View PostGeneral Taskeen, on 08 June 2013 - 09:22 PM, said:

3 Variants, you forgot the Prime Variant bro.

While the Uziel does have three production variants (the UZL-2S (prototype/testing variant), UZL-3S (primary production variant), and UZL-8S), they are respectively out-of-timeline until 3063, 3065, and 3075 (a point made nearly ten months ago, on the previous page of this very thread) - unless there is a time-skip, the likelihood of the Uziel appearing in MWO in the near term is so small as to be effectively non-existent.

View PostStrum Wealh, on 04 August 2012 - 02:23 PM, said:

View PostCCC Dober, on 04 August 2012 - 07:43 AM, said:

Get your facts straight please, there is no ER-Small Laser and no LBX2 on the 3050 variant. The UZL-2S (3050) has the following loadout:

2 PPCs
SRM6
2 MGuns
BAP

Furthermore, not only HMP states it to be 3050, but also twobt.de, trueborn.net, stridersstrikers.com, btsolarisknights etc.
They must be all wrong obviously and google is the enemy.
/sarcasm

Strictly speaking... yes, they are all wrong.

The Master Unit List, published by Catalyst Game Labs (current owners of the BattleTech franchise) and trumping all of the above-linked fan sites, states that the UZL-2S (the prototype Uziel, armed with twin PPCs, twin Machine Guns, and a SRM-6 launcher (and including a BAP)) makes its debut in 3063, with the UZL-3S (the primary production-model Uziel, armed with a LB 2-X AC, Large Pulse Laser, ER Medium Laser, twin ER Small Lasers, and a SRM-6 launcher) making its debut in 3065.

See also: TRO 3067, pgs. 70-71.

There is no "3050 variant" of the Uziel.
The label "Inner Sphere/3050" is apparently used as a designator for the rule set used in the unit's construction; both HMP and REMLAB do this, and it does not mean that the individual 'Mech in question is actually available in the year 3050.

#171 Oppresor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, England

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:10 PM

Yes 100% we need this unit. The Uziel looks the part and often is the part; I remember it well from MW4 along with the Bushwhacker.Posted Image

#172 Syllogy

• 2,698 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:19 AM

View PostOppresor, on 09 June 2013 - 12:10 PM, said:

Yes 100% we need this unit. The Uziel looks the part and often is the part; I remember it well from MW4 along with the Bushwhacker.

And you can have it... in 3063.

#173 itsapainfulworld

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:12 AM

When the timeline is right, I'll say HELL YEAH. Same with the Mad Cat, Nova Cat, Thor, and all the other mechs I fell in love with when I discovered MechWarrior (through MechAssault). It's just not time yet for some of em.

#174 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:27 PM

Even though the Uziel is out of the timeline, that did not keep PGI from bringing in an ECM capable Spider from 3067 - the SDR-7Kr and renaming it the SDR-5 whatever.

So, PGI can do what they want if there's money to be had.

#175 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:15 PM

The idea that it comes out in 3063 is great, but a prototype could be available before.

Edited by Johnny Z, 30 August 2013 - 05:31 PM.

#176 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:21 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 30 August 2013 - 03:15 PM, said:

The idea that it comes out in 3063 is great, but a prototype could be available before.

The 3063 model (the UZL-2S) is the prototype. :wub:

#177 OmniJackal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 163 posts
  • LocationGulf Breeze, Florida

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:41 PM

I see a lot of talk about time period and such still. Is the time period already not behind? If we don't start seeing clan mechs released alongside the phoenix mechs coming this fall/winter then I don't see us getting clans still spring or summer and if you're that behind, you may as well just throw the whole timeline out. I for one want to be piloting a Bushwhacker sooner than later.

#178 Farix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 890 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:43 PM

The timeline is currently on hold because the development team missing their target dates.

#179 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:54 PM

View PostOmniJackal, on 30 August 2013 - 11:41 PM, said:

I see a lot of talk about time period and such still. Is the time period already not behind? If we don't start seeing clan mechs released alongside the phoenix mechs coming this fall/winter then I don't see us getting clans still spring or summer and if you're that behind, you may as well just throw the whole timeline out. I for one want to be piloting a Bushwhacker sooner than later.

Garth Erlam essentially confirmed (in NGNG Podcast #84, between the 7:40 and 9:30 marks) that there will be time-jumps in the timeline (and that said time-jumps would affect 'Mech availability, and that he didn't know when those would happen as of the point when the podcast was recorded).
The statements therein also imply that the BT timeline is still being used to determine 'Mech and weapon/equipment availability, even if it is no longer being employed for marketing and PR purposes (e.g. ISN posts, tweets, etc) or following a 1:1 advancement ratio at all times.

It seems, essentially, that the timeline is currently "paused", and I for one (while not possessing any inside knowledge of PGI's plans on the matter) would guess that it would probably play-out in episodes of 1:1 advancement punctuated by time-skips and major patches.
For example, the first five waves of the Clan Invasion (initial clan appearance in IS, to Battle of Tukayyid) might constitute one "episode", then there might skip to 3057 (for Operation Guerrero in the IS & the Refusal War for the Clans) for the next "episode", then skip again to 3059 (for the beginning of Operation Bulldog, ultimately leading to the Annihilation of Clan Smoke Jaguar), then skip to 3063 (for the FedCom Civil War), and so on.
And, of course, the patches that come with the beginning and end of each "episode" (assuming that close to how PGI ends up doing it) could/would/should include new 'Mech chassis & variants, new weapons and equipment, and so on... :)

Thoughts?

#180 Kain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • LocationZenith-Jumppoint, Tukayyid

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:00 PM

View PostFarix, on 31 August 2013 - 12:43 PM, said:

The timeline is currently on hold because the development team missing their target dates.

Oh yeah I almost forgot the timeline, which PGI was advocating as a great feature for a 1:1 day progress, and already in closed beta the community was sceptic about it and advised PGI to drop it until launch...

Alas, back to the Uziel..answer is no.., it is not an iconic mechwarrior mech which was only popular in MW:LL, before MW:LL it was almost never mentioned or used.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users