#261 Precipus

• Pip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16 posts
  • LocationSeattle Washington

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:36 PM

View PostColonel Pada Vinson, on 06 March 2014 - 03:15 PM, said:

you still get the drops with object detail set to low too?

does it say "low" or "custom" up top for prime config? try setting prime config to low.

haven't tried it with object detail set to low. every time I have in the past I can't see mechs out @ a distance

#262 Vincent V. Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 299 posts
  • LocationWarrior, Command Star, Alpha Galaxy, Clan Wolf.

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:49 PM

Hey there!

Is there possible to get a low-end user.cfg which would remove this motion blur/ghosting as well as change the Cryengine used from 11 to 9? I already got a below the mark computer for this game but I have been able to play it just fine using the config made by DeerSpotter before found here: http://mwomercs.com/...-core-machines/

Problem is that after this patch, my game will not launch at all if I have that configuration on. That motion blur thing is incredibly annoying and distracting. The FPS hit is evenly annoying to say the least...

#263 Vincent V. Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 299 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:50 PM

Correction; Your low end work-around worked for me but I am not too fussed about the cockpit change.

How to I remove that change as well as get rid of the motion blur I see?

#264 El Rizzo

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 88 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:20 AM

Just remove the line " cl_fov = 85" or whatever number is used to change your cockpit view and set the line r_MotionBlur = 5 to 0 to remove motion blur.

#265 KulaGGin

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:38 PM

STEP 1 - """Config""" - THIS FOLDER ENABLES ACTIVATION OF USER.CFG FILE CUSTOM COMMANDS. - MUST BE COPY & PASTED INTO C:\GAMES\PIRANHA GAMES\MECHWARRIOR ONLINE\ENGINE\ FOLDER. OBVIOUSLY REPLACE C: ETC WITH THE LOCATION OF YOUR MWO FOLDER.

STEP 2 FILM GRAIN REMOVEL (OPTIONAL, NOT REQUIRED) """EngineAssets""" (THIS FOLDER/FILE REMOVES THE FILM GRAIN EFFECT, ALL IS CRISPER) - COPY AND PASTE AGAIN INTO YOUR MWO FOLDER UNDER C:\GAMES\PIRANHA GAMES\MECHWARRIOR ONLINE\ENGINE\

THE ONLY OTHER 2 FILES UNDER THE C:\GAMES\PIRANHA GAMES\MECHWARRIOR ONLINE\ENGINE SHOULD BE ENGINE.PAK AND SHADERS.PAK, AND THEN YOU SHOULD SEE THE 2 FOLDERS YOU PASTED, 1 inside CONFIG folder you created & ENGINEASSETS.

STEP 4 - COPY & SAVE THE CONTENTS OF ONE OF THE USER.CFG SETUPS FROM CFG FILES TO THE USER.CFG FILE IN YOUR MWO FOLDER. THIS FILE IS NORMALLY EMPTY.

STEP 5 - DELETE THE CACHE FOLDER UNDER USER/SHADERS FOLDER. DO THIS ON OCCASION TO CLEAR THE CACHE, OR FOR SURE IF YOU CHANGE USER.CFG SETTINGS.

I've copied Config and EngineAssets folders into %GAMES%\MECHWARRIOR ONLINE\ENGINE\.
Then I copied settings from %USER.CFG COLLECTION%\Archive to MECHWARRIOR ONLINE/user.cfg. After that I've deleted cache folder from %USER%/SHADERS folder.
It looks I've done everything like I've been told to do.
But it doesn't work for me. Game crashes every time right after I spawn. I tried to copy settings from each one file in %USER.CFG COLLECTION%\Archive. And I even tried to delete all settings from my user.cfg. Game crashes anyway. But If I delete Config and EngineAssets folders game works fine.

Well, how do you make your configs work? For example here's some config:
Spoiler

How can I make it work for me?

Edited by KulaGGin, 07 March 2014 - 03:41 PM.

#266 El Rizzo

• PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:50 PM

@KulaGGin

Sounds like you are still using the old settings from the last .cfg zip folder that was posted in this thread, those are obsolete now, try the .cfg posted here its the latest one but its for ultra high, so you might have to tweak it for your own needs if your performance is lower than desired.

Edited by El Rizzo, 07 March 2014 - 03:51 PM.

#267 KulaGGin

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:58 PM

View PostEl Rizzo, on 07 March 2014 - 03:50 PM, said:

@KulaGGin

Sounds like you are still using the old settings from the last .cfg zip folder that was posted in this thread, those are obsolete now, try the .cfg posted here its the latest one but its for ultra high, so you might have to tweak it for your own needs if your performance is lower than desired.

I tried cfgs from first post and I tried cfgs you guys posting here after 4th march patch.
Should game work without user.cfg in mechwarrior folder and with config and engineassets folders in engine folder? Or once I copied these two config and engineassets folders into engine folder I just have to put all these commands into my user.cfg?

#268 Vincent V. Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 299 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 04:09 PM

View PostEl Rizzo, on 07 March 2014 - 03:20 AM, said:

Just remove the line " cl_fov = 85" or whatever number is used to change your cockpit view and set the line r_MotionBlur = 5 to 0 to remove motion blur.

I figured out the cockpit view thing but the Motion Blur is not removed when I put it to 0... It is still there. :S

#269 El Rizzo

• PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 04:22 PM

Or once I copied these two config and engineassets folders into engine folder I just have to put all these commands into my user.cfg?

You copy the config and engineassets folder into your engine folder and merge them if asked, then you copy the lines from the spoiler in the link i posted into your user.cfg file that should sit empty in your main game folder after you have done all that, delete your shader folder and start the game and it should work, at least thats all i have done and it works just fine for me.

I figured out the cockpit view thing but the Motion Blur is not removed when I put it to 0... It is still there. :S

This might sound stupid, but have you disabled motion blur in the client settings as well ? because i don't have any motion blur as far as i can tell.

Edited by El Rizzo, 07 March 2014 - 04:25 PM.

#270 Vincent V. Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 299 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:05 PM

View PostEl Rizzo, on 07 March 2014 - 04:22 PM, said:

This might sound stupid, but have you disabled motion blur in the client settings as well ? because i don't have any motion blur as far as i can tell.

Fair question and yes I have. :S It is still there. It does not work to turn it on, save settings, then turn it off and save again either...

That ghost motion blur is quite annoying to say the least...

#271 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:17 PM

View PostVincent V Kerensky, on 07 March 2014 - 08:05 PM, said:

Fair question and yes I have. :S It is still there. It does not work to turn it on, save settings, then turn it off and save again either...

That ghost motion blur is quite annoying to say the least...

you have an ATI card? i missed it if you said you did. you have to make sure you CCC settings are all set to "game selected" those settings usually cause the ghosting.

if you can not eliminate ghosting i suggest you try PGI defaults, if you still have ghosting with PGI defaults you have a problem with your rig and need to email support@mwomercs.com

How can I make it work for me?

did you read the included readme files? all the instructions are in there. PM me if you need further help.

Edited by Colonel Pada Vinson, 07 March 2014 - 10:20 PM.

#272 Vincent V. Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 299 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 12:12 AM

I've set all my CCC settings to "Use Application Settings" but that doesn't help... Still having that Ghosting issue...

#273 KulaGGin

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 08 March 2014 - 12:49 PM

View PostColonel Pada Vinson, on 07 March 2014 - 10:17 PM, said:

did you read the included readme files? all the instructions are in there. PM me if you need further help.

Yes I did. Anyway cfgs work now. But do you know what? I have same fps on high-end and low-end settings.
I got 20-40 fps on these settings 1080p(high-end):
Spoiler

I got 20-40 fps on these settings 1080p:
Spoiler

And I got very same fps on 720p. It is abnormal.
I tried to change ingame settings, resolution, full screen/full windows, nvidia control panel - multithreading, directx, vsync, damage glow, delete cache folder etc. And fps stays between 20-40.
My hardware:
MSi GTX560 TiTop DCII 2GB
ASUS Phenom II x4 x965 @ 3.4 Ghz
4 GB RAM
On 720p low-end settings I should have about 120 fps. But no. Same 20-40 fps.

I just read and tested. On testing grounds I have 90-150 fps on low-end 720p. 100 average. But in 12v12 match 20-40. Of course I understand that in 12v12 match it should be lower. But not 20. I can understand 80 or 60. But not 20.

Is there any way to increase fps or we have to wait before they will rewrite code?

Is anyone has more than 60 fps constantly?

Edited by KulaGGin, 08 March 2014 - 01:47 PM.

#274 Precipus

• Pip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 02:28 PM

is it more or has anyone else noticed a large reduction in ram usage?

#275 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:13 PM

anyone with FPS troubles in dx11 try adding r_flush=0 to your user.cfg

not sure if it will work for DX9. report back here.

#276 Precipus

• Pip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:41 AM

oddly enough I did something last night that has brought everything back into place for me. I went to my BIOS and turned my PCIX fsb from auto to 90. no problems anywhere except the stupid gamma and blur. this helped both DX 9 and 11. prior to this my secondary card would run 1.1, now both run 2.0 *shrugs*

#277 El Rizzo

• PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 04:52 AM

@Precipis

Have you tried setting it manually to 100 ? Because thats the default clockrate for Pci-e and by lowering it to 90 you are reducing your bandwidth, not by much, but still.

#278 Shamous13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationKitchener, Ont.

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:00 AM

View PostColonel Pada Vinson, on 08 March 2014 - 07:13 PM, said:

anyone with FPS troubles in dx11 try adding r_flush=0 to your user.cfg

not sure if it will work for DX9. report back here.

What does r_flush = 0 do?

#279 Reno Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:28 AM

View PostVincent V Kerensky, on 08 March 2014 - 12:12 AM, said:

I've set all my CCC settings to "Use Application Settings" but that doesn't help... Still having that Ghosting issue...

I just found this in the dev tracker:

View PostMatthew Craig, on 03 March 2014 - 09:38 AM, said:

Some comments regarding user.cfg currently the way it works is the user.cfg values apply first then whatever detail setting you have applies after e.g. low there is a good chance currently it will overwrite most of the values you intend to change. This is not my goal for desired behaviour I want to reverse this order, settings apply then user.cfg this will allow much better control over the options we allow you to change.

Anything we don't want changed is being restricted or capped to a range, field of view is a good example currently it is clamped between 40-90 this is the range we've deemed acceptable for now to allow users that care about this to tune while not giving themselves major tactical advantages. This is the approach we'll continue to take for now (clamp/restrict anything game breaking) and allow you to tweak the remainder.

Very interesting.
I guess thats why we still have motion blur effects and such.

#280 BladeXXL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,099 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:55 AM

View PostReno Blade, on 10 March 2014 - 05:28 AM, said:

Very interesting.
I guess thats why we still have motion blur effects and such.

We had some weeks in the open Beta, where it worked fine like Matthew described:
1st load Sys_Spec settings
2nd load user.cfg
I think it was twisted, because devs didn't know at this time which cvars can be used as a cheat and how how to block them.
Now - after learning this - ist should be possible to load user.cfg as last again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users