6 replies to this topic

#1 Kaio Pryde

• PipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:07 AM

Would love to see more choices along the lines of Mediums
adding to the reasoning, Medium mechs are pretty much the primary work horse in mech battles
to the fact that they are more cost effective and easier to manufacture, repair

Bushwacker
Nightsky
Phoenix Hawk (doesnt need to be LAM)
Griffin
Blackjack (omnimech?? forgot)
Enfield
Komodo
Wraith
Mongoose
Lynx
Starslayer
Vindicator

just my opinion on nice mechs to see not really asking for all but something along the lines

too many people playing heavies and assaults not enough medium players around i guess

#2 Grauluchs

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 5
  • Mercenary Rank 5
  • 106 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:21 AM

Id like to see some more Med.Mechs too, but most of the listed mechs will not be in game for some years or at all( screw you Harmony Gold!).

Bushwacker ( since 3053, we are 3049 righ now)
Nightsky (3055)
Phoenix Hawk (unseen)
Griffin ( unseen)
Blackjack (BJ1 is possible, BJ2-O is 3057 and omnimech)
Enfield (maybe in 3055, its LosTech atm.)
Komodo(3055)
Wraith(3055)
Mongoose(is a ligh mech not medium and LosTech atm.)
Lynx("The Lynx did not see production again until 3056")
Starslayer(is rare LosTech atm.)
Vindicator(very possible)

Edited by Grauluchs, 02 October 2012 - 02:24 AM.

#3 Declan Moffat

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationSt. John's

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:01 AM

I am happy to see the Cicada coming as well as the Trebuchet (which they actually made look good! No mean feat that...). It would be lovely to see the Vindy out there!

May I also suggest:

Assasin
Dervish
Hermes2
Crab
Sentinel

The last two are SL vintage I know but the ComGuards were out in the open by 3049 so its possible. :)

#4 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:15 AM

So far, we do have 16 'Mechs announced:
01: Jenner
02: Atlas
03: Hunchback
04: Dragon
05: Catapult
06: Centurion
07: Commando
08: Awesome
09: Raven
10: Cicada
11: Cataphract
12: Stalker
13: Trebuchet
14: JagerMech
15: Spider
16: Flea

Of what there is this far, 25% (Hunchback, Centurion, Cicada, and Trebuchet) are Mediums.

Some Mediums that I believe could potentially be added (accounting for timeline-appropriateness, production status, Quad/non-Quad status, and Unseen status):
Assassin
Blackjack
Chameleon
Clint
Cronus
Dervish
Enforcer
Hatchetman
Hermes II
Kintaro
Sentinel
Vindicator
Vulcan
Whitworth
Wyvern

Your thoughts?

--------------------

The Highlander is near-confirmed via the PC Gamer article. However, one of the replies in Ask the Devs 19 indicates that it is not necessarily BattleMech 17.

View PostGarth Erlam, on 01 October 2012 - 08:59 AM, said:

Q: Second question: If Battlemech 16 was supposed to be saved for something special why was it just randomly announced? [Butane9000]

A: The Flea is our official 16th Mech. 'A Mech' had a special reveal, but BattleMech 17 will be something different again. [Garth]

Also of note is the recent "No Guts, No Galaxy" podcast (specifically, podcast #43), where one Vincent Vascaul stated (at the 50:40 to 50:55 mark) that Bryan Ekman ("Head of Design and Vision", and Creative Director and co-founder of Piranha Games) indicated at PAX that apparently PGI has the first 32 BattleMechs already planned out. :)

Edited by Strum Wealh, 03 October 2012 - 03:14 AM.

#5 Revontuli

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:37 AM

I would also like more mediums. THe hunchback looks fun, but not feeling the Centurion and Trebuchet too much.

#6 BrokenDog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationMiddlesex(UK)

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:35 AM

A big yes! More Medium options! 16 mechs released and 4 are mediums. 3 of them way 50tons and 1 at 40tons.
This is should be the most common weight class and I hope it will be when the game starts hitting its stride.
I think there will be alot of forum happiness once each of the weight slots has at least one mech in it. 17 weight slots, if the afore mentioned first 32 battlemechs cover these 'nuff said. Expect the dev's have other problems to get sorted before that.
Want more mediums! Need more mediums! Love more mediums!
Looking forwards to the first medium with JJs. (Yes, I know that there are versions of the Trenchbucket with jumps, but you know what I mean if you know that!) :)

#7 Helmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ga

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:25 AM

As someone FINALLY mentioned the Dervish, I'll not nuke this thread from Orbit. ;)

Agreed. Although I completely understand spreading the 'mech love out over all chasis, I've always been more of a fan of mediums. After having played MWO I've switched from wanting the Kintaro to the Dervish simply on what I think the hardpoint distribution is going to be.

Cheer.s

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users