Nerf Streak Missiles

445 replies to this topic

Poll: Streaks (713 member(s) have cast votes)

Nerf Streaks?

1. Abandon all pretense, just nerf them out of existence for the sake of it (43 votes [6.03%])

Percentage of vote: 6.03%

2. They need a slight nerf (188 votes [26.37%])

Percentage of vote: 26.37%

3. They're fine (joke option) (482 votes [67.60%])

Percentage of vote: 67.60%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 The Bad Charlie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 103 posts
  • LocationNeuquén, Argentina

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:29 PM

This just in: The A1 has all of their weapons on two giant, and easy to remove, lumps on the sides of the body.

More to follow.

#22 Sean von Steinike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:32 PM

Weird how Streakcats are completely helpless after 270m. Hmmm...might be on to something there..........

#23 w0rm

• Giant Helper
  • 2,162 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:34 PM

View PostSolis Obscuri, on 20 November 2012 - 03:24 PM, said:

Are they all hitting CT rear again?

nope damage is spread

#24 Teralitha

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

View PostSean von Steinike, on 20 November 2012 - 03:32 PM, said:

Weird how Streakcats are completely helpless after 270m. Hmmm...might be on to something there..........

Weird how they can outrun you.... Thats okay if "you" think they are fine. But how will you answer all QQ that is soon to come concerning their new overpoweredness... Notice how this topic was STARTED BY a streakapult pilot?

Might be on to something there...

Edited by Teralitha, 20 November 2012 - 03:37 PM.

#25 Hiroshi Brahe

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:37 PM

I find it extremely satisfying killing lights and mediums in my A-1. Also love how lights and mediums engage me too, knowing im a streak cat. Us streak-cats are not that difficult to kill: group focus firing and staying out of our 270m range. People find streak cats difficult because they are not using strategy, just charging in blindly. If that happens, i am going to light you up.

#26 New Breed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:40 PM

I admit.. I'm boating them now, abusing the hell out of it.. they are amazing.

#27 Teralitha

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:42 PM

View PostHiroshi Brahe, on 20 November 2012 - 03:37 PM, said:

I find it extremely satisfying killing lights and mediums in my A-1. Also love how lights and mediums engage me too, knowing im a streak cat. Us streak-cats are not that difficult to kill: group focus firing and staying out of our 270m range. People find streak cats difficult because they are not using strategy, just charging in blindly. If that happens, i am going to light you up.

Of course.. team coordination and focus fire can bring down anything

#28 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:46 PM

View Postw0rm, on 20 November 2012 - 03:34 PM, said:

nope damage is spread

Then I don't see a major problem - concentrate direct fire to knock those ears off if you're in a medium/heavy, run out of range if you're in a light. SSRM CPLT-A1s were pretty broken when they were able to 2-shots mediums with 100% CT hits, but if they spread damage properly, you should be able to counter them.

#29 Jessex

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:49 PM

Until the netcode and other issues with shooting fast mechs is fixed leave streaks alone.

#30 Twisp

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • 109 posts
  • LocationBed

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:50 PM

They're perfectly fine. They're only a serious danger for mediums and above when used on streakcats. That being said, any highly-specialized (and let's not forget, inflexible) build, based entirely around a single kind of weapon, will generally be really effective in a certain situation - in this case, close in combat. There are many downsides to taking this route, of course, the greatest of which are incredibly high maintenance and setup costs, and the absolute inability to deal with more than a single target simultaneously.

#31 Teralitha

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:53 PM

View PostTwisp, on 20 November 2012 - 03:50 PM, said:

They're perfectly fine. They're only a serious danger for mediums and above when used on streakcats. That being said, any highly-specialized (and let's not forget, inflexible) build, based entirely around a single kind of weapon, will generally be really effective in a certain situation - in this case, close in combat. There are many downsides to taking this route, of course, the greatest of which are incredibly high maintenance and setup costs, and the absolute inability to deal with more than a single target simultaneously.

And yet... they still dominate any match they are in. Even with all their.. uhm.. shortcomings.

Edited by Teralitha, 20 November 2012 - 03:54 PM.

#32 Captain Midnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:57 PM

I love how the forum white knight brigade didn't even read my post. It's less than 50 words and you CBA? I'm not a light pilot, I'm the A1 pilot. People are coming into teamspeak trying to tell me that streaks don't really do that much damage, then when I say I'm doing 900+ damage and collecting 3-6 kills on a regular basis they tell me that means my weapons suck, because that damage is all spread out!

Newsflash, they require LITERALLY zero skill and yet they are competitive with other weapon systems? Sorry, but no. Missiles hardpoint = Streak Hardpoint and that's messed up.

#33 Redmond Spiderhammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:05 PM

View Postw0rm, on 20 November 2012 - 03:34 PM, said:

nope damage is spread

Only over the torso locations, depending on movement. I'd prefer it be spread over the entire mech but I imagine that would screw with homing

#34 Solis Obscuri

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:09 PM

View PostCaptain Midnight, on 20 November 2012 - 03:57 PM, said:

I'm doing 900+ damage and collecting 3-6 kills on a regular basis

Congrats on fighting dumb people?

#35 Captain Midnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

View PostSolis Obscuri, on 20 November 2012 - 04:09 PM, said:

Congrats on fighting dumb people?

The only dumb people are the ones who think a weapon that requires no skill ought to be the best weapon in it's class... SRMs take ENORMOUS skill to wield, SSRMS take negative skill.

#36 Chuckie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,738 posts
  • LocationHell if I don't change my ways

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:12 PM

I have said it before and will say it again.. the simple solution.. increase wieght by .5 ton.. then they start to over heat or lose ammo.. Simple solution that doesnt affect gameplay for smaller mechs that NEED SSRMs.

#37 Tarrok

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:13 PM

The only thing I would say is to tone down the cockpit rocking effect of Streaks. SCats chain firing can make it much more difficult to place accurate shots, locking down a brawler and dealing consistent damage. Since it's only a problem when boating + chaining streaks, I don't think we're going to miss the rocking effect on other setups with one/two streaks.

Leave damage as is and perhaps play with the spread amount a little. Otherwise they are fine.

#38 AC

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:17 PM

a 25 ton commando with 3 streak 2's is more dangerous than a hunchback right now. Why is this game so imbalanced! You are getting hit by a Streak SRM 2 2 Not by a face full of gauss for &#$% sake. It is only TWO missiles!

#39 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:22 PM

The fix for streaks should be two-fold: increase the heat they generate, and increase the cooldown to maybe 1.5-2x that of standard srms.

#40 Solis Obscuri

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:28 PM

View PostCaptain Midnight, on 20 November 2012 - 04:11 PM, said:

The only dumb people are the ones who think a weapon that requires no skill ought to be the best weapon in it's class... SRMs take ENORMOUS skill to wield, SSRMS take negative skill.

If people are consistently losing to a heavy 'mech that produces just 8.57 DPS, can't aim any of its weapons to concentrate damage or location-target, and is completely incapable of engaging them outside of 270m, then yes, they are dumb.

If they let you last for almost 2 minutes of continuous firing without blowing off your mouse-ears, they are being extra dumb.

As for skill... are we yet again on the topic of REAL!!!1!!!!! SKILL!1!!!11!!! MOUSE-CLICKING!!!1!!11!! :(

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users