Petition for inclusion of the Uziel

254 replies to this topic

Poll: Petition for Inclusion (694 member(s) have cast votes)

I would like to see this mech included in the game.

1. Yes. (396 votes [57.06%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 57.06%

2. Voted No. (298 votes [42.94%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.94%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#141 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:21 PM

View PostBrutallica, on 04 August 2012 - 11:19 AM, said:

BEHOLD THE MIGHTY TIMELINE!!!!

We must not upset the time line...the line of time, this is our life time line!!! YIIARGH!!!

Do NOT speak to the timeline unless spoken to.

Do NOT look at the timeline unless timeline tells you to.

You may not eat or drink, while you await the timeline to progress, IF you want to breathe during this you must pray to the timeline 200 times a day, and sacrifice 4000 editions of mech warrior 4 mercenaries.

Well gosh golly. Tell ya what, if you just want a generic mech shooter, wait for Hawken. If you want BATTLETECH (aka Mechwarrior) then yeah, the timeline matters. Otherwise, why bother setting a date at all?

#142 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:35 PM

View PostCCC Dober, on 04 August 2012 - 12:14 PM, said:

@Adridos
If you consider these Mechs replacements, then I would like to point you back to what I posted before. The moment you need to up the tonnage to achieve the same result or better, you are not playing in the same league anymore. In fact, you are admitting defeat already. Weight parity would be ideal. But if you manage to pack the same stuff at less weight, then more power to you. That's not only a replacement, but also more efficient and clearly better. This is what the Uziel represents, a replacement and improvement at the same time. As it so happens, all of the 'replacement' Mechs you listed are heavier, they do not have the same reputation and definitely lack the visuals to compete.

Except it isn't clearly better. In fact to achieve the "same" stats while lighter, required use of level 2 technology. To "match" the Whammy (and yet still have significantly less armor) required endo steel, xl engine, double heatsinks and a beagle probe. If 5 tons of weight for a mech of matching tech level "invalidates" it, how the HECK, does using a mech that only could exist with full on star league tech work?

To compare apples to apples, a "comparable" 3050 Uziel using the same level one tech as the Whammy, would have a top speed of 64 khp (same as Whammy), 120 meters jump, drop the mgs and beagle, have 13 standard heat sinks and a half ton left over.. so let's up the armor to 8.5.

You can't just cherry pick stuff to make an honest comparo and argument. And as for "clear" design replacement... most of those were designed by microsoft, and not added to a TRO til after(a good 2 years after).

And you use the argument "better, more efficient"... except it isn't. It is a good scout deswign, a good hit and run mech, but it ISN'T better going toe to toe on a battleline. And for the more efficient or better, you yourself pointed out the increasing damage curve and superior armor, making them BETTER at doing the job that the MAD and WHM were designed for (neither are sniper mechs) for a mere 5 tons.

Not sure how you can argue for a design on ly possible through Star League tech as valid, and discount same 5 tons being valid. The Uziel does NOT fill the role of the designs you think it replaces.

#143 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 04 August 2012 - 02:23 PM

View PostCCC Dober, on 04 August 2012 - 07:43 AM, said:

Get your facts straight please, there is no ER-Small Laser and no LBX2 on the 3050 variant. The UZL-2S (3050) has the following loadout:

2 PPCs
SRM6
2 MGuns
BAP

Furthermore, not only HMP states it to be 3050, but also twobt.de, trueborn.net, stridersstrikers.com, btsolarisknights etc.
They must be all wrong obviously and google is the enemy.
/sarcasm

Strictly speaking... yes, they are all wrong.

The Master Unit List, published by Catalyst Game Labs (current owners of the BattleTech franchise) and trumping all of the above-linked fan sites, states that the UZL-2S (the prototype Uziel, armed with twin PPCs, twin Machine Guns, and a SRM-6 launcher (and including a BAP)) makes its debut in 3063, with the UZL-3S (the primary production-model Uziel, armed with a LB 2-X AC, Large Pulse Laser, ER Medium Laser, twin ER Small Lasers, and a SRM-6 launcher) making its debut in 3065.

See also: TRO 3067, pgs. 70-71.

There is no "3050 variant" of the Uziel.
The label "Inner Sphere/3050" is apparently used as a designator for the rule set used in the unit's construction; both HMP and REMLAB do this, and it does not mean that the individual 'Mech in question is actually available in the year 3050.

#144 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 04 August 2012 - 02:48 PM

View PostCCC Dober, on 04 August 2012 - 12:14 PM, said:

This is what the Uziel represents, a replacement and improvement at the same time.

Judging by the Imperial insignia in your signature, you should understand this:

Uziel is like a Terminator armour, like a Land Raider. It is better, because it's newer.
Pentum II can't stand against i7 processors, ENIAC was bigger and slower than modern PCs, etc.

Newer tech means better mechs with more firepower and speed in smaller package.
That's the reason there's no way you could put it into the MW:O as of now.

#145 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 04:52 PM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 04 August 2012 - 02:23 PM, said:

Strictly speaking... yes, they are all wrong.

The Master Unit List, published by Catalyst Game Labs (current owners of the BattleTech franchise) and trumping all of the above-linked fan sites, states that the UZL-2S (the prototype Uziel, armed with twin PPCs, twin Machine Guns, and a SRM-6 launcher (and including a BAP)) makes its debut in 3063, with the UZL-3S (the primary production-model Uziel, armed with a LB 2-X AC, Large Pulse Laser, ER Medium Laser, twin ER Small Lasers, and a SRM-6 launcher) making its debut in 3065.

See also: TRO 3067, pgs. 70-71.

There is no "3050 variant" of the Uziel.
The label "Inner Sphere/3050" is apparently used as a designator for the rule set used in the unit's construction; both HMP and REMLAB do this, and it does not mean that the individual 'Mech in question is actually available in the year 3050.

Exactly correct. I don't even trust Sarna.net as "canon", but more use it a s a quick "wiki" reference. I forgot about Catalyst's Master List, and was wondering where people got the 3050 thing from, til you mention the "Tech Level". I just always took that to mean exactly that Either 3025 Lvl 1 Tech, Star-League Lvl 2/3050 lvl 2 (not the same, actually, since the SLDF did not have C3 computers or TSM), Clan Tech, etc........

And truth to tell, I generally ignored most of the other sites cited, as they are not "official" run by the current owners of the game, sites, to the best of my knowledge. I love the fan dedication they all bring, but they are no more canon or official than my stuff.

I definitely look forward to when the Uziel finally does show up, as it IS a great design (toss away the MGs, swap it to Clan ER PPCs and a Streak 6, and max the armor and it's a brawler), and I for one really like the Hellspawn and Argus and Thanatos, too. But just not quite yet.
(especially since we have so many wonderful designs in between now and them, many of which have NEVER gotten face time, and really should!)

#146 gilliam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:08 PM

I admit, I got the variants mixed up. I thought the PPC was the 3S.
Still they both came about on the eve of the FedCom Civil War.

The only 'Mechs guaranteed to be available at this ime are the ones in TRO 3039. There MAY be SOME from TRO 3050. (for reference, the Uziel is in TRO: 3067)

#147 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:52 PM

Hey, it's getting a little slow on here, can we get some more constant debating, bickering and arguing gin on?

Howzabout this.. yo Uziel is UGLY and smells like old cheese!

#148 Holy Franck

Rookie

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:26 PM

vote yes but in due time, there is plenty more mech to add before this one and having a lot to add, the sequence in which it is added will influence the game...

#149 Prince V

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 73 posts
  • LocationA land of cautious optimism tempered with justified skepticism.

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:27 PM

Wow, some serious votes against here... gonna stick my neck out anyway :/
I would like to see it. It's not at the top of my list, but I would like it none-the-less. It's figure and silhouette stands out well, and it's blend of mobility and firepower at the cost of heat and surviveability make an interesting addition. I know the timeline is wrong, but when it comes, I hope they consider it.

I also really hope that they don't actually do the years real-time :/ I REALLY don't wanna wait years for my Timberwolf :)

#150 gilliam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:40 PM

View PostPrince V, on 05 August 2012 - 08:27 PM, said:

I know the timeline is wrong, but when it comes, I hope they consider it.
That's the key here. When it comes out.
I am a huge fan of the design, and when the time comes, I want to strap myself into one and trash mine enemies (though I'd likely swap the SRM-6 for a pair of SRM-4s and use Snub nosed PPCs)

I also really hope that they don't actually do the years real-time :/ I REALLY don't wanna wait years for my Timberwolf :)
Clan invade in something like 8 months. Granted general availability of Clan chassis won't be for maybe another 5-10 years.

I think realtime with time skips would be nice., Or maybe expansions introduce new time periods, but you have to make a new pilot and XP and c-bills don't carry between them.

#151 Merphie

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:20 PM

The uziel was one of my favorite mechs, so i really hope that they include it when the timeline catches up.

#152 Kamelkaze

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 423 posts
  • LocationIm Cockpit seines Urbies!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:37 AM

First the Urbanmech and later, anytime later a Uziel! :D

#153 Victor Morson

• Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:22 AM

View PostPrince V, on 05 August 2012 - 08:27 PM, said:

I also really hope that they don't actually do the years real-time :/ I REALLY don't wanna wait years for my Timberwolf Posted Image

Unlike the Uziel which is 3072, the Timberwolf is 3050. i.e. this year.

#154 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:22 AM

View PostVictor Morson, on 11 April 2013 - 03:22 AM, said:

Unlike the Uziel which is 3072, the Timberwolf is 3050. i.e. this year.

You mean 62? The Uziel saw some combat during the FedCom Civil War.

The TimberWolf is 55 years old now. Where is it?

#155 CutterWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 658 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:53 AM

View PostShoveI, on 09 February 2012 - 02:32 AM, said:

Considering the date in game is currently 3049 and the Uziel is not produced til the very earliest 3057 (not sure the exact time), I doubt it will be included anytime soon no matter how much we petition for it to happen.

Ah.......You all do know that its currently 3050 since this pasted January right? The game "was" set in 3049 but that was last year when it was in closed beta.

View Postgilliam, on 05 August 2012 - 08:40 PM, said:

That's the key here. When it comes out.
I am a huge fan of the design, and when the time comes, I want to strap myself into one and trash mine enemies (though I'd likely swap the SRM-6 for a pair of SRM-4s and use Snub nosed PPCs)

Clan invade in something like 8 months. Granted general availability of Clan chassis won't be for maybe another 5-10 years.

I think realtime with time skips would be nice., Or maybe expansions introduce new time periods, but you have to make a new pilot and XP and c-bills don't carry between them.

Dude, the Clan's are invading RIGHT NOW! They started the first wave of their attacks in March, its now Apr 3050.

#156 Werewolf486 ScorpS

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSinsinnati Ohio

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:00 AM

Not until the timeline is right, then it can pack two light Gauss and I can name it the iPoke.

#157 Alois Hammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts
  • LocationHooterville

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:00 AM

View PostCutterWolf, on 11 April 2013 - 05:53 AM, said:

Ah.......You all do know that its currently 3050 since this pasted January right? The game "was" set in 3049 but that was last year when it was in closed beta.

Ah...you do know that this still leaves 3057 way off in the future and the Uziel with it right?

#158 CutterWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 658 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:32 AM

View PostAlois Hammer, on 11 April 2013 - 08:00 AM, said:

Ah...you do know that this still leaves 3057 way off in the future and the Uziel with it right?

Ya, I do try reading my post again as you can see I don't say one word about the Uziel did I?

#159 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:53 PM

Pretty awesome Mech in MW:LL, love it.

Posted Image

One of my favorite Catalyst artwork, the Twin RAC/5 Uziel

Posted Image

#160 Kaio-Kerensky x10

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 331 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 02:12 AM

Eh. We have enough 50t mechs, most of the variants are specifically built around unreleased tech, the layout is dumb and would lead to pretty suicidal hitboxes, and it's one of the signature mechs of a different era. "Why don't we have the Uziel" is no different from "Why don't we have the Mad Cat", only the Uziel is additionally ugly, bad, and dumb.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users