395 replies to this topic

#1 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,496 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:06 AM

Yep, was away yesterday so I missed my change to get this up early, but yes, this is Galen Cox and yes I still plan on updating this program.
Now thanks to Cyberwolf, he has added a Mechbay tab on the WM site which links to a forum so you can actually keep track of the program and any updates through it.
MWO Mechbay "Homepage":http://www.widowmake.../71-mwo-mechbay

I will post here when there are updates and still get feedback/bug handling through here.

MWO Mechbay:http://dl.dropbox.co.../MWOMechbay.zip
-This is a launcher for all programs, it also contains standalone launchers for each supported program

Side Note: The latest Mechbay may actually require your JRE to be version 7 (minimum update is unknown), so make sure Java is up-to-date and that if you are running a 64-bit machine, you have the 64-bit JRE.

If you would like to donate to my new computer/MWO MC fund, please do, but I wont be hurt if you use this program and don't donate, it is up to you Posted Image.
Posted Image

Edited by majora incarnate, 27 March 2013 - 03:04 PM.

#2 Galen Cox

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:44 AM

Just to prove that Majora Incarnate is infact, Galen Cox.

There is a Brann Dailor "It was me the whole time" reference in there somewhere.

#3 ZipZerp

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:24 AM

I'm going to monger my own stuff here, because deep down; I know you <3 me; Quick (Majora, Galen, Man of 1000 Faces).

CLAN WIDOWMAKER TACTICAL BATTLEPLANNER

LATEST VERSION-------------------------------
http://www.mediafire...bvq991xptqt8flq
--------------------------------------------------------
V2.0
Includes:

-Updated maps for every assault map (.jpg)
-High res maps (All maps over 3000x3000)
-Every mech icon (.psd and .png)

v2,1
-Added Jaegermech
-Added Tourmaline Desert
-Cleaned Up River City

There's only so much min/maxing you can do to a mech, good thing information is ammunition!*

*The author would like to express that information is in fact, not ammunition. Ideas are abstract concepts and deal no damage regardless of range. As in all things, never listen to Adam Steiner.

Edited by WM Zero, 20 March 2013 - 01:46 PM.

#4 BigTaeng

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel V
  • Star Colonel V
  • 307 posts
  • LocationBotany Bay

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:04 AM

Thank you for all the work you have put into this app!

However, I noticed an issue with engine heat sinks and tonnage. The program is not properly accounting for the required heat sinks if you select a chassis that comes with a smaller engine. Also, if you lower the Engine Rating and the program automatically adds a heat sink to be placed for the critical slot, the tonnage of the heat sink is not removed when you increase the Engine Rating high enough to no longer require it.

For example, the HBK-4G needs 2 heat sinks with its default Standard 200 engine (11.5 tons MWO weight). Without any other equipment the total Tonnage is listed at 26.50 (11.5 tons engine, 10 tons armor, 5 tons internal). There are 2 tons missing from the heat sinks already listed under Equipment To Be Placed.

Dropping the Engine Rating to 195 (10 tons) adds another required heat sink. The 3rd heat sink is added to the weight, as tonnage now shows 26.0 tons (10.0 tons engine + 10.0 tons armor + 5.0 tons internal + 1.0 ton heat sink), but the first two are still unaccounted for.

Raising the Engine Rating back to 200 automatically removes the 3rd heat sink from Equipment To Be Placed but does not remove its weight. Now the tonnage shows 27.50.

This can be repeated over and over with the heat sink ton being added but not removed until eventually the 'Mech shows overtonnage despite having the same equipment as when you started.

I am using version 5.3.13.

#5 Ascendent

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:40 AM

Thanks for your continued efforts. The program is tremendously helpful. Thanks again.

#6 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,496 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:43 PM

View PostBigTaeng, on 30 October 2012 - 11:04 AM, said:

Thank you for all the work you have put into this app!

However, I noticed an issue with engine heat sinks and tonnage. The program is not properly accounting for the required heat sinks if you select a chassis that comes with a smaller engine. Also, if you lower the Engine Rating and the program automatically adds a heat sink to be placed for the critical slot, the tonnage of the heat sink is not removed when you increase the Engine Rating high enough to no longer require it.

For example, the HBK-4G needs 2 heat sinks with its default Standard 200 engine (11.5 tons MWO weight). Without any other equipment the total Tonnage is listed at 26.50 (11.5 tons engine, 10 tons armor, 5 tons internal). There are 2 tons missing from the heat sinks already listed under Equipment To Be Placed.

Dropping the Engine Rating to 195 (10 tons) adds another required heat sink. The 3rd heat sink is added to the weight, as tonnage now shows 26.0 tons (10.0 tons engine + 10.0 tons armor + 5.0 tons internal + 1.0 ton heat sink), but the first two are still unaccounted for.

Raising the Engine Rating back to 200 automatically removes the 3rd heat sink from Equipment To Be Placed but does not remove its weight. Now the tonnage shows 27.50.

This can be repeated over and over with the heat sink ton being added but not removed until eventually the 'Mech shows overtonnage despite having the same equipment as when you started.

I am using version 5.3.13.

I will look into this, good catch.
Still having to adjust things to the way they handled this in-game.

#7 Pikachar

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:08 AM

Thanks for being AWS. :D

#8 J4ckInthebox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • LocationBritanny, France

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:19 AM

Ok, uh, how the heck is that thing supposed to work :D
I only have a bunch of .class files, what do i do with them ? thx.

Edited by J4ckInthebox, 31 October 2012 - 09:23 AM.

#9 BigTaeng

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel V
  • Star Colonel V
  • 307 posts
  • LocationBotany Bay

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:26 AM

View PostJ4ckInthebox, on 31 October 2012 - 09:19 AM, said:

Ok, uh, how the heck is that thing supposed to work ;)
I only have a bunch of .class files, what do i do with them ? thx.

It sounds like you have .jar files configured to open with the archive program of choice on your computer. Instead, right-click on the icon for MWO_MechLab.jar and select Open With, then choose Java™ Platform SE binary if it is listed under Recommended Programs.

If it is not listed under Recommended or Other Programs, click Browse, then navigate to the folder containing your Java installation, usually C:\Program Files\java\jre7\bin and find javaw.exe. Make sure Always use the selected program to open this kind of file option is checked, then click OK.

Edited by BigTaeng, 31 October 2012 - 11:28 AM.

#10 Zerikin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:52 AM

I noticed the magic extra weight as well. Saving and reloading the mech will make it show what I assume to be the correct weight.

#11 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,496 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:06 PM

View PostZerikin, on 31 October 2012 - 11:52 AM, said:

I noticed the magic extra weight as well. Saving and reloading the mech will make it show what I assume to be the correct weight.

Yea, I fixed this issue, as it was tonnage not be given back to the mech after a heat sink was moved to the engine.

As soon as I get my new Statlab GUI up and running, Ill upload both the new Statlab and the Mechlab correction.

#12 Mason Grimm

Com Guard / Technician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:08 PM

If the file name stays the same awesome.

Many people on MechSpecs.com have been using this and enjoy it!

#13 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,496 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:30 PM

Alright, the Mechbay program has been updated to 5.3.14.
This should fix the tonnage issue.

I just finished the basic version of the Statlab as well: http://widowmakers.c...opicID=10257358
Please read both posts, these will inform you on what this program is.

#14 Tuku

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 529 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:54 PM

On the Atlas AS7-D-DC the Command console is a non removable piece that uses up 3 tons....this is not the case in the game, you can remove that and sell it if you like.

Could you kindly take this off and add it to equipment?

#15 Pikachar

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:36 AM

The Tonnage issue is still prevalent, at least w/ the raven 4x. I gained 3 extra tons by loading.

Edit: Still has issues with changing the engine size. Generates random extra weight still.
Edit 2: Saving an empty mech, and loading it generates two extra tons on the HBK-4N.

Edited by Pikachar, 01 November 2012 - 12:52 AM.

#16 Steelpredator

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:30 AM

Thx very much for your effort.

Since my graphicscard burned itself just in time for open beta im sitting here and itching....scratching :rolleyes:

Gives me something to fiddle around

#17 Grayzzur

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 101 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:39 AM

I also updated to 5.3.14. I'm not seeing the extra tonnage issue, but the base weight for engines and required heatsinks is still off. Centurion CN9-AL with a standard 200 and the 2 required heatsinks is 26.5 in game, 24.5 in Mechbay.

I recall EVE Online having a data dump made available to players for third party apps like this. I have not seen anything similar for MWO from PGI yet. Are you keeping your internal database updated strictly by hand? If so, commendable effort! Data entry has to be the dullest part of these projects.

#18 Jwam

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 11 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:56 AM

Thank you very much for your hard work guys. I really like it very much!

#19 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,496 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:59 AM

View PostGrayzzur, on 01 November 2012 - 05:39 AM, said:

I also updated to 5.3.14. I'm not seeing the extra tonnage issue, but the base weight for engines and required heatsinks is still off. Centurion CN9-AL with a standard 200 and the 2 required heatsinks is 26.5 in game, 24.5 in Mechbay.

I recall EVE Online having a data dump made available to players for third party apps like this. I have not seen anything similar for MWO from PGI yet. Are you keeping your internal database updated strictly by hand? If so, commendable effort! Data entry has to be the dullest part of these projects.

Yes,it is all by hand, and unfortunately I havn't looked into parsing XMLs from the game files yet, as that is a project on its own.

The reason loading might be off is the same reason the base tonnages are off when you select a mech. I just apparently fixed the tonnage issues related to adjusting your engine size and base heat sinks. I will also be trying to fix a bug I discovered when using a 250 rated engine.

Edited by majora incarnate, 01 November 2012 - 08:13 AM.

#20 Tiltings

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:06 AM

The max engine rating for the Awesome 8Q is 290. I don't think this is the case in game.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users