75 replies to this topic

#1 Garth Erlam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:13 PM

Q: Will the conquest game mode be taking place on the current maps or does it have it's own rotation of maps. How long is the average Conquest match taking on your test servers, as in can we expect a longer more strategic match? [Ceribus]
A: Same maps, but slightly different layouts. Also the starting spawns have been moved around on some maps. [Garth]

Q: Currently, there are a lot of friendly fire incidents that cause significant destruction of a friendly mech. (component destruction and stripping armor mainly) Are there any plans to implement a "penalty" type system for doing friendly fire in the future similar to the current team killing penalty? [Ryvucz]
A:Yes, and it should be online very soon :D [Garth]

Q: What's the plans regarding XP generation? I ask because currently the XP/GXP system seems a touch adrift? Once you've unlocked all of a Mech's skills, the amount of XP you can transfer out to GXP for unlocking either skills for other mech's or for modules seems to have a fairly short longevity. [Emrys Ap Morgravaine]
A: This is something that is often confused. The Mech Efficiencies are not “end-game” material. It’s the Pilot Modules that are. There are a large number of modules planned and being implemented into the game. [Paul]

Q: In other words, will we have more than these 18 Inner Sphere mechs to counter the Clans with? [Nathan Xain]
A: There will be more IS Mechs by then, yes. [Garth]

Q: Jumpjets currently give full benefit from a single jet. Obviously this is wrong, and it's been noted in the past that this will be addressed eventually. Where does this stand in terms of priority? [buckX]
A: We actually have a fix for this that should go out within 1-2 patches (currently). [Garth]

Q: Are 12 vs 12 matches still in the plans for MWO? [Lusankya]
A: Absolutely. Once we feel the game is capable of handling 12 v 12 we will add it. It is currently being tested. :( [Garth]

Q: Also, what brand of Microwave do you own? [Captain N]
A: I have an LG (I had to answer this, sorry guys). [Garth]

Q: Out of curiosity, would it be possible to implement a system within the matchmaking structure to have a balance of the classes when the matchmaking starts. [DOTSGEMINI]
A: Phase 3 will have a weight balancing system, but I don't have details on how exactly it will work yet. [Garth]

Q: What is the most effective thing(s) that we, the beta player base, can do to assist PGI in their efforts?
[Lac Nar]
A: Feedback threads with specific ideas and suggestions that are well written. Occasional positive experience threads are nice too :ph34r: [Garth]
When you find something odd, try to reproduce it. Reproduction steps in any ticket you submit expedites the recreation and fix on our end.[Paul]

Q: How pink will rhonda snord's highlander be when you finally release it as a hero mech? And will it have awesome speaker's on the outside that you can blast music with like lore describes it having? [Ashnod]
A: I really really hope we get to make Rhonda Snord's Mech; and if we do, I really hope we get to add external speakers. I don't know if that'll happen, but you can be sure I want it to! [Garth]

Q: Any chance of seeing some cokpit damage ie. broken glass, HUD flickering or something like that when Mech is about to go down? [Major Starscream]
A: Yes - also, just for you, your Mech will scream "MEGATROOOOOOON!" just before it dies. [Garth]

Q: What is your personal reaction when things like the Catapult K2, A1, ECM or Streaks are called OP? Do you laugh? Do you cry? Shake your heads? Something in the middle? [Thorn Harris]
A: I am actually EXTREMELY happy when I see a massive variety of Mechs being called OP - it means we're doing our jobs correctly. In the last week, I've had almost every single chassis called OP in PM's. So I love it, personally :D
That said - I am surprised on occasion. The 'Commando is OP!' threads caught me by surprise. [Garth]

Q: Will we see Hero Mechs for the Founder Mechs Jenner, Hunchback, Catapult and Atlas? [MustrumRidcully]
A: Eventually. For now we’re focusing on creating a nice variety of Hero mechs for players to choose from. [Bryan]

Q: When will we get a map that focuses more on the Night Vision, instead of Thermal? With the ECM, Thermal has become extremely useful, but Night Vision remains almost useless. [SonOfBDEC]
A: I think you'll like this coming patch ;) [Garth]

Q: Netcode....lagshield....light mechs......your thoughts? [RacerX]
A: I've been in several playtests focussed on these very issues. I can say we're making progress, and that you can be sure we hate these issues as much as you guys (well, 'lag shielded' mechs at any rate.)

Thanks for tuning in everyone, I hope you enjoyed this Q&A ;)

Cheers,
The MechWarrior Online Team

#2 Polarice

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 121 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:24 PM

Some good answers in there!

#3 Big Giant Head

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Locationingalaxyfarfaraway

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:26 PM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 10 December 2012 - 01:13 PM, said:

Q: What's the plans regarding XP generation? I ask because currently the XP/GXP system seems a touch adrift? Once you've unlocked all of a Mech's skills, the amount of XP you can transfer out to GXP for unlocking either skills for other mech's or for modules seems to have a fairly short longevity. [Emrys Ap Morgravaine]
A: This is something that is often confused. The Mech Efficiencies are not “end-game” material. It’s the Pilot Modules that are. There are a large number of modules planned and being implemented into the game. [Paul]

Well, duh, just check module board - its all empty! I expect to see a lot of modules

#4 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:26 PM

Definitely looking forward to jump jet improvements, though I hope that it can be tweaked such that when you have the max number of jets you get a faster boost in the air. Right now they are rather lazy and lofty...

#5 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:33 PM

Good stuff coming, hopefully it will end the current anger and banter.

#6 Onyx Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts
  • LocationOklahoma, EARTH MK II

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:00 PM

Snubbed again.....I feel unloved B)

#7 Onyx Rain

• 1,017 posts
  • LocationOklahoma, EARTH MK II

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:03 PM

View PostCapperDeluxe, on 10 December 2012 - 01:26 PM, said:

Definitely looking forward to jump jet improvements, though I hope that it can be tweaked such that when you have the max number of jets you get a faster boost in the air. Right now they are rather lazy and lofty...

Agreed, I'd like to see JJ and general mech maneuverability increase across the board....like acceleration. Acceleration can save your bacon, all but the light mechs have kinda crappy acceleration IMO.. even with the earned mech efficiency added. Makes even mediums feel clumsy and slow, and reduces the need/opportunity for skill in evasion of fire.

Edited by Onyx Rain, 10 December 2012 - 02:05 PM.

#8 Sid Solis

• PipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 87 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:22 PM

yay for not answering my question.....feeling no love here

#9 WardenWolf

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:34 PM

Q: When will we get a map that focuses more on the Night Vision, instead of Thermal? With the ECM, Thermal has become extremely useful, but Night Vision remains almost useless. [SonOfBDEC]
A: I think you'll like this coming patch B) [Garth]

Alright community, we have one week to guess / place bets - will it be a variant of Caustic or River City? I think Caustic would make for a cooler night map, especially if it stayed cloud-covered and got nearly pitch black... but the current night vision mode seems to only work on close-up stuff, so I think River City is more likely. Any other thoughts?

#10 p4r4g0n

• Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:35 PM

Thanks again for taking time off from your weekend to do this, Garth.

Given the current amount of debate on ECM, would it be possible to have some clarification from yourselves (PGI) about it? Personally, ECM is probably working as intended based on the description provided when it was rolled out. Even though I personally do not currently enjoy the changed game play as much as pre-ECM (as an almost 100% solo pugger), I would be very interested in hearing PGI's thoughts about whether the change in game play currently is what PGI anticipated.

My thanks also for the Performance Update post by Matthew Craig in the Command Chair sub forum which I greatly appreciated as well as the Content and Features Roadmaps.

#11 ObsidianSpectre

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:38 PM

You didn't answer any of the ECM questions, but I understand there are probably reasons for that. I do appreciate how you've been selecting meatier questions to answer lately, rather than mostly sticking to the softball ones. Thanks for doing this every week, Garth!

#12 warp103

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 342 posts
  • Locationdaytona Beach fl

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:04 PM

A: I am actually EXTREMELY happy when I see a massive variety of Mechs being called OP - it means we're doing our jobs correctly. In the last week, I've had almost every single chassis called OP in PM's. So I love it, personally B)
That said - I am surprised on occasion. The 'Commando is OP!' threads caught me by surprise. [Garth]

All i have to say is any mech is op if it have ecm even your commando / stealth ninja. GIVE ME A FRAKING BREAK. there are 66 pagee in on sec on ecm i have counted the for vs against. for every 1 for there are 3 against . I mean come the frak on. this video says it all.

THANKS FOR turning game in to C.O.D. clone.

Edited by warp103, 10 December 2012 - 03:06 PM.

#13 Garrath

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 75 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:21 PM

Yep, interesting lack of answers on any ECM issue, getting pretty rare to see anyone from my guild log in anymore, used to be a good dozen or so, wonder how much of a trend that is, and whether they want to address it before these reductions are permanent.

Edited by Garrath, 10 December 2012 - 03:22 PM.

#14 SonOfBDEC

Rookie

• 9 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:31 PM

A: I think you'll like this coming patch B) [Garth]

I can't wait. ^^

And honestly, I feel special. Not having messed around on the forums much, It's awesome to get noticed by one of the big guys, even if it is just answering a question. :3

#15 warp103

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 342 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:35 PM

View PostGarrath, on 10 December 2012 - 03:21 PM, said:

Yep, interesting lack of answers on any ECM issue, getting pretty rare to see anyone from my guild log in anymore, used to be a good dozen or so, wonder how much of a trend that is, and whether they want to address it before these reductions are permanent.

that would mean then saying ops we fraked up. I am against nerfs but this ecm is not the tt gecm it is gecm and aecm put together. What a fraking joke. And i have posted numerous videos but mack one just show it on the best map. All knew if you crest that hill ALWAYS before you have LRM coming for you. Now I walk on any map without lrm/gauss. Know I can be in the lake and walk in the open without getting major damage till in 400m of another mech.

#16 Pugastrius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 196 posts
  • LocationOn Top of Your Dead Mech

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:41 PM

I appreciate the answers but, considering there are a LOT of C-bills on the line for people that are thinking of getting an Atlas D-DC up and running (including the 2 other Atlas mechs to get the D-DC to Master level) for the sole purpose of having an Assault with an ECM, I'm a bit disappointed that there wasn't any mention about whether there is an upcoming nerf to the ECM.

Edited by Pugastrius, 10 December 2012 - 03:49 PM.

#17 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:42 PM

Darn, you didn't answer my question. I thought it was a good "easy to find answer" for you.

My question was: What scenario creates a tie in Assault? For example will you always get a tie when time runs out, or are there other variables involved? I've had 1v1s where time runs out and I got a defeat. I've also heard that whoever has the most kills or whoever got the first kill wins.

Help us out Garth. (or link me to where you answered it)

#18 p4r4g0n

• Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:47 PM

View PostJman5, on 10 December 2012 - 03:42 PM, said:

Darn, you didn't answer my question. I thought it was a good "easy to find answer" for you.

My question was: What scenario creates a tie in Assault? For example will you always get a tie when time runs out, or are there other variables involved? I've had 1v1s where time runs out and I got a defeat. I've also heard that whoever has the most kills or whoever got the first kill wins.

Help us out Garth. (or link me to where you answered it)

In a tie, whichever team has the most kills or if tied on that, whichever team has made the greater progress in capturing the enemy's base wins. Not sure how it plays out if both team are still tied on both of the above.

#19 warp103

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 342 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:02 PM

View PostPugastrius, on 10 December 2012 - 03:41 PM, said:

I appreciate the answers but, considering there are a LOT of C-bills on the line for people that are thinking of getting an Atlas D-DC up and running (including the 2 other Atlas mechs to get the D-DC to Master level) for the sole purpose of having an Assault with an ECM, I'm a bit disappointed that there wasn't any mention about whether there is an upcoming nerf to the ECM.

?? you do not need master for ecm. any one with ddc can get it. correction all with ddc are geting it. it the must gave killing tool or ez mode.

#20 Lt Limpy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:05 PM

View Postwarp103, on 10 December 2012 - 03:04 PM, said:

All i have to say is any mech is op if it have ecm even your commando / stealth ninja. GIVE ME A FRAKING BREAK. there are 66 pagee in on sec on ecm i have counted the for vs against. for every 1 for there are 3 against . I mean come the frak on. this video says it all.

THANKS FOR turning game in to C.O.D. clone.

It's funny how much hypocrisy bubbles to the surface when bred by complaining videos/rage posts like this. Funny, because it hasn't even been a full week since ECM and already I'm noticing a small decline in the "everything ECM" craze. Everyone loves their own "uber" builds until something new comes along and forces them out of their safety bubble and makes them think of new strategies. And of course when you take away their security blankets they will cry like it's the end of the world. ESPECIALLY you "boaters". You created a very specialized mech which is perfect for a select FEW situations, and in doing so exacerbate the build's weaknesses. You built a BOAT, not a jack of all trades, and now the rock to your scissors is coming to stomp your ***.

Please explain why/how sitting around with a red reticle firing LRMs with impunity at scrubs in the open was so superior to CoD? Give me a break. Guess what, now you and your spotter have to play it smarter.

Despite the massive amount of tears shed during this video, I've both fought with and been fired upon by plenty of LRM's and gauss rifles (today alone, in MOST of my matches) since ECM. I also get hit with LRMs in my ECM mech when, surprise surprise, the enemy gets wind of me and does the smart thing by taking me out/scrambling me ASAP. How is this possibru!?!? I hate to be the one to do this, but when you make stupid absolute qq statements such as this you deserve to get slammed.

Edited by Lt Limpy, 10 December 2012 - 04:13 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users