#1 Garth Erlam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:00 PM

WELCOME TO OPEN BETA!

We have now opened the floodgates to the general public to join us in our journey to get MechWarrior Online to a state where we can launch the title officially.

That being said, everyone who is currently playing in the Beta should have noticed the following:
  • All MC for Founders and players who had purchased MC, has all been reset and refunded to base amounts.
  • All Mechs have been removed from your inventories with the exception of those in the Founder's Program.
  • All XP, GXP, C-Bills have been reset to 0.
  • All unlocked Efficiencies and Modules.
Please take careful note of the following:
  • This was the FINAL wipe. No more resets.
  • Any MC you purchase or spend, will be final. There will no longer be MC resets so what you spend is gone forever.
Premium Account time purchased by players starts ticking away today. Founders, however, will be seeing a button appear (soon) that will allow them to start their premium time over. It has already started ticking today, but when the button appears, it will credit you with your Founder's Package amount of premium time.

For those new to Open Beta welcome aboard and the latest patch notes are listed here:

Closed Beta Update #14: LIVE ON DECK: THE CICADA AND YEN-LO WANG!

Upcoming Patch - Tuesday Oct. 25th @ 10AM – 1PM PDT
Build Version 1.0.134 (That's right.. Version 1.0!!!)
Patch Date - Thursday Oct. 25th @ 10AM – 1PM PDT

UPDATE

Another push towards Open Beta and we’ve been very busy.

Not only are there numerous fixes and improvements on existing systems, we’ve also added the Cicada (CDA) to the BattleMech lineup as well as 3 more variants of existing Mechs. On top of all of that, we’ve added new upgrades. Ferro Fibrous armor, Endo-Steel Internal Structure and Double Heat Sinks are now in the game!

Ferro Fibrous armor is going to give you a bit more survivability on the battlefield; it is a little lighter, but at the cost of critical space. Endo-Steel Internal Structure frees up tonnage on your Mech at the cost of critical space. This is an advantage for the heavier Mechs in the Mech line-up. Double Heat Sinks will double the heat dissipation at the same tonnage cost, but take up 3 times the amount of critical space.

To accommodate these new additions in MechLab, there is a new flow that has been introduced in terms of interface. Check out the new tabs just under the MechLab tab when you enter. While you’re here, you may also want to check in on your PilotLab Modules. There’s a new module there that will give you a new aiming system to play with. Just remember, you press “V” to activate it.

We've also made changes to the economy of the game. Firstly, we standardized MC to C-Bill pricing. Secondly, we've lowered engine prices and item prices have been increased. This all adds up to, Mech costs being the sum of it's parts. While it doesn't follow the canon pricing, it is close.

Posted Image

Graph of Mech Prices, from Light to Assault

As you can see, the average MC cost now (green line), is much lower than previous (dashed red line). Now, you get more value for your MC, as an Atlas AS7-D, for example, is not the same cost as an Atlas AS7-K. This helps reflect the fact that many variants have more sophisticated equipment, and thus are worth more. So to sum up: Average MC cost for Mechs is much lower, and there are spikes in MC cost for Mechs with advanced equipment.

The rest of the changes are in the patch notes below and we hope to see you take advantage of the new features in combat. Now get out there and pop a Jenner!
P.S. Those of you who have purchased the December issue of PC Gamer will now have your Mech Skin and Coconut Monkey Bobblehead!

CHANGE LOG

GENERAL
User Data:
We will be resetting:
  • BattleMech Inventory
  • Item Inventory
  • C-Bills AND MechWarrior Credits (MC)
  • Premium Account Time
  • Mech XP and all Mech Trees (Efficiencies)
  • Pilot Trees (Modules)
We then credit:
  • Founder’s Packages
  • MC Purchases
  • 75% of your C-Bills earned since Sept 18,2012
  • Mech XP earned since Sept 18,2012
We won't be resetting:
  • User accounts, friends lists.
NEW BATTLEMECHS:
  • Jenner JR7-K
  • Raven RVN-3L
  • Cicada CDA-2A
  • Cicada CDA-2B
  • Cicada CDA-3C
  • Cicada CDA-3M
  • Awesome AWS-9M
NOTE: The Centurion CN9-D will be appearing on November 6th. We understand that you will not be able to elite the Centurion line until then. We apologize for the delay as the CN9-D is reliant on the Artemis guidance system.

FRONT END
New flow in MechLab
  • Configure button is now removed. Configuration is now done through the section tabs
  • The section tabs (Loadout, Modules, etc.) are now directly accessible after selection of your ‘Mech
  • The section tabs can now only be accessed one at a time (you must save or cancel to go to another tab)
Engine heat sinks
  • Engines with a rating of 275 or greater can contain one or more heat sinks inside of them without taking up critical slots.
  • There is now a mechanism to add/remove these heat sinks (previously these heat sinks were fixed within the engine). The number of spots available and the number of spots taken are shown in the equipped engine
  • When removing an engine, any heat sinks within the engine are also removed
  • The number of heat sinks the engine is capable of holding is the same regardless of whether the ‘Mech uses single or double heat sinks
New Upgrades tab - upgrades are options that affect the ‘Mech as a whole, there are currently three upgrade types to choose from:
  • Armor (currently selectable are Standard and Ferro-Fibrous)
    • Changing your armor type automatically replaces all of your armor with the new type
    • Cost of the upgrade is a fixed price for the conversion (based on max tonnage of the ‘Mech) plus the cost of whatever armor of the new type you need to buy. Having an amount of armor of the proper type in your inventory will therefore reduce the cost of the upgrade
    • Armor types other than Standard take up critical slots (14 for Ferro-Fibrous). These slots will be floating (see below)
Structure (currently selectable are Standard and Endo-Steel)
  • Cost of the upgrade is a fixed price based on max tonnage of the ‘Mech
  • Structure affects tonnage of the ‘Mech (Endo-Steel is lighter)
    • Armor types other than Standard take up critical slots (14 for Endo-Steel). These slots will be floating (see below)
Heat sinks (select between single and double)
  • Selects whether your ‘Mech may use single or double heat sinks. Only one type of heat sink may be used on a ‘Mech at a time
  • Cost of the upgrade is a fixed price
  • Engines are also automatically upgraded to double the heat sink capability
  • When heat sink type is changed, all heat sinks are removed from the ‘Mech and new heat sinks of the proper type must be installed (and bought if necessary)
Floating slots
  • Some upgrades take up critical slots. These slots are auto-flowed into available empty slots
  • If a floating slot appears in white, other items can be dragged on to it and it will be moved to an available slot somewhere else on the ‘Mech
  • If a floating slot appears in yellow, then there is no open empty slot that it can be moved to and so can not be used for other items
  • Floating slots are ignored in the critical hit system
GAMEPLAY
  • Running into another Mech will no longer knock it down.
  • Line of sight check now higher on Mech so targeting can occur when only 25% of the mech is visible over a hill instead of 50%.
  • Explosions explode on the surface of the water and spawn water explosion effects.
  • AC/Gauss/PPC type weapons now pass through water and deal a reduced amount of damage depending on depth of the hit.
  • Laser water hit effects spawn at the correct location on the surface of the water and deal a reduced amount of damage depending on depth of the hit
  • Added Picture in Picture Zoom module. (Default mapped key for advanced zoom is 'V')
  • Added Current active Vision mode status in HUD
  • Extend range finder to 2500m( was 1500m )
  • Cockpit light will now flicker after taking hard hits
MOVEMENT IMPROVEMENTS:
  • Animation shaking under various circumstances
  • ‘smoother’ jump jetting behavior
  • Weapon hit detection more in-line with where you see the mech on your screen (don’t have to shoot infront of your mech so much) especially at lower frame rates were the problem was the worst.
BUG FIXES
  • Two AMS on a Mech (AS7-K) now correctly destroy double the missiles
  • PPC’s will no longer cross at extreme ranges
  • Players are no longer able to zoom or change vision modes when a Mech is shut down
  • Zoom and Vision modes are tuned off when a Mech shuts down
  • Target hit indication for missiles now correctly only goes off when explosion damage is dealt
  • Users can no longer specify an FOV less than 60.0 degrees in the user.cfg
We thank you for your patience and we look forward to seeing you on the battlefield!

The MechWarrior® Online™ Team

Edited by Niko Snow, 03 April 2013 - 04:34 PM.
Updated for Open Beta

#2 Xendojo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationThe Frequencies

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:01 PM

This is nice but i'm interested in patch notes for the 29th(if any). I'm really wanting to know if we have entered phase 1 of the MM overhaul, seems to be large groups rolling rough shod over PUGs. Like LOTS of them. And they all seem to want to recruit you after they crush your PUG. Seems rather greedy of them to me.

EDIT:Also did the RNR adjustments make it in?

Other than those things i'm enjoying my time in game like always! Keep it up!

Edited by Xendojo, 29 October 2012 - 04:03 PM.

#3 DocBach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:02 PM

It actually felt like to my group that they were connecting us with other premades.

#4 Xendojo

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:04 PM

View PostDocBach, on 29 October 2012 - 04:02 PM, said:

It actually felt like to my group that they were connecting us with other premades.

Point is groups are now supposed to be limited to lance strength(4) with the rest filled by puggers.

#5 Elder Thorn

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,422 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:07 PM

well.. i had the feelign of running into premades, aswell.
Strange thing is, when a few of my friends came online and we had a group of 4 together, it felt more like runnign into PUGs only most of the time.

Of the the teams that stomped us before that, stated it was a premade and posted a link so we can join them, if we enjoy stomping pubs or something like that.
But on the same team one of them stated, he wasn't a team, so i can't tell how much this premade was. If you can only match premade vs. premade if it is an eight man team... well... griefers will just pay 7 man groups.
I still think, for pugs we should get a limit on groups at 3 or 4. So in the ideal case we get 4 + 4 vs. 4 + 4

View PostXendojo, on 29 October 2012 - 04:04 PM, said:

Point is groups are now supposed to be limited to lance strength(4) with the rest filled by puggers.

ok if this is true - i think this is good and i was just playing bad / unlucky :blink:

Edited by Elder Thorn, 29 October 2012 - 04:07 PM.

#6 IamSalvation

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 192 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:11 PM

You can run 8 Man Premades, doing this since my first Open Beta Battle, not lost one Battle so far (running with DHB :))

#7 Xendojo

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:19 PM

View PostIamSalvation, on 29 October 2012 - 04:11 PM, said:

You can run 8 Man Premades, doing this since my first Open Beta Battle, not lost one Battle so far (running with DHB :))

Yea i kinda figured this was the case, after seeing several 8 man ninja caps. And large groups(6-8) focusing mechs down.
I'm really disappointed this is going on. This will wreck MANY first impressions. Was hoping some of the pugstomper boys would self moderate for the better of the game. Guess that was too much to ask though.

#8 Kaixers

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:30 PM

Nice patch, tried the new FF Armor already and its very good, except the repair price is very high...

No info yet on the "Repair Price too high" issue?

Edited by Kaixers, 29 October 2012 - 04:30 PM.

#9 Xendojo

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:31 PM

View PostDocBach, on 29 October 2012 - 04:02 PM, said:

No...there are just THAT MANY on right now.

#10 Saphrus

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:47 PM

[color=#CCCCCC]75% of your C-Bills earned since Sept 18,2012[/color]

Where is my money?^^

#11 Tuvar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 114 posts
  • LocationCharleston, WV

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:57 PM

After todays Open Beta there was the final reset og EXP, MC, Credits

#12 Sandarbian

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 39 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:37 PM

View PostSaphrus, on 29 October 2012 - 04:47 PM, said:

Where is my money?^^

That was the 25th patch not today (29th)

#13 PapaKilo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 774 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:38 PM

View PostSaphrus, on 29 October 2012 - 04:47 PM, said:

Where is my money?^^

That was for the patch on the 25th. You don't get that with this patch -- everything starts from zero.

#14 Inertiaman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:40 PM

View PostIamSalvation, on 29 October 2012 - 04:11 PM, said:

Dunno man that River City didn't go too well for you...

#15 whatts

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:40 PM

As This Game Is Now I will not Be Buying Any More Mc.

#16 Xendojo

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:47 PM

View Postwhatts, on 29 October 2012 - 05:40 PM, said:

As This Game Is Now I will not Be Buying Any More Mc.

Well i bet you are glad it's still BETA then.

BEEETAAAAA!!!!!

*to the tune of the SEGA splash screen for many sega genesis games*

#17 IamSalvation

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 192 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:57 PM

View PostXendojo, on 29 October 2012 - 04:19 PM, said:

Yea i kinda figured this was the case, after seeing several 8 man ninja caps. And large groups(6-8) focusing mechs down.
I'm really disappointed this is going on. This will wreck MANY first impressions. Was hoping some of the pugstomper boys would self moderate for the better of the game. Guess that was too much to ask though.

I was thinking about this too. But this is the Devs choice. I would be very much for it to match Groups of 8 only vs. other Groups and limit PUG Grouping to 3 or 4.
But as it is i had the choice: Stomp or get stomped. I don´t enjoy stomping that much, in CB i only played one week on the TS Server, then got back to train my skills in PUGs as stomping PUGs all the time did not give you any good 1 on 1 SKills and stuff.
But now as you need the money... and keep the stuff.. i prefere to stomp if the other choice is getting stomped.

Don´t blame Group Players, blame the Devs for this VERY VERY poor decision they made...

View PostInertiaman, on 29 October 2012 - 05:40 PM, said:

Dunno man that River City didn't go too well for you...

Don´t think we lost in River City, lost one in Forrest Colony because of 2 players had game crash... and yeah.. we lost a bit of focus later and lost some mechs.. the first 15 battles were almost 8-0 for us...

#18 Xendojo

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:21 PM

I hope and pray for a patch tomorrow...the pugstompers are pulling out all the stops. 8 man ninja caps all over the place.
Devs....please please PLEASE fix MM ASAP. This should be priority, without ANY doubt. The sooner Matchmaker Phase 1 gets implemented the better.

And just for the doubters, my income has nothing to do with it. My founders HBK is cherry, and another hour will see me buy my HBK-4J
Its just the 8 man premades are squashing people in a bad way. Like really REALLY bad. Please guys you need to handle this, its pretty epic how bad it is right now.

#19 Eboli

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:28 PM

Well, for new players coming to MWO it is really going to be an eye opener for them.

I really wonder how many of those players will continue to play after being stomped for ..x.. games in a row.

This will be my first negative post against MWO but the developers have really got this wrong in this case. Keeping new players will be the life blood of the game's longevity. If this continues for too long I just wonder how finances are going to look a little while down the track.

PLEASE get matchmaking fixed ASAP. It is in everybody's interest.

Sincerely,
Eboli.

#20 BriteDarkness

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

I'm definitely not playing until MM phase 1 is implemented.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users