• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:32 AM

View PostCifu, on 07 May 2012 - 11:21 AM, said:

Actually there is two different custom HBK showed. One in the video (the ForumUserKiller) and one in the Screens (Hammer 2).

The first one showed as your link says. The second one what i'm write earlier.

The video shows critical locations for the weapons which is required on MechSpecs. The Hammer 2 does not really show every single critical location for weapons and thus was not included.

#142 Hyperius

• PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:36 AM

Looking great!

#143 Cifu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 348 posts
  • LocationHungary, EU

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:36 AM

View PostMason Grimm, on 07 May 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

The video shows critical locations for the weapons which is required on MechSpecs. The Hammer 2 does not really show every single critical location for weapons and thus was not included.

It's showed all what need, and in the end there is a picture where we can see the loadout (5x MLAS, 1x AC/5, 1x MG).

#144 William Petersen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:42 AM

View PostSolis Obscuri, on 07 May 2012 - 10:16 AM, said:

Posted Image
Same price as an AC/20, too... not bad. ;)

Why the *hell* does the armour bar go up to 700? 614 I could maybe understand, 700? /boggle

EDIT: And if that's a chassis specific cap, like the tonnage, even *less* sense is made.

Edited by William Petersen, 07 May 2012 - 11:43 AM.

#145 Mason Grimm

Com Guard / Technician

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:46 AM

View PostCifu, on 07 May 2012 - 11:36 AM, said:

It's showed all what need, and in the end there is a picture where we can see the loadout (5x MLAS, 1x AC/5, 1x MG).

Well you rock on with your bad self!!!!

#146 Cifu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 348 posts
  • LocationHungary, EU

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:46 AM

View PostWilliam Petersen, on 07 May 2012 - 11:42 AM, said:

Why the *hell* does the armour bar go up to 700? 614 I could maybe understand, 700? /boggle

EDIT: And if that's a chassis specific cap, like the tonnage, even *less* sense is made.

As i write ealier: perhaps the scale won't work in this version (the firepower and heat eff. scale won't work too, if you see). Perhaps the PG use a different type of scale. 320 (which is showed) a bit too much point for armor in a case of a 50 tons Medium mech...

Edited by Cifu, 07 May 2012 - 11:47 AM.

#147 Aegis Kleais

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:47 AM

*takes DEEP breath*

VIDEO/IMAGES ARE FROM AN ALPHA BUILD — DO NOT ASSUME THEM TO BE IN FINAL FORM.

Anyways, did you notice the 2 bars below that read the maximum as NaN (Not a Number). I think it's more than feasible to assume that this isn't necessarily the way things WILL BE. It's just how they currently are. ;)

#148 VarietyOfCells

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 904 posts
  • LocationNYC

View PostBryan Ekman, on 07 May 2012 - 10:04 AM, said:

We do not support terrain deformation (the ground you walk on). The trees are not fully finalized. We are optimizing the game to have physics based trees.

Very glad to hear this. The game looks great, but I was losing some immersion when the mechs would just pass through the trees like ghosts. Incredibly excited all around though.

#149 Cifu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 348 posts
  • LocationHungary, EU

View PostMason Grimm, on 07 May 2012 - 11:46 AM, said:

Well you rock on with your bad self!!!!

;)

#150 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:48 AM

View Posttheshield2004, on 07 May 2012 - 10:39 AM, said:

http://pc.ign.com/ar.../1224425p1.html

Question:

In the video at 0:47 the jenner is in the water firing lasers and I noticed that the heat dissipation is the same as out of water. It was my belief that water was a natural coolant (as in MW3), so Im curious if this is going to be addressed later? Otherwise, loved the video and the mech lab demo. Beautifully done.

Leg-mounted heat sinks will work at double efficiency when standing in depth 1 water... I don't think any stock Jenner variants have leg-mounted heat sinks. (Nine are in the engine, the JR7-D mounts one in the head, the JR7-F mounts one in the CT.)

Don't 50 tonners max out at 176 points anyway? Unless maybe PGI is measuring armor in smaller increments?

#151 Tannhauser Gate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 1,302 posts
  • LocationAttack ship off the Shoulder of Orion

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:49 AM

Looks utterly amazing. My inner fanboi is throwing screaming tantrums until I get my mw binky.

Id like to point out some things that caught my eye.

The hud’s reticules, pointers, data displays etc..all look INCREDIBLE. They are detailed, tactically useful, clean, and far better than anything Ive ever hoped to see for MW. Its like a flight sim hud on ******.. great! Sim-junkies and tactical gamers will LOVE this – which I think many MW gamers are. Kudos to the Hud designers!

The maps look vast.. something to seriously accommodate 12 v 12. The terrain looks tortured with crags and hills that force close engagement, force scouts to spot, provide cover and force battles to have to negotiate offensively or defensively.. and just pretty to look at. Excellent.

Im nervous about the arcadiness of the sound effects. (I realize its pre Beta) This is a beautiful game that brings new realism to MW and it would be a shame to forget the importance of seat-rumbling sound. These weapons are huge! Lasers should scream and crackle (followed by the hiss of cooling systems kicking in). Right now they are an underwhelming wubwubwub. ACs should sound like artillery, and missiles should explode from their racks and soar away then sound deafening and devastating as they impact all around their target. Pulling the trigger should be an explosive satisfying rush. Im not seeing that yet but hard to say until I actually play it. Im hoping that will all work out in Beta.

Thanks for the amazing reveal. That hope thing I have is getting seriously spoiled.

Edited by LakeDaemon, 07 May 2012 - 11:52 AM.

#152 William Petersen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:49 AM

View PostSolis Obscuri, on 07 May 2012 - 11:48 AM, said:

Don't 50 tonners max out at 176 points anyway? Unless maybe PGI is measuring armor in smaller increments?

169. The HBK-4G (stock) carries 160/169.

#153 Ross486

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:51 AM

They need to post a video of the Centurion haven't seen it in any videos yet that is the Mech i will probably go with unless i use the Hunchback.

#154 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:53 AM

View PostRoss486, on 07 May 2012 - 11:51 AM, said:

They need to post a video of the Centurion haven't seen it in any videos yet that is the Mech i will probably go with unless i use the Hunchback.

They probably haven't implemented him, yet. ;)

#155 Aegis Kleais

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:55 AM

View PostWilliam Petersen, on 07 May 2012 - 11:49 AM, said:

169. The HBK-4G (stock) carries 160/169.

I think PGI had stated previously that the only thing they were finitely taking from canon was weapon tonnage and critical slots. It would be more than feasible for they to be using an unheard of metric for armor levels.

LRM15 range is 21, which is 630m @ 30m/hex. But the game says that LRMs have a range of 640m. PGI is balancing the game's range, damage, armor points, etc. in order to find a proposed balance it seems.

Edited by Aegis Kleaisâ„¢, 07 May 2012 - 11:56 AM.

#156 Ross486

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationUnited States

View PostAdridos, on 07 May 2012 - 11:53 AM, said:

Hopefully they will soon when they have the beta I will probably try the Centurion out along with all the other Mechs.

#157 Karyudo ds

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,706 posts
  • LocationChaos March

Trying... to give... moeny... can't find... the button!

#158 pursang

• 1,877 posts
  • LocationSurrey BC, Canada

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:58 AM

View PostKaryudo-ds, on 07 May 2012 - 11:55 AM, said:

Trying... to give... moeny... can't find... the button!

You're doing it wrong!

Posted Image

;)

#159 Aegis Kleais

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:58 AM

View PostAdridos, on 07 May 2012 - 11:53 AM, said:

My hope is that they took my dislike of the design so to heart, that they are in the process of re-designing it to be similar to the other Mech's design cues. :wub:

Also, though we didn't see it in footage, those screenies of the Dragon look sweet!

#160 AlanEsh

• The Bludgeon
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:00 PM

View PostAegis Kleais™, on 07 May 2012 - 10:59 AM, said:

For a weapon with just 440m worth of effective range, LRMs are REALLY going to need to have effective damage and accuracy. 200m is a huge distance (near 1/3rd of the weapons effective range)

Also, I've watched that video over and over and CANNOT figure out the locking mechanism. I've assumed all the salvos he fired off were due to having the ability to gain an indirect lock from teammates who had enemies in LOS/D.

Looks to me like you don't have to actively try to lock your target. You just select a mech that is "lit up" -- if it is in range of you or a teammate, and you get enough "information" to your targeting system, it locks.

Perhaps the ease of getting and maintaining a lock is the tradeoff for a relatively small usable envelope on the weapon (440m), as you noted.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users