Looks great, nice work Jace

#222 Sikreci

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 99 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:08 PM

Morson's finishing the graphics and we should have a very basic website up soon with information about our unit and whatnot here within the week. I'm reading up on WordPress and bbPress/phpBB right now, so further down the road we'll hopefully be getting a "real" website. If all else fails, I'll probably just buy a site on Enjin, point our domain there, and use that.

#223 Maleficarum

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10 posts
  • LocationUnited States, Georgia

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:30 PM

Well Met Blazing Aces,
I have been looking at many of the Merc Companies that are forming and by far I have found Victor Morson's Recruiting Introduction for the Blazing Aces to be enthralling and very Unique. The rich history and timeline provided shows a tight cohesion and sense of respect and teamwork that I found lack luster in other Merc Companies I was reading about. The organizational structure described demostrates a passion and love for the Blazing Aces that again I've not seen in other Merc Companies.
I would be honored to be accepted for trial recruitment for the Blazing Aces.

Division of Interest:
1) Diamond Division for long range support
2) Spade Division for rapid Assessment and Recon
3) Or whichever capacity the Recruitment Trial Officer feels supports the Blazing Aces' needs

I have been playing video games originating from the old DOS games, Commodore, Atari Systems, Sega, Nintendo Systems, XBox, Playstations and FPS's and MMO/MMORPG on the PC. I'm definitely no Mech Warrior Ace Pilot, atleast not yet, but I learn fast and I'm a dedicated teamate. I have played support roles and ranged DPS roles in many of the MMO's currently out and some of the one's that are now defunct. I still play Modern Warfare and Battlefiled 3. I also really enjoyed playing Mech Warrior 2, MW4 Vengenace/Mercenaries, which is what got me hooked into the Mech Warrior/Battle Tech Genre.
I'm anticipating that playing MWO is going to be an awesome fun time and with the Blazing Aces I'm sure it will be serious fun 8)
I'm a Trauma ICU Nurse and I work most all weekends Fri/Sat/Sun 1900 to 0700, but I'm available to play Monday through Thursday. Being a nightshift worker I generally play late into the evening. I do occasionally take some weekends off, but i'm sure the Blazing Aces will need dedicated week nighters as much as they need weekenders.
Thank You for your time in rerviewing my application for recruitment. I hope to hear back from the Blazing Aces soon.
Be well,
Maleficarum

#224 Sillymicrobe

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:27 PM

I like the Hearts Insignia, it's quite suitable. Can't wait to deck my mech out with that paint and deal some damage.
Find the Division that Suits you! Join the Aces!
(How many words relating to cards can YOU fit in a sentence?)

#225 Sikreci

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 99 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:39 PM

You're a 5 of Hearts, Sillymicrobe. You can change divisions any time you feel like it, though. Just let us know.

I'm moving to the Clubs division, so everyone welcome KJ Crow, your new Ace of Spades, our recon expert from way back when, and also the ranking officer of the UK/Euro company.

Edited by Jace Nevada, 07 July 2012 - 11:40 PM.

#226 Beardybloke

• PipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 60 posts
  • Locationi'm here *points at the UK*

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:07 AM

Congrats on the promotion KJ, good luck with the Clubs Jace, time to practise placing those heavy AC shots :(

Also thanks for accepting me into the deck ;)

#227 Sikreci

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 99 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:31 AM

Morson managed to get the graphics all finished tonight and I pulled an all-nighter putting it all together. The Blazing Aces website is now live!

http://www.blazingaces.info/

#228 KJ Crow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 177 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:49 AM

Excellent work Jace and Morson!.... is it me or are there a fair few hearts rostered?

Thanks for the 'Congrats' Beardy and congrats for getting in, looking forward to hunting some targets for you to decimate!

#229 Killian Wargear

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNortheastern USA

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:39 AM

Congrats on the promo Crow. Have have fun with the clubs. I am off to WalMart to get a new HDMI cable for my PC before I take a look at the new site. We finally got power n I don't think my phone is a fare device to let me eyes first see the new site :-) fresh on hacking it up like I'm already part of the corp lol hope its not offending anyone. I can shut up if need be...i think lol

#230 Aidan Ramsdell

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:01 AM

D@mnnnnnnnnnn that looks Sweet! great job on the website! So for a lance on lance game, will a single member from each division play and form a lance? Or like one Spade (w0000000000 Spades!) and two hearts, and then a diamond compose a lance? how are we going to do this? (also, bumpity bump.)

#231 KJ Crow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 177 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:14 AM

Usually will depend on exactly what we are doing.... are we dropping at Lance or Company strength, are we defending or attacking, what environment it is...The usual drops will be either one of each or Spade, Diamond and then either 2 Clubs or Hearts I would guess... but again, then we are looking at situational changes.

Plus of course, it gives us the tactical advantage... just when the enemy think they have us sussed, we shuffle the deck!

#232 Sikreci

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 99 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:42 AM

View PostKillian Wargear, on 08 July 2012 - 07:39 AM, said:

fresh on hacking it up like I'm already part of the corp lol hope its not offending anyone. I can shut up if need be...i think lol

That's fine, I'm pretty sure you'll be a good fit for us, just send an application in whenever you can to make it official.

View PostAidan Ramsdell, on 08 July 2012 - 08:01 AM, said:

So for a lance on lance game, will a single member from each division play and form a lance? Or like one Spade (w0000000000 Spades!) and two hearts, and then a diamond compose a lance? how are we going to do this? (also, bumpity bump.)

Right now, it's kind of impossible to say, since we have absolutely no idea how matchmaking will work. Likely how it's going to work is we'll have, in a given drop of 2-3 lances, one or two Spades, with the rest being entirely dependent on the tactics we want to use. We might try to have 2 full lances of Clubs or Diamonds, for example.

Of course, since we're not too likely to have 2 full lances of Clubs or Diamonds ready to roll out on any given night, if we need more infighters, the call will go out to the Hearts since they're our sort of "jack of all trades" division. But when an infighting/sniping position needs to be filled, Clubs/Diamonds are probably going to get picked first.

So, if any members are reading this right now, keep that in mind, and change divisions if you particularly like a certain style of play!

Edited by Jace Nevada, 08 July 2012 - 10:44 AM.

#233 Killian Wargear

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 12:15 PM

The site is Acemazing fellas. Nothing like what I expected. Very fresh and even has a classic MechWarrior feel to it. The hearts do look a little heavy. But hey thats how the cards fall, right?

Wow, I just read this and boy does it sound cheesey LMAO Yet it stays :-)

Edited by Killian Wargear, 08 July 2012 - 12:16 PM.

#234 Ice Bones

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 63 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 08 July 2012 - 04:24 PM

It's good to be a part of the Corp. Anyone on tonight want to get in a game of megamek?

#235 Sir Trent Howell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:13 PM

View PostAidan Ramsdell, on 08 July 2012 - 08:01 AM, said:

D@mnnnnnnnnnn that looks Sweet! great job on the website! So for a lance on lance game, will a single member from each division play and form a lance? Or like one Spade (w0000000000 Spades!) and two hearts, and then a diamond compose a lance? how are we going to do this? (also, bumpity bump.)

I should hope it would be situation. Pilots ought to pilot what they are most effective with, without compromising operational integrity. We need scouts, but we need line pilots and sharpshooters and we need a drop commander that isn't sitting around in an assault trying to coordinate a battle and wasting the tonnage on focusing on blowing things up.

#236 Killian Wargear

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:50 PM

Just wanted to give a heads up. I am heading into the field tomorrow at 0400. I will be gone for about to weeks, maybe longer (if they will let me stay lol) I know it sounds kind of militaristic, but fear not. For I am in the oil and natrual gas field. Sure it can be dangerous lol but I am relitively safe. I just wanted to let BA know incase my com goes dead for awhile. I should be able to at least read posts if not reply from my phone. Everyone be safe and have fun. Salute o7

#237 KJ Crow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 177 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:07 PM

View PostKillian Wargear, on 08 July 2012 - 05:50 PM, said:

Just wanted to give a heads up. I am heading into the field tomorrow at 0400. I will be gone for about to weeks, maybe longer (if they will let me stay lol) I know it sounds kind of militaristic, but fear not. For I am in the oil and natrual gas field. Sure it can be dangerous lol but I am relitively safe. I just wanted to let BA know incase my com goes dead for awhile. I should be able to at least read posts if not reply from my phone. Everyone be safe and have fun. Salute o7

Good luck out there Killian, means you should be back just in time to enjoy those 4 Mechs you have waiting in your Mechbay!

#238 Sikreci

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 99 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:34 PM

More insignias! Did some work on a potential Clubs insignia, and tweaked and touched up the Spades and Hearts ones. I'm not sure if I'm really feeling the Clubs insignia though, I might just toss it out and try something completely different tomorrow. Any comments?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#239 Raisinscone

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:09 PM

Hi I'm back and permanant.
Another shameless bump.

#240 Beardybloke

• PipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 60 posts
  • Locationi'm here *points at the UK*

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:48 PM

Hmm I see what you mean Jace. My suggestion and the animal I think of from the clubs description would be a ram, butting heads and all that. Maybe try it with a ram skull facing out or maybe a bull's skull. There a bit of a common choice though.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users