What faction are you joining? (Galactic Census)

181 replies to this topic

Poll: Galactic Census (772 member(s) have cast votes)

What House would you Join?

1. Davion (162 votes [21.01%])

Percentage of vote: 21.01%

2. Kurita (104 votes [13.49%])

Percentage of vote: 13.49%

3. Liao (63 votes [8.17%])

Percentage of vote: 8.17%

4. Steiner (150 votes [19.46%])

Percentage of vote: 19.46%

5. Other (120 votes [15.56%])

Percentage of vote: 15.56%

6. Marik (65 votes [8.43%])

Percentage of vote: 8.43%

7. Rasalhague (107 votes [13.88%])

Percentage of vote: 13.88%

If you were in a Mercenary Company which House do you want to most closely allied to?

1. Davion (130 votes [16.86%])

Percentage of vote: 16.86%

2. Kurita (67 votes [8.69%])

Percentage of vote: 8.69%

3. Liao (42 votes [5.45%])

Percentage of vote: 5.45%

4. Steiner (104 votes [13.49%])

Percentage of vote: 13.49%

5. Who ever pays more. (336 votes [43.58%])

Percentage of vote: 43.58%

6. Marik (27 votes [3.50%])

Percentage of vote: 3.50%

7. Rasalhague (65 votes [8.43%])

Percentage of vote: 8.43%

Is Lone Wolf your first choice?

1. Yes (157 votes [20.36%])

Percentage of vote: 20.36%

2. No (614 votes [79.64%])

Percentage of vote: 79.64%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#121 Sporkosophy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:37 PM

Good to see no one likes the Marik's, go Steiner!

#122 Thorolf Kylesson

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 140 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:41 PM

View Posttrycksh0t, on 25 May 2012 - 08:15 PM, said:

Somehow, I think that military personnel worldwide would take offense to you equating them with common mercenaries. Heck, I'm not in the military and I find it offensive. While military personnel are paid, the majority of them joined up because of patriotic loyalty, not for the paycheck. And, IMO, if they are only there for the paycheck, they need to get out.

Mercs fight only for themselves. Military personnel fight for something bigger than themselves. That's a huge difference.

I am one of those military people. While I love my country and serve proudly, I am being paid to do my job. that job is to break things and kill people. That was made perfectly clear to me from day 1. I hold no illusion to the nobility of what I do.
To say it like that, how do you define the Kell Hounds? Or McCarrons Armored Cavalry? Both Loyal to pretty much one house.

Edited by Thorolf Kylesson, 25 May 2012 - 09:47 PM.

#123 Sassori

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 884 posts
  • LocationBlackjack

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:45 PM

View PostThorolf Kylesson, on 25 May 2012 - 09:41 PM, said:

I am one of those military people. While I love my country and serve proudly, I am being paid to do my job. that job is to break things and kill people. That was made perfectly clear to me from day 1. I hold no illusion to the nobility of what I do.

So barring being asked to do it for your country, you'd just take any payment to break things and kill people for anyone who had enough money.

While some soldiers might have mercenary mindsets, not all of them do. There's always exceptions. Most soldiers I know didn't join the Military specifically to kill people, but to protect and defend their country out of patriotism.

#124 Hayden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:45 PM

I marked "Other" but by now I'm sure most of you know what that means.

#125 Ancalagon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 502 posts
  • LocationThe Abyss at the edge of Terra

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:39 PM

Stieners should have a massive discount on Atlases, and Atlases only! We should also get to pick different coats for our Atlases; Platnium plated, Gold plated, Silver plated, or Chrome plated for the really poor people :D.

#126 Iolobliss

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationOver yonder on the game world, Solaris VII

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:38 PM

At present the 'Lone Wolf' option provides the best flexibility for me but that my change in the future, depending on faction availability (e.g. Clans, preferrably, Ice Hellion or Jade Falcon).

#127 Rejarial Galatan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:33 PM

View PostAncalagon, on 25 May 2012 - 10:39 PM, said:

Stieners should have a massive discount on Atlases, and Atlases only! We should also get to pick different coats for our Atlases; Platnium plated, Gold plated, Silver plated, or Chrome plated for the really poor people :).

why waste precious metals like that? or is this typical of the IS mentality? i really do not understand the freebirth mentality of: take precious metal, plate the mech in it, stand out, get killed....

#128 Turbo Corvair

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationLake Ariel, PA

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:38 PM

View PostKanatta Jing, on 24 May 2012 - 05:26 PM, said:

So I want to get an idea of the expected population distribution of the game by measuring the population distribution of people repeatedly clicking refresh in MWO general.

This made me LOL!

#129 MrScar

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:52 PM

Im with LaznAzn. I kinda like the story of FRR, and i am simply tired of Davion and Steiner (they are everywhere imo :P) Wanted to go Davion, like i did in Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries, but I eventually changed my mind. Havent heard about FRR much, I read about them, liked it, and choosed it. Simple as that. Reason why i did it is because i maybe like the idea of heroic achievments of minor powers. :D

Plus, everyone plays what suits him or her best.

also... i love Vikings, and nordic culture

Edited by Optymistik, 26 May 2012 - 10:56 PM.

#130 Kazzamo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 180 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:24 PM

Okay I know this is slightly off topic but this topic did make me think... aren't Stiener and Davion the same faction at this point in the timeline? Their own militaries were fully merged in the early 3040s I though.

Edited by Kazzamo, 26 May 2012 - 11:24 PM.

#131 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:25 PM

Nope. Waiting on Katherine Steiner to do her thing, that, doesnt happen until the 3060's I think

Edited by Rejarial Galatan, 26 May 2012 - 11:27 PM.

#132 Kanatta Jing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:28 PM

View PostKazzamo, on 26 May 2012 - 11:24 PM, said:

Okay I know this is slightly off topic but this topic did make me think... aren't Stiener and Davion the same faction at this point in the timeline? Their own militaries were fully merged in the early 3040s I though.

Yeah, But maybe it just means that they'll be aligned factions that don't fight each other.

It would be a shame to have the majority of players getting identical bonus's.

*Edit* Well, 40% but that's still a lot.

Edited by Kanatta Jing, 26 May 2012 - 11:38 PM.

#133 Gaius Cavadus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 404 posts
  • LocationNova Roma, Alphard

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:30 PM

Before MWO I was a diehard Davion fanboi but have since reformed. I'm now fully Marian but unfortunately the closest MWO will let me get to that is the Free Worlds League which is alright by me since they're so underdeveloped and largely ignored despite being a successor state.

#134 Sassori

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 884 posts
  • LocationBlackjack

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:53 AM

View PostKazzamo, on 26 May 2012 - 11:24 PM, said:

While they are the Federated Commonwealth, the people are still Davion and still Steiner. Just because there was a military alliance between say England and France through marriage, French people were still French and English were still English. Just as an example.

While their militaries were 'integrated' the real fact of the matter was that it was more an integration of ideologies more than anything else. While there might have been the odd exchange it's not like they just picked up half of steiner mechs and dropped them into davion space, and vice versa. There was still segregation.

If my Leader said: We are now in permanent alliance with China, for example, I wouldn't stop thinking of myself as whatever I was born as.

#135 Deathz Jester

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,107 posts
  • LocationOH, USA

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:50 AM

I saw someone post about comstar earlier, wouldn't the Devs technically be Comstar?

#136 Adrienne Vorton

• 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:01 AM

i´m a little troubled right now...steiner is an option, but most likely one of the most populated... FRR are a choise i´d possibly make... i guess i´ll go for merc, but i guess it will not be easy to a find a proper Merc-Company to fit my style and codex^^

so i voted steiner, FRR and lonewolf :D it´s just not yet decided ...( FRR, make me a good offer xD)

View PostIron Harlequin, on 27 May 2012 - 01:50 AM, said:

I saw someone post about comstar earlier, wouldn't the Devs technically be Comstar?

probably... :P

#137 SilentSooYun

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 426 posts
  • LocationTikonov

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:57 AM

Initially, not knowing how factions work or what benefits/liabilities we can expect, I'm favoring Steiner. Apart from the fact my nearly life-long unit choice has been the (fictional) 13th Lyran Guard, Steiner has deep pockets, is part of the FC, and recieves some solid Clan action. Additionally, Steiner space holds Solaris IIV, a nice convenience :D

However, I might later turn mercanary. Thus far, my favourite MW games have been the Mercenaries releases (MW, MW2, MW4). I like the idea of negotiating pay and salvage, of keeping what I kill rather than simply accepting whatever the brass feels like filtering down my way. As such, I would be a Davion affiliate; Davion gives planets away to his mercs and stands the least chance for double-cross and betrayal.

#138 TankHunter678

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 03:21 AM

House Davion, as I am part of the 703rd Battalion 1st Kestrel Grenadiers.

#139 WoIf

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationAlternate Realities

Posted 27 May 2012 - 03:30 AM

I really have no idea how much influence each faction has over the game or what the significance of any of them are so I skimmed which one seemed interesting and ended up with Kurita. Old Japanese style feudalism with lords and stuff seems different and straight forward, so I guess it will be interesting to play under their guidelines.

Still said first choice would be a Lone Wolf cuz, let's be honest, that sounds pretty cool. But when I wanna feel like I'm actually doing something then I'd join a faction.

#140 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 27 May 2012 - 04:19 AM

View PostThorolf Kylesson, on 25 May 2012 - 08:04 PM, said:

FRR, even with the inpending Ghost Bear absorbtion. They both play to my Norseman ancestry.

I think there should be more Kuritans. Somebody has to defend the Hentai and Tentacle po**.

Dont worry about that, the merger is still 54 real years away :D

But we in the FRR are planning on wrecking the canon timeline badly anyway by stopping the clans at the border!

18 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users