Performance & Connectivity Feedback

v1.2.172

216 replies to this topic

#141 Briarios

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:34 AM

Hey devs. WHEN DO YOU FIX YOUR F****** LAG-ISSUE?

#142 King Arthur IV

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:36 AM

View PostMaddMaxx, on 10 January 2013 - 06:44 AM, said:

Not sure if it is still relevant but back some time ago, someone stated that a good way to test it was to mount a TAG Laser as a target finder. Under Lag conditions the constant Laser Beam can be used to find the sweet spot for the other weapons that need leading.

Worth a shot I suppose, if one is having real issues.

this works for the most part but there are draw backs. because im holding down tag, i cant chain fire in quick secession nor can i multi type anything else. obviously you lose a hard point to it aswell.
wish tag was toggle, not sure why it is still not done yet.

#143 Dakkath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,980 posts
  • LocationG-14 Classified

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:37 AM

Moving to patch feedback

#144 Catalinasgrace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 256 posts
  • LocationHudson, TX

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:38 AM

nope, I am getting lag/spike issues as well now since this last patch. Before there were "some" but not all that I had to lead in order to hit them and have it register. However now it is worse, far worse... I am also getting huge lag spikes now that I never had before. By huge I mean other mechs will stop in their tracks for up to 2-3 seconds then warp off.

Before someone pipes in with the it's your ISP thing, I have NO issues on any other game, downloading, streaming, or other various online things... Only MWO since this last patch is doing this, and others in my group are having this issue too...

#145 Impossible Wasabi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • 462 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:41 AM

The Space Pope has tried a full reinstall but it doesn't return his FPS to a decent level.

Interestingly he has noticed that his setting don't seem to make a difference, even when halving his resolution he fails to gain any performance.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Intel® Core™ i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
2 x XFX AMD Radeon HD 6870 Grafikkarte (PCI-e, 1GB, GDDR5 Speicher, HDMI, 2x DVI)
8086MB RAM

All settings on Medium, V-sync disabled, Full screen, Post AA max(but the Space Pope has tried all setting variations without noticing any improvements).

Edited by Merlevade, 10 January 2013 - 08:41 AM.

#146 Kassatsu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:43 AM

Lag shields are definitely MUCH worse after this patch. Light mechs in particular tend to rubber band all over the place way more than they ever did before, and doubled with the seemingly worse hit detection than before the patch, it's nearly impossible to hit some of them without homing missiles, regardless of either party's ping.

Also seems like I rubber band on my own screen more often, particularly on steep hills or near the edge of objects/terrain I'm standing on.

While I haven't noticed any difference fighting assault mechs and most heavy mechs, anything reasonably fast moving (often as 'slow' as 80kph) can become nearly impossible to hit with anything but missiles.

#147 King Arthur IV

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:03 AM

even slow mech have shield. some games shield is strong and some game it is none existent.

#148 HighTest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • LocationKitchener, ON

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:10 AM

I played about 6 matches last night in various mechs with various weapon types, and in only one of them did the scoreboard show that I did anywhere near the amount of damage I thought I did during the match. In all other cases, it appeared I did half, or less, then what I thought I did.

I was never that great as guesstimating how much damage I did before the patch, but I was usually in the ballpark. In fact, I was even low about half the time. Not so much now, so I'm guessing hit detection might actually be worse.

Edited by HighTest, 10 January 2013 - 09:25 AM.

#149 MrMasakari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 387 posts
  • LocationThe Kerensky Cluster

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:22 AM

Its still there and noticeable. Just played a game were I got 5 kills and ended up fighting a raven at the end. Got 6 UAC5 shots on him aswell as 2 direct LBX10 shots and was only doing 1% at best because he ends up becoming invincible from circle strafing with lag shield.

Ended up with a raven killing my relatively healthy armored Ilya simply because my hits weren't registering.

It was hilarious but its so broken lol.

Edit: To be fair though the teleporting/rubber banding has seemingly vanished.

Edited by Artaire, 10 January 2013 - 09:23 AM.

#150 Thecure

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 200 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:40 AM

Two Ravens circling each other. When I lag-shoot to get lasers to register damage, I lose ssrm lock. When I try to re-lock ssrms, I don't register damage on lasers...Cool ;)

Edited by Thecure, 10 January 2013 - 09:50 AM.

#151 ohtochooseaname

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 440 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:58 AM

View PostThecure, on 10 January 2013 - 09:40 AM, said:

Two Ravens circling each other. When I lag-shoot to get lasers to register damage, I lose ssrm lock. When I try to re-lock ssrms, I don't register damage on lasers...Cool ;)

^^ This

I have to lead the target with lasers more than I ever have before. Furthermore, I am more likely to get rubber band locked into a wall or terrain than I was before. The rubber banding occurs faster, and therefore there is less of it, but it is much more difficult to get out of: have to stop completely to be able to turn.

#152 ImagineDwagons

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 81 posts
  • LocationKiev

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:22 AM

View PostCodejack, on 10 January 2013 - 05:39 AM, said:

I just ran my splatapult through frozen city, 71ms ping and there was still 2-3 seconds between hitting the button and the missiles actually firing, and no telling where I was pointing when the server decided that I fired (yes, missile doors were open).

Standing perfectly still, I completely missed a shut-down mech 50m in front of me. Well, I saw some of the missiles hit, but nothing on the paper doll. Four 36-missile volleys to the chest tore an arm off of a YLW.

I have absolutely the same issue. The response time is HUGE. When I play my Raven I teleport on 150 km/h speed.
I play from Europe and my ping was constantly 130 and it was really smooth to play. Now it can hike up to 200 depends on what happens around me.
Something really wrong with this patch.

#153 whiteknight

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:06 PM

I saw a modest improve in frame rate in this patch

In game frame rate went up to the mid 50s when the screen was not busy (up about 10 fps)

Intel i7
nVidia 670M
16 GB RAM
256 GB SSD

#154 Thoummim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 273 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

In game no performance change they are still bad really bad I tried almost every setting possible it stay near unplayable 6 to 20fps basically when stuff happen (a mech not necessary mine move/shoot...), the more stuff happen the more my fps are dropping.

When absolutely nothing is happening (at the very start) my fps are okay in very high+highres 30sometimes 40 and very good in low+lowres 40to 70. However there is a small fps drop when the countdown have finished.

In game my cpu usage is ~25% my GPU usage is ~35% in low setting low res. The setting don't seem to influence cpu usage gpu usage is an at average of 50% in very high with peak at 90% when there is the animation of my mech dying with a noticable fps increase to at least 30.
In the menu my cpu usage is ~22%, GPU usage in the home tab 40~50% mech lab 90% pilot lab 100%.

Fps in the mech lab have decrease since the last patch from 60 almost all the time to 40~50.

System spec. i7Q740 with 4GB at 1066MHz, HD5870mobility radeon. Windows 7 64bits

Sorry for bad english.

Edited by Thoummim, 10 January 2013 - 03:46 PM.

#155 c0mbatphil

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • 46 posts
  • LocationWestern Hemisphere

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

Played in closed beta and through out all the patches with VERY few lag issues. This patch has kicked caused all sorts of hell. Lag spikes galore, as much as 500s at points. Complete loss of control via mouse and keyboard multiple times. Put in for 6 games in the last 45 minutes. 2 disconnects and 4 sessions lost all when facing the opposing team. Have tried reinstalling, check video drivers, and all that nonsense. Nothing has changed on my side but the patch.

Play in windowed mode, medium (sorry didn't grab fps, trying not to shoot lap top out of rage)
Windows 8 64
AMD A8-4500AMU with Radeon HD Graphics cars 1.9ghz
6gb ram
1600x900
15MB/s in Seattle area (home)

25MB/s Seattle area (work, cuz I thought maybe my internet was being wonky, nope.)

Full specs:
System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard Model HP Pavilion g7 Notebook PC Total amount of system memory 6.00 GB RAM System type 64-bit operating system Number of processor cores 4 Storage Total size of hard disk(s) 595 GB Disk partition (C:) 156 GB Free (570 GB Total) Disk partition (D:) 3 GB Free (25 GB Total) Media drive (E:) CD/DVD Graphics Display adapter type AMD Radeon HD 7640G Total available graphics memory 3057 MB Dedicated graphics memory 512 MB Dedicated system memory 0 MB Shared system memory 2545 MB Display adapter driver version 8.982.7.0 Primary monitor resolution 1600x900 DirectX version DirectX 11 or better Network Network Adapter Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Network Adapter Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter Network Adapter Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Network Adapter EasyTether Network Adapter

Edited by c0mbatphil, 10 January 2013 - 04:08 PM.

#156 Dragosi

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

The Patch hasn't changed my performance really at all. I've had really good performance for the most part. my video settings are the same since the last patch, being all on high and i get 60 fps for the most part. my system spec are as follows:

Spoiler

My Internet is a 6MB down and 1MB Up. not the greatest of connections but it hasn't been an issue since this patch. the only problem that i'm finding is that randomly in the middle of the launcher, we would get a session lost bug and it will kick me back to the log in screen. my roommate also has this issue.

#157 JorDash

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationHomer, Alaska

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

View PostMoPo, on 10 January 2013 - 02:43 AM, said:

I played several battles yesterday and this is what I saw.
  • How had the patch generally affected your performance?
  • No Noticeable difference
  • Whether there are specific points in the game when your performance changes.
Caustic Valley is the worst map for me fps wise. My Fps bounces around 18-25 for all maps. In Caustic I will usually get 3-4 drops down to 2-4 fps. They don't last for more than a second or 2 but it's enough to be annoying
  • What are your video settings, did you change them since last patch?
Haven't changed them since last patch. They are all set to low except for textures
  • Average FPS ingame and in the menus for previous patch and latest patch (Press F9 to see your FPS)
Average fps of 18-25 no matter what. Very rarely I will get a bounce up to 30
  • System specs (You can include them in a [spoiler] [ /spoiler])
  • Intel core 2 duo cpu
  • Nividia 9800gt
  • 4gb ddr2 ram
  • Your advertised internet connection speed / Geographic location
72mbps wifi Alaska(USA)

#158 GetinmyBellah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationWest Palm Beach, USA

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

View PostBriarios, on 10 January 2013 - 08:34 AM, said:

Hey devs. WHEN DO YOU FIX YOUR F****** LAG-ISSUE?

Hey Briarios,

When will players such as yourself stop whining without adding information and, or constructive criticism that helps the developers. This is still Beta as the game is not gold. CryEngine3 recently released a patch that should allow developer's the ability to gain more valuable statistics and help them optimize their game under cryengine. You help no one crying lag, but not backing it up with what they requested to help them FIX said lag issues, ya boob.

#159 ReptilianLava

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

All settings max except motion blur @ 1920x1080
Average: 40-50fps
4fps roughly every 8 games
Snowy mist level I have grey flickering textures almost always.
Will get yellow screen glitch every 20 games or so.

Is there going to be any crossfire/eyefinity native support when the game is released?
Crossfire always causes glitching screen and crash and I haven't tried eyefinity yet on either single or xfire.

Specs:
AMD 8-core 8350 @ 4.5GHz
2x6970 HIS + VT (Xfire results in a crash 90% of the time about 5 minutes into game so fps average is from using just the HIS card)
16GB DDR3 @ 1333MHz
Game is stored on a 2TB 7200RPM HDD
20mbps cable internet average around 40-60ms ping

Edited by ReptilianLava, 10 January 2013 - 09:19 PM.

#160 Maarek Stele

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

View PostTstyles, on 08 January 2013 - 03:14 PM, said:

not happy. lag is terrible now. has been fine since months before open beta. mechs teleport every couple of metres or i get lag stall and everything has to speed up like fast forwarding a video. pretty much unplayable!

GUTED! i love this game as well.

roughly 150ms ping.

frame rate is up though! not bothered

I am also noting an increased Ping from 90-95 now it jumps from 120-200.. FPS seems better, but LAG is terrible... High end rig..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users