v1.2.172

216 replies to this topic

#81 Banichi

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:58 AM

nah its not the cause of my issues, before this patch i ran a 30-60 ping with 50-60 fps sometimes better but thats when things get seriously smoky and lots a trash on the ground.

Not too sure whats going on, i checked my internet speeds they are at normal. ran comp checks everythings 100%. Even made sure all drivers are up too date. Logged onto 4 other games that i occasionally play and my ping is avg 25 with a 70 fps. So not too sure what PGI had done with this patch but it messed me up huge, i even tried turning my Vid setting down too low, that made zero difference so i put them back on high.

#82 Ralatar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:28 AM

Will start at 24FPS, then about 30 seconds later drop to a constant 4. Was playable before at 15-24 that would drop to 4 after about 5-8 matches. Don't see a need to list spec's as this seems to be hitting many no matter what they are running. That would indicate to me it's not our machines.....ya think?

#83 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:30 AM

Lot of people patch and play straight after patches, both things will contribute to slower servers as well as they seem to have their site/forum server hosted in the same server pack.

Just like any other game that gets jammed up with connections immediately after a patch.

#84 Silmaril

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 32 posts
  • LocationTukkayyid

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:35 AM

Will start out at 80+ fps and then drop down to 30-40 with occasional drops into the 20s.

#85 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:43 AM

I've got a request for those who experience "FPS" loss yet are running higher end computers. Turn your graphics up to high or very high. Especially if it's in the form of the "4 FPS" memory leak bug.

The only time I ever experienced that bug was when I swapped to medium settings. I haven't experienced it again since switching back up.

Remember that most of the paid testers are playing at max settings, so the optimizations are best tested at max settings.

#86 EvilTwinTepe

• PipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 42 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:46 AM

• How had the patch generally affected your performance?
    • Same as before - 15-30 FPS
  • Whether there are specific points in the game when your performance changes.
    • Whenever there is any action: at the start of a match standing still I can get 60FPS, the moment I move, or get into combat, my FPS drops. The more going on the lower FPS (as low as 15, perhaps lower).
  • What are your video settings, did you change them since last patch?
    • Settings are High, has not changed. I HAVE tried running on as low as LOW settings, but I get the same output.
  • Average FPS ingame and in the menus for previous patch and latest patch (Press F9 to see your FPS)
    • Menus: 60
    • In-game: 25
  • System specs
Spoiler
  • Your advertised internet connection speed / Geographic location
    • 20Mb/6Mb Xfinity, East Coast
There's no doubt in my mind that this game simply hates AMD Processors. If we had DX11 I have a feeling performance would increase considerably I'm not ever sure SLI support would make any difference right now, but if we had DX11 - probably.

Edited by EvilTwinTepe, 09 January 2013 - 08:57 AM.

#87 Twisted Power

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 500 posts
  • LocationNew York

I didn't play after the patch, they didn't fix anything.

#88 xengk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

After the latest .172 patch, my ping doubled.
Going from the usual 200+ ping to a teleporting 700+ ping and sometime spiking to 1000+ ping!

My brawler mechs are pretty much a liabity to the team right now, and have to resort to relaying on LRM10 on my cen to deal damage.

A quick ping test to Quebec(I don't know the city the server is hosted) shows that I should be getting about 300+ ping.

Posted Image

Edited by xengk, 09 January 2013 - 08:57 AM.

#89 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:47 AM

View PostVagGR, on 09 January 2013 - 07:36 AM, said:

c2d 6750
hd 6950
4gb ram
win7 64b

lowest settings

no noticeable change for me...fps ranging from 10 to 50 depending whats going on on screen

heavy fighting 10-15 fps
medium on screen activity some mechs moving, average fighting 20-35 fps
standing alone watching the horizon thinking about the meaning of life 40-50 fps

You have a slightly better video card than me and I run max settings (I also have 2 HD Radeon 6850s), but that ram is KILLING your game. You could upgrade your game by one or two settings by simply adding another 8 gigabytes to your RAM. Some places like NewEgg and TigerDirect are selling 4 gig sticks in 2 packs for less than 60 dollars. Trust me, before you get your next video game, consider getting the ram. It'll be a huge difference on all your PC games.

With the way Windows 7 is on default settings, 4 gigabytes are barely enough to run it let alone a game and a VOIP.

Edited by Koniving, 09 January 2013 - 08:49 AM.

#90 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:00 AM

Good for you?

#91 ArmsLikeNoodles

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:27 AM

After playing a few matches I noticed pings were not any larger than usual mine and everyone elses, however I also noticed that the bigger mechs were not taking much damage to the parts where I was hitting unless they were at a dead stop.

This is something I have learned to cope with against mechs passing 110k/h in speed but lag shooting an atlas or slow centurion?

I can't be the only one noticing this.

#92 bastiBer

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:30 AM

• How had the patch generally affected your performance?
    Performance is really bad now 8-12 fps, before the patch it was about 20
  • Whether there are specific points in the game when your performance changes.
    No this happens in every match/mech.
  • What are your video settings, did you change them since last patch?
    Settings are on high, low doesn't really change anything
  • Average FPS ingame and in the menus for previous patch and latest patch (Press F9 to see your FPS)
    8-12 ingame, 50-60 in menu
  • System specs (You can include them in a [spoiler] [ /spoiler])
    Core2Duo 3,19 GHz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 660Ti
  • Your advertised internet connection speed / Geographic location
    16.000 Mb/s/ Germany

#93 Peter Valentine

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 59 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:33 AM

I also noticed that against Centurions.......

#94 JuiceKeeper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 172 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:02 AM

I am one of that lucky ones. Fps dropped from 40-50 fps to 20-30 fps after patch. It is happening every game.

Settings are same as before: Very High , blur Low, I tried other ones same fps.

Average fps
ingame 25-30 fps with spikes to 10-15 fps, Menu fps 60

system specs
CPU: Phenom x4 965 3.40 ghz, MB: Asus crosshair IV formula, GPU: Nvidia 480 GTX, Memory: 4gb

Internet connection
Broadband 30mb/s Provider UPC /Slovakia
ping is stable allways around 140 but after patch i noticed much bigger latency issues and lagging mechs which i didnt observed that much prior patch.

#95 MoverNeRo

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:09 AM

It lags like hell...light mechs are just jumping from right to left and back...and even heavy mechs are harder to hit...even if i see the explosion on them no dmg is done.

#96 Gerewolf

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:22 AM

new patch FPS sucks to bad to play b4 patch fps 45.9 53.9 NOW 4.0 to 10.9 to jerrky to play plz fix il go play WOW now til u fix ty.

#97 Gerewolf

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:27 AM

high end PC top card FPS good till patch now sucks cannot play going to play WOW now

#98 deforce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 616 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:33 AM

yup, i noticed this vs centurions and hunchbacks and its not like they were even moving fast... i have never had to hit in front of those mechs to register hits until this patch.

#99 Zylox

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 63 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:03 AM

I have also noticed this. It seems to me that it is now affecting all mechs in motion, regardless of speed.

#100 MGoo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:06 AM

I too have seen alot more warping of light mechs than before - its now impossible to hit them - also tk'd a teamate who warped into my line of fire while i was in my ilya blazing away...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users