Why House Steiner

183 replies to this topic

#101 ProPainBris

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:18 PM

Because once upon a time I was Archon in mmnet.3025. A guy named Drakkon taught me to play, and i hope to see some of those guys from the house come to play this.

Also, I have some IRL friends who are playing and we all want to play together, and this is where we will be :-)

#102 990Dreams

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:14 AM

The only reason someone would go with Steiner is because of the large armored mechs. Or maybe the logo for BT noobs.

#103 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:57 AM

View PostDavidHurricane, on 12 June 2012 - 04:14 AM, said:

The only reason someone would go with Steiner is because of the large armored mechs. Or maybe the logo for BT noobs.

Last words for a dead man?

We really try to use smaller mechs but our industry isn't able to deliver -they tell us the costs of a new medium mech will be incredible high - when they have to rebuild a factory for that - in the same message they always give us some rent for buying heavy or assault mechs - what should we do?

#104 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:36 PM

Get some Urbanmechs as you lights. They are strong for a light mech. Mediums, well, Hollander. BUT! You guys do have my all time favorite mech: the Fafnir.

#105 Skadi

• 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:42 PM

View PostDavidHurricane, on 12 June 2012 - 12:36 PM, said:

Get some Urbanmechs as you lights. They are strong for a light mech. Mediums, well, Hollander. BUT! You guys do have my all time favorite mech: the Fafnir.

Posted Image

#106 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:03 PM

View PostSkadi, on 12 June 2012 - 12:42 PM, said:

Posted Image

Exactly. SOMEONE understands :) But in all seriousness, the Heavy Gauss(es?) on that thing can tear the head off of any 'Mech.

#107 Chuggernaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 220 posts
  • LocationKelestra City, Furillo, Grand Duchy of Furillo

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:10 PM

Gotta love the Experimental version of that thing.

"Why yes, I would like to put two 22 point hits on you at 19 hexes!"

#108 Adam Schweinstager

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationNewark, Ohio

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:51 PM

Mostly it's because it's where my favorite unit resides, the 25th Arcturan Guards. It's a unit I plan to use my loyalty points on to join if they are a joinable unit in the game. Most of the units, like the 22nd Guard and Skye Rangers reside as well. Most of the Guards units I am fond of, with a lot of the Ranger units as well.

I'm typically a light mech driver, even in my TT days I drove a lot of them. I plan to do the same in this game as well.

I've always liked the region Germany sits in, and I really enjoy their history, even the dark days. You can't really appreicate something without first acknowledging the past and where something comes from. Denying that it happened is just wrong, because you sully not only the victims, but those that were forced into the situations are get dead.

So for me, the House Steiner will be who I fight for. I have always tried to side with this House since the first BT game I played.

I wish I could get Mechwarrior 4 Mercenaries to work on this laptop, I really miss that game and would kill to play it again. At least until I'm able to play this of course.

#109 Grayson Carlyle

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 12:40 AM

Because Im german. Half german/scottish actually. But considering the Isle of Sky it makes Steiner an even more appropriate choice.

EDIT: Just have to avoid the infighting between myself :(

Edited by grayson carlyle, 16 June 2012 - 04:27 AM.

#110 CPT Helldog

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:59 AM

The reasons to play House Steiner are simple: better mechs, more heavier mechs, better industry, more honorable characters (Kathrine Steiner-Davion excluded. Yes we have the civil war but... Who hasn't. Also I started playing them in 1998 with my intro to TT. Gotta love the assault mechs. Also I am 3/4 German 1/4 Scottish.

#111 OvertEnemy

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:05 AM

They have the Scots which means they have the Scotch. They have the Germans so they have the best meat and beer. They have the finance. No wonder they are rarely the agressors, they already have everything worth fighting for

#112 Thariel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 184 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:37 AM

official languages: Englisch, German. That's the point.

#113 FLX

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:49 AM

or maybe because someone is from germany ;)

#114 Chuggernaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 220 posts
  • LocationKelestra City, Furillo, Grand Duchy of Furillo

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:34 PM

Could be we like factions that aren't fascist. Narrows it down to us and the FWL.

#115 Pax Noctis

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 65 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:54 PM

Was originally going Capellan, but the goons moved in, and I was left in a quandry. The Combine is inevitably going to pull in the Redditards and every japanophile/anime-stereotype out there, so that was a no-go. FRR seems too popular (I don't like being the most popular faction), FWL is kind of boring and the Davions seem to be the WoW-Alliance of MWO (where all the carebears land).

Plus we're super-rich, cronyocratic space-Prussians who believe in victory through superior firepower and have scout Atlases. There's something to be said for that.

#116 Merrik Stryfe

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationAt my computer

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:04 AM

View PostPax Noctis, on 19 June 2012 - 01:54 PM, said:

[...]cronyocratic[...]

Google has failed me, can someone point me in the direction of a definition to this word? It looks fantastic.

#117 Jost

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:34 AM

View PostMerrik Stryfe, on 21 June 2012 - 09:04 AM, said:

Google has failed me, can someone point me in the direction of a definition to this word? It looks fantastic.

It's a neologism. I'd define it as "a government dominated by the crony system".

#118 Dozer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:09 PM

As someone who will remain anonymous once said:

'There's nothing finer than a Steiner 69'er'

Never a truer word spoken ;)

#119 Hedy Metal

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationWest Coast of Canada

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:13 PM

Because we have the best looking House Leader EVAR! Posted Image At age 40 Melissa looked better than most 20 years old. I mean seriously, who wouldn't want to fight for her on her behalf! :)

Edited by Hedy Metal, 21 June 2012 - 02:14 PM.

#120 Death Mallet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:41 AM

I've always liked the logo. lol

33 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 33 guests, 0 anonymous users