To Clan or not to Clan

410 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you play a clan character if you were given the chance? (996 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you play a clan character if you were given the chance?

1. Yes (660 votes [66.27%])

Percentage of vote: 66.27%

2. No (336 votes [33.73%])

Percentage of vote: 33.73%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 Samson

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 190 posts
  • LocationLow Geosynchronous Orbit

Posted 04 November 2011 - 04:00 PM

Honestly I wouldn't. They may have some good lore, they may have some sweet tech but all the people that would switch sides so they "can haz MadCat" would be maddening.

Besides, having some horrible almost faceless evil side to fight against would really give the IS some great drive to win.

That being said, some captured tech would be sweeeeeeeeet.

Edited by Samson, 04 November 2011 - 04:03 PM.

#82 Venkman

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:29 PM

View PostProgram_024, on 03 November 2011 - 03:52 PM, said:

there is the greater sense of freedom with the clans.

Nothing screams freedom like a rigid caste system, am I right?

#83 Jade Wolf

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationTrenton, Ontario Canada

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:06 PM

I played my main Character for two years of gaming. She was a lucky character till the last 2 months of gaming. lost a leg, arm and left eye.
She was per Game Master's story Orphaned Wolf sock, from Clan Wolf genetic matereal lost enroute to Outreach after Huntress was attacked. Jump Ship carring the Canister and techs on board a jump ship was damaged by a Pirate attack to protect the cargo, the jump ships rammed the Pirate jumpship. The Clan Dropships made landfall on an outer rim Planet of Draconis Combine, as did the pirate dropship. The clan Tech had a few Freeborn Mech Warriors and old Star League Mechs. They defeted the pirates and took the surviving Pirates as Bondsmen.

Jade was tanked and born 3032, her first Battle was ad a Draconis Warrior against Smoke Jaguar.

#84 Zophar

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:11 PM

Clan no question

#85 StrangeTaco

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 5 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:19 PM

I've gotta say, even if I had to buy the ability to play jade falcon I would in a heartbeat.

#86 torgian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 283 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:22 PM

Yes. I would be a Jade Falcon. However, I'd join up with a roleplay group, since i think the clans have some of the best roleplay potential in the game.

If integrated correctly, Clans can be fun. Bidding wars anyone?

#87 torgian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 283 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:24 PM

View PostSamson, on 04 November 2011 - 04:00 PM, said:

Honestly I wouldn't. They may have some good lore, they may have some sweet tech but all the people that would switch sides so they "can haz MadCat" would be maddening.

Besides, having some horrible almost faceless evil side to fight against would really give the IS some great drive to win.

That being said, some captured tech would be sweeeeeeeeet.

I agree with you. I think fighting against some faceless enemy, such as described in the Blood of Kerensky novels, would be amazing. Salvage would be awesome too. I don't know how the devs will be able to pull it off though without some really sweet AI.

#88 Jack Gallows

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:34 PM

View Postadridos, on 04 November 2011 - 02:51 PM, said:

Im with Liao too, but I disagree with him (like I could speak to him :) ). Teamwork is better than skill and if your mech doesnt equal your skill, you dont stand a chance against fairly coordinated team. Pretty tough speak for someone using modified Centurion. :D

As stated, there's other mechwarriors who have pulled off the feat, AND Kai was also very apt at team fighting. He proved this many times at Victor's side.

#89 gcmdr chris

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:36 PM

yes, i want timberwolves, sorry there Samson. if i can pilot timberwolves and direwolves i would go clan in a heartbeat, and on top of that the ability to RP as a clan warrior? yes sign me up. give me my dual erppc and 3x mpl > : )

bv=no, bv IS unbalanced favoring the IS, if anything make battles as stated before 10v12. 4v5 so on so forth.
or code clan weapons so they get massive range,more damage but alot more heat. code in engine damages and the armor differences between is and clan.

#90 Ash Reeves

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:40 PM

Let the Clans follow whatever code of honour they wish....the result will still be the same, dead clanners.

#91 Der BruzZzler von Wiesndoof

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationAm Grill

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:41 PM

View Postadridos, on 04 November 2011 - 01:31 PM, said:

Most people want to play Clans just because of their guns, they dont care about any lore behind them...

Most, but not ALL! :)

Me for an example: I like the clans theory, their way of thinking, rules and their views. They're simply more interesting to me. That has nothing to do with their weapons or technologys. By the way... Their "guns" have not only advantages.They also have disadvantages.

Not any clanner is a 15 year old "Modern Warfare-nerd".

#92 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:50 PM

View PostThe_Birdeater, on 04 November 2011 - 06:41 PM, said:

Not any clanner is a 15 year old "Modern Warfare-nerd".

We all know Smoke Jaguar Clanners are all just masochists cause they know their Clan gets Annihilated. :)

#93 torgian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 283 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:55 PM

View PostJack Gallows, on 04 November 2011 - 06:50 PM, said:

We all know Smoke Jaguar Clanners are all just masochists cause they know their Clan gets Annihilated. :)

Oooo, burn.

#94 Mercy Seraphin

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:02 PM

i wanna be a pirate in which case inner sphere or clan character makes no diff
BRING ON THE GAME

#95 Der BruzZzler von Wiesndoof

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationAm Grill

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:04 PM

View PostJack Gallows, on 04 November 2011 - 06:50 PM, said:

Neg

It's 3048! So we have 12 years ahead of us. :D

#96 Phoenixfire

• PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationNew Yorl

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:05 PM

Ghost Bear or Jade Falcon only especially once we get to the era beyond the invasion and just before the Jihad. And I think bidding would be great for the game.

Edited by Phoenixfire, 04 November 2011 - 07:11 PM.

#97 Jaroth Corbett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:09 PM

View Posttorgian, on 04 November 2011 - 06:24 PM, said:

I agree with you. I think fighting against some faceless enemy, such as described in the Blood of Kerensky novels, would be amazing. Salvage would be awesome too. I don't know how the devs will be able to pull it off though without some really sweet AI.

Well it is 3049 & Clan Wolf is in the IS at this time. This is how Phelan Kell got captured. If you look at the FAQ when asked if Clans were going to be added the answer was :) .

We can only hope.

#98 Halflight

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:13 PM

In all the time I played, I've only known the Clans as the enemy. I have no interest in breaking tradition.

#99 trycksh0t

• Elite Founder
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationUmm...in a building..on a road. I think.

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:29 PM

When Kerensky abandoned the sphere, he abandoned any claim he, his followers, or his descendents had to reshape the sphere. The clans are nothing more than another invasion force coming to take what they have no right to. I shall stand with House Davion, and crush any and all foes the First Prince points his finger at, wherever they may be found.

#100 flessar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 175 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:34 PM

View PostThe_Birdeater, on 04 November 2011 - 07:04 PM, said:

Neg

It's 3048! So we have 12 years ahead of us. :)

I plan on shortening that life span by 13 years! Where is my Atlas, ive got work to do....

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users