Entire Screen Is Obscured By A Yellow Filter

v1.0.150

111 replies to this topic

Poll: Entire Screen Is Obscured By A Yellow Filter (419 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you experiencing this issue?

1. No (31 votes [7.40%])

Percentage of vote: 7.40%

2. Yes (388 votes [92.60%])

Percentage of vote: 92.60%

Vote

#41 iller

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationColo.

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:17 AM

Out of about ~30 games, it happened 3 times
Most often on that Badlands-Caldera map
It clearly comes from that unnecessary HUD animation at the beginning of every Drop.

When it happens, no other UI elements can show up.
Only holding down the scoreboard seems to affect it, and only temporarily.

Specs:
http://home.comcast....peccy_iller.txt

Edited by iller, 21 November 2012 - 11:20 AM.

#42 Kain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • LocationZenith-Jumppoint, Tukayyid

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:25 PM

if happened to me once on Forest Colony

it never happened in previous versions

#43 Al Bert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:31 PM

Happened to me first time ever (in > 50 matches since the new patch) just 10 minutes ago:

Caustic Valley, drop of 4, me running HBK 4SP

Windows 7 64 bit
core i7 3610QM@2.3 GHz
16 GB RAM
GTX670m with 1.5 GB

I tried right Shift+F11, power up/down, TAB - in the latter case, the filter was gone until TAB release, elsewise the filter was still there.

regards,
Al Bert

Edited by Al Bert, 21 November 2012 - 12:31 PM.

#44 HavocReign

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:25 PM

Got this bug for the first time today. First match. Caustic valley. Alt tab, power down/up, etc does not/not work.

#45 Daggett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,244 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:09 PM

Before the patch i never experienced this bug, but today it happened 3 times out of about 12 games.
It occured on Forest Colony Snow and Frozen City.

System:
MSI GX660R Notebook
Intel i7 740-QM
ATI Radeon HD5870 / 1GB DDR5
8 GB DDR III RAM
Win 7 64bit
Samsung SSD as System Harddrive

EDIT: Just happened for the 4th time in one evening.
This is a serious all to frequent fun-killing bug, totally hotfix-worthable.
Im pretty sure simply disabling the unneeded flavor-animation at the start of a match will do the trick.

Edited by Daggett, 21 November 2012 - 04:31 PM.

#46 Cedrin

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:46 PM

Just started getting this. I hate to have to bail on my team at the start of a match because of bugs with the graphics. But it is unplayable with this bug.

#47 sokitumi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:25 PM

yup.. same here. It's messed up because you can tab view score and the yellow filter goes away while tabbed.

#48 Mad Porthos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationChicago, Illinois

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:51 PM

This has happened to me twice now in the past 5 games, both times perhaps coincidentally on forest colony map. May well be a reason for disconnect as well for others... in my case it's the "filter" that appears when your 'visuals' first come online at the beginning of the match. You can faintly see the player names of the teams, environments and countdown to start, but other than a few beginning movements, control is lost of the mech almost immediately as well. You can vaguely see the progress of battle and hear updates and audio of targeting and the like, however I believe most at this point would chose to close the game by means of task manager - since as mentioned, the program seems unresponsive at that point despite some visual updates/audio.

This doesn't happen every time, but does seem to happen now after the latest patch that I downloaded today. Last time I played before this, on the 19th, I had no such issues over perhaps a dozen or more matches.

My machine is a Core Duo 6850, 3.0ghz, with (2)EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTS 8800's, 640mb each. This error has occured attempting to run in SLI and after turning SLI off. Just to check, I even removed one of the cards, as I was concerned about it's heat. Not running overclocked at all, the yellow filter effect still occurs.

The mother board is an EVGA 780i SLI motherboard and I've 4GB of PC-8500 DDR2 memory, running at 1066mhz.

Operating System is Windows7-64bit, kept autoupdated.

Edited by Mad Porthos, 21 November 2012 - 07:53 PM.

#49 AllOuttaBubbleGum

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 157 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:25 PM

This happened to me for the first time. Yellow haze went away when tabbing to look at scores then returned one I stopped pressing Tab.

#50 Madcat 0503

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:29 PM

I had this bug rarely. 1 out of 20 games. I get this one (most times) after a heat shutdown, the mech cames back up, but there is no hud and only this yellow filter. An additional shutdown solves it sometimes, but in most cases you don't have the time to do a second power down/up sequence ^^

#51 Vanguard319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:33 PM

happened to me tonite, wound up fighting blind.

#52 Al Bert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:51 PM

I find it very remarkable how in a thread specifically asked for technical details (open beta!) by Dev's to finally work on the issue, only a handful of people (maybe 5-6 out of 45 up to now) are able to give their system specifics or the specifics of occurrence like for example at least the map. In working on the error and track it down it does not help a bit to state "I have the error, too and it sucks". Not even a tiny bit.

C'mon, get more constructive please.
Al Bert

#53 PhoenixGSR

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:08 PM

This happened to me 3 times out of 10 last night. Never happened to be before this patch.

Intel iCore7 3.4Ghz
Nvidia GTX580SC 1.5Gb
Windows 7 64 bit
8GB of ram

#54 FLes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 100 posts
  • LocationZagreb, Croatia

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:17 AM

I had it happen to me now for the first time. It was at the start of the Forest Colony.

Win 7 64-bit
Phenom II X4 955
HD 5850 1 GB
4 GB DDR3

#55 TanE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 757 posts
  • LocationIn investigation of the Ghostbear Dominion

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:42 AM

Happened only one time of about 30 matches in forest colony standard.

I had a very small gap ob the bottom of the screen (about 1 inch) , where i could see the normal colours.

Intel Q6600
4 GB
Win 7
HD5700 @ 1680x1050 (low spec ingame)

Edited by TanE, 22 November 2012 - 02:44 AM.

#56 Rixsaw

• PipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 58 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:09 AM

I had this several times when I first got MWO, about 2 patches ago, but I updated my video drivers and adjusted the settings in MWO and i stopped experiencing it.

Last night I received this same yello screen of not sure who to shoot at.

I believe it is a shader problem. Because I can see the outlines of the mechs.

And if I hit tab, I can see the game perfectly other than the score is obscuring my view and I can't shoot while the score screen is up.

If you release tab, the hud pops back up and your entire screen is covered in yellowish orange horribleness.

#57 Rixsaw

• PipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 58 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:13 AM

Actually you know this may be the same issue as black screen of death, the HUD is the problem. something is causing the HUD to display as a full screen yellow obscurity, like it overun's a buffer or something.

Maybe give players a hud reboot ability?

#58 The Bad Charlie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 103 posts
  • LocationNeuquén, Argentina

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:09 AM

Happened to me only once since the patch, i alt-tabbed during the game loading screen. Forest colony. While looking at the scores (tab) the game looks normal. Alt-tabbing or power down did not help.

#59 Dranume

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:53 AM

• How often does this issue occur?
Only happened once
  • Does this occur on a specific map or any map?
The map that it happened on was Caustic
  • What are your basic system specs? (OS, CPU, GPU, RAM)
Windows 7/ 3.8 i7 / GTX 560x2 sli / 8 gigs DDR3 800mghrz i think could be faster

#60 LadyZowy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 262 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:59 AM

My experience with this issue has only been once. Last night while loading into Frozen, I alt+tabbed out while the game was loading to do something in TS and then on Alt+Tab back the yellow filter was in place. My HUD was not there, I had no systems presentation. My targeting reticle was also missing. No nav info.

I was still fully functional. My viability was limited to less than 50m. A lance mate confirmed that I was able to fire, move and I followed him to our base as I couldn't see enough to locate it even though I'd spanned right in front of it.

Our team won the match and on the load of the match details my screen refreshed and I was able to see the battlefield through the cockpit windows again.

Seems to be an issue in the HUD overlay.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users