#181 BFett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • LocationA galaxy far far away...

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:07 PM

View PostSnib, on 23 December 2012 - 12:15 PM, said:

Here's the list (last column):

Spoiler

Smurfy said he wasn't sure whether the data is reliable so maybe you can look it over and confirm it for him so he feels comfortable adding it. ^_^

Also merry xmas all.

Your chart looks correct, What you call Tubes (within the chart) is what am refering to as missile ports in my post. I can confirm that this data is correct. A simple way to test would be to enter the game and put a large LRM launcher in place of one of the smaller SRM that comes with a given mech. When the launcher is fired you will see that the missiles only fire as many at a time as there are 'Tubes' on the mech's section.

#182 smurfynet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 403 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:24 PM

Thanks to Snib for the data and Bfett for confirming it, i will add this infos soon.

#183 Grey Ghost

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 661 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:54 PM

I think the "Heat Efficiency" at the MechLab doesn't count the default Engine (up to 10 max at 250 rating) Heatsinks as double the value. It just counts them all as 1.4 Heatsinks.

My understanding as is in the game right now is that Heatsinks that come built into the engine act as 2.0 when using Double Heatsinks. Plus any extra added DHS, including those added to free slots in larger engines (275+ rating), then only count as 1.4.

At least that seems to be the consensus on the forums. I'd love to know if I've got it wrong.

#184 Blark

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • LocationMunich

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:25 PM

View PostGrey Ghost, on 23 December 2012 - 03:54 PM, said:

I think the "Heat Efficiency" at the MechLab doesn't count the default Engine (up to 10 max at 250 rating) Heatsinks as double the value. It just counts them all as 1.4 Heatsinks.

My understanding as is in the game right now is that Heatsinks that come built into the engine act as 2.0 when using Double Heatsinks. Plus any extra added DHS, including those added to free slots in larger engines (275+ rating), then only count as 1.4.

At least that seems to be the consensus on the forums. I'd love to know if I've got it wrong.

The online mechlab in fact counts all as 1.4 to represent the same heat-efficiency value as the in-game mechlab, because it also counts them as 1.4.
Smurfy wanted to count them as 2.0, but It was my opinion that It might throw people off (ie: what the hack, the heateff. in game is way different! :)), perhaps I was wrong to suggest it though ;)

#185 TopDawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 270 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:33 PM

View PostBlark, on 23 December 2012 - 04:25 PM, said:

The online mechlab in fact counts all as 1.4 to represent the same heat-efficiency value as the in-game mechlab, because it also counts them as 1.4.
Smurfy wanted to count them as 2.0, but It was my opinion that It might throw people off (ie: what the hack, the heateff. in game is way different! :)), perhaps I was wrong to suggest it though ;)

I think it makes sense to do it the way it currently is; perhaps with a note that up to the first 10 heatsinks in the engine actually run at 2.0, despite the heat efficiency not reflecting it.

#186 Grey Ghost

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 661 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:26 PM

View PostTopDawg, on 23 December 2012 - 04:33 PM, said:

I think it makes sense to do it the way it currently is; perhaps with a note that up to the first 10 heatsinks in the engine actually run at 2.0, despite the heat efficiency not reflecting it.

OR why not do both. Just label it differently. Unofficial Heat Efficiency, Unconfirmed Heat Efficiency, or whatever.

#187 FiveDigits

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

I just saw the added MechLab. The site was an amazing resource before. Now it's just ... :) ... I'm out of words.
Keep up the excellent work. I can't give you enough likes for it.

One small suggestion: The weapon and modules lists are quite hard to scroll through. Could you add selectable categories?
  • Ballistic, Energy, Missile, All for weapons
  • Standard Engine, XL Engine, Equipment, All for modules
Weiter so!

#188 Blark

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • LocationMunich

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

View PostFiveDigits, on 23 December 2012 - 05:38 PM, said:

I just saw the added MechLab. The site was an amazing resource before. Now it's just ... ;) ... I'm out of words.
Keep up the excellent work. I can't give you enough likes for it.

One small suggestion: The weapon and modules lists are quite hard to scroll through. Could you add selectable categories?
  • Ballistic, Energy, Missile, All for weapons
  • Standard Engine, XL Engine, Equipment, All for modules
Weiter so!

Thats not a bad Idea.. perhaps sub-tabs for the different categories? I'm certain smurfy will come up with something.

ps: kann ich nur zustimmen :)

#189 EnigmaNL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 379 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:02 PM

Good work smurfy! I've been using your mech stats for a while and just found out about the mech lab, it's pretty awesome!

#190 FiveDigits

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:17 PM

Also, how can this is still not be pinned?

#191 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:47 PM

Dude, this is incredibly awesome. Thanks so much!

If I can make a feature request: Can we get weapon/equipment stats displayed as a tooltip on mouseover?

#192 Seethe

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationGrid Fox Niner

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:24 AM

Smurfy:

First of all, your online mechlab is FANTASTIC.  Awesome work!

I did notice a discrepancy in the Heat Efficiency when comparing between the MWO Client's mechlab and your online mechlab.  Not sure if you were aware of it yet, or not.

Here's the test build I made, which is identical to one I currently have in-game:
Ilya Muromets: Triple UAC5 Build

The Heat Efficiency in the game client shows 1.13
The Heat Efficiency in your online mechlab shows 1.43

The relevant information for this build is:
  • 3x UAC5
  • 2x Med Lasers
  • Double Heat Sinks
  • Standard Engine 225
  • +1 Dbl Heatsink (for a total of 10)

Not sure which number is correct, but I thought I'd point it out in case it is considered a bug.

Keep up the outstanding work!

Edited by Seethe, 24 December 2012 - 02:25 AM.

#193 AndyHill

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:49 AM

Wow this is great stuff. PGI please copy the UI to the actual mechlab please please.

#194 M4jk

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 51 posts
  • LocationCZ

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:53 AM

Great thing, many thanks!

#195 Ricktor Black

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 74 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:23 AM

My only wish was that I had more 'likes' to give! This is awesome! Thanks!

#196 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:40 AM

good work

i would give you +100 if possible

#197 TruePoindexter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Location127.0.0.1

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:07 PM

Thanks a ton!

#198 Zortax

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:19 PM

Fantastic tool, definitely make planning out a new mech much easier and more intuitive. Any chances of maybe getting something where it can also give a total C-Bill cost for the mech as built?

#199 Blark

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • LocationMunich

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:29 AM

View PostZortax, on 24 December 2012 - 03:19 PM, said:

Fantastic tool, definitely make planning out a new mech much easier and more intuitive. Any chances of maybe getting something where it can also give a total C-Bill cost for the mech as built?

Afaik Cbill-costs don't seem to be in the game-files but are loaded from a server by the client, which makes it hard to extract and display them if you don't want to read values out for the games memory.

#200 Vechs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:43 AM

This is great, I love it. :(

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users