High-End User.cfg File

372 replies to this topic

#281 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:04 AM

I see lots of asset loading during matches with DX11, when everything is cleanly preloaded for DX9. If only I knew the pre-caching setting to help DX11 dig itself out again... It is more fluid when it works on my old rig (Radeon HD 6950).

#282 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:11 AM

View PostColonel Pada Vinson, on 08 March 2014 - 07:13 PM, said:

anyone with FPS troubles in dx11 try adding r_flush=0 to your user.cfg

not sure if it will work for DX9. report back here.

Vinson, what does that actually do?

#283 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:20 AM

View PostBladeXXL, on 10 March 2014 - 06:55 AM, said:

We had some weeks in the open Beta, where it worked fine like Matthew described:
1st load Sys_Spec settings
2nd load user.cfg
I think it was twisted, because devs didn't know at this time which cvars can be used as a cheat and how how to block them.
Now - after learning this - ist should be possible to load user.cfg as last again.

I think they worked before the DX11 patch that way Game config -> user.cfg.
But it seems to be reverted now. At least it looks like this to me.

#284 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:10 AM

View PostReno Blade, on 10 March 2014 - 08:20 AM, said:

I think they worked before the DX11 patch that way Game config -> user.cfg.
But it seems to be reverted now. At least it looks like this to me.

I expect it'll go back to that eventually. Patience.

#285 Precipus

• Pip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16 posts
  • LocationSeattle Washington

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:05 PM

View PostEl Rizzo, on 10 March 2014 - 04:52 AM, said:

@Precipis

Have you tried setting it manually to 100 ? Because thats the default clockrate for Pci-e and by lowering it to 90 you are reducing your bandwidth, not by much, but still.

will try a manual pump to 100.

#286 Kshat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:41 PM

View PostKulaGGin, on 08 March 2014 - 12:49 PM, said:

I just read and tested. On testing grounds I have 90-150 fps on low-end 720p. 100 average. But in 12v12 match 20-40. Of course I understand that in 12v12 match it should be lower. But not 20. I can understand 80 or 60. But not 20.

It seems you're CPU-capped. Don't know why your FPS drop THAT low, but MWO likes some juicy IPC and lots of MHz. Try to OC your AMD, if you notice an effect, maybe your more than six years old processor deserves some rest ;)

#287 Lianesch ZA

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 90 posts
  • LocationXylanthia, Sirius Star System

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:55 PM

Ok so I did this, and I must say, definite improvement! I obviously switched to DX11 in the beginning, and went back to DX9 after a couple of days due to fps lag spikes but don't have them anymore since r_flush=0. Not sure if its the placebo effect, but I think it works.

Thanks Colonel

#288 El Rizzo

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 88 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:15 PM

@Lianesch

Did it improve your performance using Dx9 or did you switch back to Dx11 when you tested "r_flush=0" ?

#289 Lianesch ZA

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 90 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:21 PM

View PostEl Rizzo, on 14 March 2014 - 03:15 PM, said:

@Lianesch

Did it improve your performance using Dx9 or did you switch back to Dx11 when you tested "r_flush=0" ?

Switched back to DX11. Haven't tried it on DX9.

Oh and don't get me wrong, its still not my "before DX11 patch" fps. Then I used to have 100+ fps without V-Sync, now its 50 - 70 fps BUT its a lot smoother overall gameplay than before.

#290 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:22 PM

View PostColonel Pada Vinson, on 07 March 2014 - 10:17 PM, said:

you have an ATI card? i missed it if you said you did. you have to make sure you CCC settings are all set to "game selected" those settings usually cause the ghosting.

if you can not eliminate ghosting i suggest you try PGI defaults, if you still have ghosting with PGI defaults you have a problem with your rig and need to email support@mwomercs.com

It's a known bug. In some cases, "motion blur" ghosting cannot be disabled, or at least disabling it doesn't stick. Some "solutions" have removed it for me, but such fixes only seem to last until I restart my client. Toggling Motion Blur on and off, changing render path to DX11, then back to DX9, for example will sometimes fix it for a session.

I have the same issue, ever since the patch. I DO have an AMD card, but all my settings are set to game controlled - using custom settings in CCC with MWO almost always results in very... Undesirable results (such as transparent terrain, woo!)

Anyways, Matt has noted recently that they're investigating the bug. Until then, though, if you can't get rid of motion blur with r_MotionBlur=0 or the game settings, you can't get rid of motion blur at all until said bug is fixed.

Yay.

#291 Lianesch ZA

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 90 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 03:14 AM

Also, not sure if its due to r_flush=0, but I don't have the green smoke effect in heat vision anymore.

#292 CMIRKO

Rookie

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:13 AM

any updates Coloner Pada ? :D

#293 Antique

• PipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:42 AM

could we please get a low or a medium user.cfg that doesn't crash after startup of the mech, since I can't make the high end one you posted work so that I don't lose major fps..

#294 El Rizzo

• PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:39 PM

@Antique

Have you tried removing this line from your config ? "q_ShaderPostProcess = 4" the number can be different, so search for the line without the value and set a ";" in front of it or just remove the line entirely and see if that fixes it for you, it should work with the older .cfgs.

#295 Shamous13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationKitchener, Ont.

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:36 AM

View PostCMIRKO, on 21 March 2014 - 09:13 AM, said:

any updates Coloner Pada ? :huh:

Due too recent events I don't think Colonel Pada Vinson will be around for a while if ever, See the attached link :P :ph34r:

#296 El Rizzo

• PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:47 AM

Due too recent events I don't think Colonel Pada Vinson will be around for a while if ever, See the attached link

Aside from the disturbing insight into the free to play business model, his ban was lifted, so why do you think he won't be around anymore ? It doesn't sound like he is giving up on the game or anything but just a discussion about legal rights of customers of free to play games.

#297 Smokeyjedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:49 AM

View PostShamous13, on 26 March 2014 - 04:36 AM, said:

Due too recent events I don't think Colonel Pada Vinson will be around for a while if ever, See the attached link :huh: :P

So one of the single most helpful personalities in the forums gets the axe? Oh PGI you just keep diggin that hole don't you. How blind is the guy leading you bats?

#298 Shamous13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:53 AM

Quoted from here on page 57

I'm still here guys. Just busy in real-life. Going on vacation for 2 weeks to take a break.

I can assure you I will no longer be supporting mechwarrior online in any way unless PGI apologizes and fixes their game, and at this point I'm more likely to expect hell to freeze over. At least %^&*%$ had the guts to revamp their game until it worked, you gotta respect that.

That's all I can say for now. When I get back from vacation and as we roll into summer there may be something a lot more exciting to share.

View PostSmokeyjedi, on 26 March 2014 - 05:49 AM, said:

So one of the single most helpful personalities in the forums gets the axe? Oh PGI you just keep diggin that hole don't you. How blind is the guy leading you bats?

I was shocked and disgusted by the information.

#299 El Rizzo

• PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:30 AM

Wow ... that is really harsh, makes it even harder to understand how people still blindly support this company by buying the clan packages at those ridiculous prices. I somehow regret having spent another 30$ just recently on the game :)

#300 Shamous13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:40 AM

Here's the mid level cfg that I've been using latley.
Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users