smurfy mechlab guide

1768 replies to this topic

#81 Bident

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:19 PM

PPC dont have heat 9 like Large pulse laser, I woud say more like 10

(notice that when switching betwen LPL and PPC my HE drop for 0,1)

Edited by Bident, 01 December 2012 - 01:22 PM.

#82 smurfynet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 403 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:37 PM

View PostBident, on 01 December 2012 - 01:19 PM, said:

PPC dont have heat 9 like Large pulse laser, I woud say more like 10

Based on game data it does have a heat of 9.

The reason it generates more heat per second is because of its lower cooldown and no duration. Which allows you to shoot faster, therefore generating more heat.

Thats why there is the column HPS and EHS in the table.

smurfy

#83 Blark

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • LocationMunich

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:19 AM

Thx for the pictures mate, better for printing out then the page; tough the page is still more informative :D

#84 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:02 AM

Maybe you should get in contact with Ohmwrecker?
From his thread, Blark mentioned your site when Ohmwrecker said it would be helpful to have an app that extracts the data from the game files, and since you seem to (almost?) have it:

View PostOhmwrecker, on 29 November 2012 - 10:40 AM, said:

Hey Blark, I'm well aware that there have been others that have created applications that can auto-yank data from the files. Since July there have actually been many community members that contacted me about creating such an application, but then they went on to try to make their own sheets, sites, or applications. It's clear that this community could use more collaborators, and I asked DrAmnesia if he could make such an application for the purposes of helping my sheets.

You've already plugged your friend once in this thread. If he's open to sharing his application with the community, feel free to have him contact me. If not then bringing him up in such a way doesn't do much to help. I hope that you can understand where I'm coming from, let's try to keep things relevant.

Note to everyone else, all of my sheets should be updated soon.

If he managed to clear his PM box, it could be useful to send him a PM.

If you want to share...

Edited by MustrumRidcully, 03 December 2012 - 03:03 AM.

#85 22hits

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:24 AM

View Postsmurfynet, on 20 November 2012 - 01:22 PM, said:

here is my Mechwarrior Online Reference Site:

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/

well done! thank you

#86 Blark

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • LocationMunich

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:25 PM

View PostMustrumRidcully, on 03 December 2012 - 03:02 AM, said:

Maybe you should get in contact with Ohmwrecker?
From his thread, Blark mentioned your site when Ohmwrecker said it would be helpful to have an app that extracts the data from the game files, and since you seem to (almost?) have it:

If he managed to clear his PM box, it could be useful to send him a PM.

If you want to share...

Its for smurfy to decide, although he already shares his work with the community as you can see ;)

My personal opinion however is that smurfys thread should simply be pinned; he put a lot of work into it and his work is great, he surly deserves it.
Don't get me wrong, Ohmwrecker did a terrific job at the beginning, and helped the community greatly, and I'm honestly grateful for his work, but seeing that he is doing a lot of reviews for other games but not updating his tables for over a month now makes me think that he is simply not very interested in MWO anymore.

Edited by Blark, 03 December 2012 - 02:26 PM.

#87 ElcomeSoft

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 473 posts
  • LocationNewcastle upon Tyne, England

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:21 AM

Thank you for this great resource (love the hover-over bits on the website).

Is there any possibility of including projectile speeds? I'm curious to see what I can pair up projectile-wise to compliment my builds. Gauss + PPC in the same weapon group alpha, as just an example.

As much as I would like an Effective DHS column for weapons, I understand that this is not possible at the moment with the way that DHS are working right now. Hopefully in the future if PGI see fit to make changes of that nature I would like to see an EHS column added for DHS in the future.

#88 smurfynet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 403 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:34 AM

View PostElcomeSoft, on 04 December 2012 - 07:21 AM, said:

Is there any possibility of including projectile speeds? I'm curious to see what I can pair up projectile-wise to compliment my builds. Gauss + PPC in the same weapon group alpha, as just an example.

As much as I would like an Effective DHS column for weapons, I understand that this is not possible at the moment with the way that DHS are working right now. Hopefully in the future if PGI see fit to make changes of that nature I would like to see an EHS column added for DHS in the future.

Hi,

Projectile Speed is there since day one :ph34r: (see speed column at weapons)

About DHS values, as you mentioned, there is a problem with caluclating it, because some dhs count as 2.0 others as 1.4 heat reduction. Maybe PGI changes that someday :lol:

#89 ElcomeSoft

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 473 posts
  • LocationNewcastle upon Tyne, England

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:59 AM

View Postsmurfynet, on 04 December 2012 - 07:34 AM, said:

Hi,

Projectile Speed is there since day one ^_^ (see speed column at weapons)

Sorry about that, I missed it :D (And I've only used this at least 20 times in the past 2 weeks)

#90 smurfynet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 403 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:43 PM

Just updated to 1.1.161

#91 Nacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 661 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

Can I suggest a checkbox (or something that might work better) to highlight changes that was made from previous stats?
I also would like to see list of engine with their Weight, Heatsinks, and speed for each mech on your web chart version.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

#92 Blark

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • LocationMunich

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:27 PM

View PostNacon, on 04 December 2012 - 06:04 PM, said:

Can I suggest a checkbox (or something that might work better) to highlight changes that was made from previous stats?
I also would like to see list of engine with their Weight, Heatsinks, and speed for each mech on your web chart version.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

There is a little version selector on the lower right corner to switch between versions, but no direct compare function yet.

Engine stats are all there, most people just don't seem to notice them: just click on the stats in the "Engines" column of any mech, you'll get a popup displaying every engine the mech can carry (with weight, heatsinks/heatsink-slots, speed etc.) :)

ps: Thanks for the update smurfy :D

Edited by Blark, 04 December 2012 - 07:27 PM.

#93 Nacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 661 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:43 AM

@engine:.... :)

@stats version: That I knew, mainly wanted the highlighted changes to make it easier to read.

Thanks for the tip on the engine. :ph34r:

#94 Besh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:02 AM

This is GREAT ! Very convenient and helpfull, thanks.

#95 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:39 AM

View Postsmurfynet, on 04 December 2012 - 07:34 AM, said:

Hi,

Projectile Speed is there since day one :rolleyes: (see speed column at weapons)

How about the Impulse values?

About DHS values, as you mentioned, there is a problem with caluclating it, because some dhs count as 2.0 others as 1.4 heat reduction. Maybe PGI changes that someday :)

Maybe you could calculate it based on 10 engine heat sinks. That should give a reasonable ballpark value for most mechs.

#96 WVAnonymous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,691 posts
  • LocationEvery world has a South Bay. That's where I am.

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:22 AM

A bump for the cost suggestion, particularly for ammo. I'm seeing commentary that SSRM ammo costs more now, and that specific table seems to have room to add the column.

#97 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:01 PM

Love the list online. It's awesome and book marked :). You did mention that if we had suggestions for more data to post it (yeah, you opened that door). Can you include engine stats (don't need how fast each mech goes with each engine, you cover that adequately), but would like cost and weight and HS (if it varies after the 275 rating requirement)? Thanks.

EDIT: You have the data, but would be nice to have it's own complete chart instead of clicky on what each mech can have. Thanks.

Edited by cdlord, 05 December 2012 - 01:05 PM.

#98 Nacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 661 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:23 AM

Smurfynet, I've found an error in your data chart. Currently in Ammo section, it says LRM has 1.6 damage per missile. While the weapon section says it's otherwise.

Edited by Nacon, 06 December 2012 - 01:25 AM.

#99 BCOVertigo

• PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:42 AM

View PostNacon, on 06 December 2012 - 01:23 AM, said:

Smurfynet, I've found an error in your data chart. Currently in Ammo section, it says LRM has 1.6 damage per missile. While the weapon section says it's otherwise.

View PostBlark, on 27 November 2012 - 06:48 AM, said:

The internal damage is the damage the ammo causes if it explodes as far as I understand it.

View Postsmurfynet, on 27 November 2012 - 07:13 AM, said:

@Shok

Blark is right, the "Internal Damage" is the damage caused if the ammo explodes (at least how i interpret the data from the game.), it seams they did't change that after the patch.

You can see the damage caused per missile if you mouseover the (i) icon in the weapon damage column for lrm/srm...

But i think i will highlight the info that its ammo explode damage, not the damage it causes to your target.

#100 Paullus Valcerus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:44 PM

The AC/2 fire-rate is still 0.5?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users