Performance & Connectivity Feedback

v1.2.172

216 replies to this topic

#121 DenDem

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

Hi all. I have Phenom 2 x4 3Ghz, 4 Gb ram, GeForce 660, win 7 x64 - 60 fps on count on start of a match, and not lower then 20 FPS in fight, average - 30-40 fps stable (before the patch 12 min and 18-25 stable). Thanks for developers, i love this game.

#122 GetinmyBellah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationWest Palm Beach, USA

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

View PostTaron, on 09 January 2013 - 12:26 PM, said:

A correction:

I just had a match, my HUD was not there, i could not even see who's friend ore foe - nothing, no minimap, no radar, no signs abouve the mechs... But that was the 1st time since very long i had this.

Taron, this post does PGI no good because in all of your posts in this thread you have not included the information they have requested. They requested this information so they can try and reproduce the bug using a similar setup. They did not request several posts about what's wrong, or not wrong, without adding information that PGI can use to reproduce the bug on a similar setup.

#123 Flapdrol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:10 AM

performance is slightly better but still:

big brawl = big drop, not gpu bound, doesn't look like lagspiking either, just low fps. If you have a 3+ Ghz sandy bridge you'll probably stay over 30 in such fights, unless it's an 8v8 brawl.

Settings have no impact whatsoever on minimum fps, only on average fps, very frustrating if you like fps better than fancy graphics.

#124 MoPo

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 69 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:43 AM

Only had time for three or four drops but performance seems to have improved.
  • How had the patch generally affected your performance?
Improved. Frame rates fluctuate much less than previously.
  • Whether there are specific points in the game when your performance changes.
Previously I'd get mid to high teens out in the open, dropping to low single figures in a brawl. Now getting consistant 15 - 20 regardless of what's happening.
  • What are your video settings, did you change them since last patch?
Changed after last patch (this may have something to do with the improvement). All settings Low apart from Object (High). Will try reverting to my previous settings to see if performance reduces again.
  • Average FPS ingame and in the menus for previous patch and latest patch (Press F9 to see your FPS)
Averaging about 18fps in game. Couldn't say on exact frame rates during brawls (as I was concentrating on not dying) but definitely much smoother. Mechlab remains at about 20 pre and post patch.
  • System specs (You can include them in a [spoiler] [ /spoiler])
Athlon 7850

4 Gig DDR2
GeForce GT430
  • Your advertised internet connection speed / Geographic location
30 Meg cable connection - UK
[Edit]: constant ping around 130ms

[Edit]: Ballistics (PPC) shooting seems to be more consistent since this patch as well. It looks like I'm hitting the same amount as previously much I'm causing much more damage.

Edited by MoPo, 10 January 2013 - 02:49 AM.

#125 Codejack

Dezgra

• 1,530 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:39 AM

I just ran my splatapult through frozen city, 71ms ping and there was still 2-3 seconds between hitting the button and the missiles actually firing, and no telling where I was pointing when the server decided that I fired (yes, missile doors were open).

Standing perfectly still, I completely missed a shut-down mech 50m in front of me. Well, I saw some of the missiles hit, but nothing on the paper doll. Four 36-missile volleys to the chest tore an arm off of a YLW.

Do better guys.

#126 Booran

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:14 AM

I don't have this problem and I play from Europe. Might as well be something with your ISP, computer or bandwidth available by the sounds of it.

#127 Roland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:15 AM

There was a mention of some update to the netcode this patch, such that the "lag shield" would be due more to the shooter's ping rather than the target's, but it was then removed.

Ekman said that it was just an error, however Garth had previously mentioned something along the lines of "They had updated the movement code, but not the firing code" or something like that... Sadly, I couldn't find his post where he mentioned this, and I suspect that it may have been redacted.

However, this would make sense with what myself and others have seen.

From what I've noticed, the position of mechs seems to be, perhaps, better updated. Lasers seem to be about as accurate, if not a bit more so, than previously.

However, I've noticed my AC20 seems like I need to lead targets MUCH more. Even fairly slowly moving targets need to be led significantly, and shots tend to lag behind where I'm aiming on them. I use the AC20 very regularly, so this seems to be a change which has been introduced in the past few days.

If Garth's comment is to be understood, it may be due to an issue with the firing delay. This would explain why it seems to affect non-laser weapons more. Lasers are really only affected in the first part of their discharge by the firing delay, while other weapons will feel a significant hindrance.

Because this kind of thing is so subtle, it could be in our heads.. but I don't think it is. I wish we had a little more information from PGI about what changes they made in this regard. Maybe Garth could clarify what that statement he made was.

#128 elbloom

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:17 AM

did you forget to oppen the missile bay doors ?

#129 Tie Ma

Clone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:18 AM

there was no mention of fire delay fix. mostly fix for movement lagshield and having to shoot ahead where the target does not appear. And that fix was removed from the patch notes

#130 Roland

• 8,260 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:31 AM

This patch, the "firing delay" on weapons seems to be significantly worse, leading to missed shots.

With lasers, this is not as noticable, but with single hit weapons like the AC20, the shots seem to be lagging behind where the target is much more than they were previously.

Many other players have noticed this. I do not think it's just being imagined by everyone.

#131 MaddMaxx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,911 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:44 AM

Not sure if it is still relevant but back some time ago, someone stated that a good way to test it was to mount a TAG Laser as a target finder. Under Lag conditions the constant Laser Beam can be used to find the sweet spot for the other weapons that need leading.

Worth a shot I suppose, if one is having real issues.

#132 EyeOne

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,488 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCockpit, Stone Rhino

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:52 AM

I think your problem is due to the missile doors being closed not the netcode.

#133 StraferX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:40 AM

I agree 100%, I have been watching my 2 x AC'5 2 x UAC5 Cat hardly hit a standing object directly in front of me, lasers totaly miss/not register on a powered down over heated commando. Guess I will wait for the 15th patch and see what happens.

#134 Kdogg788

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:45 AM

Guys, he said the missile bay doors were open, therefore, the SRM launch should have been near instantaneous. That said I put two volleys of quad large lasers on a Jenner standing right in front of me and barely registered any damage. Hit detection still sucks.

-k

Edited by Kdogg788, 10 January 2013 - 07:46 AM.

#135 Dukarriope

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Locationa creative suite

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:09 AM

Increased performance a little...
But still even worse than the December Stalker patch. Whatever junk PGI did in the little January mini patch ruined my game's performance to unplayable levels, and while the new 8th January patch improved it a small a bit, it's still much worse and nearly unplayable in a fight.

20~25fps when facing more than two enemy 'Mechs. CPU usage <30% on the overclocked 3930K. GPU usage on the GTX 560Ti <60% when frame rate is low. Internet connection is a 100Mbps fibre optic connected to modem via Gigabit ethernet.
Plus, the servers are extremely dorky tonight, they're showing packet loss at unbelievably bad levels.

Edited by Dukarriope, 10 January 2013 - 08:10 AM.

#136 Wraith05

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 696 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:18 AM

I've been using AC2,s 5s and 20s for a while now and prior to the patch when it showed the explosion on the mech it registered a hit just fine. I'm noticing now that some of the shots will explode on a shoulder or arm but the hit isn't registered and I have to lead more. My ping is usually between 73-100.

#137 Serapth

• 1,674 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:20 AM

I have a good ping ( 20ms ish, Canadian... ) and experienced much worse lag shielding then ever before. Previously it was mostly on ballistics.

Last night I got into a circle straffing contest with a rather poorly driven Raven, and I painted him with 4 large lasers, pretty much constantly, for 3 or 4 minutes. No death. This is insane. The amount of center torso damage he took would have taken an Atlas down... twice.

What's even more bizarre, the raven wasn't even moving that fast ( like I said, poorly driven ), so I had target on him for AGES, and he didn't die.

Edited by Serapth, 10 January 2013 - 08:21 AM.

#138 CodeNameValtus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • LocationDetroit, MI

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:21 AM

I usually forget to open my missle bay doors until I fire my first shot of the game. That way I get the % damage modifier while I close distance. Then I account for the delay in the first shot I fire, and only then do I typically hit the open missle bay doors button, as every other shot after the first needs to be done quickly.

#139 12Bravo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 252 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:24 AM

redacted

Edited by 12Bravo, 10 January 2013 - 08:25 AM.

#140 Helmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ga

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:28 AM

I normally play with roughly a 54 ping to the servers, and have very very few issues with warping or lag. I've noticed some slight desynching lately with Atlas and other 'mechs sliding slightly left or right. As I have only experienced it on one night a few times in the last 2 play sessions , it may very well have been my connection that night.

Still, overall I've had very few issues. Hopefully the continued work on the "netcode" and if/when they roll out servers for different regions will improve gameplay for everyone afflicted by poor hit detection/lag/warping/etc.

Additionally once the hit detection is improved and knockdowns reintroduced it will be a whole different experience for light pilots.

Cheers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users