House Liao introductions

266 replies to this topic

#221 Virgil1

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:33 PM

Hello Truthstar and Fireberretta

Good to see you. I do have sad news, MR. V from years ago passed on and will be missed.

How is the game play? economy? planet capture? movement planet to planet? lance battles? company battles?

Virgil
PFL

#222 Truthstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:01 PM

View PostVirgil1, on 23 August 2012 - 02:33 PM, said:

Hello Truthstar and Fireberretta

Good to see you. I do have sad news, MR. V from years ago passed on and will be missed.

How is the game play? economy? planet capture? movement planet to planet? lance battles? company battles?

Virgil
PFL

Mr V? My memory needs a jumpstart..

View PostFireBerretta, on 23 August 2012 - 07:18 AM, said:

Welcome back Truthstar. Good to see you again!

Hey Virgil! Long time no see, welcome home!

Whats up Fire and Virgil. Welcome aboard

#223 Truthstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:06 PM

View PostAnders, on 22 August 2012 - 05:16 PM, said:

The Word of Lowtax welcomes you both to the House of Liao. May both your pocket books be heavier than your desires.

Robotically Yours,
Anders
Public Relations Officer, Director of Man/Bird Relations, Loremaster of the Word of Lowtax
Bropocalypse Now Battalion - "The Fist of Lowtax"

Hi Anders. We can schedule your counseling for a smooth transition into House Liao anytime. The electroshock treatments will be a personal journey but I'm sure you will come through it with minimal long-term effects and your loyalty to the House will be absolute. I look forward to your training!

Truthstar

Edited by Truthstar, 23 August 2012 - 04:07 PM.

#224 Grovestand

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:47 PM

Pilot Grovestand here; I don't have much of a background in the lore of battletech, but I did play MechWarrior 2 and 4 religiously when I was growing up. Started at a full time engineering job and a coworker and mechwarrior veteran, handle Virgil1, had recruited me in to House Liao.

Now that I'm not 12 anymore I'm excited to actually get in to some strategic and organized gameplay when the game is released.

Other interests include most mainstream scifi, star wars and trek, also games such as the mass effect series and especially the halflife series.

#225 RhymenoserousRex

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 133 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:58 PM

hi.

#226 Virgil1

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:14 AM

Grovestand just joined my company here in Virginia, found out he was a mechwarrior. I told him he could find a home in the CCAF.

Mr V was a personal friend of mine for over 30 years. We war gamed many a miniatures battle. He joined House Liao back in the early 90s and player MPBT. We were getting hammered by Steiners (there was a planet capture system) severly out numbered we were unable to hold back the horde. At $6 an hour non-prime time,$10 or $12 during business hours, it just wasn't smart to bankrupt yourself for a game. So I took to the forums and started a thread called the Rush Liaobaugh Show (the foums did not have a cost to post and read). I mocked the Steiners and their House Leader rather severely. As I got rolling with the show (quite alot of outraged Steiners did not seem to appreciate the show) I brought in MrV as a roving reporter. He was an entertaining and inventive writer that sent the poor Steiners over the top and off the edge. We were careful to never use any bad language, we just gave the facts as we saw them from a House Liao perspective.

We fought many a battle together and kept the House entertained with wit and biting humor, mostly at our enemies expense.

Because the novels and source books it takes a very tough and tenacious person to run the path of the CCAF. Numbers mean nothing because we are always outnumbered. Skill, ferocity, tenacity, wit, courage, honor are hallmarks of what it takes to be CCAF. All CCAF should strive to be inducted into the Lorix Order, as was my friend MrV, fallen but not forgotten.

Virgil von Hesse
MWO - InnerSphere Wars - MPBT3025 - Genie MPBT
I started in a locust and ended up as House Liao Executive Officer<ret>
Grandmaster Lorix Order <ret>

Edited by Virgil1, 25 August 2012 - 05:19 AM.

#227 Anders

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 612 posts
  • LocationKaetetôã

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:08 AM

View PostGrovestand, on 24 August 2012 - 02:47 PM, said:

Pilot Grovestand here; I don't have much of a background in the lore of battletech, but I did play MechWarrior 2 and 4 religiously when I was growing up. Started at a full time engineering job and a coworker and mechwarrior veteran, handle Virgil1, had recruited me in to House Liao.

Now that I'm not 12 anymore I'm excited to actually get in to some strategic and organized gameplay when the game is released.

Other interests include most mainstream scifi, star wars and trek, also games such as the mass effect series and especially the halflife series.

Mr. Grovestand:

We here at the Word of Lowtax welcome you to House Liao. May your science fiction one day become science fact.

Robotically Yours,
Anders
Public Relations Officer, Director of Man/Bird Relations, Loremaster of the Word of Lowtax

#228 metro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSians Celestial City- http://capellanconfederation.com/

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:22 AM

Lol...Virgil, was fun to re read that.

Hope to see a lot of you and grove around here

#229 MetalGrunt

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:09 PM

Hello house Liao, new here, knew from day one this would be the house for me

#230 Anders

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 612 posts
  • LocationKaetetôã

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:21 AM

View PostMetalGrunt, on 25 August 2012 - 11:09 PM, said:

Mr. Metal-Capital-Gee-runt:

We here at the Word of Lowtax welcome you to House Liao. We didn't think it was the house for us either, but we are now battle-brothers!

Robotically Yours,
Anders

#231 metro

• 2,491 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 06:51 AM

Welcome to House Liao Metalgrunt.

#232 FireBerretta

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 169 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:21 PM

View PostMetalGrunt, on 25 August 2012 - 11:09 PM, said:

Fantastic! Welcome to the only home you will ever need. It was great meeting you last night and dropping a few.

#233 karhn597

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:00 PM

Pilot Name: working on one for my pilot character

Name:Kahrn597 ( my old call sign was something like "Gandalf" but mispelled in MPBT 2025)

Background: When I was young in the early 90's, I whatched Battletech the cartoon and my brother taught me to play the tabletop battletech. I've played MW 2, 3, 4 series, MW Commander, MPBT 2025 and Battletech the table top game(FASA version). While beta testing for MPBT 2025, I became involved with the Steiner 5th Regimental Combat Team "Ghost Legion" of the Dixie Military District. From some old documents I found, I was assigned to the 3rd lance "Whispers" of the Ice Wolf Company of the 1st Battlation of the 5RCT.

After the end of MPBT 2025, it transitioned over to MW 4.

One of my friends, Virgil1, has recently convinced me to jion him this time playing for the Cappellan Confederation for house Liao. I also know Grovestand. I am anxious to play for house Liao with Virgil1 and Grovestand.

Other Interests: Warhammer 40,000 (books, tabletop, and computer games), NWNs 1 and 2, D&D, Forgotten Realms,Star Trek, Star Wars, almost any sci-fi and most fantasy.

I also have lots of legos and make techno lego models. Recently at a lego convention, a saw a number of battlemechs ranging from 6 inches to 15 inches tall made out of legos.

Edited by karhn597, 29 August 2012 - 07:31 AM.

#234 Anders

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 612 posts
  • LocationKaetetôã

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:36 PM

View Postkarhn597, on 28 August 2012 - 06:00 PM, said:

Pilot Name: working on one for my pilot character

Name:Kahrn597 ( my old call sign was something like "Gandalf" but mispelled in MPBT 2025)

Background: When I was young in the early 90's, I whatched Battletech the cartoon and my brother taught me to play the tabletop battletech. I've played MW 2, 3, 4 series, MW Commander, MPBT 2025 and Battletech the table top game(FASA version). While beta testing for MPBT 2025, I became involved with the Steiner 5th Regimental Combat Team "Ghost Legion" of the Dixie Military District. From some old documents I found, I was assigned to the 3rd lance "Whispers" of the Ice Wolf Company of the 1st Battlation of the 5RCT.

After the end of MPBT 2025, it transitioned over to MW 4.

One of my coworkers, Virgil1, has recently convinced me to jion him this time playing for the Cappellan Confederation for house Liao. I also know Grovestand. I am anxious to play for house Liao with Virgil1 and Grovestand.

Other Interests: Warhammer 40,000 (books, tabletop, and computer games), NWNs 1 and 2, D&D, Forgotten Realms,Star Trek, Star Wars, almost any sci-fi and most fantasy.

I also have lots of legos and make techno lego models. Recently at a lego convention, a saw a number of battlemechs ranging from 6 inches to 15 inches tall made out of legos.

Mr. Kahrn-five-niner-seven:

The Word of Lowtax welcomes you to House Liao. May you never step on that 1x1 block. Those really hurt.

Robotically Yours,
Anders
Public Relations Officer

Director of Man/Bird Relations
Loremaster of the Word of Lowtax

#235 Oniwaban501

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:18 AM

How do i join House Liao? long time TT player wanting in.

#236 metro

• 2,491 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:15 AM

View PostOniwaban501, on 29 August 2012 - 09:18 AM, said:

How do i join House Liao? long time TT player wanting in.

For mwo, you have the correct insignia, to get better aquainted with your fellow warriors

Check out the house website @ www.houseliao.com

#237 Butt Captain

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:23 PM

I introduced myself earlier, but now that I have a working neurohelmet (OOC: new computer that can run MWO!!!!), I thought it would be great to get to know the people I'll be able to join in defending the Capellan Confederation! Pleased to meet you all.

Edited by Butt Captain, 29 August 2012 - 01:24 PM.

#238 metro

• 2,491 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:47 PM

welcome, Captain. Houseliao awaits your service.

#239 Anders

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 612 posts
  • LocationKaetetôã

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:21 PM

View PostButt Captain, on 29 August 2012 - 01:23 PM, said:

I introduced myself earlier, but now that I have a working neurohelmet (OOC: new computer that can run MWO!!!!), I thought it would be great to get to know the people I'll be able to join in defending the Capellan Confederation! Pleased to meet you all.

Mr. Bee Captain:

The Word of Lowtax welcomes you to House Liao. May the stairs in your house always be protected.

Robotically Yours,
Anders
Public Relations Officer

Director of Man/Bird Relations
Loremaster of the Word of Lowtax

#240 metro

• 2,491 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:39 PM