Clan Wolverine

84 replies to this topic

#41 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:18 PM

Isn't PGI keeping Houses (and likely Clans) and even canon units out of player hands? at least initially?

There are already units/mercs/splinter sects etc RP'ing anything and everything. Units with Warhammer names, Eridinai Light Pony (so folk can be Mech Bronies) etc etc.....

I don't get why folks want to argue the issue of whether or not a group should or even can, run around calling itself some unit from Clan Wolverine...there's literally nothing anyone can do to prevent it, so why waste the time.

Plot points etc are irrelevent when you consider some of the other units out there. Clearly canon doesn't apply to sooo many of the players out there, at least these guys are trying to tie it somehow, some way into the original canon.

#42 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:56 PM

See, you have the hardcore Clansmen, who feel that anything wolverine is something that needs to be purged
You have people like me, who RP that anything Wolverine should be purged
Then you have the people who just like to cause sheet metal and stir up trouble.

*edit*
Also I just love to have BT nerd discussions. It is fun when people can pull various victional sources to back up their thoughts.

It is also good nerdy fun!

Edited by CoffiNail, 04 February 2013 - 03:00 PM.

#43 RagingOyster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 462 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, Maryland

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:16 PM

View PostJaroth Winson, on 24 January 2013 - 09:47 PM, said:

It said officially it was put down as bad bookkeeping. They considered the matter officially closed.

Also the WHOLE Ghost Bear patrol observed the survivors, it was just related by one man for that brief. Note that Amon is a Star Captain which would would mean at LEAST a Binary of warriors witnessed this.

My condescending tone comes from the fact you called me ignorant of Clan lore in a different thread when you knew nothing about what you were talking about & here you are again. I will never let you forget it, so any post you participate in that deals with the Clans, that I see fit to reply to, expect it & deal with it. The only *** here is you. Should have watched your words in the beginning.

Don't start nothing, won't be nothing.

P.S. I thought you were not replying to anything I had to say. :D

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Your tone is hilarious, as is your grudge bearing. I had long since forgotten about that whole mess but thanks for reminding me why I laugh when I see your name.
Anyway, keep being an ***. I'm sure it makes you feel good inside.

#44 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:36 PM

FYI, my sides hurt because I laugh so hard when I see your name. Mr. I called someone ignorant then got schooled so now I play the victim. :blink: :lol: :lol: dumbass

Just stick to your promise of shutting up.

View PostCoffiNail, on 04 February 2013 - 10:25 AM, said:

This is what we are to believe via sourcebooks, etc.

BattleCorps, which afaik is just as legit as the full novels is from where I know more ;)

Betrayal of Ideals by Blaine Lee Pardoe Books 1-4 a 240 page pdf when all four parts are combined.

Spoiler

Spoiler

The events played out slightly differently. I would very much recomend getting a month sub from battlecorps just for this book, though there are a couple more. One being Founding of the Clans by Randall Bills... he has two more parts to write... Everyone sub, read, love and harass him to finish them! :P

But yes, Dehra Dun was nuked accidentally by Snow Ravens themselves, and was no where near evacuated.

So what to believe, the sourcebook or this? :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Edited by Jaroth Winson, 04 February 2013 - 07:38 PM.

#45 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:41 PM

View PostJaroth Winson, on 04 February 2013 - 07:36 PM, said:

So what to believe, the sourcebook or this? ;) :P :blink: :lol:

Both? The BattleCorps would be the OOC knowledge, but the sourcebooks are the IC. I am sure VERY VERY FEW Clansmen would know the truth of the Not-Named.

#46 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:40 PM

It is one or the other; according to the sourcebooks the Not-Named nuked the city after evacuating it, but according to BOI it was the Snow Ravens, WHILE people were in it. There is an active Snow Raven Clan where our wrath can be taken out on.

But I need to know where to direct my fury seeing as the Not-Named dare to show their faces again.

:D :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Edited by Jaroth Winson, 04 February 2013 - 09:40 PM.

#47 Phoenix Gray

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 616 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:34 PM

View PostMalekhai, on 29 December 2012 - 07:40 PM, said:

Qultar, please explain your hatred for us.

You lost a Trial of Annihilation after you used nuclear weapons.

#48 Phoenix Gray

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 616 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:38 PM

View PostRagingOyster, on 24 January 2013 - 06:37 PM, said:

Ok, so you have given us some excerpts containing
  • Bad bookkeeping on the Clans' part
  • Nicholas Kerensky's personal fears
  • A man recounting a tale on his deathbed
I see nothing provative here, and hold to the opinion that the Not-Named Clan was annihilated, and even if some of them escaped, they ceased to be an effective organized force in the Inner Sphere. More likely, if any of them escaped they fled to the rimward Periphery and hid there. I still say that if any survivors arrived in the IS, ComStar would have been aware of a technologically advanced civilization existing outside the IS and I am confident Focht could have put 2 and 2 together and figured that this civilization was the descendant of the exiled SLDF.

Also, your condescending tone does nothing to make you sound bigger or more important. Kind of just makes you look like an ***. I never claimed to know more than anyone else, just stated that there is nothing concrete indicating that any of the Not-Named Clan escaped destruction, merely speculation and half-truths.

You forget the Kell Brothers Morgan and Christian, founders of the Kell Hounds, and their encounter with the "Minnesota Tribe" during their flight through the Perphery after rescuing the Steiner heiress.

#49 Skylarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,646 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationThe Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:22 PM

There is a newer source book that shows a a Clan Wolverine Warship under either Comstar or Word of Blakes control. It states that they are not sure how it come to be there.

#50 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,722 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:36 PM

There are no Clans.
Disband peacefully and go home.
We repeat there are no Clans.
You have been warned.
FEDCOM Military Security

#51 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:30 PM

View PostSkylarr, on 06 February 2013 - 01:22 PM, said:

There is a newer source book that shows a a Clan Wolverine Warship under either Comstar or Word of Blakes control. It states that they are not sure how it come to be there.

Don't know about that, but I do know that a Interstellar Expedition found lost colony and damaged Wolverine mechs on a periphery world.

http://bg.battletech...ellar-players-3

#52 Hollister

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 321 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:34 PM

View PostPhoenix Gray, on 06 February 2013 - 12:34 PM, said:

You lost a Trial of Annihilation after you used nuclear weapons.

Escaped a trial of annihilation, and that nuking was Clan Widowmaker who blamed it on Clan Wolverine if memory serves.

also Clan Wolverine Paint scheme, Blue and yellow with white highlights.
Posted Image

Edited by Hollister, 06 February 2013 - 03:45 PM.

#53 Skylarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,646 posts
  • LocationThe Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:18 PM

14 June 3095
Turned out Renzo wasn’t as brainless as Wade first thought. The radiological survey images from the Howard Carter had showed a definite ghosting in them, a kind of double exposure. Once Wade’s archaeological team excavated their way into the buried structure, they discovered an entire subterranean complex extending down several sublevels. The single composite image Renzo had captured couldn’t do justice to the sheer number of twisting underground passages that had caused the sensor shadows.

But that wasn’t why Wade popped open several bottles of expensive champagne for himself and his team. He had finally done it. He had found the mother lode, the holy grail of IE’s archaeological endeavors. Ragged uniforms bearing the Minnesota patch of the 331st Royal BattleMech Division and the strange Terran wolverine emblem. Discarded husks of barely identifiable BattleMechs. Technical devices of Star League-era sophistication but clearly not of Star League manufacture.

Upon finding a collection of antique noteputers and perscoms, Wade was so filled with glee he could barely contain himself. Time had corrupted most of the data beyond recognition, but what few fragments his technical staff had been able to extract thus far helped piece together the most comprehensive picture of the Minnesota Tribe’s entire history. After nearly three hundred years since the Tribe first appeared in Draconis Combine space, the veil of secrecy had been lifted, and Wade Laurence Beauregard, Ph.D., was the one pulling back the curtain.

Now that he knew what his team was dealing with, he transmitted to the Howard Carter a new set of imaging parameters that should hopefully account for the Minnesota colony’s multiple sublevels and provide a perfect, three dimensional map. Wade would’ve gone up to the DropShip himself, but the security team was still a day’s burn away from reaching orbit, and not even Spector could convince him to leave his precious dig site.

Excerpt from Interstellar Expeditions: Interstellar Players 3 mini story at beginning of book

Edited by Skylarr, 06 February 2013 - 05:19 PM.

#54 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:52 PM

View PostHollister, on 06 February 2013 - 03:34 PM, said:

Escaped a trial of annihilation, and that nuking was Clan Widowmaker who blamed it on Clan Wolverine if memory serves.

Great Hope was Widowmaker, Dehra Dun was Snow Raven accidently. They tried to blow a drop ship out of the sky with a nuke, they avoided it and it exploded above Dehra Dun.

#55 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:42 PM

One can only wonder "why the (redacted) would you shoot a tactical (redacted) nuke at a DROPSHIP?" I mean, at that point, you might as well just orbitally bombard them!

#56 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:01 AM

View PostCoffiNail, on 04 February 2013 - 02:56 PM, said:

See, you have the hardcore Clansmen, who feel that anything wolverine is something that needs to be purged

Clan Blood Spirit is/was not in that camp. Just thought I would bring that up.

#57 ZeraMec

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:27 AM

I see i have to read more of teh books. Is about 20 or more years ago, I read the last one. BTW i search a clan or unit to join. Any suggestiones?

#58 Gammanoob

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationThe Periphery

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:31 PM

I like Clan Wolverine, they were the only Clan who had the guts to stand up to perhaps the worst of several mad dictators who were somehow deemed worthy of the Clan leadership.

Edited by Gammanoob, 10 February 2013 - 01:32 PM.

#59 razzer1487

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:28 PM

Id love to join clan Wolverine IGN is razzer1487

#60 Gammanoob

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationThe Periphery

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:20 PM

View PostHollister, on 06 February 2013 - 03:34 PM, said:

also Clan Wolverine Paint scheme, Blue and yellow with white highlights.
Posted Image

It's, it's beautiful...

Edited by Gammanoob, 10 February 2013 - 06:20 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users