#161 ArmyOfWon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 222 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

View PostBlark, on 21 December 2012 - 01:03 PM, said:

Maybe I like to argue too much, thats my fault, but I always try to stay objective and don't spread misinformation, I also hate it very much if people do spread misinformation, I feel personally attacked by it.

Haha, and on that note I believe we can agree! All I'm saying is that we should try to have Ohm's work updated because its already there. I am under the impression that the only reason Smurfy isn't stickied is because its (technically) redundant information, as most of it is already covered in Ohm's post. Therefore (by my assumption that redundant information cannot be stickied) if you quest to get Smurfy stickied it feels like to me that you're simultaneously trying to un-sticky the previous work.

I apologize for offending and misrepresenting you, but I still stand by my statement that we should try to get the currently stickied and longest-running post updated instead of expending efforts to change what is already currently in place. I've been helping Ohm get things up to date, and I would love to see other people do the same. We're a community here, a highly-opinionated, passionate community, and I think we should all just get along, work together, and just make everything as visible as possible with the least effort. Fair enough?

[/Christmas Spirit Lecture mode] :)

#162 Child3k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 141 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:45 AM

As it stand Ohm seems to have time issues where he just isn't able to keep his tables up to date. So - as I see it - he could be thankfull that someone is doing that work from now on ... I mean, I would be.

... I really like smurfys work - its well designed, precise, gets updated quickly and has more information than all the sheets and tables around.

Edited by Child3k, 22 December 2012 - 05:45 AM.

#163 M a y h e m

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 84 posts
  • LocationGMT -8:00 - Vancouver B.C.

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:01 AM

Great work, nice resource and nice layout. I think we have room for more than one resource, competition keeps everybody on their toes..

AV

#164 M a y h e m

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 84 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:05 AM

Agreed, that would be useful.
AV

View PostBottomLine, on 20 December 2012 - 12:34 PM, said:

is there any way to get torso twist max rotation per mech frame into the stats as well?

#165 smurfynet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 403 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:10 AM

View PostAlaric VISIGOTH, on 22 December 2012 - 08:05 AM, said:

Agreed, that would be useful.
AV

i thought so too, thats why i putted it in yesterday :) just visit the site (last column in the mech listing)

#166 Neonin

• PipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 63 posts
  • Location'Mech Cockpit

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:08 AM

Good site, bookmarked and linked in my Corps forum topic for useful sites and tools :)

#167 Blark

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • LocationMunich

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:26 PM

The mechbay is an amazing project mate, I love the ability to be finally able to share my builds easily, but I already told you that.

Now we only need as many people as possible to beta test it and give some feedback on the layout etc :lol:

ps: Sticky-worthy now? :D

pps: some people might not get how to share the mechs, a copy url button would be useful, I've send you some more feedback.

Edited by Blark, 22 December 2012 - 09:22 PM.

#168 M a y h e m

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 84 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:47 PM

Had no idea that you had a mechlab on your site, I imagine once you save a build you can always go back to it with a bookmark. Wicked cool implementation. Best mechlab to date.

#169 Blark

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • LocationMunich

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:07 PM

View PostAlaric VISIGOTH, on 22 December 2012 - 05:47 PM, said:

Had no idea that you had a mechlab on your site, I imagine once you save a build you can always go back to it with a bookmark. Wicked cool implementation. Best mechlab to date.

Smurfy released it to the public just yesterday, its still in the late alpha, early beta stage I guess.
He's got a lot of feedback to work on :)

Edited by Blark, 22 December 2012 - 06:08 PM.

#170 M a y h e m

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 84 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:07 PM

He's quite the talented web programmer if he's the one that coded the site. I really like it...

AV

View PostBlark, on 22 December 2012 - 06:07 PM, said:

Smurfy released it to the public just yesterday, its still in the late alpha, early beta stage I guess.

#171 Mishatron

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 73 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:46 PM

This is at least four kinds of awesome.

Do you have, or would you consider implementing, some kind of JSON or XML API? Have a few ideas for things I'd like to integrate with this.

Also, interested in how precisely you get hardpoint data from the XML files - from what I could see, the only way was through comments (which seems like bad practice) because most hardpoints have a value of "DEFAULT"; it seems that the type of hardpoint is mostly hardcoded in the client somewhere. If you have used the comments, did that all come out accurately?

I note that you have a "manual process" for updating the data files (I assume extracting and uploading from the relevant .pak files). If you are interested, I looked into how the patcher gets new files, with a view to automating this process. The problem is that one has to download pretty much a whole patch before you can even see if GameData.xml has been modified, and my server doesn't really have sufficient disk space for that. Anyway, if it's something you want to try out, investigate the following URLs:

http://patcher.mwome...chInventory.txt
http://patcher.mwome...erPatch_<n>.zip
http://patcher.mwome...ndPatch_<n>.zip
http://patcher.mwome...mePatch_<n>.zip

Where <n> is one of the numbers from the previous (*.Inventory.txt) URL. I strongly suspect that the relevant files (i.e. GameData.pak) come from the last two URLs.

#172 Blark

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • LocationMunich

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:21 PM

So a few unimaginative builds: :angry:

ECM-Cicada
ECM-Raven
C1-Farmcat
C4-Hybidcat
Obsolete Jenner Workhorse
Old-CTF-3D

My finger hurts now, add a max armor button or hold function to the list of feedback, oh and JJ's are missing.
Haven't found any new bugs so far :)

Edited by Blark, 22 December 2012 - 10:41 PM.

#173 Hawkwings

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 376 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:21 PM

Great stuff here, really amazing!

Some advice:

A heat meter similar to in-game would be nice.
The tonnage and armor bars are a bit confusing. Maybe have the "armor not on the mech" bar be in gray? For tonnage, what is that 2 tons at the beginning of the bar? Also, when the tonnage remaining is low, you can't read the number on it. Perhaps change it to a mouseover popup.
A "mech summary" in text form would be cool, just listing all the components and armor levels of the mech by section, along with overall mech stats like speed, heat capacity, etc.

#174 Snib

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:20 AM

View PostBlark, on 22 December 2012 - 06:07 PM, said:

Yes, he did a smooth job on it. And it's probably PGI style open beta now. Just wait for him to sell christmas lights. :angry: Just kidding. His turnaround time on feedback during "closed beta" was rather excellent btw.

View PostMishatron, on 22 December 2012 - 08:46 PM, said:

Also, interested in how precisely you get hardpoint data from the XML files - from what I could see, the only way was through comments (which seems like bad practice) because most hardpoints have a value of "DEFAULT"; it seems that the type of hardpoint is mostly hardcoded in the client somewhere. If you have used the comments, did that all come out accurately?

Look in Objects.pak. It's all XML.

#175 smurfynet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 403 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:50 AM

Just updated the mechlab, with most of the feature requests i got.

#176 Loqgar

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 78 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:43 AM

I think if would be great if we could see the number of missiles fired per volley as a small black number in the hard point. Once again great work, it just keeps getting better.

#177 BFett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • LocationA galaxy far far away...

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:32 AM

The missiles fired depends on the number of the missile ports and the size of the launcher. A cataphract with 4 missile ports on its left arm will shoot 5 vollies of missiles when a LRM20 is equiped.

#178 TopDawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 270 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:05 AM

I just wanted to say thanks Smurfy and keep up the good work! Your site is a great resource and extremely useful/helpful for any MWO player, and it just keeps getting better all the time.

#179 Snib

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:15 PM

View PostBFett, on 23 December 2012 - 10:32 AM, said:

The missiles fired depends on the number of the missile ports and the size of the launcher. A cataphract with 4 missile ports on its left arm will shoot 5 vollies of missiles when a LRM20 is equiped.

Here's the list (last column):

Spoiler

Smurfy said he wasn't sure whether the data is reliable so maybe you can look it over and confirm it for him so he feels comfortable adding it. ^_^

Also merry xmas all.

#180 grima

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationUS - NAZ

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:42 PM

Smurfy,

Thank you for this invaluable tool! You are truly amazing sir.

-grima

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users