House Liao introductions

267 replies to this topic

#41 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:15 AM

Welcome Marovek, or should I say, SOKOL-1? :P

#42 Howling Mad Murdock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • LocationPlanet Sian....but sometimes Essex, UK

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:30 AM

Well I guess I should post here too then :D

My Pilots name is Howling Mad Murdoch... i'm sure you can work out why but if not I will attempt to explain. My Pilot style is probably a mix of Raw ability (although i'm rather out of practice) and I might be partial to taking the odd risk for time to time.... ok... maybe a bit more often than I should ;)

I've played BattleTech and Mechwarrior over the years since the board game and I have also read a load of the books (that was a long time ago though and i've just downloaded the ebooks to read them again)

I love the Mechwarrior universe and I cant wait to get a chance to play this game and fight with honour with you chaps (and ladies?) under the flag of House Liao!

In my spare time I design games, watch a lot of films and listen to music in the realm of FUNK! .... R.I.P MCA of the Beasties.

#43 hydrix

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationMech cockpit

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:16 AM

Greetings,

My pilot's name is Hydrix, I usually prefer trapping other mech's in a small group.

Played most Mech games over the years, and a lot of on line strategy games. Now plan to move from WOT to here, as i think this will be much more fun.

Hope we get a house TS3 channel :blink:.

GL,HF. Hydrix.

#44 feetjai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • LocationThe netherlands

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:31 PM

Pilot name: feetjai
Experience:
Played a few mechwarrior games, usually play solo, like the Fafnir and it's 2 Gaus rifles =)
But with MWO I like to try all styles: scout, scout/assualt, assualt, etc

Suggestion:
- Use free TS servers in combination with a txt based schedule to roster pilots into smaller groups.
Because a 200 user TS servers costs money.... Saves you more money to buy lasers to toast opponents
mech.. \\ -_- //

Edited by feetjai, 02 June 2012 - 01:45 AM.

#45 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:36 PM

Welcome, feetjai. -_-

#46 hydrix

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationMech cockpit

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:55 AM

welcome! en veel succes!

#47 Kutkor

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPancevo, Serbia

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:27 AM

Too much Davion and Steiner in this thread make my mind blow!

Privet and Hello,
I'm Kutkor from Serbia, will be playing house Liao since they officially talk on Russian, don't know much about Batlletech universe but have played vidya Mechwarrior 3 and 4 addons etc and MechCommander games. I love blowing stuff up while driving a huge robot makes me more of a man and helps me soplve my RL insecurity issues. Since im totally insecure and don't have a gf I tend to yell at people during gaming, generaly I'm not a kewl guy i tend to bore everyone out with my comments, also i leave dota games when i lose. :D

My other interests are BEER, GIRLS, BEER, SOCCER, BEER, BEER, COMPUTERS, BEER... there are couple of other things, but excuse me im shallow aswell as insecure. :)

Also would like to kick some Steiner *** asap, so pls devs gief me some beta :(

#48 feetjai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • LocationThe netherlands

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:42 AM

View PostKutkor, on 02 June 2012 - 01:27 AM, said:

Too much Davion and Steiner in this thread make my mind blow!

Privet and Hello,
I'm Kutkor from Serbia, will be playing house Liao since they officially talk on Russian, don't know much about Batlletech universe but have played vidya Mechwarrior 3 and 4 addons etc and MechCommander games. I love blowing stuff up while driving a huge robot makes me more of a man and helps me soplve my RL insecurity issues. Since im totally insecure and don't have a gf I tend to yell at people during gaming, generaly I'm not a kewl guy i tend to bore everyone out with my comments, also i leave dota games when i lose. :D

My other interests are BEER, GIRLS, BEER, SOCCER, BEER, BEER, COMPUTERS, BEER... there are couple of other things, but excuse me im shallow aswell as insecure. :)

Also would like to kick some Steiner *** asap, so pls devs gief me some beta :(

Personally I had my share my insecureness, it has been a long time period. But it's behind me now. My power and hope comes from Jesus. And I don't need many things any longer. On topic: We share onemore thing at least: house Liao is going to crush the opposition. The brotherhood shall prevail. =)

View Posthydrix, on 02 June 2012 - 12:55 AM, said:

welcome! en veel succes!

Hello Dutch man. (I think you are, by the way you are typing words)

View PostAdridos, on 01 June 2012 - 11:36 PM, said:

Welcome, feetjai. :D

Fee reporting! When can I speed my scout on the look for possible targets Sir!?

#49 Tifalia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationBoardwalk, Capellan Confederation

Posted 02 June 2012 - 02:40 AM

View Postfeetjai, on 02 June 2012 - 01:42 AM, said:

Fee reporting! When can I speed my scout on the look for possible targets Sir!?

Patience, grasshopper, is the key to the Scout role. :-)

#50 Cendent

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:09 AM

Hi all, Crazy to see so many names here I remember from 10 years ago.

Using the handle Cendent now, use to be Crimson.

Can't wait to drop a few rounds with everyone ;)

#51 Beazle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationOahu

Posted 02 June 2012 - 05:52 PM

I'm Beazle.

You can call me Beaz (pronounced like the little buggers that sting you and die)

I also usually do a lot of damage and then die. That's not why i have the name.

I generally flip flop back and forth from super serious team player mode, to ijustwannblowdemallupandstompondaburninbits mode without any of those pesky gray areas in between.

I play Liao because i really REALLY hate pretty much everything they did to the Davions in the fiction, and i love nothing more than to crush those who like it.

I've been a fan of the BT universe since the early 90's, with long breaks from playing to scope out the DMZ and blow stuff up in the sand IRL for years at a time.

You want any more info, you'll have to buy me dinner.

#52 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:32 PM

View PostBeazle, on 02 June 2012 - 05:52 PM, said:

I play Liao because i really REALLY hate pretty much everything they did to the Davions in the fiction, and i love nothing more than to crush those who like it.

What? :(

Edited by Adridos, 02 June 2012 - 10:32 PM.

#53 Daidachi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 461 posts
  • LocationThe Andromeda Initiative

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:57 AM

Adridos: I believe Beaz is saying they're out to crush any fanboys of the 'yay, we're the good guys, all the other houses only exist to show how good we are!' brigade.

As opposed to those who recognise their house has flaws just like any other, but support it nevertheless. Who they'll defeat with respect on a battlefield, rather than contemptuously.

#54 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:11 AM

View PostDaidachi, on 03 June 2012 - 01:57 AM, said:

Adridos: I believe Beaz is saying they're out to crush any fanboys of the 'yay, we're the good guys, all the other houses only exist to show how good we are!' brigade.

I know, but making a bit of fun from him doesn't hurt anyone. :(

#55 Youngblood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • LocationGMT -6

Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:20 AM

Youngblood. Capellan. Tactics more like a Lyran or Regulan. Skinny and bitter like a string of licorice. Raised on MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries and Japanese pop culture. Can read a few runes. Tabletop fanatic. 'Mech customization addict. Likes 'em young and moé. Sleepless MMO Gamer. Blunt instrument. Overly complicated blunt instrument.

I'll be starting off with House alignment. Depending on how things develop after release, I may be looking for a casual Merc Corps later.

Edited by Youngblood, 03 June 2012 - 06:52 AM.

#56 Red October911

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 211 posts
  • LocationMTL,Quebec

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:58 AM

View PostKutkor, on 02 June 2012 - 01:27 AM, said:

My other interests are BEER, GIRLS, BEER, SOCCER, BEER, BEER, COMPUTERS, BEER...

Hahahahahaha XD

Don't worry comrade, I love beer, girls, computer and soccor as much as any other man, doesn't mean you're shallow at all. (and hockey since i'm a proud canuck :3)

#57 Harabecw

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 11:29 AM

Greetings to all new Liao recruits ;)

#58 Beazle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationOahu

Posted 03 June 2012 - 11:40 PM

View PostDaidachi, on 03 June 2012 - 01:57 AM, said:

As opposed to those who recognise their house has flaws just like any other, but support it nevertheless. Who they'll defeat with respect on a battlefield, rather than contemptuously.

This, and the fact that the made the Davions look like military geniuses by reinventing things that have been common sense for anybody with an ounce of knowledge since back when a lil' guy in China was writing his words on bunches of sticks bound together with string.

I love the Battletech game, and Universe (up to clan invasion, then i'm kinda Meh on it.), and i loved a lot of the fiction that had to deal with single planets or units, but the stuff on an "epic" scale was pure garbage. I'm talking about once the books were about wars instead of battles, and every character was either a House Lord, or the best in the universe at something or other. I mean, common, they actually wrote into the fiction that a couple of guys managed to figure out a way to use some sort of MAGIC to make their mechs un-hitable.

I could rant all day, but that would require me to look back at those books to make sure i've got my facts straight, and i just ate.

#59 Kithmar

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 32 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:34 PM

Hey everyone. I've spent quite a while just reading the forum but never posting. Guess it makes sence my first post is introducing myself to all my Capellan brothers and sisters.

Pilot name is Kithmar, ‘allo!

I started playing MW2:Mercs and have played everything since, (including the MechAssaults and MechCommander 1 & 2), up to MW4 expacs. I never got around to playing MW:LL. While I’ve played the games a lot my PVP experience is very limited having only really played against friends when MW3:Pirates Moon was fresh and new. I’ve played at least a dozen games of the table top using basic rules, nothing past tech found in 3050.

I’ve read the Kerensky Trilogy, Jade Phoenix and just about every book I could find that involves the Capellan Confederation. Sadly, their names escape me. I’m currently reading the Horus Heresy series for Warhammer 40k.

I chose House Liao after reading the data for each House on Sarna net. The Capellan Confederation ideals are closest to my own ideas for a perfect society, it’s something I can support and picture myself fighting for.

At the moment I’m not sure which role I would prefer to take on, though I am leaning towards being a scout. I hope to play a few games before really deciding.

On a side note,
I haven’t seen anything about a team speak or ventrillo server for us. Depending on how involved I get I might be willing to shell out the cash to run a Vent server.

Oh, on a second side note,
Youngblood, I laughed so hard when I saw your signature, it’s awesome.

Thanks guys!

Edited by Kithmar, 04 June 2012 - 01:37 PM.

#60 MurderXDEATH

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:35 PM

Hey yall, MurderX here, I played Battletech on gamestorm, and loved mechs ever since. Played every mech game after, really pleased to see this becoming reality. Played Liao in BT, so I stay loyal, hope to see you all on the field.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users